Photo by Melody

Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges': Must add to my want list

Communities > Forums > Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges'
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges'Replies: 1, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 13, 2010
3:26 PM

Post #7703282

I just added these plants to my want list. Now just to find them. Will they grow in full shade?
rcn48
Lexington, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 14, 2010
1:20 AM

Post #7704238

They will grow in full shade but they won't be as full and will tend to get leggy. I initially thought they preferred more shade but have found they perform much better with at least half a day of sun. If you're looking for one for shade, try Euphorbia amygdaloides f. purpurea http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/97547/. Just beware this one self sows and pops up everywhere in the gardens! I actually like some of the spots where it's found a new home. This year it's popping up through the Rubus calycinoides http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/81725/, a combination I wouldn't have thought of but they work beautifully together :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges' Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very well presented article pirl 7 Jan 26, 2008 2:11 AM
Lovely Shrubs debnes_dfw_tx 3 Jan 28, 2008 5:52 PM
Wow, I'm impressed! darius 7 Jan 26, 2008 8:12 PM
Oh mercy.... Chantell 2 Jan 26, 2008 1:51 AM
Talisman Tiger? bearroadie2 6 Apr 20, 2010 10:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America