AuthorContent

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 10, 2010
2:27 AM

Post #7693747

It's time for a new thread...let's start showing Spring from all over the world!

Old thread : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1085583/

My apricot blooms.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Click the image for an enlarged view.

sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 10, 2010
4:21 AM

Post #7693823

My dogwood

Thumbnail by sunfarm

sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 10, 2010
4:24 AM

Post #7693825

My daffodils

Thumbnail by sunfarm

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2010
4:50 AM

Post #7693860

47 and it's going to be a nice day, in the 70's! Yesterday was cool with a warm sun. We ran to DD's and got horse manure. I got it around the rhubarb and carefully sprinkled it around a few bushes, trees and hostas. It hasn't been leached by the rain so it's potent. But boy, does it make things grow! I only got 7 buckets, but I have 4 left. This fall it will be a truckload! I put more garden in before the next rain and did some weeding.

I guess this is the year to find out if you have allergies. We don't have any of the pollen you guys have. I think I'm glad.

Howdy Cuckoo! Hope you're here to stay! Sounds beautiful down there!

Ric! You really went to town on the shed!! I love tarpaper. Don't ask me why.

Sorry to not comment on all. I got up late :o(
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 10, 2010
5:28 AM

Post #7693939

Thanks for the new thread, Adina. :-) I love your photos!

6:50 is late, Sally??

I'm up EARLY (but not as early as Sally's late!) to get things ready for a DG round up. Yayyy!! I have a couple of plants to dig, and I need to shred the bbq beef (which I've never made before, so pray it's good! It's been in the crockpot all night.) I'm in charge of the food, more or less, so I need to get there early. It should be fun! (It usually is! :-) ) We have a 20% chance of rain... Hopefully it will miss us!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CDT (38 min ago)
Temperature 58 F 14 C
Dew Point 54 F 12 C
Humidity 86%
Pressure 30.17 in 1021.7 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir ESE 110
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 51.1F / 10.6C
6 hour max temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 59.0F / 15.0C

Today Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2010 7:33 AM
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 10, 2010
6:28 AM

Post #7694042

Marylyn have a BLAST!!!!

Bernie you garden and build on such a grand scale
I was thinking a pond big enough to sail on...lol!
Lovely area!

Ahhhh the Dogwoods!
Love to see them and the Redbuds in the woods as we walk around.
Everything seems to be budding/flowering at once.

32 here this morning.
Out to survey the damage, if any.

Ric
sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 10, 2010
6:42 AM

Post #7694062

billyporter, be careful with manure that's too fresh. You don't want to burn your plants.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #7694253

56 - clear blue skies - the Redbuds are in their glory cannot get out to photograph so youse guys and gals will have to be content with previous years pics - they are on this site.

The wind has calmed enough to mess with the shed roof today but I am going to take it slow and easy, if it gets done it does, if not - oh well, everything has been soaked anyways.

Care too all.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2010
8:17 AM

Post #7694260

I want a dogwood. We can't have them here yet. Not enough shade. I'll have to settle for looking at your dogwood.

Thanks, Ric. I'll let you know.

42.6 F with 65 for the high. It will be a great trip today.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 43 F
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 22 F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the ESE
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 30.06 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 10000 ft
Scattered Clouds 12000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Tradescantia very pretty now.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2010
8:23 AM

Post #7694279

PS - Sue (DW) planted a few plants in a shady area last year and one has come back so well and looks so good she wants to get more of them - so I get to figure out what she planted! Pics of that will follow when I can figure out where the camera, batteries, and memory stick are. I have located the card reader and cable.
ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2010
3:46 PM

Post #7695089

Does not feel like spring here today, temp in the 40's with wind gusts to 30 mph. I went out to work in the yard and came right back in to get the thermal longjohns on! Was out there about 4 hours doing mostly yard clean up. Too cold to do the transplanting I need to do. I still feel cold. The wood stove feels good tonight. Pictures soon - I hope - as soon as somethings start growing.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 10, 2010
6:53 PM

Post #7695537

High in the low 70s with a strong breeze this afternoon...again. lol. Hardly a cloud in the sky and I got to spend several hours outside putting up the timbers and blocks for the greenhouse area. Majority of my coworkers were jealous. LOL.

I need to get out and take pics. I have stuff coming up everywhere and tulips blooming their heads off. Hopefully here pretty soon I can get my stuff planted. I have a ton of bulbs to get in the ground and my veggie garden needs planting but the clumps of mud are too big still. Waiting on rototiller which is at my grandma's right now. Radishes in a couple planters. Did the regular round ones in one and Fire N' Ice in another. I also have dwarf willow bushes to put in the ground and a spirea.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 10, 2010
7:13 PM

Post #7695597

I'll get Redbud shots tomorrow.
They are amazing!
Never seen such a heavy bud!

Wild Pears are shining like spotlights on the hills around here.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2010
4:50 AM

Post #7696146

50, going to be partly sunny and in the upper 60's with a light east wind. I see no 30's for overnight lows all week.

Yesterday I repotted the largest tomato seedlings and put them back under the lights. I left the repotted cabbage in the garage overnight. I didn't start or buy any flowers this year, since I plan on working with what I have. It was a day to clean garages and porches, set chairs out and mix dirt.

Marylyn, and I got up late today too. Guess I must be working hard! I'll bet your beef was delicious and you had a wonderful time!

Ric, I was thinking Bernie would have a really nice pond, but to sail on, wow! That would be neat :o)

Sunfarm, I have rings of manure away from the plant and shook it off any leaves. Now that our rain chances has disappeared for the rest of the week, I think I'll be toting water today.

Dyson, redbuds are just noticable here. I'm always suprised to find them in timbers. I grew up with one just outside my window. I'll bet it feels good to get out and work on things.

Celia, oohhh, pretty leaves! What color is your tradescantia? I have a white one, but the leaves aren't like that. You have to get close to see just how pretty a spiderwort bloom is.

Dyson, they're pretty hardy so maybe Sue will have all of them come back. They grow fast and divide well too.

Ledge, we went thru weather like that earlier. It was just icy! I hear you on the long johns! But you're a trooper and went back out!

Pepper, you had the primo job!! Now how are you hiding all those things from your Dad? LOL!

Ric, that sounds beautiful!

We're ready for britches here.

Dutchman's Breeches and Toadshade.

Thumbnail by billyporter

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 11, 2010
8:03 AM

Post #7696491

Nearly 7am~
Sunrise: 6:46am (no sunshine today~cloudy, windy, snow in the forecast)...
Sunset: 9:10pm
Another 4.+ earthquake, but didn't notice this one; the one last week was quite a jolt and rumble. Marsue~perhaps the fault is beginning to wake up.
Snow covers the yard-so nothing new yet. The moose came through yesterday w/out her calf. I think she's chased it off as she gets ready for the new calf due in May. Her belly is huge-so glad she's coming by so we can moniter her progress:))
Thanks for the new thread, Adina. Spring blossoms are gorgeous.
As to my sugar egg that I've had since 1964; I've kept it in a, in a basket, brown paper bag, in a dark closet. The colors are nearly faded, but no damage at all to the egg.
Loved all the spring blossoms you've posted and reading of projects, too.
Have a great day.
Cousins~two of my grandsons a few days ago. The tallest is 18; 6ft.5 1/2 inches. The oldest, 20, just left left Alaska on Friday; he and his wife are now in the Seattle, Washington, area.

Thumbnail by kiska

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 11, 2010
8:56 AM

Post #7696622

Marylyn, have a wonderful RU! The food sounds delicious!
Sally, I have a plant like yours, the smallest one...is that a toadshade?Last year I gathered some horse manure from our street after a carriage with a horse came and put it between the strawberry bushes. I guess that's why they have grown so much and so many. I just finished dividing them and I'm going out to count...I'm curious to see how many I came up with! LOL
Ric, so cold ! Did you have any damage on your plants?
Jackie, you have more daylight than we do! Such handsome young men! You must be devastated the oldest one left for Seattle. An earthquake, grrr! Good you didn't feel it!
Celia, my Tradescantia looks just like yours now!
Have to go and water the garden. It didn't rain, like they forecasted and it was warm enough, 62F and windy.
Posting a red tulip bud, ready to bloom.
Have a great day everyone!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 11, 2010
9:37 AM

Post #7696726

Good day to everyone... it looked like we were going to have rain but now the sun is popping out of the clouds.. I don't think we are due for rain until late next week.
Marsue.. I was fascinated with that story fo bees I would imagine the bee person was also in awe.. they would be happy.. but not the people of the house!! wow..imagine finding that!!!!

Dyson.. that's why I stick to having a film camera.. only hassle is getting it developed quickly! hahahahahaha

Hope everyone is doing well. I find it hard to keep up with everyone so I too am sorry I can't answer to everyone!!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 11, 2010
9:41 AM

Post #7696744

Kiska, your 18-year-old GS is tall, and has good taste in football teams. :-)

Maybe when I go out hiking I should gather up horse droppings. Then again, maybe not. It wouldn't surprise you if I did, though, would it? ;-)

There are some redbud trees where you get on the freeway at Kanan Road, but otherwise you don't see them much around here. I don't know why. Seems like they would be perfect yard trees since they don't get very big.

When I go out the back door, I greeted by the fragrance of orange blossoms.

It says light drizzle but it isn't raining here. They are calling for it to rain tonight or tomorrow.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on April 11, 2010
53 F
Light Drizzle
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 45 F
Wind: 9 mph from the South

some pictures from Friday
I finally get a decent picture of owls clover.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 11, 2010
9:42 AM

Post #7696749

This is called mountain phacelia. I had never seen this kind before. The foliage is different from the other kinds of phacelias we have.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 11, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #7696758

creek with water - The fern is called a chain fern. They're rare around here.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 11, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #7696762

blue larkspur

Thumbnail by Kelli

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2010
12:30 PM

Post #7697174

63.4 F with 72 for the high.
Overcast
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 19 F
Wind: 5.0 mph from the SSE
Wind Gust: 22.0 mph
Pressure: 29.89 in (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Few 11000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 14000 ft
Overcast 18000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

I'm kind of disappointed in today. We were supposed to have nice weather but it's overcast and very windy. Yuck.

The trip was fun yesterday. Crystal looks happy. Maxwell and I had a nice conversation on the way.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2010
12:33 PM

Post #7697188

Oh! And the tradescantia is pink. Here is a pic from last year. It looks more purple than it really is.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 11, 2010
1:24 PM

Post #7697289

We escaped another frost this morning just barely, with the temp dipping to 33. It is now a gorgeous 76 with low humidity. I have to stick close to the house and computer in case DH needs anything; he has been working on our taxes for two days. I have banished him to a seldom-used room upstairs where he can spread out the papers and leave them undisturbed as necessary (and I don't have to look at his furrowed brow too often). I hope he finishes soon and his usual pleasant disposition returns.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #7697306

Oh boy, Sunfarm. I do not envy him that experience.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 11, 2010
4:54 PM

Post #7697823

High of around 80 with a hardly noticeable breeze and full sun. A perfect day to plant 21 bulbs and finish digging up my garden. Now if my dad and I could just remember the rototiller!!! It's out at my grandma's and I even went out there today and as soon as I got there totally forgot!! It's pitiful!! LOL.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 11, 2010
6:59 PM

Post #7698178

LOVE tradescantia in all forms!
That's a nice one Celia!

Marylyn was Don at your RU? Goes by dgal on Cubits, looks like Santa Claus...
Roadrunner?

Kiska he's a GIANT!
Do they send him out first in the fall to see if the ice is ready? lol!

Had a lovely time at the sale today.
Picked up a Black Double, Gold Double and a Pink upright Hellebore.
Also Variegated Poke and Moneyplant.
Weather was PERFECT!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 11, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #7698244

Hi, everyone! The RU was a lot of fun - as usual. :-) It rained in the morning, but was nice by lunch time. Yes, Don was there. It was fun to meet him in person. :-) Roadrunner visited our RU a few years ago, but didn't come to this one. It would be fun to have her back... she's a lot of fun! :-)

The bunnies had a blast, too. The park we were at has a great playground, a sand volleyball court (which wasn't being played on, so as far as they were concerned it was a really big sand box), and a lake with lots of mostly tame ducks. They (the bunnies, not the ducks) came home happy, exhausted, and covered with sand from head to toe. LOL I'm hoping Charles took some photos... I had a camera in my pocket, but never actually used it. (I'm so bad at that!)

Oops... Charles needs the computer back. I need to chase the bunnies to bed soon anyway. Good night, all!

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 11, 2010
7:39 PM

Post #7698267

Topped out at 40*F. Overcast and "they" are still forcasting 1-3inches of snow.
kelli~of all the beautiful hiking photos, my favorite today, is of the creek. I'll let my gson, Bobby, know you like his team as well:)
kwanjin~Maxwell is so cute-it's wonderful to see the babies here; and, watch them grow. (JW comes to mind). Love the flower.
sunfarm~hope the taxes project is finished soon~
ric~beautiful spring pic~you're right, he's a tall kid, and I really think he is the tallest one in Palmer High School. Also, he is a hard working kid who is quick to lend a hand. (changing out studded tires soon and he'll be here for that).He'd even volunteer to check the ice:)
pepper~sorry you forgot the rototiller, but that's funny and something I can relate to...

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 11, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7698273

marylyn~sounds great~
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 11, 2010
8:27 PM

Post #7698369

Kelli that's Owl's Clover is NEAT!
I've seen the Castilleja coccinea but never that species.

Kiska he's HAVE to be that big to wear that shirt around here! LOL!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2010
4:30 AM

Post #7698826

47 and looking to be another nice day! I can't believe I completely forgot to comment on the first pictures!

Adina, thanks for the new thread with a perfect picture. Fruit blossoms!

Sunfarm, I don't think I've seen a dogwood bloom. Very pretty! Love the yellow daffodils. It's nice to see doubles!

Kiska, I hope the earthquake never affects you. Have you got a picture of the pregnant moose? Your Grandsons are so young! Both have great smiles. I'll bet they'll miss each other.

Adina, the small plant is the Dutchman's Breeches. My camara doesn't do white very well, so it's hard to get a close-up. It looks just like a pair of pants. I found a better picture. These aren't really open yet. You are a woman after my own heart. Waste not want not :o) (Manure.) Tulips are great! They show color before they open and you just can't wait to see them!

~ to Cindylove, it IS hard to keep up here. Oh well, there are always rainy days :o)

Kelli, pick up those nuggets! even a few are good fertilizer :o) I love the owls clover! It goes well with the white... hmmm, seems like I should know the answer. A sort of saxifrage? I like the phacelia too! Love the ferns and the larspur is a gorgeous color! You really found the treaures on this walk. Is the water cold? I'd love to sit there for a while!

Celia, don't you just hate the disappointing ''nice'' days. I keep singing "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" :o) Poor little guy wonders where spring is too. I'm glad Crystal is happy! Beautiful bloom. They are so delicate, but grow like weeds!

Sunfarm, I'm glad you had a beautiful day! You should have kicked DH out into the sunshine for a while :o) Hopefully he can get the taxes done soon. Going thru paperwork can be so frustrating. At least he has a place to do it in peace.

Pepper, ROTFL!!! You have a tiller, yet you don't! I'm glad you got to plant!

Ric, what a gorgeous picture! Just what I'd like my yard to look like, but it doesn't, for various reasons :o) Can't wait to see your new plants in bloom! A varigated poke? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Marylyn, I'll bet the bunnies came home exhausted! What great fun for them! Isn't it funny, at family reunions, I have the camera around my neck and forget to take pictures!

Kiska, snow on the mountain, so calm and peaceful.

Ric, love the bluebells! They say mushroom hunting soon.

It was Dyson Dark when I started, and now it's light!

A better Breechman picture

Thumbnail by billyporter

sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2010
5:12 AM

Post #7698880

Taxes got finished about 8 last night, so the tension in the household has disappeared (except for the cats still getting acquainted). Even a nice amount overpaid that we can put toward this year's taxes!
Glad you liked the flower pictures; our farm is beautiful this time of year. I need to get out and finish cleaning up the "bird garden" outside the kitchen window. The weather should be mild and pleasant all week, but we do need rain.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2010
5:32 AM

Post #7698932

48 - Clear skies.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 12, 2010
6:21 AM

Post #7699075

54 and Clear.
Looks like all the plants can go out now but the 'super tenders'.

'Should' have big results on the Shed this afternoon...

'shrooms are definitely on the radar,
May Apples are up too!
We have to find some new hunting grounds.
Our 'PRIME' spot is our former employer and Robyn won't go there... lol!
Ric
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
6:56 AM

Post #7699166

It was a gorgeous weekend here! Saturday was probably mid 70's, but yesterday was 75 with a Real Feel of 85! It got kinda hot, not used to that yet.

I got more pics, these are the Rottie puppies from my next door neighbor. These are more than likely going to be for sale in a couple weeks.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010

Post #7699170

Two girls and a boy.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #7699171

This little girl howls, it's the cutest thing!

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #7699174

Closer

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
6:58 AM

Post #7699177

After dinner

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:07 AM

Post #7699205

I don't know what this is.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:07 AM

Post #7699206

Green Beans

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:08 AM

Post #7699209

Red potato

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:10 AM

Post #7699213

Peas

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:10 AM

Post #7699215

Corn is getting bigger

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:11 AM

Post #7699216

I think this is a yellow squash

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7699219

Blue Hydrangea

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7699222

Hosta

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #7699228

Another Hosta

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:20 AM

Post #7699244

I love this Hosta

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:23 AM

Post #7699250

This one is real big.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:24 AM

Post #7699256

Luna Hibiscus

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:24 AM

Post #7699257

I don't remember what this Hibiscus is, need to turn the sign around lol

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:25 AM

Post #7699259

Part of my yard, so glad the grass is green finally

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:26 AM

Post #7699261

From the front to the back on the west side.

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2010
7:31 AM

Post #7699270

That's it finally LOL!

So it's going to be nice today, right now it's sunny and 64* with a real feel of 70*, today the high is going to be 79* with a real feel of 83*, tonight's low is going to be clear to partly cloudy 53* with a real feel of 54*.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2010
7:56 AM

Post #7699347

The puppies are finally out! Yea! That little girl howling is my favorite. She knows how to do it right! LOL Your yard looks so happy. I love it.

59.0 F with 65 for the high. 70% chance of rain.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 19 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 6.0 mph
Pressure: 29.69 in (Steady)
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 15000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

My favorite Hellebore that is here. I want one of Ric's new double black. I don't have room. (sigh)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 12, 2010
8:37 AM

Post #7699459

There is spring in the air~for the first time in months, it was above 32*f at 6am. With highs to low 40's, the snow will be a thing of the past.
I shake my head in amazement to see the green/growing plants posted here. Very nice to see them.
During the massive 1964 earthquake; a portion of Pioneer Peak slid away. The slide area really identifies Pioneer Peak.
As seen from our yard.

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 12, 2010
1:56 PM

Post #7700211

Quoting:I love the owls clover! It goes well with the white... hmmm, seems like I should know the answer.

It's called popcorn flower. It is in the borage family.

Quoting: Is the water cold?

Yes

We got 0.45" of rain overnight.

Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on April 12, 2010
58 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 45 F
Wind: 7 mph from the South

ledgegardener
Hancock, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2010
4:52 PM

Post #7700597

I missed getting on line yesterday. I read everyone's posts and it is great to see all that is growing. It will be a good six weeks before I can put any tender plants out! The hosta's are just beginning to poke through the ground and I have one lonely daffodil that is flowering.

It was spring here yesterday and I spent the afternoon working in the greenhouse. Transplanted some tomatoes into larger pots. It clouded up and got very windy in the afternoon, then it cleared during the night and we had a frost. It has been winter today, cloudy cold and windy in the 40's. There will be a frost every night this week. April is such a heartbreaker in Maine!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 12, 2010
4:52 PM

Post #7700598

Here's the new from DG...

DavesGarden will be down at 11:00pm PDT on 4/12 for about an hour for maintenance.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 12, 2010
6:45 PM

Post #7700869

Wanna bet? LOL!

Chrissy Wonderful Shots!
I'm not so worried about our Hibiscus now.
Judging by your Hostas it appears we're about 2 weeks behind you on growth.

Well here the REAL reason we've been overbuilding the 'Shed'.
Mau's open concept on the room was just about right on the money.

The building will be used for tool storage for sure,
but will actually be my Woodshop/Craft Room.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 12, 2010
6:47 PM

Post #7700877

Here's the view outside.
Commercial Mall Entrance this thing was a BEAR to horse into place.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #7700926

Aaaaaaaah...but the rewards of a job well done! Perfect!

It's raining. This I can handle. LOL
sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2010
4:47 AM

Post #7701745

Very nice, Ric!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2010
4:51 AM

Post #7701760

Sunfarn, I can hear that deep sigh of relief :o)

Chrissy, adorable fat little pups! Yeah, she knows how to do it! Your plants look great! How big is your property? It's a beautiful place to live, that's for sure!

Celia, apple blossom pink, so pretty!

Kiska, I'm excited for you! Spring is coming!! I love your view of Pioneer Peak. I'd never get tired of looking at it!

Thanks Kelli! Good rain!

Ledge, I'm so hoping our last freeze is not going to happen. It's way too warm and too many things are growing. That IS heartbreak, when we are talking about needing to mow, again.

RIC!!! Can I live there?!! You got me with the big window doors!! WOW!!

52 when I got up at 5:30. It's going to be a gorgeous day! I really got it in the squatting muscles yesterday. We have a bumper crop of dandelions and no, I haven't tried eating any of them yet. No time to cook :o) I finished off the day going over all my notes of what needs to be moved, sitting in the andirondack chair last night. It lets all the ''tired'' drain into the ground. I didn't even take time for any pictures. Busy busy!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 13, 2010
6:07 AM

Post #7701914

46 here and Sunny.
We'll be in the 70's and 80's till the weekend.
Then back to normal temps next week.
We could actually use some rain here in a few days.

The door I agree makes the project.
There were some design and structural issues our Friend Darius helped us w/.
The door opening is central which allows us to get cabs on three walls.
The window on the west side is for wood pass through...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2010
8:41 AM

Post #7702324

My dwarf bamboo died. ;-( I also lost my Sally Holmes white rose.

Ric, I really love that slider door.

40.2 F with 52 for the high.
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 40 F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 37 F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the SSW
Pressure: 29.89 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1000 ft
Scattered Clouds 4500 ft
Scattered Clouds 7000 ft
Scattered Clouds 18000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Yoshino cherry blossoms.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 13, 2010
11:01 AM

Post #7702652

Crissy, your place is looking great! I was really late in getting my seeds started and I have two tiny tomato seedlings and that's it. The peppers never came up but the seeds were old. We're letting the garden sit fallow this year since it did so poorly last year but I may tuck a few things in here and there in the flower beds. I had DH get me a tomato planter for our anniversary. http://www.gardeners.com/Tomato-Success-Kits/PotsPlanters_SelfWateringPlanters,38-659RS,default,cp.html#MyReviewHeader I can roll it around to prevent sunscald and move it under the porch roof at night. Though our summer days are very hot, the nights get cooler than what tomatoes like. This should also eliminate root nematode problems and my erratic watering.

Ric, the sliding door with the black frame and the bamboo make the scene look rather Japanese, IMO. If that was the goal, you succeeded.

Updated: 10:51 AM PDT on April 13, 2010
58 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 42 F
Wind: 7 mph from the East

The irises are starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 13, 2010
11:01 AM

Post #7702655

purple

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 13, 2010
11:02 AM

Post #7702658

white

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 13, 2010
11:03 AM

Post #7702660

This is the same white kind but this individual is more open than usual. I wish they all were like this.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 13, 2010
11:03 AM

Post #7702661

light blue

Thumbnail by Kelli

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2010
5:03 PM

Post #7703510

the puppies are cute crissyr! I have two iris' about to bloom.. I am so thrilled as I've had them almost 3 yrs & this is the first for them to bloom.. I've only got 2 & am anxious to see what color they will be!!! hahahahaha

The weather is yet again nice.. sunny, in the 70's & a bit humid. It is getting windier though, we are in a "high" jet stream so we won't see rain for awhile!
sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2010
5:16 PM

Post #7703540

Kelli, your iris are gorgeous. Mine have needed dividing for several years, but I just haven't gotten to it. Gorgeous weather here today--82 degrees, but still no much-needed rain. The counties with burning bans are increasing.
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2010
5:29 PM

Post #7703581

Sunfarm.. that rain must be just missing you! As I hear that central US is getting hit with rain!!! I hope you get some soon as the farmers really need it now!!!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 13, 2010
6:03 PM

Post #7703662

Celia which dwarf 'boo was it?
Lovely Cherry Blossoms!

Kelli those Iris are Beautiful!
I agree that second white one is a definite keeper!
We still at least a month away I'd guess.
The whole yard has kind of an Asian theme.
But way too packed to be Japanese... let's call it Asian Fushion...lol!
Thanks!

I spent 2 hours repairing one of the free windows we got years ago.
Took parts from two different windows to get the third working.
Front facia, drip edge and window are done.
Started shingling the roof.
We are using 'dimensional' shingles which I'd never worked w/ before.
There's a bit of a learning curve.
Should finish tomorrow easily.

Sunny and 78 again today.
Same for tomorrow.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2010
6:18 PM

Post #7703704

47 right now and Dyson Dark.

ric...those doors are GREAT! Wonderful idea!

Kelli...Nice iris photos. A friend gave me 2 big bunches the other day. He called them grape iris and said they smell wonderful when they bloom.

Kiska...the mountains look wild and menacing!

Crissy...Nice tour of your gardens!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2010
6:31 PM

Post #7703734

Got up to 81 with strong winds today and sunny skies. Burning bans in effect around here due to dry winds and no rain since early last week.

Close up of a few of my tulips

Thumbnail by pepper23

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 13, 2010
6:48 PM

Post #7703774

Thanks e_b I thought you would get a kick out of them.
Shutting them's like closing a vault door.
Just found out they are hurricane rated... lol!
Great looking combo w/ the daffs and Pulmonaria.

Ric
kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 13, 2010
9:20 PM

Post #7704118

41*F ~ it's 8pm and the sun is shining-love the coming long daylight:))
Today's high was 43*F and there's very little snow on the roof now. The yard still has a foot of snow, but open areas under the trees are getting bigger.
Open water is on most rivers--lakes remain frozen.
hello to all~hopefully will be on earlier tomorrow.

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2010
10:25 PM

Post #7704185

Kelli, such pretty irises. I love your pics, as always.

Cindy, you'll have to share pics when your irises bloom.

Sunfarm, Mine need to be devided, too. I was going to it last year but...LOL You know how it gets, sometimes.

Ric, it was the Dwarf White Stripe. I had it 2 years and this year it went kaput. The roof is coming along.

EB, love the colors!

Pepper, your tulips are awesome!

Kiska, it's about time the ice broke up, isn't it?

We had a nice day. We had snow on the ground in the morning, sun during the day and rain in the afternoon then sun again. Welcome to weather in the Rockies. :-)

My irises.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2010
4:09 AM

Post #7704337

58 and Dyson Dark! It can't freeze any more, it just can't!

We got the boy's yesterday, so I only got most of the yard mowed and no weeding done. I'll finish today and it will be nice to just be done in a short time. I was ready for a break form yard-work. Even tho I wear gloves, I planted garden without. It did a number on my hands. They actually hurt. I slathered on the hand cream and will be careful today.

Ric, it's the view thru the doors too that got me. Sigh, I could just sit in there with a cup of coffee and watch the world go by! I love big windows!

Aawww Celia, it's so disappointing to lose a plant. I love the first tree blossoms! Is it an edible cherry? You people are going to think I eat all the time, but I only ask if it's fruit :o) You don't see me hanging around the pork chop tree :o)

Kelli, the planter is nice! I think drought and drown describes my problem with container plants, and rolling it around is a plus! Pretty cool gift! Happy anniversary whenever it is! Iris! My favorite first flowers! All beautiful!!

Cindylove, we will need a picture of those iris! I hear you on waiting to see what you have!

Sunfarm, we have burn bans in the bigger towns around us, but the country folk are still burning off ditches. I was sitting on the porch the other night and noticed a slow truck driving down the road, on the other side of the fertilizer plant that's across from me. Then I heard crackling and saw flames. I finally caught them burning off the field of grasses they planted instead of corn. One guy rode the tailgate and must have had a flame thrower. Then I could selll licorice in the smoke. And then I remembered I had clothes on the line.

Ric, love the Asian definition. That must be the shingles our neighbor just did his roof in. They're thick and the pattern is a bit different. It seems to be the new shingle. There are homes all around us who replaced roofs after the high speed winds. The shingles were bad to begin with and within a few years of each other all the roofs were curling and losing the ''shingle.'' It looked bad.

Early, they smell just like grape koolaid and it's a wonderful scent. You'll love them! I love the daffodil pulmonaria combo!

Pepper, love the tulips! They're so cheerful! We had wind which kept switching around. The neighbors have been burning stinky trash for two days now and we had to play outside, smelling it. I saw them come out to see if it was done burning yet, so I think they are aware now of what we were smelling. They're young, but they'll learn like we did.

Kiska, hearing about the snow melt is as exciting as seeing the first flower bloom. It's nice to see the ice break up!

Celia, you're the only one getting any rain. Yep, in July you better divide them. Pictures when they bloom!!

We might get rain Thursay. I'll finish the yard and finish a bed I started digging root grass out of the other day.

It's not dark anymore. I can just see shapes outside :o)

Varigated Pallida iris. These also smell like grape koolaid.

Thumbnail by billyporter

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2010
4:45 AM

Post #7704374

45 & Overcast, no rain predicted for awhile.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2010
5:29 AM

Post #7704459

Woo! I am waaaay behind again! I don't know how I let myself get so far behind over here. Too much to comment on but the photos are all nice--love the babies--human and canine! Babies of any species are always so cute! :o))

Our weather here has been in the 80's for highs with abundant sunshine. It is going to be cooler the next few days, though, so here we go with the "yo-yo" weather pattern! I've had a young house guest for the last couple of days. She will be going home this morning because her school tutor will be at her house this afternoon. My guest has a medical condition that is currently keeping her from attending public schools so they tutor her 3x a week. Yesterday we went "flea-hopping" (browsing through flea markets) but we didn't come away with any treasures--those folks think a lot of their "treasures"! (In other words, I didn't find any bargains!) LOL

This is my topsy-turvy tomato planter. I have it planted with a cherry tomato. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thumbnail by marsue

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2010
6:31 AM

Post #7704611

Ooooo, BP! Pretty! Yeah, I have to get out there and divide those for sure.

Mau, I almost got one of those. I'm curious to see how well it does for you.

40.3 F with 62 for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 40 F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 32 F
Wind Gust: 5.6 mph
Pressure: 30.08 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 7000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4266 ft

Yoshino cherry today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2010
6:35 AM

Post #7704626

Celia did it stay around all year or return in the Fall?
Reason I'm asking is I have two plants called that.
How tall?

Sally I've never had any luck w/ that Iris.
Never saw a bloom.
Glad it's doing so well for you!
The view, as Robyn noted, sure beats doing my woodwork in our cave of a garage.
We're planning the tables and cabs around our machines.
Luckily they are small or mobile.

Kiska that break up will certainly seen the temps soaring.
Hard to imagine how much cold those rivers trap and light they reflect.

Supposed to be 80 gain today... 85 tomorrow...
Then T-Storms and cooler.
Just enough cooler to back me off from bringing all the plants out...LOL!

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2010
6:39 AM

Post #7704633

Ric, it stayed year round. It's Pleioblastus fortunei.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2010
6:43 AM

Post #7704650

Ah let me see if we have any left.
It ran a muck here for a few years...lol!
We have/had the Golden version too... I know where there's a huge patch of it...

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2010
6:46 AM

Post #7704660

Hey, cool! Thanks!
kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 14, 2010
8:21 AM

Post #7704893

Snowing this morning~at least it brightens the snow cover that is beginning to look sad and worn.
We should be getting up to the 50's sometime soon. The highest has been 48*F.
A high temp in summer is mid-60's. Not a lot of fluctuation between day and "night". A few degrees, 50's - 60's.
The cool summer is one reason we don't plan summer trips to the lower 48; would hate to miss out on the years' high temps:))
bp~gloves sound like a great idea:)
ric~the "shed" will be so nice; bp's idea of coffee and watching the world go by is good.
Marsue~good luck w/upside-down tomatoes-
kwanjin~so pretty~

Thumbnail by kiska

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2010
10:11 AM

Post #7705117

Good morning! Love the moose shot, Janet. :-)

I usually forget to put on my gloves until it's too late, too, Sally, so my hands sympathize with yours! Yesterday I was planting 4 azaleas that I got at the RU (yayyy!) I'm putting them around the bed where the Mexican Plum used to live. That tree was beautiful for 2 weeks in February, and ugly (and non-fruiting) the rest of the year. The only thing I miss about it is seeing the squirrels from my kitchen window (the window is just inches away from where I am sitting right now.) Anyway, I was digging the last hole yesterday, and I stepped on a small branch from the Mexican Plum that had been hiding among the liriope. Did I mention that the Plum had 4 inch thorns?? My croc went sideways, and I stepped down on one of those thorns. OUCH!! grrr... So now I need to remember to wear gloves AND real shoes when I garden! The crocs are comfy and quick, but not particularly protective.

Oops... it's afternoon now. I went out to take some garden photos and just got back inside. DH is meeting us for lunch (yayy!) so I'll post the photos when we get back. :-)

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2010
12:47 PM

Post #7705504

I'm back! I wanted to take a photo of our color changing rose. The last time it bloomed, a couple of weeks ago, the flower was a beautiful soft yellow. The camera ate the photo of it. grrrr... It is blooming again today, and now it is yellow/pink/peach.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2010
12:49 PM

Post #7705507

This bloom is a little pinker. Same bush.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2010
12:49 PM

Post #7705510

And this one, just opening, looks orange. We never know what color they are going to be - it's such fun!!

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2010
2:50 PM

Post #7705785

So pretty, Marylyn. What's it's name?
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 14, 2010
2:51 PM

Post #7705787

I live on an acre. Not big.

LOL Pork Chop Tree!! Love it BP!!

Beautiful Roses!! I don't grow roses, too much work for my busy life.

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 14, 2010
3:05 PM

Post #7705819

I thought about getting one of those upside down tomato things but was afraid it would dry out too fast here. I don't want to have to water something every day.

I have never lived in a place that allows outdoor burning, so the whole idea sounds strange. Aren't there any air pollution issues?

The baby mockingbird is back. Ugh!!! Five months of screeching like old machinery. They have one brood right after another. I don't know what they like about this yard.

Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on April 14, 2010
68 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 47 F
Wind: 4 mph from the SSE

Point in Time

Thumbnail by Kelli

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2010
3:06 PM

Post #7705822

I have no idea what kind of rose it is... It was here when we moved in.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2010
3:07 PM

Post #7705824

They like that you're quiet, Kelli. :-) You're their kind of peeps, even if they aren't yours! LOL
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 14, 2010
4:58 PM

Post #7706034

Well, I don't know what to say. Want to guess when the Astros will win their first game. The Astros/Cardinals game will be on ESPN tonight, so I'll get to see your guys.
sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 14, 2010
5:10 PM

Post #7706068

Kelli, if there were air pollution issues nobody would pay attention to them in this neck of the woods! I am less concerned about idiots burning off fields or burning trash when they should not than I am about arson. That is considered a popular spot in some areas--something I still have problems comprehending.

The red flag warnings are still out; though the weather is gorgeous (low 80s) it is dry. There may be some precipitation tomorrow and overnight into Saturday morning, but the forecast of less than 0.2" is not going to make much difference in our deficit. It may put a damper on our state Christmas Tree Association's plant sale Saturday, though.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2010
5:17 PM

Post #7706078

I agree, Sunfarm. Fortunately, we don't have either as a problem. Everything else but not that. And the stupids who set off fireworks in the dry hills every holidays that calls for it and some that don't .

I know it is Spring for certain when the Goldfinches show up again.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7706283

Ric: your forecast sounds like ours--in the 80's all week and then cooler this week-end, but not cold, by any means.
Celia: pretty cherry tree. I love goldfinches!
Kiska: cute moose pic!
Marylyn: your rose is lovely. I have a rose that changes colors like that. It's name is Rio Samba.
Kelli: I will probably have to water the upside-down tomato at least every other day and maybe every day during the summer. I won't mind as long as I can get some fresh tomatoes! I refuse to buy those flavorless tomatoes that you find in the grocery store. Pretty iris!
Sunfarm: it is dry here, too, in spite of the rain we had last week. I had to water my flowerbeds today. I normally don't have to start watering until later in the season.

I managed to get some of the yard mowed late this afternoon. I did the parts that need mowing with the push mower. Tomorrow I will finish up with the riding mower.

I don't know what the "official" high temp was today but my car said it was 86F when I was driving home this afternoon after dropping off my house guest.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2010
6:50 PM

Post #7706294

Celia you'd love it here.
The Goldfinches winter over...

Chrissy we have 1/8 acre... a full acre IS huge! lol!

Try a squirt rifle on the Mocking Birds.
Works great... doesn't hurt them.
Ours do Hawk calls which initially send the squirrels flying for cover.
Then they get used to it... and don't run.
Then the REAL Hawks have lunch...
Then the cycle starts over.

Last of the Tulips
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 14, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #7706392

High in the 80s again with sun and wind.

Got my tires replaced on truck today and I enjoyed the super smooth ride! LOL. I haven't had a smooth ride in a long time!!

My tulips again. As soon as they are done blooming I am digging them all up and moving them down by the road in between Rose of Sharons and Honeysuckle bushes. I want to put deutiza there so I have something to look at all year long. Or I might get more red twig dogwoods but they get bigger than what I want for there. I'm looking at fruiting bushes too. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2010
10:37 PM

Post #7706656

Again with the jealousy, Ric! LOL

Pepper, what's that dark colored on at the end?

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2010
4:08 AM

Post #7706794

60 and I have the back door open! Our last nice day. I heard temps are to get close to 30 later this week. I shut the weather off. I won't listen!

Mau, sounds like you and your friend had a good time despite coming home empty handed. I love how you described the high prices! I see a few more people are trying the Topsy-Turvy planters again this year, but I never heard last year, how anyone liked them. The tomato looks happy so far!

Celia, your cherry isn't even in full bloom yet. It's going to be a cloud!

Ric, I have two pallida's. Variegata and Aureo Variegata. One is white and cream, the other yellow and cream, which fades to white all summer. The Aureo is the touchy one. Jung first sent me a rotted bulb. The replacement rotted too. I mailed both back to them for a refund and reordered the next year. I was down to 2 in 2007 and have got them back to 5. That's why they are in the rock garden. I can keep track of them bettter. The other does fine. I love how it looks like a picket fence.

Kiska, gloves have saved me. We have all kinds of rusty nails, pottery and glass in our dirt. I was always running to the house for a bandaid. I wouldn't want to miss the best weather either! Where's the moose?

Marylyn, oh no! Stepping on the thorns, ooowwwww! The azalea will be so beautiful! What a wonderful rose! It's like the Joseph's Coat rose.

Chrissy, what I could do with an acre! What you are doing with an acre!

Kelli, I was afraid the tomato would get too heavy and fall out. LOL! It's pretty handy to burn paper instead of shredding it. I used to burn leaves, but don't do that anymore. Most people around here still do, but randomly, so you don't get choked with smoke. Since my Mom had asthma, I quit burning in case my neighbors had problems. Plus, I'm lucky to have a tree line across the road to dump my yard waste and uncompostable weeds and sticks. I'll have to admit there's something about seeing a line of fire work it's way across a grassy pasture. It's too bad they don't have the voice of an angel when they are little. Maybe, like a parrot, you can play songs you like, all day long for him to learn.

Sunfarm, arson. Boy, what a scary thing. I think all of us would like to see some rain on our gardens. For us, maybe tonight.

Celia, I love their canary like song and the fact that they blend in with the dandelions :o)

Mau, we found that during the winter the vine ripened cherry tomatoe in the mesh bag were as close to fresh picked as you can get. I actually paid for a few bags and they are expensive!

Ric, your red tulips are gorgeous!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEPPER!!! So it wasn't the potholes after all, LOL! Glad the tires are a nice ride now. I hope your truck troubles are over. Nice bed of tulips!

It's going to be another hot, but gorgeous day. I got the rest of my yard mowed too and it looks so nice. I love Spring!!

My Dad's sister, gave him her husband's old tractor. It's his pride and joy.

Thumbnail by billyporter

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2010
5:52 AM

Post #7706978

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEPPER AND BILLYPORTER!!!!!

Pep and Sally have a GREAT DAY!!!!!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7707072

A "Shared" Birthday? Happy, Happy to each. "May the wind be always at your back"

50 Clear, Sunny & Bright

FOUND the camera etc etc.

Thumbnail by Dyson

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2010
6:29 AM

Post #7707074

Yep Pep and BP...
Adina and I share a BD too!

Looks like at least one more day of perfect Weather here
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2010
6:29 AM

Post #7707076

One more then I need to start on the "to do" list.

Thumbnail by Dyson

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #7707120

Dyson those are Wonderful!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2010
9:06 AM

Post #7707433

Oh! I love the redbuds! My neighbor has one. So pretty!

BP, I see flowers farther up the tallest branch that I didn't see before. Some of the flowers have fallen and they're pretty on the ground, too! LOL

55.3 F with 72 for the high! Yea!
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 28 F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the SE
Pressure: 30.15 in (Rising)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 10000 ft
Scattered Clouds 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Happy birthday to both you ladies!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2010
9:17 AM

Post #7707452

And posted in the ID fourumm -

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1088126/

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
9:29 AM

Post #7707481

Beautiful photos, Dyson, Celia, Pepper, and Ric!

Happy Birthday, Pepper and Sally!!! :-)

LOL at the mockingbird stories, Ric!! We had mockingbirds nesting in our TX Mountain Laurels one year. It was fun to see the babies, but we got really tired of the parents dive bombing us every time we tried to get to our car in the driveway. We were glad they didn't come back the next year!

Kelli, (sigh..) Well, the Astros play the Cardinals again today, and then the Cubbies, then the Marlins, and then the Pirates. They should at LEAST be able to beat the Pirates... at least once! I'm hopeful that they will get their act together soon and remember how to hit a ball before then, though. Once they get going, if they could just get up to a 500 record and stay there, I would be very satisfied with this season. Next year they can worry about the postseason... This year they need to learn how to hit the ball and move people around the bases. It would help a lot if Lance Berkman would come back soon, but honestly, he can't be the ONLY one hitting, or we still won't win any games.

Back to the weather... :-) It's cloudy and humid and looks like it's going to rain any second now... but there's only a 20% chance of rain. So I have a dilemma... should I water the beds which have my new plants from the RU, or wait for it to rain? I have been waffling all morning, expecting it to start pouring any second, but it hasn't yet, so I'm going to go hook up the soaker hose as soon as I send this... That should make it rain! LOL

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:53am CDT (33 min ago)
Temperature 70 F 21 C
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 81%
Pressure 30.20 in 1022.7 mb
Wind Speed 8 MPH 7 kts
Wind Dir ESE 110
Ceiling 2100 ft 640 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
Remarks 0.01" of precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 66.9F / 19.4C

Rest of today Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms early in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent early in the morning increasing to 40 percent in the afternoon.
Tonight Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then a 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

This message was edited Apr 15, 2010 11:29 AM

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 15, 2010
10:22 AM

Post #7707592

My ornamental plum has lost a lot of its pretty pink petals, but at least DD's dogs enjoy the new "carpet."

Thumbnail by sunfarm

kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 15, 2010
11:50 AM

Post #7707871

36*F - sunny w/highs to 40"s.
Lots of fresh snow to top off the old.
Happy birthday~have a wonderful day and a great year, too
The moose blends well w/woods; he's looking over his shoulder toward me/camera.
Work to be done so will get busy.
hi to all.

Thumbnail by kiska

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 15, 2010
6:52 PM

Post #7708739

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! Had to work today and it was a doozy of a day!! Had to put the plastic on the greenhouse-with strong winds blowing-and it took 7 of us at one point to hold it down. lol. Then finish setting up, price, unload plants, and help customers. A coworker helped finish some of the important set ups then day had to leave. I'm pretty tired tonight. lol

Celia, are you talking about what you see behind the tulips? Those are my double ditch lilies. Or you talking about the tulips with the purple on em? I think that one is Gavota. Want a couple? I'm digging them all up after they are done blooming and moving them. I want to see something else in there all year long instead of weeds. LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2010
6:53 PM

Post #7708741

Hey kiska at least you can see the ribs on the roof!!!!

Hate to say but we almost broke a 34 year old record High today.
Sunny and 84
Rain and Cooler should move in tomorrow night.
But we'll hit 77 or so before it hits.

Sunburned and Sore... I hate shingling! lol!
Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2010
7:06 PM

Post #7708774

Pepper, Yes, the tulips. And if you're giving them away...YEAH!!! LOL They're very pretty.

A lovely day here. Sunny and warm Later, there were high thin clouds and a light breeze. Beautiful! Sunset looks a little more cloudy but still very warm. I think we made 72 and now it it 61.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 15, 2010
7:11 PM

Post #7708793

I'll put a few aside for you. LOL. I'm moving them to a different spot where people driving by can enjoy them.

Sally, forgot to say Happy Birthday!! LOL

I'm off to bed. Gotta work tomorrow!! LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #7708835

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PEPPER AND SALLY!!! I hope you have each had a great day!

I'm late getting here today--spent all day in the yard, first I finished mowing and then I did some weeding and other maintenance in the flower beds. Tomorrow I'll get some pictures of the new blooms. It seems that all of the plants are growing by leaps and bounds. My climbing roses are covered in buds and my iris are, too. The Knock-out roses are beginning to bloom and several of the other plants have buds on them.
It was a perfect day for working outside--not too hot and the wind wasn't blowing.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 15, 2010
7:33 PM

Post #7708875

Somehow I missed the new thread, so am way behind.

Wondering about the volcano in Iceland. Has anyone heard from Rann lately, or did I miss a post as to why she's not here any longer.

Delivered the desk today. The man was very happy!
Worked on the porch. Rained early today so we couldn't start until 11.
Will finish the sheetrock tomorrow & get the first coat of mud on.

Ric, that's a great idea. Watch for pictures.

Bernie
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2010
7:37 PM

Post #7708886

Bernie: Glad you found us again! :o)) Rann has been posting on Cubits. She is okay and has posted a link to the volcano news over there. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with both DG and Cubits, but some of us are trying!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 15, 2010
7:43 PM

Post #7708902

I don't do Cubits.
I always liked her pictures.

Are they going to have a Cubit reunion to replace DG Round Up's ?

I am headed for at least 3 Rounds Up's this summer.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2010
8:59 PM

Post #7709083

We have incorporated both sites on our RU's.
Some new Cubits members are old banned DG and GW people.
Many old friends have popped up!

Ric
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2010
3:23 AM

Post #7709312

61 -

Details for Friday, April 16
Plentiful sunshine. Very warm. High around 85F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
Evening: A few passing clouds. Low around 55F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.

got to get some work done before it gets too hot.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2010
4:54 AM

Post #7709419

Ric, thanks for the birthday wish! I love the hellebore!

Dyson, it was so windy yesterday I just tried to keep out of it, LOL! Thanks, that was the perfect wish! I absolutely love that picture! May I use it as a screen saver? I'm glad you found the camera! I've noticed a lot of redbuds in the timber on the way to Muscatine. It amazes me that that's where they pop up.

Celia, petals on the ground should be the only snow right now :o) My apple tree really opened up and I was too busy to take pictures. I love the back lighting on the blossoms!

Dyson, Sue's lily is going to be gorgeous. Last year the color salmon caught my eye. This year it's orange. Lily's are always worth planting.

Marylyn, thanks! I've decided to quit wishing the mockingbirds would nest here. I'll go out to the cemetary to listen and watch them fly. Aaawwww, baby bird!

Sunfarm, beautiful dog and I love the petal carpet!

Kiska, it is a pretty snow cover! May it melt and bring pretty flowers!

Pepper, I'm suprised the wind didn't carry you off! That was a good day's work.

Ric, it's suprising how strong the sun is. My shoulders and back got it. I've been putting on sunscreen, but didn't get around to it yesterday. My Dad used to come home from his factory job at 4:00 pm and roof barns and houses till dark. I hardly saw him, growing up.

Thank you Mau! My plants are doing the same growth spurt.

Bernie, glad you found us :o) You're busy as always!

60 and cool. The rain is sliding under us, but we might get clipped later. It won't be enough to wet the garden. My neighbor with all the flowers came over yesterday to look at mine and I went over after dinner to look at her's :o) I bought some white marker flags and started marking the tulips I had to plant single file in the garden. They had grown so close, that when I dug them I didn't know if they were mixed up. They sure were! I had each bunch in a bag of it's own too.

We got groceries yesterday and I forgot to buy cake mixes. It was for saving time, but I like homemade cake better anyway. I made a white cake using the leftover whites from the rhubarb custard pie I had made the other day, and a chocolate cake using up the old can of Hershey's cocoa! Some days it just works out well! Today, everyone comes for pizza, cake and ice cream! Then we keep the Grandkids overnight.

I was up at 5:15 am, but the day always gets away from me!

This early bird took advantage of the newly turned bed!

Thumbnail by billyporter

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 16, 2010
6:02 AM

Post #7709553

Kiska: 40F!-- You are having a regular heat wave! LOL
Pepper: pretty tulips! Hope you had a good birthday, even if you did have to work and fight the wind!
Ric: sorry about the sunburn! I can relate to being sore--I spent a good deal of the day bending over pulling weeds and the old gluteus maximus is telling me about it this morning! LOL
Marylyn: Mockingbirds are Arkansas' state bird. They are plentiful around here. I haven't had any problems with them--no nests close enough for there to be a problem. When I was in high school there was one mockingbird that would dive-bomb our cats--it was extremely frustrating--for the cats, that is!! LOL
Sunfarm: Such a pretty carpet of pink petals!
Celia: pretty photo, even if it is a "cloudy sunset". It's warming up at your place!
Ric: forgot to tell you that the shed is looking great! It's too nice to be called a "shed"--you will have to come up with a better name for it. LOL
Bernie: as Ric said: some old friends have reconnected with us over on Cubits. It's nice to have them back. The RU's continue, as usual.
Dyson: your forecast is similar to ours. Don't work too hard! Love the pics, by the way!
Iowa Sally, you know what they say: "The early bird gets the worm!" LOL Have a good time with the kids and grandkids tonight! So--you made your own birthday cake? Your dad's vintage tractor is great! Love the orange!

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 81. West southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. North northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tomorrow our high will just be in the high 60's.

This is the first bloom this season on the Golden Showers climbing rose and to all our birthday people no matter what day is your birthday: "May all your showers be golden" :o))

Thumbnail by marsue

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2010

Post #7709664

Thanks, Pepper! I can't wait! :-) I agree about the petals being the only snow. It's always a possibility to get snow now but not likely.

We get mockingbirds here but we don't see them very often.

51.6 F with 72 for the high. Today will be much like yesterday.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 26 F
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.06 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 16000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Forsythia yesterday.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 16, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #7709741

The mockingbird is Texas' state bird, too. :-)
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 16, 2010
8:28 AM

Post #7709871

Happy (belated) Birthday .sorry I missed it!
Welcome back Bernie!! I was wondering where you were.
Hope eveyone in Iceland is ok.. that is so scary to be near a volcano! It's erupting is all over the weather channel news this morning.

We are supposed to get rain.. it looks like we are going to get rain.. however, being in Texas one can never be sure! hahaha.. I need to water the garden, & am "itching" to do so, but tomorrow is a 70% chance, so it better rain tomorrow!!! As tomorrow I have plans for the day! hahahahahaha (a bit of a joke somewhere in there!!) hahaha
Love our mockingbirds..but have only seen a few.. but I know there will be more.
I am a bit upset as my area used to be mostly fields & woody areas so we'd get a lot of birds.. but now the city is building a big new road & has taken out most of the fields..just for a stupid road! It hasn't given my community park any better access..we still have only one road to get in & out..I just hope there won't be any tornados as we'd have no chance at getting out in time!!! ( sorry I'm ranting!!)
kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 16, 2010
9:25 AM

Post #7710017

29*F overcast-strong winds forecast-highs to 40*s with mixed snow/rain.
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 16, 2010
9:39 AM

Post #7710056

Oh Kiska... I am sorry!! ... of course Alaska is like that pretty most all year right?? I knew someone once that had a relative in Alaska & when he visited he noticed that they had a vegtable garden.. only the tomatoes had to be eaten in the green stage. As of course they wouldn't turn red. Do you grow tomatoes?
I am just curious, as wouldn't they be bitter to eat? When I lived in Canada we would put the last of the green tomatoes in newspaper & that would make them turn red.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

April 16, 2010
10:41 AM

Post #7710196

It's okay, cindylove:))
Typical April-There has been snow on the ground since October-also typical. The bottom layer, October's snow, is icy. We had the driveway plowed yesterday and that should be the last time till after September.
Things will begin to spring to life in a few weeks. We do grow cool weather veggies; tomatoes seldom grow outside of a greenhouse. With summer highs of 60's, not enough hot weather~we tried several types and times; cherry tomatoes do well for us indoors/sunroom.
I understand what you mean. Most farms here have been transformed into subdivisions.
kwanjin~My only fake flower is a floor vase full of Forsythia branches. It's been my favorite and reminds of my mother's huge shrub she had in California. Yours is great.
marsue~what a beautiful bloom~
Dyson~wonderful forecast. The blossom will be beautiful, too.
bp~sounds like a wonderful day. Cakes sound great. I've just used the last of the frozen rhubarb for cheesecake like dessert. With strawberries, as well.
31*F~winds are beginning.
Stopped for school bus pick-up~

Thumbnail by kiska

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 16, 2010
11:35 AM

Post #7710368

kiska... every one of your photos has the beautiful mts!! hubby took me out to the west coast a few yrs ago & I loved it! (never having been that way before). He was raised in Utah ( no not Mormon haha).. & he says he misses the mts. I can see why.
sunfarm
Irvine, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 16, 2010
12:05 PM

Post #7710443

Loretta, the dog in the picture with the plum petals, is an interesting cross between a chow and a dachshund. He coat looks rather like a seal. Glad I got that picture when I did, because high winds have taken down nearly all the petals--just like pink snow. It was windy this afternoon, but I did manage a couple of pictures even though the bushes were moving around and it was hard to focus.
Hope we get the much-needed rain forecast for tonight.

Thumbnail by sunfarm

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2010
12:46 PM

Post #7710573

cinyllove - have you never heard of "fried green tomatoes"? I know it was the title of a movie but it is also a very good way to utilize tomatoes which are not ripe at the end of a tomato plant's life. And most excellent to eat.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 16, 2010
2:52 PM

Post #7710930

Great lilac and a butterfly!
It's been busy here. The cloud from the volcano has arrived to Romania. The airports are closing here too. I don't know if the Dyson dark from this afternoon was because of the ash cloud.
Happy Belated Birthday Sally and Pepper!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 16, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #7711369

High in the low 60s and spotty rain drops throughout the day. A strong breeze but not as strong as it has been.

Thumbnail by pepper23

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 16, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #7711372

Celia, my forsythia is past blooming and is covered with green leaves now. I wish forsythia bloomed all summer!
Kiska: Sounds like the spring thaw is setting in for you--no more plowing the driveway!
Cindylove: your "city fathers" would call that progress! :o(( Hope you g
Dyson: loved the movie but not so much the real "fried green tomatoes".
Sunfarm: interesting cross, indeed. Would you call that a chowschund or a dachchow? LOL
Adina: so sorry about the ash cloud reaching into Romania and other places across Europe. It must be awful! It is all over the national news here in the U.S.

It was a lovely day here but I didn't get outside today--spent most of the day resting up from yesterday! LOL I'll be out there again tomorrow, though--lots of weeds still out there. :o((
Tomorrow the high is forecast to be 70F which is 10-15 degrees cooler than it was today. The temp sign at the high school said it was 87F this afternoon!! Whew!!

Here's Friday having a romp with the dog next door--a pekingnese named "Boo". They were jumping around so much that it was hard to get a good pic. Boo's owner seems to think he still needs to wear a coat when he is outside, in spite of the warm temps! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 16, 2010
6:33 PM

Post #7711485

Ric, regarding the water gun and mockingbirds - I tried something like that last year with disappointing results. It would just fly to the next yard. They are so loud that even if it is across the street, even with the house fan on and the t.v. going, I can still hear it screeching. Maybe if I was from the South, I would tolerate them more. Than again, maybe not. I am persnickity about noises and I am my own worst enemy in that regard. However, if any of you have any problems with California quail or ruffed grouse (PA state bird), do what you have to do.

If you guys hadn't told me real-life stories about mockingbirds, I'd say that their reputation was severely overrated. I would not be surprised if some day they say that the m-birds out here are a different subspecies. Although the adults have a nice song, they do very little mimicking. They are not very pugnatious, either. I have picked up baby mockingbirds and am living to tell about it, absolutely unscathed, in fact. Mockingbirds seem to like towns. I rarely see any in the wild. They are all over the place here. My parents even commented on how many there are here, something like, "You have tons of mockingbirds." Oh, by the way, when they aren't screeching, they're pecking at my tomatoes or pooping on them or spreading invasive plant seeds or eating my blackberries. They must know I'm not from the South. ;-)

Updated: 5:51 PM PDT on April 16, 2010
70 F
Clear
Humidity: 33%
Dew Point: 40 F
Wind: 7 mph from the WNW

some hiking pictures from today
California wild rose

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 16, 2010
6:34 PM

Post #7711487

A place you wouldn't want to be during a big earthquake. This is natural, not a roadcut.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

April 16, 2010
6:39 PM

Post #7711503

Looks like it's time for a new thread. We are here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1088479/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America