Who's going to Rita's this year Part 2

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I went ahead and started a new thread that other one was getting really long.

If anybody knows of someone who needs to be added to these lists, holler.

WE came from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1076926/#new

It's that time of year again. We need to start planning this trip.

Kim & I want to go the last week end in April.

What do you guys think about that date?

We always have such a grand time when we go here.

Ok, here's a list of who's coming Saturday 24th so far. I have ? by a couple of them, cause i'm not possitive if their coming or not

This is Saturday's list.

kathy_ann
Duckmother (kim)
Sandra
Judy (sandra's friend)
Terrye
marilyn
Bonnie
Kenny
Ruth & Lamar
Terry Lea
Melody
Charlotte
Sarah (charlottes friend)
Loretta Dawson (lorettad)
Sharon & Max Yearwood
Riverland (cindy) ?
Genna ?

Those coming friday
me
Kim
Sandra
Terrye
Ruth & Lamar
Bonnie
Kenny
Sharron & max
Cindy

Terry, can you make this a sticky?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Posted this as Kathy was starting the new thread - has nothing to do with going to Rita's but I wanted Terrye to see it :

"Terrye... I was working outside last night when I looked across the yard and thought I MUST be seeing things, but about a 100 yds away was the Kerria Japonica that you gave me and it has ONE single bloom on it. I was so excited I went to get the camera to take a picture of it... was going to post the pic last night but my internet was down AGAIN! I didn't expect it to bloom this year at all... "

And, no, I won't be able to go to Rita's,..... that is prom day here AND District track meet! Not sure how we are going to swing both of those but I KNOW I can't go to Tennessee too! :) Have to be here to get pics ....all three kids are going to prom!!
Wish I could..... maybe eventually I will have the chance to join in that venture.

Genna

Genna

Booneville, MS

Great, Genna, I'm glad it's blooming for you so soon. In a couple of years you should have a good sized shrub. They are very hardy. Mine are in full bloom right now.

Terrye

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Marilyn I drilled a few holes in the head then cut with my jigsaw. I bought the head last year and haven't seen any at our Hobby Lobby this year. Terry I hope you are able to find one somewhere because they are less expensive.
Terrye i am so sorry you broke your head pot but at least you have an intact face..

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We have a HL in Paducah...guess I'll have to take a look-see.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't know why they don't put holes in all planters that you are most likely to use outside. I had several I drilled holes into last year. They were all glazed on the outside and I thought they were pottery. Some turned out to be glazed clay. I just used a masonry bit and kept it wet. I managed to not break any of them. When I made my pot man, there were a couple of pots I needed to drill holes in on the side. I also used a masonry bit for that.

Olive Branch, MS

I went to Dabneys today and the Hostas looked great for those of you going there. I was doing good about not stopping by there because I knew when I did my my self control would be over. I ended up buying a few and could have kept buying, but managed to leave.

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Yeah --- and you left me a message not to go there, which I know good and well what that means.... that I need to take out a bank loan before I do go there. lol.

Ripley, MS

Oh goodness--a bank loan for Dabneys-then I surely need to stay away from there !

Oh no missy.. you are going.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I am certain that I would need to get a loan, too.

I was looking at my hostas today and guess who I spotted? T. Rex! One less that I need to find ;o)

Kim, I thought you got that one.

I did, but it did not do very well and I thought it was a goner...if it is not T. Rex, it must be Sagae, which I also lost last year, but I don't think it is. So, I will not be digging up yours again this year. LOL

Kenny bought two that I really want...Eye Declare and Eskimo Pie. I am certain that I will be able to find them on April 23 and/or April 24.

Olive Branch, MS

Along with a bunch more Kim. so bring the money. Depending what time we leave tomorrow we may go by Rita's and look around.

LOL I am certain of that, too, Kenny. "Look around"...are you certain that is all you will do? No buying? Hmmm...I don't know....

Hey Kim - when did Kenny get Eye Declare and Eskimo Pie ? Did he get those last year ?? Wow... you have a good memory.

I tell you, I had several that I thought I had lost last year and so far, every one of them have come up except 1 so far. I just knew those voles killed them when they had them for dinner. Hostas are incredibly hardy.

Olive Branch, MS

I got them yesterday Bonnie. I will call you if I find something interesting this weekend.

Ripley, MS

Bonnie--I think Kenny is cheating on you with Kim--she knew before you, I smell something rotten in Denmark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I do too, Sandra. Hmmmm.....

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Ohh always the last to know hmmmm Sandra don't you know it's tacky to gossip like that about Kenny. I'm sure he is innocent . Just look into his sweet cherub face. Never trust a man that drives a red truck . Giggle

Ripley, MS

Oh well, just call me tacky, I think Bonnie deserves an explanation of how Kim knew about Kenny Eye Declare and Eskimo Pie, before she did !!!!
That little Cherub has some "splainging to do" to Bonnie

You 2 are stirring that pot ! lol.
I am not jeolous, but will get even..hee heeeeee

Olive Branch, MS

Caught you!! I have not left for Nashville yet. Back off, just back off. I don't owe an explanation. Anyway Kim started it last fall at the RU by giving 4 of something. LOL I am gone now and will check back Sunday night. Be nice or else we will discuss this in 2 weeks in person.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

You know you can always forgive a man who comes bearing flowers, right?
Kenny, It was Sandra that is spreading rumors, not me. I would never do that. It's all Sandra's fault. I am truly
Your friend.

Ripley, MS

OH NO--I thought Kenny was gone to Nashville--QUICK--somebody tell me how I can blame this on Ruth, hurry help me think think think think----come on brain
There has to be a way we can put this off on her ????

Yes, we remember the 4 of something that Kim gave you--so to stay in good graces with Bonnie, you are going to blame Kim, and I am going to blame Ruth to stay in good with you, sounds like a plan to me

RUTH! You better jump in here...we are in trouble and we have not done a thaaang. The two of us are always innocent...hahahaha...boy that made me laugh. LOL

OMG Kenny! You have not used all 4 of those things by now? tisk tisk

You better watch out Sanrda or I will cheat with Judy too. ;o))

Ripley, MS

Why do you think I am trying to expose you now, Kim ?????????? A girl's gotta do what a girl has gotta do !

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Someone spoke up for that male kiwi vine I have growing, but I can't remember who it was. Was it you bonnie? if not, someone let me know so I can put a name on it this time, Poor thing's going to get dumped if I keep forgetting to get a name tag on it.

I decided to look back at our trip last year and see if I could find a picture of the loot that I brought home last year...we are such a fun and funny group! If you would like to review, here ya go http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/980249/

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Kim I loved reading that thread. Y'all are too funny. I missed it totally last year. I must have just had surgery.
Ruth sweetheart I've got your back and I won't let them mistreat you this year. Shame on those lowly peasants treating the Queen that way. I can't wait till next week. It is finally getting near time to pack up and go.

Ripley, MS

Yes, you were in the hospital, what a year it has been that has just passed.
God has blessed us all so much

Yes, you had, Cindy. I believe Sandra or Bonnie called you and then we all got to say hi. I am so glad that you will be able to join us this year!

It was me KA that needed the male kiwi.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

ok, Bonnie, I'll mark it as yours. tomorrow, if I don't forget LOL

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

LOL I'm here and THINKING I'm not surprised that Kenny has used all 4 of what Kim gave him, I knew he couldn't be trusted!!!!!

Ruth

Olive Branch, MS

Ruth I am saving one for you.
We went by Rita's Friday and things where looking nice. Bought a few things, but did not have room for much. Can't wait for the 24th to get here.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

I should have kept my big mouth shut, but I will never learn!!!!!!!

Ruth

Ripley, MS

LOL----Ruth, you asked for that one !!!!!!!!!!!
Good one Kenny !!!

At least Ruth is sounding like herself now. Good you are back with us ! Can't wait to see you guys next week.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.