Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Fine Art of Deadheading or Picking Pansies: Deadheading ... a memory maker.

Communities > Forums > Article: The Fine Art of Deadheading or Picking Pansies
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Fine Art of Deadheading or Picking PansiesReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Hope4Blessings
Aransas Pass, TX

April 10, 2010
8:04 AM

Post #7694221

I really enjoyed reading this article. I have been blessed with the heartfelt joy that washes over my soul, upon the experience my sense encounter each time I set foot in any garden. This lovely inheritance I received, in particular, from my maternal grandmother and paternal grandfather. When I read Ms Tenpas' article on the deadheading of her Aunt's pansies I had to laugh out loud. I had a similar experience at about the age of six with my mother's red geraniums that filled the flower box under the front porch window, and again with her nasturtiums when I was about eight or nine years old. I also could not help thinking of Granny Bob's gardening especially the "fairies" she would introduce me to in her Rock Garden ... and of Pappa Speedy's roses, banana plants, and tomatoes.

I remember... the colors, the fragrance and aroma, the taste, the soft velvet of flower petals between my fingers, the morning dew on the moss rose... the warmth of Granny's calloused hand in mine as she shared sage wisdom and inspired fantasy ... the sparkling blue twinkle in Pappa's blue eyes and the soft, deep chuckle in his throat as he held me up to see the miniature banana's hanging in the shade of his garden shed.

Thanks for sharing!
Hope4Blessings
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2010
9:23 AM

Post #7694369

What wonderful memories. I'm glad I could bring you a smile.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Fine Art of Deadheading or Picking Pansies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good reminder Starzz 17 May 16, 2011 8:49 PM
Tending garden in intimate way bolino 26 Jun 10, 2011 8:04 PM
Deadheading considerthelily 6 Apr 12, 2010 11:37 AM
Deadheading.... cattypuss 2 Apr 7, 2010 8:55 AM
Deadheading samscupcake 2 Apr 8, 2010 4:09 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America