Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Snobear2
Saco, ME

April 12, 2010
8:24 PM

Post #7701097

A very interesting article. And I imagine helpful too. I've grown chilies for years and never did much with the abundance once the
neighbors refused more: except the usual; pickle the jalapenos and dry the thin skinned ones. Dummy me! I never thought of making my own rubs! My husband will be delighted ( I spend alot on different seasonings and rubs.) Thank you for the article and the suggestions for combinations. Happy Gardening!

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7702103

It took us several years of accumulating dried hot peppers in jars, before realizing how easy it was to grind them up for use in spices. You and your husband will love having your own home-made, ground pepper handy, especially for BBQ foods!

All the best and Happy Gardening to you too :-)
Diana
Snobear2
Saco, ME

April 26, 2010
9:44 PM

Post #7740887

Wind: Thank you for your reply! Now, to come up with some exotic combinations...hahaha. I have tried making jalapeno jelly, and it turned out rather well. My Hubby is a grill fiend: so I'm really experimenting with blends now.
Always have to give him something new to experiment with. Hope the weather changes soon. We have a weeks worth of 60's-70's; then back to the 40's. Plus our nights are still frosty. I have all these little green babies just waiting to get
out in the sunshine.

Happy Sunshine days to you.

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2010
1:35 PM

Post #7742751

Snobear, did you do anything special to make your Jalapeno jelly? We are going to try and make some this year. There aren't many recipes around for it since it is not your typical jelly. I'm thinking we probably won't use any food coloring, just leave it the natural color.

Have fun with your spice blends!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Homemade Ground Pepper Spices Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jalapeno Chutney soive2000 3 Apr 13, 2010 7:09 PM
Enjoyed reading. ladygardener1 1 Apr 12, 2010 5:59 PM
Very useful info momsdee 1 Apr 12, 2010 5:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America