uses either of them and what the opinions are. I'm leaning towards the
Kindle.

Pagancat
(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 18, 2010
5:31 PM

Post #7716251

June, did you make up your mind yet? We have the Kindle, an iTouch and one of the Sony's in this house...

june_nmexico

june_nmexico
Albuquerque, NM
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2010
10:40 PM

Post #7717041

No decision yet but I'm leaning towards the Kindle. I definitely don't want
the ITouch but will take a look at the Sony. I haven't heard anything about
that one. My birthday comes up in June and my DH loves to buy electronics
for me so this would possibly be a "hint hint" to him before then!

Pagancat
(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 19, 2010
6:15 AM

Post #7717541

The Kindle is a great machine - and I like Amazon as a service. But with the Kindle, it's the only service, whereas the others aren't dedicated to one place.

The one big advantage to the iTouch is that I can read in bed when DH has turned out the lights, as well as the other applications that I can add on it - it can be used as a small browser, and my weight loss program is on it. DH had a whole plethora of junk on his before he traded it.

But a lot of people prefer the size of the page on the Kindle.

Aren't we lucky to have geeks for DHs?

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
4:50 AM

Post #7838791

Just saw this thread; I hinted for a Kindle for Mother's Day and am enjoying it. I didn't like the idea of an electronic reader instead of a paper book, but I ended up wanting one for the same reason that June mentioned; I am just out of house room for books. They're piled all over the place and in double rows on shelves in most of our rooms, and when I get back from Border's with another stack I have no idea where to put them! I'll still need to buy regular books because not everything I want to read is on Kindle, but I think this will help.
Pagancat
(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 29, 2010
7:36 AM

Post #7839212

I'm having an issue right now - I'm reading "Wolf Hall" - a pretty good sized book, and it's not possible to turn back in order to reference names or events. Annoying. I'm guessing there's probably a search feature that I haven't learned about yet...

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
7:52 AM

Post #7839252

Sheryl, if I think I want to reference something I can make a note of it. But you're right, I would find that very frustrating. I have "Lunch in Paris" and it has recipes; I made notes of them but it's still not very convenient.

Also, if you turn the Kindle off completely it seems to then disable the back button. I called them and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on a software update for it, which they will send to people's Kindles once it's available.

june_nmexico

june_nmexico
Albuquerque, NM
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
8:34 AM

Post #7839348

Your comments are enlightening; things I hadn't thought of.

Not being able to turn back to reference is a biggie. I use
little Post-It markers on pertinent pages as I read because
notes seem to get sucked into some vortex where such things
disappear. I'll have to keep thinking about this because my
birthday is in a few weeks and DH is pressuring for ideas.

I did get two new book suggestions though - "Lunch in Paris" and
"Wolf Hall". ;-) Just what I need -- more books!

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
10:28 AM

Post #7839696

"Lunch in Paris" is very good if you like French cuisine and books about Americans (or Brits) in Paris. I also just finished Fernanda Eberstadt's "Rat," which is about a young girl living a marginalized life near Collioure, on the Mediterranean, and I really enjoyed it. It was available on Kindle before it was issued in paperback, another good thing about that format.

june_nmexico

june_nmexico
Albuquerque, NM
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2010
4:37 PM

Post #7840686

Ah, I just saw a CNET article that a slimmer Kindle is coming out in August.
http://is.gd/cuXeh

My birthday is in June so I may ask for a rain check on my birthday present
so I can check that one out.

Pagancat
(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 29, 2010
7:07 PM

Post #7841091

Yeah, unfortunately I never mark anything for the future 'cause I never know what I'm not going to remember, lol...

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
4:13 AM

Post #7841673

If I were reading a book with a complex set of characters, or especially if they had foreign names that made them hard to remember, I would really have difficulty with the Kindle because it would be too hard to check back to see where they were first introduced. On the other hand, I do enjoy it for most of the books I've ordered for it.
Pagancat
(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 30, 2010
8:05 AM

Post #7842166

*Exactly*. I will say, however, that this is only the second time I've really run into it ...

My DH is using his new iPad as a reader - it's very nice as far as size is concerned.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
8:09 AM

Post #7842178

I was considering an iPad instead, and that's what my kids planned to get for me, but from the reviews it sounded as though if what you really wanted was just an e-reader, the Kindle had the most options in terms of titles, and was also smaller and easier to bring with you.

I already have an iPod Touch, which I love, and if Verizon ever gets iPhones I'll switch to that.
Pagancat
(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 30, 2010
8:21 AM

Post #7842210

I completely agree - it would be way overdone if a reader is specifically what you wanted. The iPad is somewhere between a mega-iTouch and a mini computer.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2010
8:41 AM

Post #7842264

That was my impression from reading about it. And the other thing that made me hesitate about jumping on the iPad bandwagon was that it's usually not the greatest idea to be, essentially, the beta testers for a product.

Still, those lovely ads for the iPad featuring a page from Winnie the Pooh showing Ernest H. Shepard's illustrations in full color were SO tempting!
Pagancat
(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 30, 2010
12:45 PM

Post #7843005

Aw, I didn't see them. Probably a good thing!
treelover3
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2010
8:51 PM

Post #8062521

greenhouse_gal,
I have an iPod Touch and downloaded the Kindle app to it and I love it. I've been reading like a mad man since I got the iPod Touch. It's a great size for taking with you and you can go forward or back in the pages with a flick of the finger. No need to purchase a Kindle or anything else if you have an iPod Touch.
My .02
Mike

june_nmexico

june_nmexico
Albuquerque, NM
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2010
9:02 PM

Post #8062536

Thanks, Mike. I already have an IPod Nano but will check out the Touch.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2010
4:20 AM

Post #8062820

Treelover, I have the iPod Touch but haven't downloaded the Kindle app for it. I read very quickly, so I have the text on my Kindle set to the smallest size possible in order to have the most words on a page, and I think that would be an issue with the Touch. I am now thinking of getting an iPad, though, so that I can check email and websites while traveling, since we're planning a vacation.

June, I love my iPod Touch. Actually I could check my email on that, too, but it would be hard to type much with that tiny popup keyboard.

Sheryl, how portable is your DH's iPad, and would it cumbersome on a plane?
floweringchild
Jamestown, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2011
7:44 PM

Post #8287535

I got the Kindle for Christmas and I absolutely love it!! There are thousands of free books on Amazon.com and I have already downloaded 59 free ones that I really want to read. There are reviews if you are not familiar with the book. Prices start at $.99 and up.

My DIL got a Kindle also. She loves it too.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2011
1:47 PM

Post #8294022

Me too.
Got a Kindle for Christmas and am just learning to navigate. I'm going to love it!
I also made a case for it out of an old blue jean leg that I'd overdyed, preferring to make my own instead of opting for the commercial ones.

Thumbnail by melody
Click the image for an enlarged view.

jimtomczak
Mobile, AL
(Zone 8a)

January 5, 2011
5:18 PM

Post #8294399

Hi, In and around 1997 I started e-book reading with RCA's eBook Reader downloading books from Fictionwise.com Loved it & still use it. RCA sold the thing to a company called ebookwise.com. The first RCA version was $300.00 or so. The new company let us Have the new version for $35.00. Now I have Two, Keeping all new software updates on the new one. They do lots I wish my Kindle could. I've sent 3 books on gardening back to Amazon & they are very understanding about the referencing awkwardness letting me keep the books 2 weeks more with a full refund. With ebookwise you highlight a word or name, you are then offered the choice to see when the name first appears and next appears then just as easy go back to last use, and you are on the page you are reading. So refering back or forward is a breeze. It is backlit it & is touch screen. But I love my Kindel, the ease of buying books,the instant book arrival with wispernet, the pre-order download. AND THE IPAD APP. So when Kindel has ebookwise.coms nice extras it will be perfect. As for the nook I did look, but jeez I have too much stuff. JIMT.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2011
6:37 AM

Post #8320282

daughter got a kindle and she loves it, though the price has already come down since we got it for her... but my wife got an IPad for the same reason and for the $$ the iPad was definitely a better buy... she can hardly put it down. It does SO much more... but still can work just like a kindle if you just want to read something.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2011
3:58 AM

Post #8321779

I got a Kindle last Mother's Day and really liked it, but then I did end up getting an iPad because we were going to France this fall and I needed some way to keep in touch via email and the web. I almost never use my Kindle anymore, although I do use the Kindle app on the iPad. I just like the reading experience on the iPad better. I downloaded Zinio for magazines and that's nice, too. You get full color and can expand the pages with a couple of fingers if you need to make the text larger.
treelover3
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2011
6:02 AM

Post #8374727

Well, I broke down and purchased a Kindle and I LOVE it! Just prior to Valentines Day, Amazon had a special for free two-day shipping on the Kindle. I ordered the Kindle on Thursday, 2-10-11, and I received the Kindle on Friday, 2-11-11. A great deal.

MY iPod Touch is almost full of music and decided I should get the Kindle so I could free up space on the iPod Touch for more music. (I know I need to break down and buy the 64G iPod Touch.)

Between the iPad and Kindle, there is a HUGE difference in price, but the iPad does a lot more than the Kindle. I do like the size of the Kindle (the smaller Kindle). A co-worker has the larger Kindle and she does not really like it because it's so big and clunky to carry around.

If you get a Kindle, you will not be disappointed.

It is true that you cannot buy books from anywhere other than Amazon when you own the Kindle. I purchased a book on another website that said it could be read on the Kindle (and there was even a Kindle download link) and it will not transfer to the Kindle. I can read it on my computer, but that's it.
Mike
floweringchild
Jamestown, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2011
4:19 AM

Post #8380150

I purchased ebooks from a person, not Amazon. He sent it to my computer then I transferred it to Kindle.
My daughter-in-law downloads free ebooks from her public library onto her Kindle.

P.S. I love my Kindle too.
treelover3
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
8:44 PM

Post #8385606

fc,
How do you get the ebooks on your Kindle? The books I purchased are in the Kindle app on my computer (iMac), but when I update my Kindle (I turn on the Wireless) only those books I've purchased through Amazon transfer to the Kindle.

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

floweringchild
Jamestown, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2011
3:44 AM

Post #8385788

Mike,
The ebooks were sent to my email. I saved them on my desktop. Then I plugged Kindle straight into computer with USB cord. Somewhere you have a choice in a drop down menu to put it into Kindle via 2 choices that I can't think of now. I went to my email to see if I could refresh my memory and my yahoo can't load my emails right now. I will look again this evening when I get home.
But there is a way.
floweringchild
Jamestown, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2011
3:43 PM

Post #8387046

treelover3,
Okay I looked in my email and it was a notice from Amazon that this person named Kdmoore that I bought a book from had sent it to my personal acccount. Let me copy and paste. That can explain it better than I can:

Hello from Amazon.com,

kdmoore has sent the following document to your free Personal Document Service account ("name"@free.kindle.com):

You can receive this document directly on your Kindle by connecting to a Wi-Fi network. Alternatively you can download the document to your computer by logging into your Amazon.com account and clicking on the link below:
(the name of the book)
You can then transfer the document to your Kindle through the USB cable.

You can learn more about transferring personal documents to your Kindle in our help pages:
http://www.amazon.com/kindlepersonaldocuments/
If you would like immediate assistance, please contact customer support at +1-866-321-8851 (US customers) or +1-206-266-0927 (International Customers).

Sincerely,
Amazon Kindle Support

It worked for me.
Judy

catlover
Gulfport, MS

March 8, 2011
12:43 PM

Post #8414686

Just had to add--I have a NOOK and I love it. Does anyone else have NOOK or is Kindle the only game in town?
treelover3
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2011
6:24 PM

Post #8457096

Judy,
Thank you so much. I've been so busy I have not had the time to keep up with my thread updates on Dave's. I will give your suggestion a try.
Thanks again for taking the time to help me.
Mike
treelover3
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2011
6:46 PM

Post #8457153

Yahoo! Success!
I am forever in your debt, Judy!
Thanks again,
Mike

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 1, 2011
2:23 PM

Post #8465404

My granddaughter's aunt got her a Nook for Christmas and she hadn't used it, so I bought her a gift card for it. Unfortunately they won't accept her purchases unless she also lists a credit card. She is fourteen and doesn't need a credit card, nor do I want her using mine. This is a very stupid business practice; I don't think the other ereaders have that stumbling block. Now her aunt is out the money for the Nook and I'm out the money for the gift card.
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 4, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8472423

I love my Kindle, I started off with a first gen (purchased when they first became available) I'm a voracious reader and can easily read 4-5 books weekly. After several years of some very heavy use my beloved Dale (kindle) died sometime in the night..I of course, was devastated. I called Amazon to see if some sort of surgery, first aid etc could be given. Imagine my surprise when the customer service rep told me not to worry, a new kindle would be shipped out ASAP. I was thrilled and to top it off Amazon credited my account the amount needed in order to purchase a new cover. LOL either I caught them on a very good day or they happened to glance at the 3000+ books I've downloaded.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2011
4:13 AM

Post #8472943

I'm sure your buying history didn't hurt! They should really just give Kindles away for free; I know my purchases went up when I got mine!
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 5, 2011
5:33 AM

Post #8473064

Between the kindle and the prime membership Amazon has me...and they know it!

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8473080

Me too...my credit card knows it also!
floweringchild
Jamestown, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 22, 2011
3:32 AM

Post #8512843

Don't forget that you can get thousands of free books on Amazon's website. I check it every few weeks because they change their free lists. There are always books on there that sound good. I read the reviews people have left. That helps too. I haven't spent a whole lot of money unless it's a book I really really want and it is not free.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
4:05 AM

Post #8512869

Where do you find the free books? I see some posted on FB but they are almost never books I'd want to read.
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8512907

log on to Amazon and on the left side of the page will be a list of categories you can select. Click on Kindle/ebooks when you arrive at that page on the right side will you see a list with a tab that reads 100 Top Paid/100 Top Free. Click on the 100 Top Free and it will take you to the list of the 100 most purchased free books.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
5:46 AM

Post #8513000

Yes, I have tons of free books on my Kindle. The classics are almost always free...Treasure Island, Sherlock Holmes, Call of the Wild...paid a couple of bucks for the complete works of Mark Twain (I'm reading Huck Finn now) and the entire works of L.Frank Baum (the Wizard of OZ is only the first book in a series)
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2011
6:37 AM

Post #8513107

great place for the classics, my library is about to start having free ebooks as well..won't support a kindle but I can get the nook app (which it does support) on either my phone, Ipod or computer.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
6:46 AM

Post #8513118

They said on the news last night that Amazon had reached an agreement with libraries to let us borrow from them...over 11,000 libraries. The option to search them will be available sometime this summer.
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2011
7:22 AM

Post #8513181

that would be very cool...I love my kindle, I have had a gen 1, gen 2 and getting the dh a gen 3 for his birthday..shusshhh but he doesn't know yet so don't tell.
floweringchild
Jamestown, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 22, 2011
7:46 PM

Post #8514324

Free is my favorite way to go..lol.
My DIL has been getting free ebooks from the book mobile in her area. Now, that is something!
Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2011
1:22 PM

Post #8539620

Ok I am thinking of getting the Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, ( actually my boys will be getting it for me if I want it) what do you all think?

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
1:32 PM

Post #8539644

I LOVE mine!
Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2011
1:38 PM

Post #8539668

What about covers? Do you have one? Do you recomend one?

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
1:45 PM

Post #8539686

I made my own...I started with old blue jeans and over-dyed the denim...then drew out a pattern and sewed it up.

The Kindle is held in place with velcro sticky dots.

Thumbnail by melody

Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2011
2:29 PM

Post #8539777

You are talented!! Me not so much so I will have to buy one. :o)

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
2:48 PM

Post #8539818

It depends on whether you want it to feel like a book, or just want a protective sleeve to keep it in. They have fancy leather covers for $$$, or you can get a perfectly nice cover at WalMart for about $20...or less. I liked the 'book' feel, so made mine so it would have a familiar feel.
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

May 4, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8539906

Tuesday Mornings have very nice covers for $9.99

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
4:07 PM

Post #8539989

Good to know! (we don't have those here)

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 18, 2011
6:29 AM

Post #8571157

What a treat. I was searching for info on a reader for DH for Father's Day. He is notorious for downloading short stories and novellas to the computer and then deciding to print them out for more convenient reading. That is a lot of paper and a lot of trees and you can only add just so much paper to the compost heap!

Looks like the Kindle 3G is the way to go...we already order tons of books and music from Amazon so he isn't a stranger there. GRIN

A question, Can you get gift certificates for downloads for the Kindle, and what is the average cost of the books available?
Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

May 18, 2011
8:13 AM

Post #8571357

I know you can get gift certificates for the down loads but I am not sure on the average price of the books for down loads.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 18, 2011
8:20 AM

Post #8571371

Yes, there are Kindle gift certificates...regular Amazon ones won't work, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it.

It depends on the book as to what it costs...the old classics, Mark Twain, Jack London, RL Stevenson are all either free or at minimal cost. I paid between $7 and $11 for the Stieg Larrson for "The Girl with..." series. I like Greg Bear's SF books and they are between $7 and $11 as well. I downloaded L Frank Baum's library for a couple of dollars, although the individual books are free...but I liked that everything was all tidied up into one package.

Love my Kindle...but am so swamped with other things right now that I won't download anything new...I'll sit up and read all night. Right now, I'm reading Tom Sawyer and since I know the ultimate outcome, it isn't as pressing to get to the next page...but I still enjoy it like a visit from an old friend.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 18, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8571451

Thanks for the info Marie and Melody. I wanted to make sure a Kindle gift certificate would purchase more than just a couple books. Seems like new release and bestseller titles are on a par with printed fare. Also good to know to get Kindle specific gift certificates. Thanks again, Moon
kniphofia
Morpeth
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

June 3, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8606047

I love my Kindle too, one of the best things I've ever bought.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 2, 2011
12:49 PM

Post #8732254

Last year while at my DD house for a month I read the trio "The girl...) on a kindle and liked it very much. Decided for the amount of reading I do I want the books as I like hardcovers.
Now I joined a book discussion club here in our condo and being we have to drive 3/4 hr. for most everything other than groceries I bought the "Kindle" at BJ's quite discounted. Just finished " Mao's Last Dancer" what a beautiful book. Far supercedes the movie which we watched as well as my DD's were visiting. Beautiful. The ease of importing books is soo scary/petrifying/spendiferous. But I do save on gas!Yes?

My quilted kindle cover after seeing Melody's on another thread.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 2, 2011
12:50 PM

Post #8732258

Another cover - with a little shoulder strap.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 2, 2011
2:36 PM

Post #8732426

Ohhh! I love those!

I love my hard cover books and will continue to purchase them, but the Kindle makes it so easy...and so portable! (my first kindle books were 'the girl with' also) I collect antique books and they have a special place in my library, but having a Kindle instead of 4 year old magazines while waiting at the Dr. office is fantastic!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 3, 2011
7:24 AM

Post #8734007

Same here.

I have some signed books and german books I value and collect but will enjoy the e-book very much . My credit card had a considerable dent already.
I wonder if amazon has any e-book in the german language???

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 3, 2011
7:43 AM

Post #8734032

I think you could go to Amazon Germany and find an enormous selection. Each decent sized country has their own Amazon affiliate: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=487250

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

August 3, 2011
8:39 AM

Post #8734120

The problem is getting the books from Amazon overseas. You often can't purchase books or apps from other countries via downloading because of copyright restrictions. If you are registered in the U.S. that limits purchases only to the U.S. However, apps like Stanza, which I use on my iPad, often have classics in different languages; I have some in French. You can also get them on Kindle via the Gutenberg Project - Amazon lists a lot of books that they make available. However, what you can't seem to do is get current novels in from other countries.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 3, 2011
9:40 AM

Post #8734219

Ahhh...I've never tried that. But it does make sense.
Joan
Belfield, ND
(Zone 4a)

August 3, 2011
9:51 AM

Post #8734242

I receive a daily (sometimes a couple if they release free books more than once a day) emails with a list of kindle books just marked free. Sometimes they stay free for a few days, and sometimes only a few hours it seems.

Here's the website if you are interested in signing up. http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/

I haven't purchased a book in a long while and I have nearly 300 waiting on my kindle to be read. You just have to be a bit choosy in downloading the free books and realize that there will always be more coming along. I made that mistake in the beginning, but now I read all the reviews and determine if it's REALLY something that I would like to read, rather than downloading it just because it's free and might not be in a few hours. :)

I do enjoy reading the reviews for different books almost as much as the book itself.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 3, 2011
3:23 PM

Post #8734948

this is soo informative. need to research all this. tu so much- no caps embroiderying while on the comp. kid loved the kindle cover now they want i=pad covers...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Books, Movies, and TV Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs: At the Earth's Core dave 8 Jul 12, 2007 7:54 AM
Harry Potter?? evelyn_inthegar 63 Feb 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Stephen King's Dark Tower gardenwife 40 Dec 20, 2010 9:34 PM
What's The Story With Johnny Appleseed? VGMKY 13 Jul 26, 2008 2:00 AM
Fictionwise FREE ebooks drop 4 May 28, 2007 3:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America