Plant Swap- May 15, 2010 RU

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'm all ears....euhhh eyes. lol I'm watching ....

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL.... well, I don't have much to offer, but hopefully some things will begin to appear soon that can be shared. Right now, I have tons of Red and Yellow Marble 4:00 babies if anyone is interested and I my Mary Stokes crysantheum has multiplied by 10 fold or so it appears...... anyone need any of it? Not sure how to divide it but I will be willing to attempt it if anyone is interested. Have some seeds that I have meant to start - actually most were supposed to be winter sown but I never got that done!! ^_^ Going too many different directions! Maybe I can get some seeds going and have a little more to offer.

Genna

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

I am not going to be able to make it this year. I am working all weekend, and am off the first and last weeks in May. I may send some plants with someone if anyone will be passing through Hammond.

I have some Epi cuttings, and will (should) have some baby desert rose seedlings. I have no idea which color either will be. I also have some milkweed seedlings for the Monarchs. If anyone is interested and/or can bring my babies, I will post a list.

I'll miss you guys!

Jennifer (and Lilly)

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Jen I'm so sorry!!! You and Lilly both will be missed!!! I'm sure she is really growing!!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I too will miss you Jenn and your Flower (Lilly). It seems as if you're having a wonderful time with your busy family life and nuture one own garden... It's so kind of you to offer plants for those of us who's enjoying butterflies gardening. You're missed, and hopefully we'll get together again some other time.

I just wanted to add here, these wonderful plants that Jeri has given me in years past in one of our wonderful get together RU. It has brought lot of joy and a delight to see the plants are tough as nails. They survived our harsh winter and spreading. Thank you, Jeri. I love these variegated P. something, something (I can't remember its name).
Kim

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

LOL!!! Kim they are spreading nicely!!! I love them too!!! They are the variegated petasites. I got mine start from Brian Williams years ago now.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Sis, I so love your garden setting and missing seeing you. Jim keeps saying, maybe we can hold a Round Up next-- this Fall. I know what his motive was--to down size our tropicals collection. Hang on everyone, that may become a reality yet. He has been working feverishly since Easter Holiday to move all the plants out of the basement. This weekend he worked on the small pond we've. There are so much to be done, it's overwhelming sometimes.

Speaking of tropicals. Here is a Guava that was given to me by Em Lan. I'll so cherrish this plant since it reminds me of my childhood. Thank you, Em Lan. Oh the "Mickey Mouse Plant" is also doing great. They're putting out berries left and right.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - that varigated plant is pretty .... does it bloom? Doesn't look like something that would survive in my zone though.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Genna here is the PF on the plant and it really should do well in your area.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2758/

Ripley, MS

I am only looking for 2 plants and expect to buy them,
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/64772/
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/51675/

If you know of something I have and want a start, just ask. I am still not able to do a lot of digging, but can do a little.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok.. gals and guys...??...LOL.. here goes.. please don't be shy.. I need to unload my GH!

1 Lochroma........ ..........Sandra....OUT
3 NOID single Pink Brug....
2 Dr. Suess Brug.............Crissy....Terrye.....busybee...Genna.....OUT
2 First Belle Brug...........Sandi.......Genna....Karen.....OUT
2 NOID single Peach Brug
1 Autumn treasure Brug.............Sandi...OUT
4 NOID Double Peach Brug.......Crissy..... busybee......Genna....Jeri...OUT
10 NOID Brugs
2 Apple Mint... Sandra
2 English Ivy........... Terrye
2 Golden Moss Sedum........ Marilyn
3 Kong Rose Coleus........Marilyn.......Sandi.......Emily
3 Versa Crimson Coleus..............Marilyn.... Sandi
2 Althea NOID Double "rose colored".........
5 Confederate Rose Rubris Red...........Sandi..... busybee...............Marilyn....Kathy Ann....Genna
1 Confederate Rose NOID white to pink bloom............busybee.....OUT
Artemesia Limelight.........Charlotte
Artemesia Silver King......Charlotte....Kathy Ann
3 Variegated Periwinkle
3 small Sword ferns........Marilyn.......Cindy....Kathy Ann
3 Cinnamon ferns...........Marilyn.....Cindy......busybee.... Kathy Ann....OUT
2 NOID "old" Daylilies
3 small "Orange"Amaryllis (started from seed 2008)
10 "Tommy Toes" Tomatoes..........Emily...... Genna
4 Yellow Bell Peppers..........Marilyn............Genna
6 Black Cherry Tomatoes.........Emily
3 Tricolor Painted Daisy (from seed)........Karen
2 China Aster (from seed)
1 Richard Wallace Canna
1 NOID Banana
2 Coneflower purple or pink......busybee (pink)
2 Lady in Red Salvia............Marilyn.....Karen
Obedient Plant
2 Pavonia
2 Red Turks Cap............
1 Pink Turks Cap.............Sandi....OUT
2 Cleradendrum... Cashmere Bouquet...........Charlotte
2 Frostweed
2 NOID Ginger White bloom
1 Shasta Daisey "Becky".......Genna .........OUT
2 NOID White Iris
2 Elaeagnus x Ebbinger (Small shrubs)

This message was edited Apr 21, 2010 2:55 PM

Ripley, MS

I missed that somehow--yes I do want it thanks you very much !!!

YW.. glad I had something for you!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marking my spot. Will post some things later.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone, due to limited time. I'll temporarily withdraw from this thread. Should anyone wanted to ask me a question. Please dmail me. Have fun trading/swapping.
Kim2

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Where exactly is jeri located in Central LA? I DO NOT need another single plant - I don't!so I won't be attending ANY RU's ever... seriously I won't but it can't hurt to find out where this one will be - just on the off chance I find myself nearby... right:)

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

LOL!!! Karen!!! that is too funny!!! The City of Central is just north of Baton Rouge, La.

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

ahhh silly me Central (as in I'm a city in LA) Not central as in the center of. I have it now - I won't be coming as I don't need another plant - repeat after me I DO NOT need even one little bitty plant EVER. I still have pots from the Oct RU on my deck waiting for me to plant them - I DO NOT need another plant - no matter if they are FREE! AHHHHH addiction is a really bad thing isn't it? I do hope you guys have fun getting all those plants and giving away your little babies.... I'll be at PA (the plant addiction group meeting) reminding myself that I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER PLANT!!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

LOL!! If you change you mind.....

Booneville, MS

I'll hold this spot. I;m getting my list together...
Terrye

Here's my list:
Sedum - jellybean, John Creech, Makinoi, Ogon (OUT), Angelonia, Blue Spruce,
1. Sandi - all
Grasses - "Karl Forester"(1), "Praire Blue" Switch grass,
Kerria japonica Yellow Rose of Texas
1. Becky
Persicaria - "Red Dragon" (2), "Lance Corporal" (2), "Painter’s Palette" (2)
1. lance corp - Charlotte
Plume Poppy
Black and Blue salvia
Var. solomon's seal
Lemon Balm
Ajuga - "Black scallop"
1. KA
St. john's wort - "Brigadoon"
Butterfly bush - lilac
1. Em
Japanese sunflowers Helianthes flore-pleno
1. Genna
Bog Sage
1. Charlotte
Crocosmias – "Starfire" (2)
1. Genna
2. Sandi
Salvia "Purple Knockout"
1. Sandi
Rudbeckia "Goldsturm"
1. Genna
2. Marilyn
Monarda "Blue Stocking"
1. Sandi
False Aster Kalimeris "Shogun"
1. Charlotte
2. Genna
Tall garden phlox - purple
1. Sandi
Tradescantia :Clifford's Blueberry Sundae" (1) - Becky - OUT
Red Penstemon NOID
1. becky
Hydrangea - Nikko, Purple Tears (1)
1. Nikko - Em

This message was edited Apr 22, 2010 10:34 PM

This message was edited Apr 24, 2010 9:26 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Jeri - but it looks like I should pass on the petasites ...looks like the need moist soil (which I don't have) and looks like they might be invasive and I have enough trouble keeping my weeds in check at this point. I don't want to have to fight my "flowers" too.

Sandra, I have never heard of that lochroma but it is beautiful. How do you plan to keep it alive over winter??? Aren't you a zone 7 too? I would love to have one but I don't have a green house..... (yet).......

Genna

Ripley, MS

I don't plan on keeping it, but I enjoyed the one I had so much last year, I am going to treat them as an annual and enjoy them again this year. The one I had last year bloomed from top to bottom and really earned its keep.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Did you just put it in a pot? or in the ground? How tall did yours get over the summer? I might have to have one of those for my porch....... really looks interesting and I love anything that will bloom all summer!!

Genna

Ripley, MS

I put mine in the ground, it was as tall as I am before the summer was done.
It is in the same family as the brugs are.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

How much did it cost you last year? I am pretty sure I lost my brug too. I left it in the ground because several people around have them in the ground here and they come back - but I am pretty sure mine is gone! Took me FOREVER to finally get one to live - now looks like I am starting over!

I have been trying to find an small enclosed trailer to borrow to take to Jeri's so that I can bring my foundation planting plants back from Forest Hills. But, so far I haven't had any luck. I am concerned about having enough room - I am a good packer, but I don't think there is any way I can get home with that many plants! I have considered pricing a uhaul - but not sure it would be worth it.... everyone tells me the plants are a LOT cheaper down there and so I figure I could save quite a bit but renting a uhaul may wipe out the savings..... :(

gen.. I'll be listing brugs also if yours don't make it, but there's still hope for you, cause mine are just up maybe a foot at the most, and I'm down south.. a lot.. from yo!

Sandra I sure was gad you supplied that link cause I didn't remember what zone they lived in... mine will be iffy too, but in the ground she's going!

Booneville, MS

Genna, my brugs in the ground are not up either so don't give up on it yet. Mine were late coming up last year too.

Terrye

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, it sure doesn't look good - looks TOTALLY DEAD - but MAYBE..... it would sure be nice to have it come back, but we had some pretty low temps this past winter. TOO BAD they didn't affect the fire ants!!!

Booneville, MS

The stalks will die completely and then come back from the ground if left out all winter. So maybe yours made it.

I lost English Ivy this winter in 3 different pots that I have had for several years... one for at least 7-8 years and the temps this winter got them. I didn't think you could KILL that stuff.

Terrye

Ripley, MS

That big leaf ivy I had that I bought at Memphis
botanical Garden sale a few years ago has died too, I was hoping it would come back from the roots, but no sign of it so far. The variegated is alive and well, if you want some of that

Booneville, MS

Thanks. I may get some.
That big pot I had in front of my deck had 5-6 different types of ivys in it. Some I had gotten from Nina. I hated to loose them. I think one lived.

Terrye

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna I echo what Terrye said about your brug. I have a couple I've had in the ground for a number of years and don'tusually start showing any signs of life until almost June. They will not come back from the old stalk but from the roots. You will see new shoots come up around where the old stalks were. Then it takes them until Sept. to start blooming. That's why I decided to start putting mine in pots and taking in for the winter.

Yeah Charlotte.. last year was my first in the ground with the brugs, and I had huge plants blooming in March when I set them out, and now I have lil nubs starting to leaf out. On some I might dig them up, but after the breaker tripping in the GH last January, I don't know if I am any better off..LOL

Terrye.. I have the regular ol green English Ivy.. want me to pot some up for you??

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Terrye I have the needlepoint ivy. It is a smaller leaf with a pointed end. I have plenty, if you want some.

Ripley, MS

LOL--Terrye, I think you don't have to worry about ivy any more !!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I have two brugs in the ground that aren't coming up yet either. LOL I was just thinking of asking you all about this last night when I went to bed, and you're already talking about it! I have clippings from when I cut them down last year if ANY of you want them. If I come to the RU I'm bringing all of them, unless mine don't come up, then I'll be keeping two clippings LOL! I have like 50 some-odd clippings, 3 to 6 in a pot that can be separated.

I don't need any plants either, I am officially out of room and not in the mood to build another bed yet. I want to come to the RU but we might be going to my mom's the week after and I don't have the time to take off work for all of that. Maybe by then I will get a couple of days. I'd like to make a week long vacation out of it, come to the RU to give plants away, drive through Texas and back up to OKC where my mom lives, then back home but I don't have the time off work for that either, plus with Dave not working I don't want to spend the money.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Does any one want any obedient plant. I have a big patch I am going to dig up. I put all that I'm going to keep in a big pot last year. It would be great if you have a big area you need to fill and don't mind it spreading.

Booneville, MS

Thanks, Charlotte and Becky! I would love to have both of those ivy's.

Terrye

Great Terrye.. I 'll dig you some, and put you down!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images