Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: A Black Garden: Lots of great black Colocasias

Communities > Forums > Article: A Black Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Black GardenReplies: 1, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
stella
Raleigh, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2010
7:42 AM

Post #7681145

In addition to the cultivar Midnight that you mentioned, there are any other great black Elephant Ears. The classics are Illustris, Black Beauty, Black Magic, and Black Runner. Newer ones include Coal Miner and Diamond Head. The latest releases feature a glossy black color instead of the normal matte finish. There is a good article from Plant Delights Nursery about Elephant ears in general that also talks about Black cultivars at http://www.colocasiaelephantear.com/
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2010
11:37 PM

Post #7683288

Hi Stella,
Good information. Thank you so much!

I hope you are enjoying a lovely spring. Now I'm going to take a long look at the link you sent.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Black Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good Luck podster 1 May 20, 2008 2:43 PM
Can't wait to see the end product!!! Bettypauze 12 May 26, 2008 12:51 PM
My first mistake... Sharran 12 Jan 10, 2009 1:40 AM
Lovely doccat5 1 May 20, 2008 4:15 PM
The glam goth garden! jojoringer 3 May 21, 2008 3:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America