CLOSED: 2nd Annual Windchime Swap Page 4

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

*~*~*~*~*~* THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW PARTICIPANTS~*~*~*~*~*~*

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1081062/

I thought it might be getting a little hard for the page to load, so I'll get this new page up and running :)

It's time..time to chime!! :) Are you as ready for spring and spring breezes as I am? Are you looking forward to hearing the soft, tinkling sounds of winchimes? I AM!! So join me as we do our second annual swap of windchimes!

I will take names of participants until February 26th and I'll send out names on the 27th. This is a secret buddy swap, so no one tell whose name you're sending to :) The windchimes will need to be sent by March 19th..please try to keep to that date and no later..

If you'd like to tell us your favorite type of chimes, please feel free..BUT there is no obligation on your buddy's part to get that particular type :) That's part of the fun, to get something new and different..who knows..you might find a NEW favorite by doing so!

My rules are simple:
1. Buy or make your buddy a windchime (let's keep it to no more than $20 plus shipping)
2. Post a picture when you receive your chime..we love seeing all the varieties of what everyone receives
3. Have fun :)

That's it... now who needs a new set of windchimes besides me??

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

The list of participants :)

1. Clancampbell*** Received
2. Synda*** Received
3. FOTV*** Received
4. Jar617*** Received
5. mcrochet*** Received
6. GAgirl1066*** Received
7. Lizrainey*** Received
8. tater55*** Received
9. jordankittyjo*** Received
10. Dimmer*** Received
11. Bettypauze*** Received
12. Abbisgranma*** Received
13. nanniepb*** Received
14. Jxtiger*** Received
15. catbirdsue*** Received
16. purpbutfly*** Received
17. dahtzu*** Received
18. capecodgardner*** Received
19. Elfs_Garden*** Received
20. Flowerfantasy*** Received
21. dardee4*** Received
22. heavenscape*** Received
23. greenwood46*** Received
24. Robynznest*** Received
25. Rainy_Jane

This message was edited Apr 19, 2010 8:20 PM

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new room Chris! Are you getting settled into your new place?

Very slowly, I am.. :) I put together my new computer chair yesterday and will work on the desk itself tonight..I was TOO tired to try to focus on that ordeal.

I was just showing off on the Birthday club thread some furniture that I want to try to get. I fell in love with this little loveseat and it has two matching chairs with it. But it's about 60 miles from here, so not sure when I'll get over there to see it or if it'll still be there! If it's meant to be, I guess it will :)

What are you up to today?

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

That is so pretty! Love the blue fabric!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Love the love seat Chris.........."SOMEDAY" I will have new livingroom furniture.........LOL.Baby sets,that what we tell ourselves......LOL.

Thumbnail by synda
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

You're making progress, Chris, that's the main thing. Keep plugging along unpacking one box at a time and you'll eventually get there. We share the same philosophy about seeing that special something and thinking "what will be, will be". How many times have I gone back, often weeks later, and brought the big "it" home.

Speaking of "it". LOL synda! If DH can't bandage it with duct tape or loosen it with W-D40, it's history. Are you sure that's not him as a baby?

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might be !!!!!!!!!!!! Are you sure that it's not one of your kids while you were away and he was in charge ??????????

Thumbnail by synda

Good morning all! I love the duck tape pic..Glen was the same way..anything could be fixed with it and if it couldn't, pitch it! lol..

Well, it wasn't meant to be..I got an email that she sold the set after I had asked about it..oh well, no biggie! Turns out it was BLACK and not blue like the pic looks..I wanted it in blue lol..

I put together my new bookcase last night..tonight I tackle the new computer desk..I opened up the box last night and decided to put it off LOL.. but I did find my wireless router, so was pretty excited about that :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Chris, that's too bad, was a lovely set...aren't you just amazed at what you can accomplish on your own..remember when Roger passed on, thought how would I cope, now I'm into tools, woodworking and will attempt anything..what's the worse that can happen???? you might end up having to pay someone to do it, majorityof the time though you'll be successful..congratulations on the trying and doing part..

( Kris) Smiths, AL(Zone 8a)

Hey all!! We are busy here re-doing the fairy garden and working on the new Gnome garden. . We have got simply huge hostas growing in the new gnome garden and I am trying to get the ferns moved to thier new homes in the new fairy garden location. The fairy garden will be 4 times bigger than the last location and will have all kinds of neat stuff.
I am sooo excited about the new salad / herb garden. It is smaller than last year,, however I think it will work better for me in the long run.
I still have not hung all the chimes out there,, but I will get there. I am very busy and getting outside more. I have to thank Synda and Linda/ taters for that,, they really helped me though a very bad patch last year.

Elf
aka
Kris

Pic is of the new fairy garden area....

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Kris, glad we could help you out! Anything for another Gardening Sistah! (((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Waiting for pictures of the new fairy and gnome gardens!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Finally I have the camera charged and am where I need to be to take pictures of my windchime swap package. So sorry I have been late but life has been extremely busy as is everyone else is at this time of year.

It is to bad I can't capture the sound the shells make when the breeze is blowing.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

Marion, those are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the photo's!

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

I recieved a very lovely pkg from Dimmer a hummingbird windchime 3 iris tubers(cherubs smile) and 3 pretty pkts of seeds(cardinal vine,english daisy and columbine).
charging up the batteries in camera so I can post a photo later Thanks so very much for the thoughtful pkg you sent .

Cathy

Hey Marion, if I can't bribe those shell chimes, would you at least take me to the beach?

Well, I don't live very close to the beach BUT I sure do know the way!! LOL When do I expect you?

Oh how I can relate to the insomnia Kris. I have been bothered with it lately--wish I knew why or than being female. LOL

When I knock on your door, Marion.....LOL

Isn't it awful...sleep a couple hours and sorta nap the rest of the night? My best sleep usually starts around 5 AM then I have to drag myself up. And yes, I blame it on Mother Nature. What the heck did I ever do to tick her off?

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

Chris, can you find out the name of manufacturer of that furniture? then maybe you can locate another set. its worth a try.

i've been weeding and mulching and planting gardens at my house and my dad's. nothing glamorise, but most of all Ive sitting on my porch listening to my windchimes every chance I get. beautiful, soothing sounds.

I want gnomes. I wonder if there is a gnome swap?

mcrochet hosted a Fairy / Gnome swap last Summer and may have another one this year if we can twist her arm:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1012478/

Exactly! and most of the women I , then when i go to bed, I sleep till 3am and cant go back to sleep. and from 7 to 10am is when i get my best sleep. but who can do that?

menapause is not for the weak! Looks like we'd be given a break after so many years of keeping up with everything all these years.

Right on! And we still have to keep up every day...cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry! You name it. Men just don't have a clue.

Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL(Zone 9a)

You might just twist my arm for a gnome swap. :) Especially since grandson claimed all of mine for his gnome garden. Give me a little while and I'll come up with a thread for it and get some interest going in it.

can't wait to see Goober's new garden Elfie.

Oh good, Marion. At least I didn't have to come down there and twist too hard. Or else I might have thrown my back out :)

Well, I got a box today, and I could not figure out why Marion sent me a box of goodies! I was so surprised as I opened the box and saw the windchimes, and garden sign!
I will start with the garden sign, It says all things grow with love! I think everyone knows I love my hummers!

Thumbnail by taters55

Next I will show you the windchime.
It is so pretty, and I love the sound of it in the wind! I already have it outside!

Thumbnail by taters55

And the last windchime is so cute. They all add to my collection of windchime, and I will t hink of Marion, when I hear them! It says, "My friends have made the story of m y life" That is so true. The butterflies are raised, and it looks like they are sitting on it.
Thank you so much! I truely was surprised. I did not realise I had not recieved my windchimes. I had so much fun, watching everyone else reveal thiers!

Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Aren't you one lucky swapper...look at those goodies..bet they are out in the gardens already...

laughing here LindaKay, I'm so like you, I just enjoy watching everyone get their goodies and forget if I've gotten one or am getting one..lol

Regardless it's fun!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Boy Linda Kay those are beautiful........now if you have too many just send them on my way........yeah right,a girl can wish can't she .......LOL.

Lovely LK! If I ever get around to painting rocks, that's two more Garden sayings I can use. Don't you just love bamboo chimes? The one I have came from rockette last year, so soothing.

Hey, not so fast synda...lol That Tiki Hut has my name all over it.....if I just had a little beach. Bet Dimmer really likes that one too.

Great sayings! Good things come to those who wait, right?

Such adorable stuff! And that tiki hut is too cute :) Another swap with no one getting duplicate chimes..it's amazing the variety of chimes that are out there!

Well, only one more to go and this swap will be completed..wow..

Everyone have a good evening and great tomorrow!

One day at a time, and before you know it, it will be all done!

i worked outside all morning and no one would know it if they looked. little, piddley stuff.

And, I was cleaning up the porch this morning and found a gnome riding on a turtle's back and honest to Pete, I don't know where I got it. Not to hurt anyone's feelings...I'm just blank. its so darn cute! it was on the bottom shelf of a table along with a fat frog from Linda Kay from another swap.

They are magical!

Humm, you leave your gnome door open? The travel through the inside of trees and it might have just caught a ride on the turtle to see you.

nannie, it may be from me also? I just don't remember what I sent!

Linda Kay, I know you sent me a big, fat frog when we did the 1st windchime swap, but I don't remember where this guy came from. lol. isn't that horrible?

maybe it was a birthday presant.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one to do that..find something and wonder where the dickens it came from LOL

I dmailed the last buddy who was supposed to send to Jane, but after the first dmail saying she was going to mail it last weekend, I haven't gotten a confirmation that she did or didn't. Hopefully she'll get in touch with me soon and let me know if she's going to send something or not. I last wrote her on the 19th asking whether she sent it or not..

Hope everyone has a good weekend..
Chris

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.