Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beekeeping: How do I get rid of a new group trying to establish a home?

Communities > Forums > Beekeeping
bookmark
Forum: BeekeepingReplies: 1, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
KGinCA
Highland, CA

April 3, 2010
1:12 PM

Post #7677238

I know how important they are, & I don't want to hurt any! But they have moved into one of my large bird house feeders this week. They are actually keeping the birds away, and we can't get to the seed to keep up the feeders anyway without going through the bees. They have to go! The top does not come off the birdhouse - they are going in & out of 2 dime sized holes. I need to stop this before they are anymore established. Once they find the hummer & oriole feeders I will have a bee haven instead of a bird haven. The yard is small & we won't be able to go out there either...

Thanks for any suggestions!

ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2010
1:43 PM

Post #7677302

If they are honey bees see if you can locate a beekeeper in your area what will come and remove them safely and without harm to the bees.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beekeeping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
To catch a honey bee... WUVIE 10 Mar 25, 2007 11:18 PM
Dead Bees countryfarms 17 Oct 7, 2010 11:42 AM
New Beekeepers SwarmCatcher 10 Sep 12, 2009 3:51 PM
Bee sting - bee stinger mygardens 27 Nov 12, 2008 4:04 PM
Bees in the ground starlight1153 45 Sep 9, 2009 9:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America