Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Seeing Spots Hosta Virus X: Just in the nick of time

Communities > Forums > Article: Seeing Spots Hosta Virus X
bookmark
Forum: Article: Seeing Spots Hosta Virus XReplies: 3, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Caedi25
Kirkland, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 12, 2010
10:14 AM

Post #7699742

Marna!
Cannot thank you enough for your research and DG for re-publishing it. We're paying a lot more attention to our little woodland shade garden this year but have only one hosta to our name so far - a rambunctiously healthy Samuel Blue. I love the look of hostas-when-grouped so I've identified some specific cultivars to add, particularly the heavier tissued, slug resistant types, as we Pac Norts are in slug heaven out here. I'm on the hunt for them (the hostas, not the slugs...) right now, so am VERY glad to have encountered your article before making new purchases rather than after!
Best to you!
Katy

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2010
10:30 AM

Post #7699776

Thanks Katy! Glad I could help!
Caedi25
Kirkland, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 16, 2010
10:46 AM

Post #7710214

It gets better! Just stopped by (as if any of us "just stop by") a wonderful nursery waaaaay out in the boondocks, and found this place to be stuffed with stunning, healthy plants. I inspected every leaf, per your article. Came away from my "just-looking" foray with three new family members - A Krossa Regal, a Love Pat (honestly didn't think I would be able to find this cultivar!) and, my impulse buy, a Gold Standard. Was going to stay away from the varigateds as they apparently like at least a little speckled sun, but then the sun itself (yes, it actually does shine in Western Washington on occasion) showed me the perfect spot...

Again, I thank you and my new hostas thank you!
Best, Katy

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2010
11:21 AM

Post #7710329

Oh I just LOVE Gold Standard. It's a stunner at my Mom's house. Not so much in my yard yet.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Seeing Spots Hosta Virus X Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent, informative article! rcn48 10 Jul 4, 2008 1:36 PM
DON'T PANIC...so true! Great article. largosmom 0 Jun 9, 2008 11:58 AM
Thank You heathrjoy 0 Jun 9, 2008 6:52 PM
Tassel Ferns from Bloomin Designs Nursey blueyes221 2 Apr 12, 2010 8:42 AM
great article taynors 2 Apr 12, 2010 9:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America