Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities: Comfrey, healing herb

Communities > Forums > Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualitiesReplies: 1, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sshort
Kansas City, MO

April 14, 2010
12:19 PM

Post #7705440

I designed and tended the medicinal herb garden for a living history village. A volunteer showed me a Recluse spider bite that she received after cleaning a cabin several days before. Her doctor had treated it and stated all that could be done was to keep the enlarging ulcer clean, covered and free from infection. It would take at least a month to heal and then she would have a dime sized scar. I gave her several large hairy leaves from my comfrey plant, told her to pound the leaf, apply it to the wound, cover it and change the leaf every day. The next week she showed it to me, It was completely healed and no scar. It took only three days to reduce inflammation and start healing. Her doctor was amazed. I am a firm believer in herbal medicine to supplement traditional doctor care.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 14, 2010
1:26 PM

Post #7705584

That's a great first hand report! Recluse bites are very scary. Thank you for sharing.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Now I'm even happier... critterologist 4 Apr 9, 2010 6:59 AM
Good info! Sundownr 2 Apr 14, 2010 6:28 AM
Handy for first aid, too! imapigeon 1 Apr 10, 2010 5:36 AM
regarding comfrey, cjvwm 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:47 AM
PROOF WAS IN THE PUDDING docgipe 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America