Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Georgia Gardening: How much do you Pay a Gardener per hour?

Communities > Forums > Georgia Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Georgia GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 83
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DanceyTx
Midway, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 6, 2010
6:18 PM

Post #7685284

Due to my health every spring now I have a gardener come in and clean out the beds, weed eat, and haul fresh compost for all the beds. I have seven garden beds on our place. He also does pruning that I couldn't do myself. He is very good and is a very friendly young fellow. He and my husband enjoy talking. He charges $20 an hour and today said he would go down to $15. I was shocked. I didn't ask him to go down. I am especially pleased with his work.
Just wondering what everyone that uses a gardener pays?

Dancey
graceful_garden
Hahira, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 10, 2010
6:49 PM

Post #7695518

Honey - I would take a decent gardener for $20.00/hr, & $15.00 is even better!! We could get a LOT of work done! Maybe he, like many folks, is having a tough time right now, & just needs work. How refreshing that he actually WORKS, & does a good job, too - an unfortunate rarity these days! If you continue to be pleased with his work, I'd pay him the $20.00, if you can afford it - it may get you preferential treatment or consideration in the future!! Or, bake him something - those young guys love homemade goodies! (oh, and not-so-young-ones, too!) Samantha
carolyn_haack
Saint Petersburg, FL

April 10, 2010
6:52 PM

Post #7695533

The guys we hire from time to time only charge 15/hour, but we always pay them 20 anyway. They work their butts off for us, and are always available when we need them for a job, because they know we treat them well (we get them lunch too, Publix subs or something).

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Georgia Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Favorite Local Nursery? violabird 23 Apr 17, 2007 9:17 PM
Corn Gluten Meal SusanCalvert 10 Aug 11, 2009 7:40 PM
wild roses teateacher 11 Jun 1, 2007 4:31 PM
Grass out, Moss in soupcon 15 May 14, 2008 4:28 PM
powdery mildew remedies soupcon 4 May 31, 2007 3:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America