Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: 2nd Annual Windchime Swap Page 4

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 114, Views: 925
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2010
9:15 AM

Post #7699562

*~*~*~*~*~* THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW PARTICIPANTS~*~*~*~*~*~*

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1081062/

I thought it might be getting a little hard for the page to load, so I'll get this new page up and running :)

It's time..time to chime!! :) Are you as ready for spring and spring breezes as I am? Are you looking forward to hearing the soft, tinkling sounds of winchimes? I AM!! So join me as we do our second annual swap of windchimes!

I will take names of participants until February 26th and I'll send out names on the 27th. This is a secret buddy swap, so no one tell whose name you're sending to :) The windchimes will need to be sent by March 19th..please try to keep to that date and no later..

If you'd like to tell us your favorite type of chimes, please feel free..BUT there is no obligation on your buddy's part to get that particular type :) That's part of the fun, to get something new and different..who knows..you might find a NEW favorite by doing so!

My rules are simple:
1. Buy or make your buddy a windchime (let's keep it to no more than $20 plus shipping)
2. Post a picture when you receive your chime..we love seeing all the varieties of what everyone receives
3. Have fun :)

That's it... now who needs a new set of windchimes besides me??

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2010
9:16 AM

Post #7699567

The list of participants :)

1. Clancampbell*** Received
2. Synda*** Received
3. FOTV*** Received
4. Jar617*** Received
5. mcrochet*** Received
6. GAgirl1066*** Received
7. Lizrainey*** Received
8. tater55*** Received
9. jordankittyjo*** Received
10. Dimmer*** Received
11. Bettypauze*** Received
12. Abbisgranma*** Received
13. nanniepb*** Received
14. Jxtiger*** Received
15. catbirdsue*** Received
16. purpbutfly*** Received
17. dahtzu*** Received
18. capecodgardner*** Received
19. Elfs_Garden*** Received
20. Flowerfantasy*** Received
21. dardee4*** Received
22. heavenscape*** Received
23. greenwood46*** Received
24. Robynznest*** Received
25. Rainy_Jane

This message was edited Apr 19, 2010 8:20 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 12, 2010
9:26 AM

Post #7699585

Thanks for the new room Chris! Are you getting settled into your new place?
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2010
9:31 AM

Post #7699601

Very slowly, I am.. :) I put together my new computer chair yesterday and will work on the desk itself tonight..I was TOO tired to try to focus on that ordeal.

I was just showing off on the Birthday club thread some furniture that I want to try to get. I fell in love with this little loveseat and it has two matching chairs with it. But it's about 60 miles from here, so not sure when I'll get over there to see it or if it'll still be there! If it's meant to be, I guess it will :)

What are you up to today?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 12, 2010
9:33 AM

Post #7699611

That is so pretty! Love the blue fabric!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #7700729

Love the love seat Chris..."SOMEDAY" I will have new livingroom furniture...LOL.Baby sets,that what we tell ourselves...LOL.

Thumbnail by synda

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2010
7:42 PM

Post #7703913

You're making progress, Chris, that's the main thing. Keep plugging along unpacking one box at a time and you'll eventually get there. We share the same philosophy about seeing that special something and thinking "what will be, will be". How many times have I gone back, often weeks later, and brought the big "it" home.

Speaking of "it". LOL synda! If DH can't bandage it with duct tape or loosen it with W-D40, it's history. Are you sure that's not him as a baby?

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2010
8:17 PM

Post #7704006

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might be !!!!!!!!!!!! Are you sure that it's not one of your kids while you were away and he was in charge ??????????

Thumbnail by synda

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2010
6:17 AM

Post #7704568

Good morning all! I love the duck tape pic..Glen was the same way..anything could be fixed with it and if it couldn't, pitch it! lol..

Well, it wasn't meant to be..I got an email that she sold the set after I had asked about it..oh well, no biggie! Turns out it was BLACK and not blue like the pic looks..I wanted it in blue lol..

I put together my new bookcase last night..tonight I tackle the new computer desk..I opened up the box last night and decided to put it off LOL.. but I did find my wireless router, so was pretty excited about that :)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 14, 2010
12:34 PM

Post #7705474

Chris, that's too bad, was a lovely set...aren't you just amazed at what you can accomplish on your own..remember when Roger passed on, thought how would I cope, now I'm into tools, woodworking and will attempt anything..what's the worse that can happen???? you might end up having to pay someone to do it, majorityof the time though you'll be successful..congratulations on the trying and doing part..
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 15, 2010
3:17 PM

Post #7708267

Hey all!! We are busy here re-doing the fairy garden and working on the new Gnome garden. . We have got simply huge hostas growing in the new gnome garden and I am trying to get the ferns moved to thier new homes in the new fairy garden location. The fairy garden will be 4 times bigger than the last location and will have all kinds of neat stuff.
I am sooo excited about the new salad / herb garden. It is smaller than last year,, however I think it will work better for me in the long run.
I still have not hung all the chimes out there,, but I will get there. I am very busy and getting outside more. I have to thank Synda and Linda/ taters for that,, they really helped me though a very bad patch last year.

Elf
aka
Kris

Pic is of the new fairy garden area...

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
6:57 PM

Post #7708751

Kris, glad we could help you out! Anything for another Gardening Sistah! (((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Waiting for pictures of the new fairy and gnome gardens!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

April 16, 2010
9:34 AM

Post #7710039

Finally I have the camera charged and am where I need to be to take pictures of my windchime swap package. So sorry I have been late but life has been extremely busy as is everyone else is at this time of year.

It is to bad I can't capture the sound the shells make when the breeze is blowing.

Thumbnail by abbisgranma

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 16, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #7710069

Marion, those are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the photo's!
catbirdsue
Arnett, WV
(Zone 5b)

April 16, 2010
1:44 PM

Post #7710710

I recieved a very lovely pkg from Dimmer a hummingbird windchime 3 iris tubers(cherubs smile) and 3 pretty pkts of seeds(cardinal vine,english daisy and columbine).
charging up the batteries in camera so I can post a photo later Thanks so very much for the thoughtful pkg you sent .

Cathy

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2010
8:21 PM

Post #7711697

Hey Marion, if I can't bribe those shell chimes, would you at least take me to the beach?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

April 17, 2010
8:06 AM

Post #7712431

Well, I don't live very close to the beach BUT I sure do know the way!! LOL When do I expect you?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

April 18, 2010
8:50 AM

Post #7715052

Oh how I can relate to the insomnia Kris. I have been bothered with it lately--wish I knew why or than being female. LOL
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2010
5:50 PM

Post #7716299

When I knock on your door, Marion...LOL

Isn't it awful...sleep a couple hours and sorta nap the rest of the night? My best sleep usually starts around 5 AM then I have to drag myself up. And yes, I blame it on Mother Nature. What the heck did I ever do to tick her off?

nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 18, 2010
5:57 PM

Post #7716315

Chris, can you find out the name of manufacturer of that furniture? then maybe you can locate another set. its worth a try.

i've been weeding and mulching and planting gardens at my house and my dad's. nothing glamorise, but most of all Ive sitting on my porch listening to my windchimes every chance I get. beautiful, soothing sounds.

I want gnomes. I wonder if there is a gnome swap?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2010
6:11 PM

Post #7716358

mcrochet hosted a Fairy / Gnome swap last Summer and may have another one this year if we can twist her arm:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1012478/

nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 18, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #7716372

Exactly! and most of the women I , then when i go to bed, I sleep till 3am and cant go back to sleep. and from 7 to 10am is when i get my best sleep. but who can do that?

menapause is not for the weak! Looks like we'd be given a break after so many years of keeping up with everything all these years.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #7716636

Right on! And we still have to keep up every day...cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry! You name it. Men just don't have a clue.
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010
7:41 PM

Post #7716675

You might just twist my arm for a gnome swap. :) Especially since grandson claimed all of mine for his gnome garden. Give me a little while and I'll come up with a thread for it and get some interest going in it.

can't wait to see Goober's new garden Elfie.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2010
8:00 PM

Post #7716728

Oh good, Marion. At least I didn't have to come down there and twist too hard. Or else I might have thrown my back out :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 19, 2010
11:08 AM

Post #7718396

Well, I got a box today, and I could not figure out why Marion sent me a box of goodies! I was so surprised as I opened the box and saw the windchimes, and garden sign!
I will start with the garden sign, It says all things grow with love! I think everyone knows I love my hummers!

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 19, 2010
11:11 AM

Post #7718411

Next I will show you the windchime.
It is so pretty, and I love the sound of it in the wind! I already have it outside!

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 19, 2010
11:15 AM

Post #7718423

And the last windchime is so cute. They all add to my collection of windchime, and I will t hink of Marion, when I hear them! It says, "My friends have made the story of m y life" That is so true. The butterflies are raised, and it looks like they are sitting on it.
Thank you so much! I truely was surprised. I did not realise I had not recieved my windchimes. I had so much fun, watching everyone else reveal thiers!

Thumbnail by taters55

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 19, 2010
11:38 AM

Post #7718459

Aren't you one lucky swapper...look at those goodies..bet they are out in the gardens already...

laughing here LindaKay, I'm so like you, I just enjoy watching everyone get their goodies and forget if I've gotten one or am getting one..lol

Regardless it's fun!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 19, 2010
1:24 PM

Post #7718715

Boy Linda Kay those are beautiful...now if you have too many just send them on my way...yeah right,a girl can wish can't she ...LOL.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2010
2:39 PM

Post #7718847

Lovely LK! If I ever get around to painting rocks, that's two more Garden sayings I can use. Don't you just love bamboo chimes? The one I have came from rockette last year, so soothing.

Hey, not so fast synda...lol That Tiki Hut has my name all over it...if I just had a little beach. Bet Dimmer really likes that one too.

nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 19, 2010
5:34 PM

Post #7719351

Great sayings! Good things come to those who wait, right?
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2010
6:23 PM

Post #7719521

Such adorable stuff! And that tiki hut is too cute :) Another swap with no one getting duplicate chimes..it's amazing the variety of chimes that are out there!

Well, only one more to go and this swap will be completed..wow..

Everyone have a good evening and great tomorrow!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2010
6:48 AM

Post #7723730

One day at a time, and before you know it, it will be all done!
nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 23, 2010
12:32 PM

Post #7730462

i worked outside all morning and no one would know it if they looked. little, piddley stuff.

And, I was cleaning up the porch this morning and found a gnome riding on a turtle's back and honest to Pete, I don't know where I got it. Not to hurt anyone's feelings...I'm just blank. its so darn cute! it was on the bottom shelf of a table along with a fat frog from Linda Kay from another swap.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 23, 2010
12:45 PM

Post #7730483

They are magical!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

April 23, 2010
12:58 PM

Post #7730519

Humm, you leave your gnome door open? The travel through the inside of trees and it might have just caught a ride on the turtle to see you.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 23, 2010
1:02 PM

Post #7730528

nannie, it may be from me also? I just don't remember what I sent!
nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 23, 2010
3:37 PM

Post #7730861

Linda Kay, I know you sent me a big, fat frog when we did the 1st windchime swap, but I don't remember where this guy came from. lol. isn't that horrible?

maybe it was a birthday presant.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 23, 2010
7:13 PM

Post #7731375

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one to do that..find something and wonder where the dickens it came from LOL

I dmailed the last buddy who was supposed to send to Jane, but after the first dmail saying she was going to mail it last weekend, I haven't gotten a confirmation that she did or didn't. Hopefully she'll get in touch with me soon and let me know if she's going to send something or not. I last wrote her on the 19th asking whether she sent it or not..

Hope everyone has a good weekend..
Chris

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2010
7:50 PM

Post #7734241

Can I hijack your thread for a minute, Chris, and let everyone who's interested in a June swap, From My Neck of the Woods interest thread is open:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1090936/

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2010
8:35 PM

Post #7734373

Geez.. LK.. you got some enviable windchimes there!!!
Maid M did good, didn't she? Of course.. being a perfectionist!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 25, 2010
5:30 PM

Post #7736646

Now Elfie, can we all think on that subject a moment...Some people have things going on in their lives that are sometimes more prioritized than other things.And sometimes innocent people become the victims to self centered people. Even though you and I have separate views on the good Lord we both know that people will answer whether it be to the Lord or in their own reputation here on earth and/or both.

Thumbnail by synda

rainy_jane
Hanson, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 25, 2010
8:47 PM

Post #7737254

Hi,
Just checking in to say... I am still in the land of the living. Sorry I haven't felt like being on the computer much but... there's not a day go by that I don't think of you all!

Elfie...thanks for your thoughtful words and for caring enough... to even wonder about or care if I had received my windchime or not.
I all too well know from my own eperiences how unplanned things can come up in our lives... whether it be health related or a unexpected financial emergency that arises...that causes a delay in getting our swap gifts sent out so...with all that being said and understood, I have complete faith that just as soon as my swap buddy is able to...they will send me the most beautiful and spectacular windchime ever imaginable!

jane

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 26, 2010
5:24 AM

Post #7737828

saving the best for the last!

Jane how you doing girl? We do miss you when your not posting.
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 26, 2010
7:45 AM

Post #7738317

Jane,, I do know about how life gets in the way,, Life got in my way for over a year resently. ( darn car accident and the depression because of accident) So I am sorry if I sounded to harsh,, maybe some guilt here from a certain box that never got mailed last year??? The darn thing is still on my living room table. And It has the postage on it!! The post office refuses to send it because I did not mail it out with in 2 weeks of printing the lable and it was for a large flat rate box!! So here it sits,,, I am trying to get themn to refund the original shipping so I can buy new postage for it..
Anyway I do hope you get yours soon,,
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 26, 2010
8:42 AM

Post #7738531

Susan, of course you can hijack the thread and that new swap sounds like it'll be a fun one! I need to go back over and read it again..I think it's one I'll be joining :)

I've written Jane's buddy twice now and haven't heard anything from her on the last dmail. Was told through the grapevine that the chime was sent last Friday.
Believe me, I'll take care of our Miss Jane if she doesn't receive it. It's one of the unfortunate parts of our swaps that sometimes people join with the best of intentions, then for whatever reasons never do their part. But it is remembered by those involved and that's too bad. I didn't have this problem with my first chime swap, so guess I should count myself lucky that it didn't happen before.

Anyway..hope everyone is doing well and that life treats you with gentleness. I probably won't be online for a couple of days..Wednesday is the first anniversary of Glen's passing and I plan on just taking the day to myself and allow myself to grieve. I had hoped that this swap would be finished before this date arrived, since he passed away during my first chime swap, but guess that wasn't meant to be.

hugs to everyone
Chris
rainy_jane
Hanson, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2010
8:59 AM

Post #7738586

Why Miss Linda... are you implying this little ol gal from Kentucky is the best?

Elfie you didn't come across harsh in my opinion...it's hard to hear the softness and understanding that's in one's voice from reading the typed words of a statement made...on a computer screen.
As far as the guilt thing goes...girlfriend knock that monkey off your back. That's what I have to do. Send your buddy a dmail explaining what happened...just like you explained it to me...and I'm betting my bottom dollar she'll be understanding of your situation... and then just as soon as you can afford to do so...send her the box. It will be a wonderful gift that I bet she had already marked up to not going to receive.

So you see now you both will be winners! Her by receiving a long forgotten about swap gift and you by completing a swap and getting that horrible monkey of guilt off your back! That ol' monkey's a bad thing! He'll pull you down and make you feel just horrible every chance he gets.
You can still continue to take the refund thing up with the postal service. Just keep the lable you have already printed...actually you don't even have to do that... just go to your history page of the USPS site and print out a record of this unused postage. This is proof enough and should be all you need to prove that it was never used.

BTW Linda..I knew you were referring to the windchime and not me...I just wanted to mess with your mind a bit! :-)

Have a good one,
Jane
rainy_jane
Hanson, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2010
9:22 AM

Post #7738654

Miss Chris...don't you even think about "taking care of miss jane" as you put it. I have so many wind chimes now that it sounds like I have a grand symphony orchestra playing horribly off key in my back yard as it is. So no worries here.

Chris enjoy your day remembering Glenn and all the memories the two of you made together... but don't forget to let those that also loved him and those that unfortnately never knew him... but love you so dearly... into your day to share your grief as well.
I will be there for you...maybe not in person but you will be in my thoughts and heart. You will never really be alone when you have as many people that care about you.. as you do here on Daves.
We will give you your day alone...but expect you back on Thrusday...OK?

jane
nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 26, 2010
1:04 PM

Post #7739277

it's called real life. and we can't beat ourselves up if our best laid plans go amuck. it happens. i don't think anyone asks for those changes in plans.

Chris, I hope you had a day of celebrating his life and the times you shared together as opposed to grieving his loss. that's easier said than done, I think, but I guess what i'm really saying is i hope it was full of smiles and not tears.

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 27, 2010
4:22 AM

Post #7741125

Well I never knew I could do that!! I will send out that poor beleagured box today!!! But I am not telling her. I want it to be a surprize!! Thanks!!

Chris, I hope you know I will be thinking of you tomarrow!! Try remember each and every wonderful minute you had with Glenn and That way you will feel a little better.

I want to tell you a funny/sweet story. My grandma passed 10 years before my Grandpa. At her grave side service a goose strolled up to my Grandpa and nipped him on his butt. After a brief silent shock the minister looked at Grmpa and said " Well I guess luccille if trying to tell you she is here and will nip you butt if you misbehave". Gramps told that story to everyone. When he passed we were again having the graveside funeral, grandpa was a retired army first sergent. So there was a 21 fun salute. Just before the men started, firing two geese soared over the casket and landed 10 feet away.
They just stood there though the guns firing, Then gave two huge honks and flew away. I have never seen those two gese since that day. But everytime I see or hear the geese flying north or south I think of my Grandma and Grandpa!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 27, 2010
4:59 AM

Post #7741258

Kris, that is too funny! Amazing how things happen like that!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 27, 2010
7:33 AM

Post #7741748

Kris, that is a wonderful story.. thank you for sharing it with us :) I'm going to do something tomorrow in Glen's memory and try not to dwell on the sadness. I'll be back soon..
rainy_jane
Hanson, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 27, 2010
10:18 AM

Post #7742240

Kris...what a beautiful story! Call me crazy if you want...but I'm just betting Grandpa had something to do with that.

jane
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2010
3:23 PM

Post #7743032

Oh, Elfie, that gave me goosebumps!

Thinking of you, Chris {{{HUGS}}}

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 27, 2010
3:28 PM

Post #7743045

Grandpa probley had everything to do with it,,,lol. I miss him.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2010
4:14 PM

Post #7743159

Cherish your memories of him, Elfie. I never had the opportunity to know either of my Grandmothers. My Mom's dad took off when she was 3 years old, the baby of 12 kids, and she never saw him again. My Dad's dad was the only Grandparent I ever knew and I swear he was an ornery old codger who died at 97 years young when I was a teenager.

nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 27, 2010
7:27 PM

Post #7743773

Great story, Jane.

its cold in TN. Old man winter thinks he's making a come-back!. they're saying FROST

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 28, 2010
6:13 AM

Post #7744698

Cold and windy here as well, glad I didn't have the sides/top of the gazebo on or I might have found it in the next county...

My grandparents raised me, couldn't have asked for anything better...nothing like a grandparent...I'm most thrilled with having 4 grandsons to spoil...now my turn to give back!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2010
1:54 PM

Post #7745886

Thinking of you, Chris.
Hugs.
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2010
1:57 PM

Post #7745896

Have been thinking about you all day Chris...let us know how you are doing when you feel like chatting again. love ya. ((((((((((((hugs))))))))
Marilyn
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2010
4:54 PM

Post #7746361

You've been on my mind all day, Chris. Take as much time to yourself as you need.

nannie, This is the third straight night they've called for frost, the last two were wrong. Tonight's prediction is 33 and unfortunately after watching the weather, they just might have it right and I'm hoping with high's in the 80's and lows in the 60's starting this week-end we're finally out of the woods. Wasn't this the worst Winter for us on the East Coast?

nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 29, 2010
10:19 AM

Post #7748532

we didnt get the frost either, but the chill is 'hanging on' today. or I can't seem to warm up. there's much to be done outside, but the ground is too cold and too wet.

I guess I'll hang on DG and read about herbs and morning glories ; )
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 29, 2010
11:18 AM

Post #7748714

Hi everyone.. I'm here and doing ok. I had planned on spending the day yesterday by myself, but my DD had other ideas. She came over and we went up to the Quad Cities and did some shopping..spent most of the day there. After we got back, I went over to my apartment and spent the evening alone. Let myself cry some, but decided that it wasn't what Glen would want..so I made myself a margarita and thought about our fun times and good times. So, I'm ok...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 29, 2010
11:46 AM

Post #7748769

Glad your back Chris. Nothing wrong with having a margarita and thinking of good times! Hope you had one for me?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 29, 2010
11:56 AM

Post #7748786

That's a girl Chris! Doesn't do anyone any harm to let a tear fall from time to time..it's the goodtimes that gets us through it...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 29, 2010
12:39 PM

Post #7748909

LK, I had one for you and a couple of others LOL..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2010
1:39 PM

Post #7749021

hmmm, by chance was my name on one of those? If not, we just might be able to have one together and actually clink our glasses :)

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2010
1:44 PM

Post #7749028

nannie, forgot to mention we had a scant of frost this morning, just on our windshields. Hope you've warmed up, we made it to 72 and is such a beautiful day.
nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 29, 2010
2:03 PM

Post #7749073

I hope she had several for me.

I'd like to have a margarita or 3, lol. Living in a dry county doesn't help either. I did have a beer one night on the way home from the hospital.

its 72 here now. the wind is still cold. 84 tomorrow. then rain the next 3 after that. ugh.
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 29, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #7749172

Chris, I thought about you all day yesterday,, ok not all day but parts of it. ( hard to think of anyone when you are sick,,,sigh), I am glad you had your DD to help ease your day and equally glad you had time to yourself to rejoice and shed a tear over the man you loved sooo much.
uhh, it is hot as hades here and I am wishing for a little coolness. But I feel a little better with each hour that passes!! Saltine crakers are my newest best friend...lol So that is something to be thankful for!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 29, 2010
7:17 PM

Post #7749927

Glad your feeling a little better. How is Ralph doing?
Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 29, 2010
11:21 PM

Post #7750346

Ralph is doing better than me I am worse again,,uhhgggggggg..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 30, 2010
4:54 AM

Post #7750516

Just repeat after me, I am feeling better, I am feeling better!

Sorry your not feeling good. Make sure you drink plenty of water, and get your rest!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 30, 2010
11:54 AM

Post #7751566

Elf..you sure don't deserve to be sick again! I hope you and your Ralph get over this quickly!!

Fruitie Susie..ummm..yes, it had your name..but I sure would love to have one with you when I get to Virginia for the round up!!

Now, nannie..I don't think living in a dry county should stop you from partaking :) I grew up in a dry county in TX and we always found a way to get drunk..I mean, a way to LEGALLY buy alcohol by going to the next county LOL.

Well, unless Jane posts today that she got her windchime, I have to assume that her buddy reneged on her part of the swap. That's all I'm going to say about it, but guaranteed that's not all I'm THINKING!

But keep your eye out next week, Jane..I'm betting that a package will come knocking on your door :)

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 30, 2010
4:49 PM

Post #7752346

Well ,If my opinion counts...I think if anyone reneges without at least an explanation on any Swap,Trade...Etc. should be given a negative review on their home page.

Thumbnail by synda

Elfs_Garden
( Kris) Smiths, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 30, 2010
5:13 PM

Post #7752422

sigh,,,

This message was edited Apr 30, 2010 7:14 PM
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 30, 2010
9:05 PM

Post #7753085

Synda, that little dog just about says it all, doesn't he?? LOL.. I got such a chuckle out of that pic!!

I've been meaning to tell you that I really enjoyed talking to you earlier this week..and look forward to talking again :) hang in there!!
nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 1, 2010
3:11 PM

Post #7755022

Chris. I blame it on living in a dry county. but I really don't drink much anymore.
once I was put on coumadin, I was told I wasn't suppose to. and not too long ago, my Dr said once in awhile, a drink wouldn't hurt me, but the truth is, that when I drink, the alcohol dehydrates the blood in my feet and legs so much that it makes me crazy! uncomfortable. maybe that's neurapathy. or part of restless leg syndrome. it takes a few hours for the feeling to go away. So, IF I have a drink, I drink 3 or 4 times more water, which defeats the purpose, so whats the purpose, hahaha

on memorial day, I will have had a bottle of tequila, the seal unbroken, for 4 years.
that s*cks too. lol.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2010
6:07 PM

Post #7755499

Alrighty then, Chris, you and I have a date!

Hubby and I are leaving for our annual camping trip for a week starting Memorial Day and I'll be thinking about you, nannie, and that aged bottle of Tequila the next morning when I'm casting for Catfish and Large-Mouth Bass. Around here the nickname for Tequila is "kill ya".

rainy_jane
Hanson, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 2, 2010
6:42 AM

Post #7756520

Ah yes Fruity it will "kill ya" that's for sure...and for Jagermeister it's... "yesa master"..if ya know what I mean!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2010
11:38 AM

Post #7760521

Jane, a package was sent your way today by Priority mail..so be on the lookout :)

Hope everyone has a great week and spends some time outside! I took a short walk during my lunch hour and it was so nice outside!! If it's still that way when I get off work, I think I'll head over to Crapo Park for a longer walk :) Pronounce that Park with a long sounding A and O LOL.. Kraypoe.. :-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 3, 2010
11:47 AM

Post #7760554

What a name for a park. Sure hope it looks prettier than it sounds!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2010
12:37 PM

Post #7760701

It's named for one of the founding fathers of Burlington LOL.. that's why I pointed out how it REALLY is pronounced :)

And it's beautiful.. can't wait for all the flowers to bloom..I'll post a couple when I get to my home computer of some pics I took last fall.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 3, 2010
2:18 PM

Post #7760950

ROFLOL Chris, the tax assessor in the county I moved from last name was Crapo.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #7761891

Ok, here's one of my pics of KRAYPOE park :) lol...

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2010
7:13 PM

Post #7761903

One more .. I need some more now that everything is getting green again..

mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2010
2:42 AM

Post #7762433

Beeeeuuuutiful Chris! loves the 'changing' of the green. Bet spring is beautiful there too.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2010
7:04 AM

Post #7762901

Beautiful park Chris!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 4, 2010
7:09 AM

Post #7762915

What a nice park, sounds as though you are feeling much at home already!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 12, 2010
7:15 PM

Post #7788308

Has anyone heard from Rainy_Jane? I sent her a dmail on the 7th as she should have received the package that was sent on the 3rd, but I've never gotten a response back. Do any of you have a way to contact her besides the dmail? I want to make sure she got her windchimes.

thanks! Got to turn off the computer..wonderful lightning and thunderstorm going on and it's REALLY close to the house!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2010
7:20 PM

Post #7788323

Maybe she went to Japan to get the chimes that was to be intended for her to begin with...

Hoping and praying she is well !!!!!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 21, 2010
9:49 AM

Post #7813786

Bumping this thing... where did everyone go?? I still haven't heard from Jane yet about her package.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #7814685

I was wondring about that today...if you had heard from her.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2010
7:00 AM

Post #7816367

Hey Synda, How are you doing?
nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 22, 2010
9:19 AM

Post #7816759

we're all on the porch listening to our chimes.

actually...its been cold here again. rain. but temps are warming up again. next week it's hoe, hoe, hoe.

hope everyone is doing well.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 1, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #7849019

Has anyone ever heard from Jane ??????????????? Hope she is OK !!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 1, 2010
3:30 PM

Post #7849628

I have not seen her posting in a while!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #7850240

It's been a month since I sent her a package and I've dmailed her twice..never heard a word. The confirmation number shows that it was delivered..it's just not like her not to acknowledge it..I don't know what to think.
If I haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks, I'll close this swap out anyway..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 2, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7851302

Don't you hate it when a DG member goes missing...do you know anyone she gabs with via telephone that could inquire?
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 6, 2010
8:06 PM

Post #7865468

Good news, everyone! I heard from our missing Rainy_Jane :) She said to tell all of you that she's had massive computer problems and not to give up on her, as she will be back to DG eventually. She also said that she did receive the package that I sent her, since she has never gotten anything from her buddy. She loved all the items I sent and I'm so glad for that!
I checked the tracking number given to me for her other package and it shows that it's still in Japan.. well, at least she got a windchime and didn't get left out :)

So.. Jane is fine and said to tell all of you hi :-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2010
8:27 PM

Post #7865547

That is great news!
Thanks for letting us know.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2010
10:04 PM

Post #7865707

That is Glorious news...I am so happy !!!!!!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 7, 2010
5:19 AM

Post #7865994

Hey girl, how are you doing?
You are so missed by everyone here. You need to bring your smiles, and pictures back here.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 7, 2010
8:49 AM

Post #7866621

Wonderful to be all accounted for...
nanniepb
Cumberland Mtns, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2010
3:13 PM

Post #7888496

i think most of you have my address. if not, I'm on yahoo with this same name.

I was listening to all my chimes yesterday morning...it's been a blast. I enjoyed almost every minute of it. =)
its been fun.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 14, 2010
8:04 PM

Post #7889389

Sorry to hear your leaving us! We will miss you!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 15, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #7890140

You are always welcome...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2010
7:15 AM

Post #7890219

Awww.. sorry to hear that you're leaving us :( you will be missed on here..take care of yourself. I know you have my regular email, so I hope you'll keep in touch :)

Hugs being sent to you!

When Dave was told to desist, I read alot of the thread on this site..but it was sooo negative that I had to stop. And not just negative towards the company, but against DG in general and they even started turning on each other! They were even accusing some of the members of being spies for the company :) I mean, seriously..get a life! I decided I just didn't need that kind of crazy stuff in my life and quit listening to it.

Ok, that's my tangent for the day..
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2010
11:40 AM

Post #8057452

I have decided to close this thread out...thanks for participating everyone!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 23, 2010
8:08 PM

Post #8058440

Hey Chris, what month do you wanna host our next windchime swap? My cherry tree is affectionally known in the neighborhood as a "friendship tree" since that's where the windchimes I've received are hanging. It still has naked branches, so to speak, and is just itching to add more chimes like I am :)

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 24, 2010
9:22 AM

Post #8059327

I'll have to ponder that question!! Keep an eye out on the list of swaps thread :)
the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 11, 2010
9:16 PM

Post #8093900

I would love to participate in the next wind chime swap. I make chimes from oyster and moon snail shells. :)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2010
9:52 AM

Post #8094643

Pony, that sounds too cool!! We'd love to have you :) I'll put the link in here for the swap thread.. bookmark it and watch for the upcoming swaps. When I've gotten it figured out, I'll put up a notice in there with the link to the new swap.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1120631/
the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 12, 2010
3:14 PM

Post #8095220

Bookmarked it. Thank you! :)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America