Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities: Handy for first aid, too!

Communities > Forums > Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualitiesReplies: 1, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

April 9, 2010
2:43 PM

Post #7692736

I started growing comfrey because I loved the true-blue flowers---I thought the second spring that I might regret my choice, because it reseeded all over the garden. But after seeing how much the bees love it and how easy it is to pull & compost, I'm very happy I decided to scatter those first seeds.

Two years ago my neighbor cut herself, couldn't stop the bleeding, and had phoned the hospital to find they had a 2-hour wait in the ER. She knew I was into herbal healing, and phoned me. In more than one of my references, a bruised comfrey leaf was top on the list to stop bleeding. I happened to have PLENTY available at the time, and it worked like a charm.

We've used comfrey several times since then to bandage cuts, and my observations indicate it does seem to stop bleeding, promote tissue healing, and reduce scarring. As I am a world-class klutz, it's a useful plant for me to grow!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 10, 2010
5:36 AM

Post #7693950

Thanks, imapigeon, for your added details about your experience with Comfrey.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Now I'm even happier... critterologist 4 Apr 9, 2010 6:59 AM
Good info! Sundownr 2 Apr 14, 2010 6:28 AM
regarding comfrey, cjvwm 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:47 AM
PROOF WAS IN THE PUDDING docgipe 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:42 AM
I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED docgipe 2 Apr 13, 2010 6:14 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America