Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Weather: April Showers 2010...

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 118, Views: 561
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2010
7:17 PM

Post #7680167

Welcome to the Weather forum! Come on in, and tell us about the weather where you are. We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1084234/

Happy Easter, everyone! I feel like I've been gone for months!! I've missed you all, and I'm looking forward to catching up.

The bunnies' room is done (mostly). I took some photos, but the camera is acting funny and won't upload the pictures to the computer. grrr... I need to get dh to look at it. We still need to do some decorating in there, but at least the main stuff is done, so we can move all of their toys and books back in there and I can have the living room back! Yayy! LOL

It's been really warm here - but not overbearingly so. It's nice to have a "spring!" Some years it goes directly from winter to our highs-in-the-90s-with-98%+-humidity summer pattern. Ugh. It's nice to have something in the middle for a while! :-)

The Texas Mountain Laurel is almost done blooming now. I didn't take any photos, since the camera is acting up. Here is a photo of the blooms from last year, though.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 8:01pm CDT (67 min ago)
Temperature 70 F 21 C (our outdoor thermometer says it's 75)
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 83%
Pressure 29.97 in 1015 mb
Wind Speed 15 MPH
G 22 13 kts
G 19
Wind Dir SSE 150
Ceiling 2300 ft 701 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53pm CDT : 73.9F / 23.3C

Tonight Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

This message was edited Apr 4, 2010 9:19 PM

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Click the image for an enlarged view.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 5, 2010
4:29 AM

Post #7680765

40 but I haven't stuck my head out yet. Yesterday afternoon we had tiny hail and a lot of thunder. Just when the radar showed clear, a half hour later it was thundering again. I think the ground is getting pretty wet now, so I don't think I'll be working the garden. We have another chance of rain this afternoon and it winds up tomorrow.

Chrissy, glad your storm wasn't bad. He's a nice old mule :o)

Bernie, that is an amazing age!

Adina, I can taste the apricots! Yum! The blooms are different than an apple. Very small and pretty!

Oh Pepper! Well it's out of your hands now. What a mess!

Marylyn, miss you too when you're not here. I'll bet the bunnies are so happy with their new room! I sure would be! The Laurel is beautiful!! Kind of like a huge lilac. Does it smell good?

It looks like we all had a nice Easter with warmer temps. I try to make every day count because it does slide into summer so fast.

We took the jeep out to see the gravel roads. This picture doesn't do them ''justice.'' DH didn't want to stop in case we got stuck. I guess the county maintainer got stuck on one of the roads.

Thumbnail by billyporter

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 5, 2010
4:50 AM

Post #7680802

What a mess! That's what our roads looked like 2 years ago. We were to have a birthday party for my MIL. Had to move it to DD house in town.
Our roads are really good this year. Who can figure, with all the snow we had. No frost in the ground this winter, to heavy of a blanket on the ground.
I'm playing the odds! Planted a bunch of green & yellow beans yesterday. If they don't make it, we can replant. If they do, we will have real early beans. Beans are one of our main crops at market. People love our beans!
I might work on my front flower bed today. I am going to rebuild the pond. Big job, may take a while. First thing I need to do is dig a bunch of perennials that are in the way.

We have a bush blooming in one of the erosion rows. Bright yellow. I will have to look for a tag to see what it is.

Sun coming up.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 5, 2010
5:54 AM

Post #7680938

Bernie, they're saying they don't have money to fix the roads. Well, they better do something. The tractors are on the move now. We have gone into winter with a high water table the last couple of years. That usually doesn't happen. I couldn't believe the mess!

I hope your beans make it! Right now our rabbits would eat them to the ground. Later, they don't bother them, but they nibble the spinach.

It's inevitable, one job becomes three :o) I can't wait to see the new pond tho!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 5, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #7681025

Pep I hope it's not too expensive. In 1997 me and my boyfriend at the time bought a 1989 Chevy Blazer S-10, was a great vehicle and we used to run with the PRCA Team Ropers and were friends with Bobby Hurley and drove him to and from airports all the time (this was in CA.) For the final rodeos in Las Vegas his partner had to fly to Las Vegas for some reason so one of us drove his truck and the other drove our Blazer all the way to Vegas (10 hour drive.) and we came back the next day. We got probably an hour away from home and every time it would go into overdrive it would jitter and shake the whole truck. We pulled over and the gasket had lost its 'gasketicity' and we had tranny fluid all over both sides of the thing and the tranny was empty. We put fluid in it and thank goodness the valley is flat, we made it back home. It wasn't too expensive to fix it, it couldn't have been because we were broke! LOL Hopefully that's all that's wrong with yours.

Hope the storms didn't get too bad for you all yesterday evening and last night, I checked once and there was a tornado warning just outside of Columbia, MO.

Marilyn!! I've miss you girl!!! Glad things are coming together, but that camera... you know we're going to want pics :)

I should have re-posted my weather yesterday, it was more humid than all get out. It's humid today too and we're supposed to get storms tomorrow.

Right now it's 65* and cloudy, real feel of 64*. Today's sunny with some clouds and the high is supposed to be 83* with a real feel of 88*, winds out of the SSW at 4mph, gusts up to 15mph. Tonight's patchy clouds with a low of 60*, real feel of 57*, winds out of the South at 10mph with gusts up to 21mph.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 5, 2010
7:20 AM

Post #7681100

Crissy, I'm always amazed at the stories people have to tell. I have got to get a life!! Oohhh, that's too warm for me! It's chilly here right now.

We got a little over 6/10' rain again. It's all soaking in!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2010
8:26 AM

Post #7681252

48, cloudy and getting darker. Eeeek! Another stomr moving in.

Bernie, good luck with that pond project.

We really need some good weather so we can build the raised beds. I want to plant things and the weather is not cooperating.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 5, 2010
8:41 AM

Post #7681288

Thanks to Suddenlink, I am waaaaay behind! Internet service has been down all week-end (since Fri. afternoon) except for a few minutes here and there. Everytime I would get online, the service would go down again! I wonder if they will pro-rate our bill for this month? Probably not! Anyway, they got it up and running again this morning and I am playing catch-up.

I can't comment on everything but I have skimmed all the posts and looked at your photos!

Sun is shining here today. We had some rain during the night so hopefully the pollen has been washed out of the air and I can get outside--so much weeding still to do. I pretty well have the flowerbeds in
the back yard all cleaned up. Now I have to start on the front flower beds!
Here's a photo of the big oak tree in the yard behind me--I took this photo 3 days ago--it has come out even more since then. This is just one of the culprits that is spreading all the pollen in our area. LOL

Thumbnail by marsue

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 5, 2010
9:15 AM

Post #7681367

Celia, hang on!! Lovely forsythia!

Marsue, it's so easy to get so far behind. You're back and that's what matters! Yet it's a beautiful tree. I never thought about pollen. I wonder if we have any yet. Thankfully, I have no allergies. It skipped us kids, but Mom was bad.

It's just 60 but hot in the sun. I may go out and bask awhile after coffee.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 5, 2010
10:03 AM

Post #7681501

Sally, someone I knew at work said that his wife had allergy problems. She had two children. For one, she as pregnant during the allergy season and for the other, she wasn't. The child that developed during the allergy season turned out to not have allergies and the other child did. I don't know if it is co-incidence or not.

The Dodgers have their opening day game today in Pittsburgh. Earlier there was a lot of consternation about having to play in a cold place this early in the year, but it turns out that today, Pitts is going to have better weather than we are having here today.

I felt the earthquake yesterday. It lasted longer than what we usually have and really got the hanging things swinging. The news reports have been very sparse, but it sounds like they didn't get all that much damage in Mexico, all things considered. They must have built pretty well in Mexicali.

We got 0.5" of rain overnight. I was hoping that we would get something for the sake of the late blooming wildflowers. In other words, April showers bring June flowers.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on April 05, 2010
55 F
Overcast
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 51 F
Wind: 7 mph from the SSW

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 5, 2010
11:45 AM

Post #7681716

Sally, the Texas Mountain Laurels smell like grape kool-aid. Very yummy, and not overpowering. Not quite as nice as lilacs, but they make a nice substitute. :-) Some years they are so loaded with blooms they stop traffic. This year they mostly bloomed on the house side of the bushes. (I think the girls tried climbing in them, and broke off a bunch of the buds on the other side.) So we had a great view of them, but didn't have anyone knocking on the door asking what they were. Next year - no climbing!

Those roads are a mess!! I'm glad you didn't get stuck. I sure hope they find money to get them fixed somehow!

Bernie, I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your pond! One of these years, I want a pond, but it's not going to happen this year. Ah, well... I hope the weather behaves so your beans can make it!

Marilyn, our oak trees are spreading pollen, too. Our cars are covered in yellow dust. I am often grateful that I don't have any pollen allergies, cuz Houston is a miserable place to live for people who do. There is always something blooming/sporing/pollening (is that a word?? LOL) here.

Kelli, the Astros are playing today, too. Yayy! I love baseball season! The NCAA basketball finals are tonight, too. Unfortunately we have a class at church, so we're going to miss both games.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 1:39pm CDT (3 min ago)
Temperature 81 F 27 C
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 69%
Pressure 30.09 in 1019 mb
Wind Speed 14 MPH 12 kts
Wind Dir SSE 150
Ceiling 3500 ft 1067 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 78 F 26 C
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 68.0F / 20.0C

Today Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs around 80. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 5, 2010
1:04 PM

Post #7681882

Marylyn, thanks for the new thread. Great to hear from you!

Warm today, 65F, but cloudy almost all day. We had a short shower earlier, at sunset.

ADINA

Thumbnail by adinamiti

ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 5, 2010
3:48 PM

Post #7682260

Hi Everyone. Hope you all had a good Easter. I was outside all day, and when I came in I didn't get here to DG so am too far behind to comment on all the posts.

Looks like everyone is moving into the heart of spring, although we will not be planting beans here until June!

Kelli - when I heard about the earthquake I thought about you and wondered if you felt it.

Sunfarm - the large quadrapeds look great. Loved the picture of them grazing.

It was another pleasant day here, not greening up yet, still looks barren, but the fiddleheads are just breaking though the soil, and the lillies and hosta are beginning to push up too.

Here is the current weather
52 F
Overcast
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 36 F
Wind: 14 mph from the SSW

Wind Gust: 20 mph
Pressure: 29.94 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 5, 2010
6:07 PM

Post #7682672

Storms this morning. Not a whole lot of rain here but lots of thunder and lightning. After the storm for several hours it was really muggy out. Then the winds came back and started blowing pretty hard.

We reached a high in the low 80s with humidity hovering in the mid to high 60% range. Tomorrow we are under a slight risk of severe storms and apparently it promises to be a doozer. Hail, wind, rain, and isolated risk of tornadoes.

Crissy, the tornado was over in Moberly which is north of Colombia and lasted about 10 minutes.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 5, 2010
7:27 PM

Post #7682899

Well our weather went fro 10% chance when I looked this afternoon to Tornado Watch/Warning in about 30 minutes.
It rumbled through here about 7:30PM
Lots of lightning but not as much thunder as I would have expected.
Saw some serious Intracloud Lightning and a couple of ground strikes.
Maybe 1/2" of rain.
Of course we had decided not to tarp the Shed ... lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2010
8:51 PM

Post #7683089

Our weather went from 20% chance of rain/snow to 100% snow. Yuck. Everything is white. AGAIN!!! Argh.

Betty Boop rose is still looking great.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2010
3:42 AM

Post #7683395

47 and a storm passed way north of us. At 4:30 am I heard the cops on the scanner say heavy rain but no wind yet, so I got up and got the coffee going in case we lost power. The north is on our power grid, so if they lose power, we could too. But, all is well and here I am. Yesterday, our big rain day, was a bust.

Kelli, you never know. I think that if your Mom smoked whem pregnant, you have a harder time quitting. She smoked with me and one brother. I did quit. He hasn't. The other brother could keep it to three a day. I asked why he bothered, so he quit. Sister died at 16, so I'll never know, but I'll bet she would have quit before me. I've always heard things skip a generation and that you are more your grandparents than you are your parents. Mom got her allergies from her grandmother.

I wondered if you would feel the earthquake.

Marylyn, I have the iris that smells like that. Yum!! I'm sure they wouldn't like zone 5 weather, but they are beautiful!! Kids love to climb! I did too.

Adina, so pretty!

Ledge, I have about the same flowers pushing thru as you do. It will be interesting to see your flower pictures.

Oh Ric, I hope the shed dries out fast!! Wow! It's looking nice!!

Celia, (((Big Hug))) That's terrible weather! Betty Boop is looking good!

It looks like we are going to warm up to close to 80 today. Suncsreen for me!

Kiska, does you like worms?

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2010
3:47 AM

Post #7683400

I goofed! It was 57 and now it's 60! I think it's going to be muggy!
sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2010
3:54 AM

Post #7683404

Yesterday evening's severe weather seems to have passed north of us, though I heard a few rumbles of thunder. Not a drop of rain here, which we are starting to need. The radar for northern KY/Cincinnati area was impressive (sorry, Ric) and this morning's TV news has some video clips of golfball-size hail in NE Kentucky yesterday. Looks like it was all north of I-64. The most severe outbreak of widespread tornadoes was in early April 1974, so this is the time of year!
Supposed it be warm today--mid 80s, but calm.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2010
6:10 AM

Post #7683631

Marylyn: sorry about the broken limbs but I imagine the girls enjoyed climbing in the mountain laurel! :o)) Looking forward to seeing photos of the completed remodeling project(s).
Sally: I am not bothered by allergies all that much, either, although I take preventive measures by using a nasal spray before I go outside this time of year. LOL at the worms! I've been turning up a lot of worms in my flowerbeds--yay, worms!
Celia: loving the photo of Betty Boop! I've long been a fan of hers. LOL
Kelli: that is interesting about the two siblings and their allergies or lack thereof. There may be something to that.
Ric: the shed is looking good! What is that vine looking thing in front of the shed that appears to be tied up?
Sunfarm: glad the severe weather missed you but I do hope you get some rain soon.

going to be windy today--doesn't "it" know it is April--stop that blowing!!

# Today: Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. Warm. High 81F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph.
# Tonight: Partly cloudy this evening with more clouds for overnight. Low 63F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2010
6:35 AM

Post #7683705

LOL!
Mau that's one of our Holiday Deer.
We're leaving the Moose out... haven't gotten around to...

Beautiful here today!
Clear, Calm and Sunny!
Should be 81... AGAIN WAY too Hot for now.
Our normal high is 61.
We show a huge drop forecast for Weds-Thurs.
Best guess someone gets pounded.
We could be looking at some serious weather tomorrow afternoon.

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 6, 2010
7:51 AM

Post #7683899

Overcast. Sprinkles.
Rain later today.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2010
7:55 AM

Post #7683910

35.3 F with 40 for the high. Hopefully by tomorrow all this bad weather will be gone for awhile.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 30 F
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 18 F
Wind: 6.0 mph from the West
Wind Gust: 17.0 mph
Pressure: 30.10 in (Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 6500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 8000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Jealous of everyone's accomplishments and flowers. I'm going to curl up with my book and pout.

Yoshino cherry will be opening soon.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 6, 2010
8:42 AM

Post #7684003

The pollen is so thick here that we can see it falling from the sky, and you can see it in the air also, everything looks like a yellowish smog, and of course everything has a coat of pollen on it. Heard on the news that the long, cold winter has created more pollen than normal, no wonder DH Dave's having such a hard time this year. And the valet parking downstairs from the office had my car window open yesterday, so my black dash has a tint of yellow on it. LOL now I Have to dust it! LOL

LOL Ric, never fails!

Nice Betty Boop Celia! OOOO your cherry is getting close!!! I hope that blizzard passed by and the snow is once again melting. I feel so bad about your bad weather!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2010
8:44 AM

Post #7684010

The snow is melting but the clouds are bunching up again and it's getting dark out there. Ick.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 6, 2010
1:04 PM

Post #7684555

Usually the bunnies climb in the crape myrtles, which are much bigger, and are strong enough to handle them. They just "branched out" (haha) into the mountain laurels once, and I shooed them off when I noticed them in there... the laurels' branches are too thin for the weight. I didn't blame them for trying, of course. :-)

That's beautiful, Adina!

Hang in there, Celia! Spring is coming! ^_^

The pollen here is exactly like that, too, Crissy. My poor friends with allergies are miserable. :-(

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 2:53pm CDT (8 min ago)
Temperature 84 F 29 C
Dew Point 62 F 17 C
Humidity 59%
Pressure 29.90 in 1012.4 mb
Wind Speed 17 MPH
G 26 15 kts
G 23
Wind Dir S 170
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 79 F 26 C
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 68.0F / 20.0C

Rest of today Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Breezy. Highs around 80. South winds 15 to 25 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2010
1:18 PM

Post #7684592

I know. But I want it NOOOOW!!! LOL

It's snowing lightly.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 6, 2010
1:34 PM

Post #7684629

Marylyn, the Astros game was on ESPN, so I got to see it. As an Astros fan, you didn't miss much, but I'm sure you already know that. It was less ugly than the Dodger game. They can't even beat the Pirates.

I have a TX mountain laurel but it is done blooming. I have never smelled it. It is up on a steep slope. I have bearded irises that smell like grape soda. They are some old variety that came with the house.

It's pollen time here, too. Anywhere the water dried up outside there are yellow rings and spots. I think it's pine tree pollen right around here. There are a lot of oaks in the wild but people don't have them in their yards. Sometimes I'll be sneezy when I first get up but the rest of the time I'm o.k. That may just be dust in general. I've really neglected my room.

Windy today, which doesn't surprise me since we got rain yesterday. It's enough to make the house creak once in a while.

Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on April 06, 2010
69 F
Clear
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 24 F
Wind: 18 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 26 mph

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2010
2:42 PM

Post #7684790

Ric: I am ROFLOL at myself (not to mention, somewhat embarrassed)! I went back and looked at your photo again and it is plain as day--I was just looking at it wrong!

Crissy pretty well described what it is like in our area--yellow pollen everywhere! I managed to get the yard mowed in spite of the pollen, though. The wind wasn't too bad this morning but it has really picked up this afternoon. After mowing, I came inside and cleaned up and I haven't been back outside since, except to take a couple of pics of the flowerbeds.

Hopefully, we will get some relief from all this pollen after it rains tomorrow. I am hoping they are correct about having rain in the forecast!

My Eveline Veronica is blooming. It was so bright outside when I took this picture that the color of the blooms was washed out, but you'll get the idea.

Thumbnail by marsue

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 6, 2010
3:54 PM

Post #7684941

Your veronica looks like the hedge-nettle that grows here.

Here is an article on mountain lions in the Santa Monica Mountains. http://www.dailynews.com/search/ci_14819737?IADID=Search-www.dailynews.com-www.dailynews.com
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2010
5:11 PM

Post #7685124

High in the mid 70s and now at 74 with super high humidity. Major storms north of Missouri river but nothing here yet. Storms moving northeast.

Had major ant infestation in my room again. Had to spray baseboard this time to kill them along with a few other things. Now my room smells like cloves and bug spray. Yuck!! lol

Got my truck back tonight!! So far so good!!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2010
5:13 PM

Post #7685129

Interesting article, Kelli. Thanks for posting that link. It must be comforting to you to know that you are 1000 times more likely to be struck by lightning than you are to be attacked by a mountain lion! :o))
On another subject, the Mead's Strain amaryllis and the iris you sent me are both doing well. I'm eager for both of them to bloom.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2010
5:15 PM

Post #7685139

We crossed, Pepper. Sorry about the ants in your room--and the smell! Glad you got your truck back!

Ric: take a look at this (look closely): Big Dipper made it through the winter! I was beginning to worry but then I found these two pups this afternoon poking up from the mulch! Hooray!

Thumbnail by marsue

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2010
5:18 PM

Post #7685147

My ee's are still in the basement. I need to get them outside. lol.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2010
5:20 PM

Post #7685151

Those two Big Dippers were in the ground all winter--I was worried they would not survive, but they did. I had some ee's in pots in the storage shed. They don't look as if they survived but I am not giving up on them yet.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2010
6:36 PM

Post #7685337

75 F now...84 F and sunny earlier today! Everything is busting out here. If we get a freeze we'll be hurting. Barely a trace of rain either, although they have called for it several times the past few days. Expecting at least 80 F tomorrow.

marsue...It's always nice when they pop back up in the spring. It looks like all of the gallon pots I didn't get planted last fall over-wintered well. I covered them with leaves and hoped for the best.

Kelli...I found that the best way to keep safe in mountain lion country is to tie a pork-chop to my buddies backpack!

Ric...the shed is looking good.

Photo: Dressed up the sitting garden with these copper post caps I found at HD on clearance for a $1 apiece.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 6, 2010
6:41 PM

Post #7685350

[quote="Early_Bloomer"]
Kelli...I found that the best way to keep safe in mountain lion country is to tie a pork-chop to my buddies backpack! [/quote]

ROFLOL!!!

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 6, 2010
6:59 PM

Post #7685404

Note to self: Don't be E_B's buddy!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2010
7:07 PM

Post #7685425

Thanks e_b and all.
We'll have it mostly sheathed by tomorrow afternoon.
We need 5 sheets of OSB to finish... can only carry 3 at a time in the car...lol!

But the roof will definitely be tight tomorrow.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2010
7:08 PM

Post #7685427

Kelli...I always carried a water filter when I was backpacking but some of the other guys didn't. One guy in particular was really bad. I actually saw him fill his canteen from a puddle in an elk wallow. He never got sick! He carried powdered Country Time Lemonade with him and always added some to his water. Said it killed anything! Used to joke that he would be their spokesman someday.
He's the guy I always hung the pork-chop on! It worked for bears too!

early_bloomer
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 6, 2010
7:11 PM

Post #7685438

And remember when hiking in bear or ML country w/ friends ...
You don't have to be the fastest runner...
just not the slowest...
tripping is considered well w/in the rules

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2010
8:33 PM

Post #7685673

Looking great, Ric!!!

Two guys were walking through the African wilderness. One guy said, "If a lion attacked us, do you think you could run faster than him?" The second man said, "I don't have to run faster than the lion. I just have to run faster than you."

Sorry I'm not commenting on every post. I looked through them all.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 6, 2010
8:45 PM

Post #7685697

36*F~sunny and bright at 7:30pm. Snowed a bit today and was foggy as well.
Marylyn~thanks for the new thread-
kelli~we do have a metal roof, but it seldom rains hard enough to notice. We put metal roof on two years ago, mainly for fire prevention. Glad the earthquake wasn't too bad. Things are on the move; our volcano, Mt. Redoubt, is once again rumbling.
It's not at the level of Rann's, in Iceland.
bp~Not a fan of worms, either:))
E_B~beautiful copper tops.
ric~you are making quick work of the new shed. Very nice.
I read with great interest the weather/storms in that part of the country, more so now with a grandson in Mason, Iowa.
ledge~interesting/same type woods/trees.
hi to all I've missed~keep safe.
On a nearby lake-Easter Sunday.
My grandson, his wife, and my DH.
My grandson and wife are moving out of Alaska and down to Seattle area on Friday:((Their belongings/car will be barged down and they will fly out).

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 6, 2010
8:46 PM

Post #7685698

too funny, kwanjin:))
Love your photo.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2010
8:49 PM

Post #7685704

I love that pic of the 3 of them.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2010
5:16 AM

Post #7686040

I stayed in bed toll 6:00 am. I mowed and weeded all day and guess I was tired.

52 and calm. Storms to the north and south of us last night, almost all with tornado warnings, but they all slid northwest of us. I was glad. The little alert radio was going off every 20 minutes with a new warning for them.

Today, cloudy with a chance of light rain and a high of 51 and 15 - 25 mph wind with gusts up to 30 mph. Well, where did yesterday go?

Sunfarm, glad the worst passed you, but no rain makes a person worry.

Marsue, ditto on the ''yay worms!''

Ric, my weather must be your weather coming.

Bernie, our morning temps aren't too far a part.

Celia, waiting for warm weather when it's so close is so hard. Fantastic picture of the cherry bloom!! That is amazing detail!

Chrissy, I can't imagine that much pollen. So sorry for Dave. Maybe a good rain will wash it down.

Marylyn, there's something powerful about conquering a tree and damming up a trickle of water :o)

Kelli, smell or not, the laurel is beautiful Yeah, love those old iris!

Marsue, the veronica is still very pretty. I love knowing the real names of plants. I've considered it, but never got it. I love the big leaves too!

Kelly, that's interesting. I find yourself rooting for him even tho he killed. I hope they all continue to just kill deer.

Pepper, great news about the truck! So glad it wasn't a major problem! DH sprayed big carpenter ants under the house the other day. We would have never known they were there if he hadn't been shimming a squeaky floor.

Early, I hope you get some rain too. ROTFL!!! The caps are beautiful and both colors compliment each other! They'll catch your eye for years to come! You have one tough friend. He's just begging to be ''chopped'' :o)

Ric, it's always a relief to get the roof on! It's a great shed and at least you'll have a window! ROTFL&L! Does anyone hike with you guys anymore, LOL!!

Celia, there is a sun behind the clouds, just keep repeating that.

Kiska! giggling over the worms! Everyone looks great standing in the snow! At least Washington isn't too far away.

Celia, don't look.

(I Mowed)

Thumbnail by billyporter

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 7, 2010
5:24 AM

Post #7686056

Sunny, 35, wind from north.
Going to install trim in a house today. All reconditioned original woodwork.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2010
6:09 AM

Post #7686150

Well the good thing about hiking in this area is there actually aren't any animals to worry about.
The occasional wild squirrel, who while fearsome opponents, I think we could take.
Snakes? Raised them for decades. Not on my or Robyn's list of worries.

bp many times your weather is ours about 36 hours later.
Pepper's we get about 24 hours later.
(Glad your truck is better Pep!)

We're going from 67 (our High should be 61) as a low to 37 by Friday morning.
There will be some action I'd say.

Windy for sure last night.
The trees were Howling a few times when we were in the HT.

Supposed to be 80 today! Off to get lumber.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2010
6:34 AM

Post #7686198

EB: I am ROFLOL at the pork chop on the back remark! The copper post caps certainly dress up your sitting area and what a bargain!

Sally: you mowed! I did, too! and I realized that I wasn't huffing and puffing like I did last year so it must be good for me! LOL

Kiska: did your DGS get a better job in Seattle? I know you will miss them. Great photo!

Today
Breezy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 15 to 20 mph...with gusts to around 30 mph. The chance of precipitation 40 percent in the morning... increasing to 70 percent in the afternoon. Average rainfall 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Tonight
A chance of showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening...then a slight chance of showers after midnight. Some thunderstorms may be severe in the evening. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening...becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight. The chance of precipitation 70 percent in the evening...decreasing to 20 percent after midnight. Average rainfall 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Clematis bud

Thumbnail by marsue

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2010
8:12 AM

Post #7686462

Okay, folks. No need to worry about me being depressed anymore. The bad stuff is outta here! Yea! It's sunny and warming nicely outside.

34.6 F with 49 for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 35 F
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 19 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.42 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 5000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

This has been cross the street for about a month under a tarp. Much discussion has been going around our house about what it was. Now, we know. And it's going away! Yea.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2010
9:52 AM

Post #7686739

Bernie, that's a job you can appreciate.

Ric, what snakes did you raise? I can see my that weather, to reach you, has to head south-eastish and Pepper's north-eastish. Interesting.

Marsue, that's great! You are in good shape! Your clematis is close to blooming!

Celia, I'm glad!! Laughing at your mystery car! The guy we bought the south lot from worked on race cars for the short time he lived here. Now the guy across the street does. Neither one was/is a problem.

It's raining. It's cold and it's 50.

Bluebells

Thumbnail by billyporter

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 7, 2010
9:58 AM

Post #7686747

Pepper - Yay! Truck is back! Boo! Ants in the house. We have a ton of ants outside and they usually stay outside except for once in a while in really dry weather they will come to the kitchen sink or bathroom looking for water.

Marilyn, that is interesting to see a picture of "my" plants in your yard.

Regarding the metal roof - it can't be any louder than the metal awnings on the back of our house above the bedroom windows. That isn't bad, and it's not like it rains here anyways.

The dangerous or unpleasant thing most likely to be encountered in the Santa Monica Mountains is poison oak, then sunburn, then ticks. Then there's stuff like blisters, twisted ankles, and heatstroke. Trails usually avoid the cacti, though yucca leaves might get you. There isn't enough cover for surreptitious marijuana farms. You don't have gang activity and drive-bys in the SMM. Less than once a year I see a rattlesnake. I have never seen feral dogs. Rabid animals are always a possibility, though I've not seen any in the SMM. You'd have to really be inept to drown. As usual in the modern world, I'm more likely to be involved in a car accident going to or from than have anything happen to me there.

One time there was a show on t.v. about prehistoric mammals. They had computer generated animals against a real background. The background was filmed in the SMM. We recognized the exact location. It was strange to think that those critters lived around here, but they did. In all likelihood, some of them would have walked right across the ground that is now our yard. They're neat animals, but I am glad that I don't have to worry about encountering short-faced bears and saber-toothed cats when I'm out.

Any idea why it is called TX mountain laurel? It doesn't look anything like "real" moutain laurel. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1201/ I love regular mtn. laurel, too, but it is probably too alkaline here for it, and maybe too unhumid.

Yay, Celia's neighborhood gets cleaned up!

Very windy today

West Simi Valley, Simi Valley, California (PWS)
Updated: 9:25 AM PDT on April 07, 2010
67.1 F
Clear
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 22 F
Wind: 25.0 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 42.0 mph

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2010
10:05 AM

Post #7686758

Here's the warning weather around here... And Rusty woke me up around 2 am and JuJu seem not scared yet of the lightning hit and raining pour in my garden that I has used rotortiller before so it full muddy puddles now it make good soak! I have use more raised bed next one that where I plant the peach tree last spring year ago and it "Red Haven" got blooming last week that windy blew pretty hard on Easter Day... So it was leaves growing out after blooming I hope it will get peaches this year...

I have potatoes to plant sooner it sitting in my attached garage to keep cold and it grow very slowly roots coming out now and I have to plant shallot sooner too...

I'm in bad shape cause of the weather make me sore of my hips... and stay inside for while to keep warm again cause this night will be cold to 39*... I plant until it warm day I will plant in my plastic storage box for potatoes for test it... And I have shallot plant in beds sooner today later on...

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=sgf&wwa=hazardous%20weather%20outlook

This message was edited Apr 7, 2010 12:05 PM
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 7, 2010
10:23 AM

Post #7686787

I've wondered, too, Kelli, cuz the "Texas Mountain Laurel" (http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55062/) really does look nothing like regular Mountain Laurel, and isn't even related. It's a prettier name than "Mescal Bean", though. LOL

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2010
10:30 AM

Post #7686799

Kelli, you always make me smile!

Rusty, you've been busy. It's so nice to turn the garden and get that soaking rain! I hope you get peaches too. There's no better taste, and nothing more touchy than a peach tree. Luckily anything that needs planting can wait a bit. My Dad put potatoes and onions in already. Now we're getting rain again. I hope your hips feel better. Stay in and stay safe from the weather!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2010
11:00 AM

Post #7686877

Thanks for the links everyone! Dang I don't know how in the world I get so far behind, other than just working too hard and not taking any time for myself, but since I'm not self employed I don't have much choice, so oh well!

LOOOOOOOOK at the pics here!! I don't have time to post them individually, besides it takes up too much room.

http://picasaweb.google.com/christinepix/20100404#

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2010
11:06 AM

Post #7686893

Chrissy, that was a fabulous slideshow! Everything you planted looks great and I love your forest!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2010
4:04 PM

Post #7687545

Celia: now that car surely must be a dirt track street stock race car and how do I know that, you ask? For several years back in the 90's Pau entered his second teen-hood and decided he just had to be a race car driver so off we went to the dirt track every week-end, car in tow. Of course,he wouldn't stoop to driving street stock, no indeed--he had to have the best: a late model. He nearly killed himself in '97 in a terrible wreck which gave him a bad head injury. Although he kept working til the end of 2005, he was never the same and I think the resulting problems from the head injury are what eventually caused his brain hemorrhage. Of course, that is my own personal opinion--I'm certainly not a doctor. Well, I digress so on to more pleasant things. :o))

Speaking of April showers, we had our share of them today but they were needed. I had to drive to Conway today and on the way over there the air was practically yellow from the oak and pine pollen. It was as if it was raining pollen! I heard on the tv tonight that yesterday was the single worst day for pollen that we have had here in Arkansas since 2001. I can certainly believe it! The rain surely has helped to wash the pollen out of the air. Our temps are about 15 degrees cooler than they were yesterday, too. Tomorrow our high is forecast to be 67F which is more like it for this time of year.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 7, 2010
6:08 PM

Post #7687890

It's been snowing lightly today. Up to 33*F and it's probably today's high. It's nearly 5pm.
Had a quake of 4.6, but felt much stronger as it was centered 20 miles from here. A big jolt; noise and movement.
bp~in a strange way, you're right. Washington State is about 1,500 air miles from here; just over a 3 hour flight, so it seems closer.
The drive out takes a few days, a passport, and travel through Canada.
Reading of worms and such gives makes me shudder:)) The worms we do have are only in the garden. No snakes here.
rusty~hope you'll be better soon. Sounds painful w/hip problems.
marsue~my grandson plans to transfer to Sears down there. He and his wife plan to share work and college years. Not sure who will go to college first at this time. I'm sure you do wonder if the accident had some affect later on-so sorry~
kelli~interesting to see the place where a movie was made and to be familiar w/it as well.
CG~did it go well?
Marylyn~it does sound much better than the name you mentioned. Are you settled in w/new floor/paint now?
have a good evening~tomorrow AM we will be getting grandson's vehicle loaded on a container barge in Anchorage. It takes about 3 days to reach Port of Tacoma.
Large, thick chunks of ice are beginning to break off the river bank.

Thumbnail by kiska

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 7, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7687904

High of around 60*. Mostly sunny but very windy...again. lol. Severe thunderstorms moved into the area around 3pm but went north so we missed it all.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get my shovel out again and start hand tilling my garden some more. At this rate it's not gonna get done!! LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2010
7:04 PM

Post #7688051

Sally I've raised and bred... Hognosed Snakes, Kingsnakes, Corn Snakes and Garter Snakes.
Raised Ball Pythons and Red Tailed Boas.
Caught both Eastern and Western Diamondbacks and Copperheads in the venomous snakes.
Used for snake 'milking'.
Dozens of other types in the 'safe' style...lol!

Rain is moving in.
No real warnings or watches... yet
Still 69 at 10PM.

Well the Shed is rain ready! Barely.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

2gmk
Kansas City, MO

April 7, 2010
11:08 PM

Post #7688479

Heavy rain and some hail yesterday. High 60 today with heavy rain and nickel size hail. Low around 38 tonight. I am in north side of KC

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 8, 2010
3:55 AM

Post #7688573

Barely 40 and I can see my breath. We got about an inch of rain yesterday and it lasted most of the day! Thunder kept rumbling and it was wonderful to hear! But, now it's going to be windy and cold all day. Just in the 50's. Brrr. April will go thru her phase and May will bring all the flowers I've been waiting for!

Marsue, that's so sad. He enjoyed himself in spite of everything and that's what we want out of life. I'm glad you are getting rain too. The flowers are going to be gorgeous this year for all of us!

Kiska, that is scary. Is that enough to knock over a picture frame or anything? Long ago, when I joined Dave's, someone was marking us on a map if we asked. Sometimes it would be nice to know just where we are, from each other. (Her map got pretty full :o) The crow sure knows best. :o) Flying is quicker, but too expensive. Laughing, you're in luck. I don't do snakes! I'll photograph one if I see it, but we don't even see garters anymore. I would love to listen to the ice break and the river come back.

Pepper, I don't have a tiller, but I'm getting old enough to ask for one. I turned one side of the garden already, but the inch of rain says no to the other side.

Ric, that is quite an assortment of snakes. Did you take them somewhere to have them milked, or just refering to them as venomous. Did you catch them with the hook and where did you catch all of them? I love to watch a snake. I'm not into picking them up, but I'd touch one if someone else held the head, LOL! I'll get close as long as it doesn't rattle. We have bull snakes once in a great while. The shed is coming right along!

2gmk, I'm glad our hail the other day we pea sized. Usually it's marble sized. We just rarely get large hail.

My re-done rock garden is sparse, but better than being overgrown!

Thumbnail by billyporter

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 8, 2010
4:38 AM

Post #7688614

29 a t 5 AM
6:20 AM Sun is rising to a clear sky.
Looking for 60's today.

Use Google maps, you can find anybody. Nichols, IA is 22 miles south-southeast of Iowa City, IA.
Billy, do you live in that quaint little town or in the countryside ?

Ric, among other things is a snake charmer ?
Nice work on the shed.

Pepper, if I was closer I would bring "Old Reliable" over & shorten up your garden preparation.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/426150/

Back to work on the trim project. Spent most of the day sorting out pieces. We had to make some new fillers to add height to the casing. New doorways are higher than originals. No 2 pieces of the part that goes above the openings are the same size. They vary nearly ". All pieces were marked as they were taken off, but a lot of doorways were changed or new or eliminated.

Bernie

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 8, 2010
5:09 AM

Post #7688661

Bernie, I live in town. Right on the northwest edge. I grew up straight down the highway on the south end. But we wern't the southern most end. Dad's big barn still stands. I've lived here my whole, almost 53 years. I used to know everyone. Now I'm the middle age and my Dad is the elder. I'm right on the Google Earth GIS track. Just follow Main Street.

Bernie, I've watched them recreate old trim on ''This Old House'' and it's amazing. You have my utmost admiration for matching it instead of putting up newer pieces. It's a labor of love! That thread was just what I needed. I bumped it because I want a good tiller and good advice from people I know.

Have a nice day all.

I know some of you grounded Dyson, but did you take away computer privleges too? LOL!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 8, 2010
6:52 AM

Post #7688841

I am going to spend the day outside today. It's too nice to pass up! LOL

33.2 F with 61 for the high.
Clear
Windchill: 33 F
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 21 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.18 in (Falling)
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 8, 2010
7:28 AM

Post #7688939

I was young and dumb.
Went to the Rattlesnake Roundup in TX.
Hooked and bagged them.
The event milked and moved most of them to less urban locations.
Some though were eaten.

Caught a few Eastern's near here. Park situation.
They and the Copperheads I gave to the Zoo.
Snakes don't bother me at all. Never have.
Now the Alligator Snapping Turtle we caught...THAT was dicey!
Totally NOT prepared to find a 45 pounder around here.
For the record Water Moc's and Corals I have nothing to do w/.
First is way too agressive... I almost got hit in FL while fishing in a boat.
Second is a death sentence waiting to happen.
They feed the snakes at the Zoo here on Weds.
We have gone several times to watch.

Sun appears to be trying to peek ut...lol!

Ric
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 8, 2010
7:39 AM

Post #7688972

Poor Isis! it's a hard life! LOL finally, Celia, you get a day to work outside! :o))
Bernie, anytime you have some spare time (ha-ha) you can bring your DW and the Troybilt tiller and come on down here. I need a new flowerbed! LOL
Sally: the rock garden is looking good! What are those plants on the outer circle between the rocks?
Kiska: snow does not compute! LOL
Ric: you are a man of many talents but really--a snake charmer? Now that is taking things too far!!! LOL
Rusty: hope you get those peaches!

After the rain washed away all that yellow dust (aka pollen) out of the air yesterday, today has dawned lovely and clear and cooler. Our high today will be in the upper 60's. It's a lovely day in our neighborhood and I will be outside making that new flower bed--like Pepper I will be hand tilling. (where's Bernie?). I just now received my order of milkweed plugs from Donna Vincent (www.vincentgardens.com) and I need to get them in the ground. I am going to try my hand at attracting Monarch butterflies and raising Monarch cats and the milkweed is their host plant.

You all have a good day!
kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 8, 2010
7:48 AM

Post #7688998

25*F~highs to high 30's/low 40's.
Light snow has stopped sometime during the night.
ric~growing up, in Calif, I was around snakes and my mom would pick them up and show me. Could never touch one-then, an incident brought about a phobia that remains today. I've made progress by just typing the word:)) The shed looks good.
bp~I googled your area as I wanted to see how close you are to where my 2nd oldest grandson is, in Mason, Iowa. He will be back here for the summer, but does like it down there, too. It's very expensive to fly out of Alaska, but taking the time/expense to drive out makes it impractical. 3 long hard days drive gets us to Prince George, BC< Canada. Another very long day puts us in Seattle. Flying out tomorrow will be our grandson/wife. We get Alaska Airline miles with bankcard and it really helps.
The quake was strong, but no damage. Your rock garden looks great. A foot of snow remains in our yard; keeps yard work to a minimum:))
CG~wonderful skill you have/developed.
2gmk~what an awsome sounding hail storm-
kwanjin~love that cute pic~
good morning to all~
This sugar egg was made for me in 1964-I set it out for a day or two each Easter.

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 8, 2010
7:49 AM

Post #7689003

hi marsue~what fun to have your own butterflies. Sounds like a good day you've planned.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 8, 2010
10:00 AM

Post #7689444

Yayyy, fresh air for Celia! Isis says she's pretty comfy. I can almost hear a snore :o)

Ric, now that is an adventure! It's great to have venom at the hospitols. Years ago a guy just outside of town was in the barn reaching up for something and a rattler got him. He's now a paramedic. It's funny. He's only a couple of farms over from my Grandpa's and we were in the timber all the time. Never saw a snake and I was a great one for turning over rocks, logs and such, looking for ... whatever. Never brought home a hornets nest, but saw one high in the trees. Wow, an alligator turtle. The neighbor traps snappers for home use and later has ''turtle frys'' for his friends. He's had some pretty big ones. Turtles have my respect too. Anything left over from the dinosaurs interests me. I was always drawn to the snake cages. Still am.

Marsue, I have ladys mantle on the very outer edge. Then a ring of small purple border iris. Next are the varigated pallidas that smell like grape koolaid, and intermediate yellow iris that rebloom in the fall.. Next ring are the small purple border iris and grape hyacinth. Center is red coral bells. I'm filling it in slow, so I have things that stay small and don't need a lot of dividing. The rocks came from my childhood neighbor who died. When the house was up for sale, I took them as a reminder of him. He was like a grandpa. The people who bought the place stripped out all the hedges he used to trim with an electric trimmer. They tore everything out. Even his gorgeous deep purple iris. Now you guys have me reminiscing the good old days :o) I'm sure you'll have good luck with the butterflies!

Kiska, you just weren't meant to be a bug person and that's ok. You make us smile when we present one and it's all in good fun because we like you! We aren't too far from your grandson. About a 4 hour drive. I always used to wonder how people managed to move so far from home. I'm seeing how. At least there are phones :o) I'm glad the quake didn't do anything to your house. You can always widen the paths each day till enough sun hits the ground and warms it up :o)

Your egg is a real treasure. It's so beautiful! What a wonderful way to enjoy it and keep it safe the rest of the time.

Well, I enjoyed going down memory lane today. Makes me yearn to get on my trike and ride.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 8, 2010
12:15 PM

Post #7689729

Snake handler not Charmer... those guys are NUTS!
Corn snakes are my favorites.
The southern varieties are gorgeous!

As I said I don't mess w/ the venomous ones any more unless absolutely necessary.
Most USA snakes can't kill you unless you are at risk medically.
But I know too many people missing digits...
They can though pack a mean punch.
Coral Snakes are a whole different animal. Dangerous but rarely bite.
If you live down south learn the difference between them and king snakes.
"Red on yellow- kill a fellow,
Red on black- venom lack"

Sun has finally come out.
We just got back from Tractor Supply.
The chicks are in... noisy little buggers! LOL!

Ric
ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 8, 2010
1:32 PM

Post #7689883

You miss a day or two and you really miss a lot here! Had the studded tires taken off yesterday, so it will probably snow here with in the week. Thunder and lightening here yesterday between 4 and 5 a.m. (not to common here as the cold ocean sucks the life out of thunderstorms.)

Cloudy and dreary here
52 F
Overcast
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 36 F
Wind: 8 mph from the East

Pressure: 29.89 in (Steady)
The tomato seedlings need repotting into something bigger.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 8, 2010
2:29 PM

Post #7690015

Hot and dry but not windy

Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on April 08, 2010
80 F
Clear
Humidity: 16%
Dew Point: 30 F
Wind: 4 mph Variable

The bees are trying to build a hive in the compost bin. This is almost an annual event. They go away if I leave the lid off.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 8, 2010
2:32 PM

Post #7690017

60 - Raining - not to worry, feeling much much better - did some repair on the shed roof and after the storm we shall see how much leakage was stopped.

All in all - everything good. Please all take care.
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 8, 2010
3:08 PM

Post #7690085

Hell friends... I hope those of you that had snow are getting better temps... if it's any consolation Texas is in the 80's!! I hear that whatever Texas gets the rest of the country will get it a few days later!!!!! hahahaha... We can ony hope this is true!!! ( at least in the good weather part!!!).
I did 4 hours of gardening today & was so happy to notice that my two iris' are FINALLY going to bloom for the first time since planting them almost three years ago!!!
I saw two butterflies.. not sure excatly but they were orange & one was large so I am presuming it's a Monarch & the other was small so my guess is a Gulf Fratillery.. since they are due about now.
My goal again is to attract the butterflies & hummingbirds & now I am going to add the honey bees..seeing as they are also in danger as is the Monarch.
So.. I guess you've guessed that the weather here today is beautiful.. in the 80's, sunny with some cloud.. the wind has died down considerably since yesterday.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 8, 2010
5:21 PM

Post #7690434

Still shipping water in the shed - supposed to stop raining by midnight and will try more drastic waterproofing methods tomorrow.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 8, 2010
5:34 PM

Post #7690462

Kiska: that's amazing that you have been able to keep that egg for so many years. Do you keep it in your freezer?
BP: I wondered where you got those rocks--I like the way they are shaped. It's too bad you weren't able to get some of the iris from his yard. What a shame that they were all disposed of! :o((
Ric: I knew there was a rhyme for telling which is a coral snake and which is a king snake but I can never remember it. I wouldn't be getting close enough to tell--at least not on purpose!!
Dyson: so glad you are feeling better!
Ledge: missing just one day around here makes one way behind. We are a chatty bunch! LOL Funny about the tires and "probably will snow".
Kelli: just think! if you let the bees stay, you could have fresh honey! LOL
"hello" cindy! LOL I know that was a typo! Lucky you to have butterflies so early--I haven't seen any yet but I did hear a bee buzzing around the pear tree when it was in bloom. I couldn't see it so I don't know if it was a honeybee or not. Congrats on your iris blooming!

It was a beautiful day here, too. It was a little windy but nothing compared to yesterday. Sun was shining all day but I was working in my new shade bed so the sun didn't bother me. It was very pleasant and I was outside literally all day except for my lunch break. I am tired but it is a "good tired". I plan to be outside all day tomorrow too. Lots of weeding to do and I haven't even gotten to the flowerbeds in front yet!

I got my milkweed plugs into pots. The directions said to put them into pots for a while and let them recover from the shock of mailing. When they start growing, I will put them in the ground.

Supper is calling so I'm out of here. You folks have a good evening!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 8, 2010
6:00 PM

Post #7690533

Sunny and windy with a high of 60.

They had hoped to put the greenhouse up at work today but the wind hasn't let up this week so hopefully next week it goes up. My plants keep drying out in the wind and some of them look horrible. I also got some new plants in today and I swear my customers have a sense for them cause they just come in droves when I get a shipment in!! I had several people wanting to buy some of my new stuff but we didn't have them in the system yet and I didn't have a clue what the prices were gonna be. Some of them weren't too happy. lol. I told them come back tomorrow and it will be done. Hopefully they do!!

Bernie, Old Reliable, your wife and you are more than welcome to come down!! But if my dad is home you won't get any tilling done cause you'll be too busy talking shop. LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 8, 2010
7:48 PM

Post #7690758

Kiska I meant to comment on the egg!
Amazing it's lasted this long.
I love them!

Kelli I wish we could keep bees here.
Our neighbor is violently allergic.
Well out TS purchase has arrived.
Couldn't fit in in our car so Jon picked it up for us on his way home.
It will be the focus of our next project.
Probably in May... but who knows... lol!

Dyson I feel for you!
Those stubborn leaks are a bear to fix.

Cool and 49 currently.
Should go down to about 40 overnight.
Tomorrow partly cloudy and 58

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 8, 2010
9:28 PM

Post #7690934

Eeeeeek, Kelli! I have the same composter. I better keep a better eye on it. I haven't been out there in a few days. I'm sure the bees are not out yet but...

Good luck on the leak, Dyson. Glad you're feeling much better, too.

Hi, Cindy!!! (waving)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 9, 2010
3:20 AM

Post #7691159

Dyson: good luck with waterproofing your shed.
Pepper: your customers must have plant antennae that are tuned in to the arrival of your new plants! LOL
Ric: what pretty little blue flowers!~ Is that a "Dead Nettle". Charlotte just gave me one and the leaves look like that. Funny name for it because it isn't dead and it isn't a nettle. :P

My DGS, Zach, age 9, is here with his dad and me for the week-end since last night. He just woke up (4:45 a.m.) and came into my bedroom and said his nose was stopped up. I sprayed a nasal spray into each of his nostrils and put him back to bed. Hopefully he will go back to sleep until time for me to get him up for school at 6:30. Even though his dad is in the other bedroom, Zach always comes to me whenever he first wakes up in the morning. He gets in my lap and snuggles for a while until he remembers he is nine and nine year old boys aren't supposed to snuggle like "babies" !!! LOL (I was already awake so he really didn't wake me up.)

Today: Sunny, with a high near 71. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 43. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Somebody either here or on Cubits said they couldn't imagine what it was like to have so much pollen in the air. This is what it looks like after it settles on everything outside. I don't know if you will be able to tell from the photo that it is yellow--it mainly just looks like dust in the picture but, believe me, it is yellow!

Thumbnail by marsue

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
3:21 AM

Post #7691160

45 the rain has stopped - but it is too dark to do anything yet.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2010
4:03 AM

Post #7691189

33. We'll see some sun and 60. It's got to feel better than yesterday!

Ric, it was interesting to learn a little about snakes. Don't ya just love baby chicks?

Legde, laughing. If you wash the windows here, it rains! Your tomatoes sound like they're doing well. I have one that could be moved. It has a second leaf.

Oh Kelli! How neat to know the bees come every year! I saw a hive at a vacant house in the country. I couldn't believe how thick the air was with them coming and going. I decided then that having a hive in the yard here, wasn't a good idea.

Dyson, good to know you're feeling better. Don't overdo. You have time.

Cindylove, giggling, I love iris. It's so exciting to finally get to see a flower bloom! I'm planting for the bees and butterflies too. Especially after I noticed we didn't seem to have many of either, one year.

Dyson, I hope you can fix the leak. Our neighbor needs a whole new roof on hers and I wish she would get one on. Under the shed is a full basement with nice stairs to walk down.

Marsue, I wonder where he got the rocks from too. One looks like a hand grinder made from clay. I'll post a picture or two. I need to find them first. A good tired. I love that feeling. I'm glad you're able to get out and work. I understand what "Make hay while the sun shines" means" :o) Did you get the orange milkweed? I love the scent of the common. Plain color, but sweet scented.

Pepper, wind does do a plant in, but hopefully they'll come out of it. It looks like the whole world was waiting for spring this year. I don't know why. Our winter wasn't too cold or snowy, but spring fever was just there in January. They'll be back and they'll buy more!

Ric, beautiful sky blue color!

Celia, ROTFL! What are the chances of having the same composter! Neat picture! I can see purple in his feathers.

Marsue, I hope he enjoys snuggling for a long time. He sounds like a sweetie. I saw the pollen in the air on the news. I was amazingly horrifiied, LOL! It's unbelievable!

Smile.

It was windy yesterday.

Thumbnail by billyporter

sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 9, 2010
4:04 AM

Post #7691192

I didn't take any pictures, but I think there was as much pollen as moisture in my rain gauge! Down to 39 this morning and a freeze warning already posted for tomorrow. Yesterday's high of 60 was more than 20 degrees below the previous day, and we probably will not get even there today. Maybe I'd better take some pictures of blooming trees and shrubs today while they last.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 9, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #7691394

Tree Pollen is at record levels here too.
I have a shot somewhere where I wrote YELLOW on the car roof a few years back.
I don't usually have allergy problems but that pollen and something I ate for dinner caused hives and swelling in my lower jaw last night.
I looked like Jay Leno.
Antihistamine and ice took care of most of it overnight.
My Mother was allergic to about everything so I'm lucky... lol!

Sally THAT's windy! lol!

39 here this morning.
Heading for 58. Dead Calm and Clear.

Mau that's Brunnera macrophylla Jack Frost in the last post.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56830/

There's nothing in that shot to give you a sense of scale.

Here's regular Brunnera w/ Helleborus.
The Brunnera will eventually get a leaf about as big as my palm.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
7:35 AM

Post #7691700

Mau that's a perfect picture of the pollen. It doesn't seem to be so bad since it rained the other day, but it's still covering everything. LOL DGS way cute! Have a great time with them this weekend!

Pep we're supposed to have nice weather for at least a week here.

Hope you get your leaks fixed Dyson. That's very difficult to do.

Well I'm reading and it's not sinking in, so I guess I'll get more coffee and try to wake up! TGIF!!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
8:05 AM

Post #7691781

Pepper, their feathers do show a rainbow of colors. I love the crows. So smart.

38.9 F with 54 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 39 F
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 21 F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the NW
Wind Gust: 8.0 mph
Pressure: 30.07 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 9000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 11000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Pollen. Yuck!!!

This fellow was flying around for quite awhile yesterday. It's a trainer.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
8:43 AM

Post #7691893

That's awesome, and that blue blue sky!! Finally!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 9, 2010
12:50 PM

Post #7692452

Not sure of temps yet but it's pretty darn warm out there in the sun. Working on digging up my garden since it's too wet to till still. I get a couple rows done then come in and cool off for a bit. Pulling weeds and trying to identify plants too. I have what I think are lilies growing but not sure cause I don't remember planting them. LOL. One Jack in the Pulpit survived winter so I'm gonna see how much I like it then get me more. lol

Also went to Westlake Hardware today and got a "Pink Dawn" Viburnum for a friend's birthday on Monday. She loves pink and this will be perfect for her. The only one they had too or else I would have got one for me and figured out later where to put it. LOL
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
1:46 PM

Post #7692586

Weather today is again beautiful, sunny & warm with temps in the 70's..just the way I like it, but not that way it's going to be all year here!!!
Billyporter, I did my garden last year to attract butterflies & bees & hummingbirds & was successful in all three! Thanks to Sheila_FW for sending me tropicla milkweed seeds as they had Monarch caterpillars on them for a few days!!
SO this year I am at it again only doing a LOT more. I always had bees but mroe so last year as I let salvia , that had grown wild.overtake one part of the garden...so it was amass of honey bees..which are also in danger...
I got a REAL TREAT this morning... a hummingbird was at my new feeder!!!! Only it got scared away as I pulled up the blind.. & I don't know if it's the retunring one from the fall or not! Needless to say I did a little "happy dance"!!! hahahahaha
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
1:46 PM

Post #7692587

Weather today is again beautiful, sunny & warm with temps in the 70's..just the way I like it, but not that way it's going to be all year here!!!
Billyporter, I did my garden last year to attract butterflies & bees & hummingbirds & was successful in all three! Thanks to Sheila_FW for sending me tropicla milkweed seeds as they had Monarch caterpillars on them for a few days!!
SO this year I am at it again only doing a LOT more. I always had bees but mroe so last year as I let salvia , that had grown wild.overtake one part of the garden...so it was amass of honey bees..which are also in danger...
I got a REAL TREAT this morning... a hummingbird was at my new feeder!!!! Only it got scared away as I pulled up the blind.. & I don't know if it's the retunring one from the fall or not! Needless to say I did a little "happy dance"!!! hahahahaha

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
2:45 PM

Post #7692741

I didn't get to go out today, unless you count going to the bank. It got cold out there! Not freezing but enough I din't want to go.

Pepper, I want some lillies. Lillies and everything else! LOL

Yea, for you Cindy!!! I can't wait for my hummers to come back. We have at least a month to wait, though.

My niece, her mom and I are going to Vernal to visit with Crystal. She is having her baby shower. We are going to have fun, fun, fun!!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 9, 2010
3:30 PM

Post #7692825

Very warm here.
My son built a bigger outside place for our hens.
I started working on the new pond.
I must be really ambitious!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 9, 2010
3:32 PM

Post #7692830

Have fun at the baby shower, Celia! I'm sure you will be in "grandma heaven" looking at all those cute baby clothes and other baby things! :o))
Cindy: Hooray--you have a hummingbird!
BP: waves on the birdbath--now that is windy! LOL
Kelli: Speaking of bees, the local news just reported that there is a couple in Little Rock who knew they had bees in their attic for the last 5 or 6 years but they didn't do anything about it until this week when the honey started dripping through their ceiling!!! They called in a bee expert to get rid of the hive. He discovered a hive that was over 10 feet long and he estimated it had 90,000 bees in it! WOW!! I wonder how he got rid of all those bees?
Ric: that brunnera is a really neat-looking plant. Sorry about the hives although it would have been something to see you as Jay Leno!
Pepper: maybe your friend will share the vibernum with you once it gets bigger. :o))

The local news also reported that there was a 1.6 magnitude earthquake in the same general area where we had one a few days ago. The quake was centered in an area which is about 40 miles northwest of where I live. The New Madrid fault runs down into Arkansas from Missouri but that is in the eastern part of our state. The two recent 'quakes have been in the central portion of the state.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 9, 2010
4:06 PM

Post #7692927

Marilyn, your pollen picture looks just like here.

It feels hotter than 70F

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on April 09, 2010
70 F
Clear
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 48 F
Wind: 12 mph from the South

We went hiking today and it was pretty strenuous. I have sore feet and knees.

caterpillar phacelia

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 9, 2010
4:07 PM

Post #7692928

collarless California poppy

Thumbnail by Kelli

ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #7692933

Hi Everyone:

It is 50 here, with fog and a high wind warning for tonight. A hour or so ago there was a brief, about 10 minute torrential down pour. Not fit for man nor beast out there. Enjoying the fire in the wood stove. Snow in the western mountains this weekend - but not here - hopefully.

Not much in the way of pollen here yet - but when all the pine and other fir trees start putting it out everything gets covered in a yellow green powder.

Dyson - hope the roof got fixed.
Ric -driving home tonight I was listening to NPR and there was an interview with a man who milked poisonous snakes. He was 65 and said he was lucky - had been doing it for years. Thought of you.
Celia - happy baby shower!

Have a good Friday night everyone!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 9, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #7692936

chaparral virgins bower

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 9, 2010
4:11 PM

Post #7692938

We saw 7 different kinds of ferns. This one is California lace fern.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 9, 2010
4:11 PM

Post #7692939

ceanothus and virgins bower - The color of the sky is only slightly exaggerated.

This message was edited Apr 9, 2010 8:25 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

cuckoo4rblackbe
Savannah, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2010
5:42 PM

Post #7693173

The weather here in N.W. Missouri(Pony Express country!) is simply gorgeous today. It's green, many early spring flowers are blooming, and the sunset this evening is full of reds, oranges, and yellows combined! Mushrooms will be popping up soon along edges and in the timber and gardening will be in full swing. My apricots are blooming now and my many home orchard fruit trees will soon be blooming too. I hope to be outside a lot this weekend to enjoy it. Have a great weekend everyone.
Cuckoo
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 9, 2010
6:57 PM

Post #7693370

Kelli that looks like a tropical fern. Lovely!

From last year.

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #7693419

Wow, Mau!!! Hey, that rhymes. LOL I can't imagine that many bees in one place.

Welcome back, Cuckoo!

I think almost everything survived the cold weather. The tulips are coming along.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #7693428

Golden barbarry finally waking up. This is the only one I've had survive for me.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
7:27 PM

Post #7693432

The grass seems to be taking over my geranium! Eeek!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
7:29 PM

Post #7693438

Memorial garden coming along nicely.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #7693444

I like how this turning out.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
7:33 PM

Post #7693449

Anemones.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
7:35 PM

Post #7693455

I have to check if the dwarf bamboo died but the hellebores look great. The carex needs trimming.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2010
7:36 PM

Post #7693460

Spirea finally leafing out.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 9, 2010
8:37 PM

Post #7693577

Celia it looks as if things came through pretty well.
Let me know on the 'boo... if it didn't make it I can probably get you more.

Holding steady at 43 ... so far... lol!

Ready for the finishing touches on the Shed.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 10, 2010
2:21 AM

Post #7693744

Ric, great job! The shed looks great, congratulations! Will you paint it?
Celia, your garden is great!
Kelli, great pics!
Mau, that much pollen? Poor Zachary has allergy..ugh!
Sally, lovely bird fountain!
Jackie, such a beautiful family picture! Did they leave yesterday?Cool egg!
Crissy, your garden is awesome! Thanks for the pics!
I have been weeding and divided the strawberry bush yesterday, but I still have more to do. They are about 100 bushes!!! Imagine I had only 2 last year!
We had a few showers yesterday, but it was warm, 70F and a bit cloudy.
Here is the strawberry garden, still undivided.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 10, 2010
2:27 AM

Post #7693748

New thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1086698/

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 10, 2010
5:38 AM

Post #7693955

42 Cloudy, sun later.
Started on my pond yesterday. Waterfall will go where old pond & new pond will go just behind the pot, in front of the wishing well.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

cuckoo4rblackbe
Savannah, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 14, 2010
5:54 PM

Post #7706153

Sunny and gorgeous today in N.W. Missouri. It doesn't get any prettier than this. I wish I could clone days like this. Country Gardens looks like a great spring project you have going on there!!
Cuckoo
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

April 25, 2010
2:02 PM

Post #7736059

April showers...April 5th..

Thumbnail by evelyn_inthegarden

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 25, 2010
3:26 PM

Post #7736293

This message was edited Apr 25, 2010 5:29 PM
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #7742298

LOL forgot about the new thread

This message was edited Apr 27, 2010 12:37 PM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America