Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities: Now I'm even happier...

Communities > Forums > Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualitiesReplies: 4, Views: 76
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 9, 2010
4:29 AM

Post #7691230

... that I brought back a comfrey from that plant swap! Great article! Mine is sending up green leaves also, and now I know some things I can do with them. I especially appreciated the info on being able to cut it back several times during the season, once established.

Thanks, Sally!
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 9, 2010
5:05 AM

Post #7691299

Thanks too, for the reference on using it as a liquid fertilizer. I had asked about that last year but no one had experience with it. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/921960/

I love my comfrey, using the dried leaves in the compost and I had read to use them as a liquid tea in one of my herbal books. Now, I will need to try that for sure. I'll just have to be careful when brewing the comfry fertilizer tea as I often find my pets sipping from the rain barrels or plant water.
Interesting article.

I hope you enjoy your comfrey plant for years to come.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
5:23 AM

Post #7691342

Good morning~~ and thanks for your responses. ^_^
c~~Wasn't that just last spring? The hunk I brought back here and gave no special care, I just divided a few weeks ago into three nice size pieces I replanted, and made three pots for further swapping ( momma bear, daddy bear and baby bear sized pots, the 'baby' being just some roots in hopes I can see them sprout)
podster-- you're quite welcome. I'm excited too, after reading from those who are comitted to using comfrey tea liquid.

This message was edited Apr 9, 2010 8:24 AM
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 9, 2010
6:39 AM

Post #7691546

yep, my comfrey came from Holly... didnt' do as well as yours last year, as I haven't divided it yet. :-)

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 9, 2010
6:59 AM

Post #7691593

From what I read, it's likely is doing better than you think and can never die! I might not have divided mine except that I was anxious to see how it did, becuase of the article . Lot of roots on that thing.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good info! Sundownr 2 Apr 14, 2010 6:28 AM
Handy for first aid, too! imapigeon 1 Apr 10, 2010 5:36 AM
regarding comfrey, cjvwm 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:47 AM
PROOF WAS IN THE PUDDING docgipe 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:42 AM
I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED docgipe 2 Apr 13, 2010 6:14 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America