Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Homemade Ground Pepper Spices: Jalapeno Chutney

Communities > Forums > Article: Homemade Ground Pepper Spices
bookmark
Forum: Article: Homemade Ground Pepper SpicesReplies: 3, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
soive2000
Austin, TX

April 12, 2010
5:41 AM

Post #7698950

My mother in law used to make a most delicious chutney using hot and sweet peppers which also included mango and peaches.
The recipe went with her when she passed away and so I do not have it any longer, but it was mighty good stuff to make from all our peppers we grew.

Fun article , thank you.

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7699088

I love chutney...that does sound like it was a delicious combo. Here is a link to a pepper chutney recipe you may want to try; I may try it too. Peaches could be substituted for the raisins.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Mango-and-Red-Pepper-Chutney-109336

Nice to hear from you!

Healthy & Happy Gardening,
Diana
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 12, 2010
2:19 PM

Post #7700262

Diana, do you have a good hot-pepper jelly recipe? I think I had this once on a cheesecake & loved it. No idea how to re-create it, however.

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #7703829

Hi Summer,

Hot pepper jelly does have a lot of good uses; that is one I've never heard of yet! I don't have a recipe, we have only made grape jellies so far. Last year we almost made pepper jelly, but used up our peppers for spices, salsa and several batches of my husband's homemade hot sauce instead ^_^

I looked for pepper jelly recipes in the books I have here, just to see what I could find, and I didn't find much. Probably, because hot pepper jelly is not that popular, it's more a gourmet specialty. Let me know if you come across a good recipe, I would like to try making pepper jelly too. I'm not crazy about the thought of using red or green color in it though.

You may find some recipe ideas in the Dave's Garden Canning, Freezing and Drying Forum, available to subscribing members:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/puttinup/all/

Be well,
Diana

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Homemade Ground Pepper Spices Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Enjoyed reading. ladygardener1 1 Apr 12, 2010 5:59 PM
Very useful info momsdee 1 Apr 12, 2010 5:50 PM
Homemade Pepper Spices Snobear2 3 Apr 27, 2010 1:35 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America