Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities: Comfrey - Blast from the past!

Communities > Forums > Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualitiesReplies: 2, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
passedtimes
Minneapolis, MN

April 12, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #7700817

Thanks for the memories.

My Mother use to make a cream with comfrey that I would use on my babies' bottoms to clear up diaper rash. I am now a Granny and wish I had the recipe for our latest babe.

She also had some planted that we fed to our rabbits. We turned the pigs out and they cleaned all the roots up. May not be a good solution for a city bed, lol.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2010
6:58 AM

Post #7702068

Thanks for those interesting comments! I wonder if the rabbits and pigs knew there was something extra good in the comfrey for them. Some other readers have warned that comfrey will grow rampantly; I agree though that the pig solution may be hard to handle for many gardeners these days!
purty
La Verne, CA

July 2, 2010
8:44 AM

Post #7937812

passed times, I have found that mothers' breast milk is unsurpassed at preventing or clearing up diaper rash. Just a little squirt at diaper change, and the baby will never experience diaper rash at all.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Now I'm even happier... critterologist 4 Apr 9, 2010 6:59 AM
Good info! Sundownr 2 Apr 14, 2010 6:28 AM
Handy for first aid, too! imapigeon 1 Apr 10, 2010 5:36 AM
regarding comfrey, cjvwm 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:47 AM
PROOF WAS IN THE PUDDING docgipe 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America