Photo by Melody

Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities: regarding comfrey,

Communities > Forums > Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualitiesReplies: 1, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cjvwm
Portland, OR

April 12, 2010
9:12 AM

Post #7699556

Be careful what you wish for. We moved to a new/older home and comfrey was growing rampantly everywhere. I recognized it immediately, as my in-laws planted it as a for-profit crop, and lived to rue the day! It grows very well in western Oregon and spreads rapidly. So beware, Be ee ee ee ware! (hummm along)

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2010
6:47 AM

Post #7702033

Thanks for the warning, Other readers also report comfrey's agressive nature. Some cultivars, and the Russian variety, are supposed to be less or non self sowing, but take that with a grain of salt. The deep roots of Comfrey make it a very durable plant.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Now I'm even happier... critterologist 4 Apr 9, 2010 6:59 AM
Good info! Sundownr 2 Apr 14, 2010 6:28 AM
Handy for first aid, too! imapigeon 1 Apr 10, 2010 5:36 AM
PROOF WAS IN THE PUDDING docgipe 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:42 AM
I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED docgipe 2 Apr 13, 2010 6:14 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America