Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Garden Talk: New bees chit chat - come on in!! 04/17/2010

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 304, Views: 1,263
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2010
9:51 AM

Post #7712634

Spring has sprung! Tell us what's going on in your garden... Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1081413/

Come on in...

Direction for free seed here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Bed for newbies here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Jan's Seed Auction here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036526/#new

The high priestess and her Loyal followers Brug sprout off contest
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Click the image for an enlarged view.

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2010
10:42 AM

Post #7712731

HA! ME FIRST?

Al
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 17, 2010
11:34 AM

Post #7712843

I am second!! Thank you for the new thread - loads much faster. I don't have much in the way of patience.

Been outside for a couple of hours - 53 degrees, wet and windy, but I have stuff to do. I want this project finished by the end of next week, so gotta go...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 17, 2010
11:42 AM

Post #7712869

Me, third... Warm here , probably in hi 70's

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2010
12:30 PM

Post #7712981

Glad you all found it - lol...

Low 90s here all weekend then a chance of rain mid-week. I sure hope so - we need it.

RRM - I pulled those plants out of the PP pot - lol. They do look like some type of wandering jew. Potted them up so we'll see what happens. They were growing like gangbusters in the peat bog. Thanks for the bonus plants, whatever they may be... Gonna put the S. minor I got from seray with your PP. Hopefully I will be able to keep them happy over the summer under the garden shade - fingers crossed. I don't think the heat will bother them so much as long as I can keep them humid.
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 17, 2010
2:21 PM

Post #7713215

How are all the seed junkies today?

I have some of Mit's irises blooming too ;-) This is "My Kayla"

Thumbnail by Mitt

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 17, 2010
2:51 PM

Post #7713272

Hi Mitt, Those are just beautiful. Are they the first ones to bloom this year?
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 17, 2010
2:57 PM

Post #7713284

Hi Jan. Yes, they're my first to bloom in the New Jersey garden this year. But, I'm sure I'll have a lot more.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 17, 2010
3:05 PM

Post #7713305

I'm sure you will have many more but was wondering if these were just early or the normal time for yours to bloom there. It is still a little early for ours yet. My old timey ones are beginning to bloom but not my pretty ones. Of course they do have big buds in them though.
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 17, 2010
3:12 PM

Post #7713331

This clump of irises is a Standard Dwarf Bearded. They're the first to bloom. The others bearded varieties will follow and the tall bearded will start to bloom in a couple weeks. My peak for the blooms are the 2nd and 3rd week of May here.

Everything is on schedule here
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 17, 2010
3:59 PM

Post #7713446

HI Everyone
Mitt I see buds on some of your irises here haven't got a clue which is which lost my planting chart somewhere but I'll find out when they bloom. I do know where 2 of them are for sure though.

Been outside most of the day mid 60's here and windy but sunny got rain overnight but not enough for one of my projects.

Tomorrow I start cleaning the baby chick pen up to it will be ready for the new arrivals coming Tuesday or Wednesday.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2010
4:27 PM

Post #7713521

Beautiful Irises Mit! I'll have to snap a pic this afternoon. Smoked Gouda is blooming - 3 blooms on a single stalk and 2 more about to open. It's a beautiful color I never would have thought I'd like in a flower.
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 17, 2010
4:43 PM

Post #7713565

I like the unusual coloring of Smoked Gouda add the way it multiplies and its a winner in my book. I'm trying to cross it this year and see what I can create.

Looks like those irises are happy living in Phoenix, Kelly
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 17, 2010
4:57 PM

Post #7713592

Here are some of my flowers blooming now.Certainly not as georgeous as yours Mitt, these are the old timers. These are so common around here.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 17, 2010
4:59 PM

Post #7713602

This is some kind of dogwood. Some call it a japanese dogwood but it has another name, I just can't remember.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 17, 2010
5:01 PM

Post #7713609

Here are some of my azeleas in bloom.

Thumbnail by mekos

Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 17, 2010
5:14 PM

Post #7713653

They appear to be the historic irises. They look very healthy Jan.

I know where you can get some nice modern irises my friend.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 17, 2010
5:44 PM

Post #7713708

You are so sweet but I'll pass, not much time left for gardening. But would love to see pictures of yours as they bloom. They are one of my favorite flowers. Thank you little buddy.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 17, 2010
6:56 PM

Post #7713894

Those are some beautiful iris guys! I don't even have buds - I really thought at least one would bloom for me this year - it sure don't look like it is going to happen. They ought to be awesome next year! I have peach, purple and white - all NOID. I got a Vicotria Falls in a trade and another heritage NOID. I can't wait to see them bloom - I love irises!!!

The only things I have had bloom so far this year are daffodils, hyacinth and allium. Waiting on everything else - but not very patiently!..

Still working on the yard - I may never get done. It just won't stop raining; we have at least two more days of this before any chance of a dry day.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 17, 2010
7:06 PM

Post #7713914

Sorry Lori, we were suppose to get rain this morning but I never saw any. At least the rain washes away the pollen. My paper whites are blooming now.
My fancy bearded iris and others are budded out and may bloom in a few more days. The common ones are white and some blue/purple and some deep purple almost black. I can't wait for the others ( iris) to bloom out, it will be so pretty then. Then hopefully the daylilies will start another show. I have all colors of those too. I feel like a kid in the candy store waiting for blooms.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #7713960

Love the blooms mekos!

Mit - that Smoked Gouda is growing like gangbusters... I think it has increased 3-fold since I planted it. Beautiful! I'll be awaiting your cross experiment with that one! The Irises will be way happier once I put them in the ground, but they seem happy right now in the pots... I have 9 in a converted litter box - lol... Planned to toe them in for a short period and there they still sit.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 17, 2010
7:33 PM

Post #7714001

arejay i put that picture on the old link if you want to seeit please go back over there yhanks nettie it took 15 minuts to load won.t ask son to do that again.
jar617
Dellroy, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 17, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #7714094

Lovely blooms!!!!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 17, 2010
8:36 PM

Post #7714154

have some skips in my hostas anyone know where i could find some small not to pricy ones please tell me.little nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 17, 2010
9:00 PM

Post #7714249

Mitt, love the irises, so pretty! The few I have aren't even close to that! Mine are just now starting to peek thru the ground.
Nettie, love the tree peony!
Only thing we have were a couple of pasque flowers so far. Cherry tree does have huge buds now, tho, and I have 1 hyacinth getting close.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 17, 2010
9:17 PM

Post #7714283

thank you skellogg, every thing here is going almost to fast needs to slow down just a little if we get a late frost the big oak trees mill drop all those new green leaves i will be like fall all over again would not like doing that again one time is plenty for me. love nrttie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010
9:05 AM

Post #7715094

Hey peeps, today is Tubby's birthday...

If you're watching Tubby, Happy Happy Birthday!!

Thumbnail by locakelly

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 18, 2010
9:08 AM

Post #7715100

Happy Birthday Tubby and many more sent your way...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 18, 2010
10:55 AM

Post #7715279

Happy Birthday Tubby we have a beautiful day here on your special day. Hope you get spoilt rotten today from those who love you.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 18, 2010
12:13 PM

Post #7715440

Happy Birthday Tubby!! Have a great day!

Al
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
12:36 PM

Post #7715489

Happy birthday Tubby. Sure missed you around here. Hope you are enjoying your special day! HERE is to YOU!

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
12:41 PM

Post #7715496

Nettie, if ya want to start some from seeds, I have some seeds for some blue hostas you can have. Just let me know. Be glad to share. I Just can't go and be digging stuff right now.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010
2:40 PM

Post #7715704

Here is smoked Gouda...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010
2:40 PM

Post #7715706

Stunning...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010
2:42 PM

Post #7715711

And here is the newest addition to the family... She does not have a name yet - she's barely 8 weeks.

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010
2:43 PM

Post #7715714

Yankee is not too sure what he thinks about her yet...

Thumbnail by locakelly

seray53

April 18, 2010
2:43 PM

Post #7715715

Happy Birthday Tubby! Hope you're doing well.

Love the pics!

Hugs to all!
seray53

April 18, 2010
2:48 PM

Post #7715733

Love the Smoked gouda Loca! So Pretty!

Cute puppy. Poor Yankee doesn't have a clue how much his life has changed. LOL

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 18, 2010
3:15 PM

Post #7715794

The puppy is so cute. Is she going to be Yankees' new wife??? So sweet!!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010
3:28 PM

Post #7715899

Yup, it's Yankee's wife, but I'm not so sure he's for this arranged marriage - lol. I think he's a little jealous too so lots of extra scritches for him;o)
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
4:41 PM

Post #7716129

Loca, so cute puppy. Adorable! I love the iris also. Remember the iris that I showed which bloomed all fall into winter? Here she is again opening right now.( Also in the picture I sent Tubby for his birthday)

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010
4:46 PM

Post #7716138

That's a beautiful Iris mekos. Seems it's happy at your place the way it blooms and blooms!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
4:52 PM

Post #7716149

Thanks girl. I love it and it does bloom all the time. Don't have a clue at it's name though. I have one named circus clown but it has never bloomed at all so I'm hoping this year will be it's year to show off. I got it 2 years ago. Some of them has big fat bloom pods but just not peeking through yet. I can hardly wait.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
4:58 PM

Post #7716160

Seray, I went looking into pots for my Amorphs. and found bulbs swelled so I think they are about to start popping out. Some already are up but most are still sleeping. How are yours doing?
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 18, 2010
4:59 PM

Post #7716165

Jan
I think your iris is Autumn Circus. It's one that they call a rebloomer. It should bloom in the Spring and again in the fall for you. There are a number that will bloom spring and fall depending upon the zones.

It certainly is a beauty!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
5:07 PM

Post #7716183

WOW. Thanks Mitt. I thought autumn circus was in another place and never saw it bloom. I can't believe I been looking all this time and it was under my nose. It does bloom multiple times clear up until freezes. In February several buds froze when we got a hard freeze and it finally died off till now and here it goes again. Well, thanks for finding it for me. Had a calla lilie blooming today too.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010

Post #7716185

Now you may have a name for it! It's beautiful either way.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
5:18 PM

Post #7716204

Hey Loca, you know we were talking about lantannas a while back when you thought a yellow flower of mine was one? Well I got an orange/yellow one trying to open now. It was in the pot with my gloriosa lily when I put it in the greenhouse and must have had some seeds to fall into the pot because a few days ago I pulled the pot out and it was there growing and looking good and today it has a bloom opening up. In a day or so when it opens good I'll show you. I need to get it planted in the garden but can't right now. My pond plants are looking good in the molded ponds I kept in the greenhouse. One pond has bog plants in it that I ordered from dragonfly aquatics plant place. They didn't bloom last year but maybe this year they will surprise me. I don't remember their names. I'll have to take a picture and go look on their site to find the names I guess.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2010
5:24 PM

Post #7716218

I bet that lantana is pretty. You have to bring them in there, huh? They are very frost tender. Mine will freeze in the winter - the leaves will be all black and it will be blooming away - lol...

Thumbnail by locakelly

seray53

April 18, 2010
6:08 PM

Post #7716347

I've been peeking at the amorphs Mekos. Some are starting to wake up. I keep whispering "not yet, not yet". lol It's in the 50's here at night and I think it's too cold for them. Three black ruffle EE's starting to come back. I may have some after all!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
6:58 PM

Post #7716548

Great Seray! Mine were in the greenhouse so they got an early start but it's warm here now.It is usually in the upper 50's at night and 70-90 in the day time. Got a jack in the pulpit growing already outside in ground, I was shocked to see it with a full leaf about 4 inches tall and was out all winter in ground. My solomon seal is up and about to bloom. Job must not be too sad because I only got 1 jobs tears up right now. Now Loca
I don't bring my lantannas in for winter, that one just tagged a ride with the lilies that I didn't want to chance leaving out. But the ones in ground won't bloom for another month. The reason this one is now is because it grew in the greenhouse. My outside ones are just popping their little heads out of the mulch. They are hardy here, just slower to sprout because of our weather.My bachelor buttons are blooming. These sprouted in my yard not the flower bed.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
7:01 PM

Post #7716556

Here is a blue one and last year I had some so red they looked black but that one hasn't bloomed yet this year. Must be deeper under the mulch.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
7:06 PM

Post #7716572

Have a beautiful day everyone. Night John boy, Good night everyone. Long day tomorrow.

tubbytee
Ames, NE
(Zone 5b)

April 18, 2010
7:22 PM

Post #7716623

Thank You ALL for the Happy Birthday's

Tubby
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2010
7:29 PM

Post #7716642

HI TUBBY!!!!! Waveing madly! Hope you had a great day. Good night now. I'm off.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 19, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #7717624

Happy Belated Birthday Tubby! Hope you had a great day!
Love the pictures of all the irises! I only have a few of the purple NOID, and they are just starting to poke their heads out. Not even close to blooms yet, lol. So many pretty ones! How to choose? The wish list is still growing, lol.
Most everything here is still sleeping, and I'm sure that we will have several freezes still before spring is actually here for good.
Gotta head to the post office first thing to check on tomato plants. Hope they are ok after their long trip, Al. Hope they are finally here!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 19, 2010
9:43 AM

Post #7718177

Al, Thanks! Tomato plants arrived, and are getting a drink now. They look great despite the long trip! So happy to have them!
Mitt, your irises are so pretty! Mine are just starting to peek out of the ground. Only have the purple ones that everyone has, but thanks to your pictures, the want list is growing! lol
Does anyone have any extra morning glory seeds? Due to our hard freeze last August, I couldn't collect any, and I just have to plant more this year to hide the neighbor's stuff!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 19, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #7718731

Skellogg, I have plenty you can have and so many colors. BUT they are mixed in the packs because I collected them for me to replant and I have so many coming back I won't need to replant and I have several packs that are new and never been planted. Really rare kinds too.LOL So d-mail your address and I'll share with you. Will help me find homes for stuff. I just have too much for me to plant and the seeds will go to waste if someone don't take them. Let me know.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 19, 2010
2:41 PM

Post #7718852

HI Everyone
I'm having a lazy day todan just can't seem to get moviated to do anything productive.
Charleen got the corkscrew willow and the white wisteria today. Thank you very much for sharing.
Lost another 2.5 pounds and 3 more inches not bad considering I'm swelled up some due to the rain moving in plus the change in exercise time. But do believe I better go back to eating more food SIGH think I slowed the calorie burning down when I didn't eat as much. But good news is the BMI number really jumped to a lower level.

I'm off to check how my plants are faring without me hovering over them today. Probably just fine I just like to kid myself they need lots of attention when they just need a little bit here and there.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 19, 2010
3:21 PM

Post #7718939

Mindy, you are doing great! I wish I could hold up to go. I went and took a tour of our Curves gym and it looked like torture to me. I couldn't get out fast enough to suit me.:( Had a panic attack thinking of all that PAIN I was already in and what those machines would do to me. Had a melt down. You hang in there and it sure will help you. I have a friend doing it and she is doing good.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 19, 2010
5:45 PM

Post #7719373

Thanks for the encouragement Mekos. The Curves here let you pace yourself and if you can't do a machine or board exercise you can skip it. Long as you do 30 minutes they are happy. There's one lady who only does the machines skips all the boards and does them SLOW LOL Then there;s another lady I think is in her mid 60's who moves even faster than I do puts me to shame but I know better than to try keep up with her I'd be tripping all over my feet if I did. I'm not too upset with just the 2.5 pounds since my total for 3 months is 15 lost and 15 1/2 inches lost. And there's a new month started LOL

Nite all I'm tired today for some reason probably that lazy day I spent before the exercise LOL
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 19, 2010
8:52 PM

Post #7719957

mekos thays so nice of you but ive never started any from seed. i got one at walwart today it will work fine i can get 2 plants out of it. it looks like rabbits but not sure, you would think these fat dogs would chase critters out of the yerd. but i guess not.just love them all anyway. love nettie have a good day everyone.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 20, 2010
4:20 AM

Post #7720290

Morning All - We're off to Arizona today, hope to be in Phoenix by 1:45 PM. I'm not taking my computer, but will check in a time or two during the next 10 days. Will take lots of pictures for you peeps. See ya all later. Nice day for a flight here.

Al
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 20, 2010
4:43 AM

Post #7720325

Oh Al, I am such a dork! I thought you were going to TX. I bet AZ is dry - gonna rain off and on all week here. My neighbors gave DH 1 Porter tomato and 2 Little Porters last night; I had sent him over with four o'clock seeds I had saved. They do not even compare to the plants you sent, pretty pathetic lookin' when you compare the two. You are officially the bestest tomato maker ever! Have a great trip - will be looking forward to your pics.

Thumbnail by enidcandles

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 20, 2010
8:48 PM

Post #7722813

Happy belated birthday Tubby.. We love you and hope you are feeling well.. Mitt nice to see you ...Thats a sweet lil dwarf iris you have pictured there..Heres a picture of Iris "Dancers Edge"

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 20, 2010
8:52 PM

Post #7722825

This is iris "Maripose Autumn"

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 20, 2010
9:02 PM

Post #7722850

mekos i guess i could try some seed but you would need to give me some instructions you know how it is if you have done smothing before. i like doing things from seedif i kinda know what im doing. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 20, 2010
9:08 PM

Post #7722872

huneybunch that iris is outstanding i like the colors. love nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 20, 2010
9:50 PM

Post #7722981

Love the maripose autumn, and the dancer's edge is so feminine and delicate looking! Very pretty! That settles it, going to have to get more irises! All envious again, lol! Have a great time, Al, and looking forward to seeing all the pictures!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
4:47 AM

Post #7723377

Thank you all.. I can truely say I have never enjoyed any thing more than I am enjoying my iris garden... This is iris "young at heart"

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
4:53 AM

Post #7723389

This is "spicelord " Compliments of Mitt What a NICE guy he is to have shared irises with so many of us... We love you Mitt...

This message was edited Apr 21, 2010 6:54 AM

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
4:58 AM

Post #7723400

This dark beauty is "Matt McNames" Its nearly black in the buds...

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
5:05 AM

Post #7723414

ok last one,I dont want to hog the forum...this is "neon at dusk"

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 21, 2010
5:25 AM

Post #7723475

Wonderful pictures huney! That settles it, will definately have to plan on putting in the iris bed this year, even if I have to take on another job to pay for it! They are just so pretty! How on earth do you pick a favorite? lol
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 21, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #7723571

I wish Mitt was my friend!! Wow, you all have some beauties! I love irises - I have a couple that are going to bloom this year - I am so excited. I really didn't think anything would bloom since I just replanted this past fall. If any of you end up with spares, keep me in mind please. I only have 5 different ones and would love to have more!!

Off to play outside - everyone have a great day!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #7723573

Lol you dont you just love them all.. This is "kings Ruby" another of Mitts irises.. Its a beautiful garnet color my birthstone..I just cant capture how pretty it really is on camera...

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 21, 2010
6:26 AM

Post #7723652

I feel exactly the same way, Enid! I need more! I have a few of one kind, the old purple variety that everyone has, and only have a few of them! I will be watching threads with an eagle eye to see who will be dividing theirs!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 21, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #7723763

Oh, Skellog, have I got a deal for you! I made an iris nursery for the winter but want to use the troughs I put them in for something else this spring. I have planted all of the peach iris I can stand! That's what I have NOID peach - want some?? Please! I don't want to just toss them!

Anyone else NOID peach iris up for grabs - get 'em while I got 'em - don't make me go to the iris forum!! LOL

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 21, 2010
7:34 AM

Post #7723858

I thought you said You didn't have anything. I'll take one, Lori.
I'll trade that yellow noid I got for your peach one.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 21, 2010
7:47 AM

Post #7723884

Ok, so I lied! I really didn't mean to..I am pretty sure I offered these to you guys last fall and no one was interested then. Or...maybe I forgot to offer them, I am not real sure! So, they are like chips, you can't have just one! How many do you want? I probably have 25 or so up for grabs.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 21, 2010
8:10 AM

Post #7723935

Just a couple or three. You forgot or either we forgot and were into something else.
tubbytee
Ames, NE
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2010
8:30 AM

Post #7723987

I would love to have some...

Tubby

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 21, 2010
9:46 AM

Post #7724185

Tubby, you want one of my yellow iris too???

enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 21, 2010
9:47 AM

Post #7724192

No problem Tubby - I will get them out to you soon. I will send everyone a Dmail when they are on their way. Anyone else? I have plenty.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 21, 2010
9:53 AM

Post #7724208

WooHoo! Irises! You bet I want some! And would love to have some yellow ones too, if you have some to spare, RRM! Tubby, need some old purple ones, NOID? And did you get snow on the mountain seed?
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2010
10:17 AM

Post #7724273

Candles I would like some peach ones please. I think I have the yellow RRM has won't know for sure until it blooms for me.

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 21, 2010
10:31 AM

Post #7724312

And just in case anyone is digging up their daylilies, I only have the orange ditch lilies too! lol (hint)
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2010
12:40 PM

Post #7724693

Well hi there !! WHat is everyone up to here? Tubby is here, Mekos is bust..look at the Irises beautiful!! It is so good to see you all here just like sspring flowers. Gone , gone , gone and then poof like magic they are everywhere!!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2010
1:51 PM

Post #7724892

Nice of you to join us Robin - lol...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 21, 2010
2:19 PM

Post #7724974

Look at these two. Just found them blooming this morning. Aren't they gorgeous. Of coarse I don't know what they are but they are beautiful. Hey, Robin ((((()))) so glad to see you.
Charley has been missing you.

enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 21, 2010
2:45 PM

Post #7725030

They are beauties! Lucky you.
I have a rose blooming - will have to take a pic when bushes are bloomed out, they are going to be really pretty - just loaded with little buds!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 21, 2010

Post #7725036

I don't know why I can't remember to say everything at once.

Yes Mindy, I have plenty - I will put you on my list.

Anyone esle? Nettie - where are you? Do you want some peach irises?

How are your daylilies looking? Mine are looking good - greening right up - seem to be taking root. Can't wait to see them bloom.
Give me a couple of years Skellog, I will share with you. This is my first year with daylilies so have to let them multiply.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2010

Post #7725038

Man, look at all those beautiful Iris. Looks like a piece of heaven on earth.
Hi Robin. Long time no talk to.Hope you are doing great! I bet with all the rain you guys got , you will have wonderful flowers and gardens this summer.
I got the baby again for a while, DIL is back in the hospital with another kidney stone going to have surgery tomorrow. They said this one is bigger than the last one and real jagged. Poor thing, I feel for her. The poor baby will think she belongs to me instead of mommy. She is pretty good for me but gives them a hard time. Well, I'll have to check back in later while the bundle of joy is sleeping.
Nettie, glad to share the hostas seeds, I have 2 different kinds and one is blue color and the other is green but very pretty. Send me a d-mail with your address and I'll get them in the mail this weekend.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 21, 2010
2:59 PM

Post #7725056

Glad you stopped in to say hi Robin! Good to hear from you again. Mekos, feel for your DIL and family. Kidney stones are worse than labor pains, in my opinion! I too feel for her. But getting to see grandbabies whenever we want is truly a blessing! We were lucky enough to spend Monday night with ours, as it was the twins second birthday! Just can't believe it's been 2 years already, and their little brother is almost 8 months old! My how time flies by when we get a few years on us!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2010
3:01 PM

Post #7725057

Here I am in beautiful Sedona Arizona, great trip so far. We drove north of Phoenix into the Red Rock area, absolutely gorgeous drive. I'm taking lots of pictures but can't send them on this public computer, will have to wait until I get home I guess. Weather has been cloudy and quite cool, but gives us a chance to take it easy until the next big adventure. Looking into rental flights in a small plane around the monuments parks.

Al

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2010
3:11 PM

Post #7725073

Glad you made it safe Al... We are forecast for possible rain the rest of the week. That's probably better for you though as last week we hit 96 and 98 - lol. Hope you get to take a flight around the area.
seray53

April 21, 2010
3:32 PM

Post #7725133

I want a peach iris too Enid if you have extra. I'll send you postage. I'm addicted thanks to Mitt. Mine are beginning to open and I can't wait to see them in the am. He sure made a lot of us happy! Thank you again Mitt!

Thumbnail by seray53

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2010
4:32 PM

Post #7725278

Is that Strickly Jazz? I just had one open last night...
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 21, 2010
4:39 PM

Post #7725286

Yep, Seray - got you down!
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2010
5:15 PM

Post #7725400

HI Everyone Lovely pictures being posted lately.
Robin glad you made it in to say hello
Al glad you had a good trip so far hope the rest is just as beautiful.
I'm still waiting on my irises to show color let alone bloom but won't be too long I don't think way the buds are swelling. Enid thank you for the peach ones I'll send you some extras of some I have after they finish blooming and I know for sure where they are.
Finally got enough rain so I can dig up my flower bed that needed it still quite a bit to go and may enlarge it while I'm at it depends on whether it stays damp enough for digging.
seray53

April 21, 2010
6:34 PM

Post #7725640

Thanks Enid!
It is 'Strickly Jazz' Loca. I also had 'Vibrant' open up as well. Aren't they pretty!!!

Thumbnail by seray53

seray53

April 21, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #7725653

This one is called 'Red Rider'

Thumbnail by seray53

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2010
6:39 PM

Post #7725661

Beautiful! That Red Rider is great!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2010
6:58 PM

Post #7725736

WOW what beauty! I'd love to see Mitt's whole garden in bloom. I bet it is breathtaking!

Edited to say Good night all.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2010 9:59 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 21, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #7725780

yes enid sure i would love some. love nrttie
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
7:51 PM

Post #7725919

Beautiful pics... Mekos hope your DIL gets to feeling better soon... This is "Kathy Chilton" I love this one...

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
7:58 PM

Post #7725941

This is "Laurel Park'

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 21, 2010
8:04 PM

Post #7725958

mekos ive forgot how to get d mail add could you gieve me a hand please. littlenettie
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
8:06 PM

Post #7725968

Matt McNames so dark and exotic...

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
8:09 PM

Post #7725978

what are you trying to do Nettie maybe I can help you?

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 21, 2010
8:24 PM

Post #7726031

Oh huney, that Matt McNames is awesome!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2010
8:49 PM

Post #7726093

The camera doesnt show its true beauty either..This is my first year to grow irises I hope next year I will have enough extra to share with you guys...Some are starting to multiply already... Who won all those irises last year that were up for auction?

edited for spelling and to say goodnight

This message was edited Apr 21, 2010 10:52 PM

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 21, 2010
9:19 PM

Post #7726132

night all have a good evening love the pictures. goto rest long day love to all littlenettie
seray53

April 21, 2010
10:14 PM

Post #7726219

Honey I love those. Especially the Matt McNames. They are so pretty. I won them and then turned around and used what I won to continue the bidding for Arejay. Remember we were trying to fill up the Free seeds for Newbees box. Then Mitt turned around and sent me some anyway. I can't remember who won finally. It was fun though! I think he sent some to everyone who bid since they all sent the seeds to Arejay anyway. So now we're all iris addicts! I'll share too when they get big enough to divide.

Have a good night!
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

April 22, 2010
4:02 AM

Post #7726436

Does anyone know about a plant called butterfly orchid plant? I am growing them from seed and just wondered if anyone else has? I think all my seeds have sprouted and wondered if at zone 5 I am going to have to keep them in a pot or outside and if one plant per pot is enough or more than one?
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2010
5:53 AM

Post #7726564

Lol yeah Mitt started all this hehe...I ordered most of my irises from "greenriver_dr" off ebay she has the healthies biggest rhizomes and is so generous with her bonus irises... Most of the beauties you see in my garden are from her...

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 22, 2010
6:43 AM

Post #7726696

Feeling guilty, Mitt? lol Huney, what is that big purple bush in the background aroung the bottom of your tree?
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 22, 2010
7:15 AM

Post #7726783

Hello everyone. Beautiful day today. Nettie, I got the d-mail and will send you seeds today.
Tish the butterfly orchid is probably the florida butterfly orchid. I have seeds for it and a plant. It is endangered in the wild and grows in florida. Nurseries grow them now so easier to find. BUT seeds take a L_O_N_G time to start. Hope you got a LOT of patience if ya going to grow from seed. Might want to get some moss and spray with rain water and keep warm and mist every day for months to get sprouts. They are beautiful.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2010

Post #7726784

He does have some beautiful Irises doesnt he!! Look at this gang. Its earth Day you know!! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Hummingbird-Nest-Cam

Al, You are so lucky!!
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2010

Post #7726788

Nettie...My Peonies are up!!!!!!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 22, 2010
7:36 AM

Post #7726838

Arejay, how cute. I havent spotted mine around yet this year. It is still a bit early for them here.
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2010
7:39 AM

Post #7726847

Mine are not here yet either. I heard they were in Arizona a couple of weeks ago so soon Jan soon...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 22, 2010
10:05 AM

Post #7727276

Well, I can't wait- but of course will have to.YUK
DIL got the stone broken up this morning and pretty out of it still but expected to come home tomorrow if she is better.
Going to keep an eye out for Kaylee to wake and want lots of hugs. She is so good, she watches tv and tries to talk to it for hours at a time in her swing. She holds her head up and looks around and doing stuff sooner than the dr. thought she would. She slept all night last night- went down at 9:00pm and woke at 6:00 this morning for a bottle. How good is that!?! I got sleep!
You guys ALL have a great day.
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 22, 2010

Post #7728288

I can't believe I'm getting blamed for everyones new iris addiction

LOL ain't it great!!!! I'm glad the irises are putting on a show and you're enjoying them. I'm sure others are waiting for them to bloom like myself.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and keep posting pictures. Sundance, nothing to feel guilty about. I'm happy when the seed junkies are happy and it seems that as long as the irises are blooming I'm a hit with them. I have hundreds of irises that have buds now and will be popping out soon. I'll have to send you pictures Jan when they're all blooming at once.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 22, 2010
7:20 PM

Post #7728701

Thanks mitt, sure would make my day(heck, whole week).
Iris is one of my favorite flowers. By the way I did have an orange one somewhere out there and peach and when they bloom, maybe you can help I'd them. Can't wait to see them in all their glory.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2010
7:41 PM

Post #7728759

skellog thats an azalea bush...Its about to wrap around the whole tree... This iris beauty is "deep dark secret"

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2010
7:44 PM

Post #7728768

Here it is up close.. its so pretty to me

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2010
7:53 PM

Post #7728795

Here is a pic that captures part of my bed in bloom ... Probably not close enough you can enjoy the flowers but you can get an idiea how it looks..

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2010
7:58 PM

Post #7728811

This is the other end of it.. I took these pics from my truck coming up the lane to my house today...

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 22, 2010
8:13 PM

Post #7728849

So wish we could grow azaleas here! That is very pretty! Maybe I can find a really cold hardy one and try it anyway. Your flower bed is awesome! What a great way to welcome you home everyday! Very pretty!

That iris is gorgeous! Is it really that blue? Gonna have to get me one of those! Another name on the want list, teehee!

This message was edited Apr 22, 2010 9:15 PM
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2010
8:31 PM

Post #7728907

Its a blue violet color.. Its very charming.. it was starting to get near dark maybe thats why it looks so blue... But its such a beauty. Ill get its picture tomorrow during the day and see how it looks...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 22, 2010
9:09 PM

Post #7729017

huney i found what i needed i stay lost all the timecan,t remember anything should start putting things up where they can be found.good thought but you have to do it won,t work if you don,t do it. thanks huney love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 22, 2010
9:45 PM

Post #7729071

AreJay so glad your peonys are up hope they are beautiful when they bloom. you work so hard on the newbe seed programtakes alot of time and care to get it right, i couldn,t do it. love you take care of yourself. trying to do two thingh at one time. got behind with the laundry.that is not good. would like to play in the dirt or visit with everyone on daves but must catch this up i hate laundry and house work. im like enid need to hire me a helper.she was gona hire a wife that would just be one more person to cook for and clean up after. love to all and hugs all the way around little nettie
seray53

April 22, 2010
10:34 PM

Post #7729109

Love your bed of iris Huney! They look wonderful. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Have you started another bog garden yet?

Maybe we could get a group helper and pass her around home to home like the old school teachers used to do. Stay at one person's house for a month and then move to the next one. She'd have to come to my house last because she'd throw herself out the window when she saw all she had to do here. LOL

Have a good night! Hugs to all
arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

April 23, 2010
3:37 AM

Post #7729290

Group helper!!! Send her here next to last there is a third floor , when she throws herself out this window maybe she will get all the way to you on the currents and save an air fare to Seray!!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 23, 2010
5:58 AM

Post #7729508

I vote for the group helper! What a great idea! And all she would have to do is inside stuff! I'd be happy if someone else would just take care of the vacuuming all the time! Oh, and dusting! LOL
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 23, 2010
6:35 AM

Post #7729614

You got it all wrong Nettie - if I get a "wife" - she will have to do all the cooking, cleaning, baby raising...I will just garden and mow - if I have a lawn left to worry about. I went a little heavy on the weed and feed last night - smelled like there was chemical warfare going on the the neighborhood when it started raining. Thank goodness it doesn't smell this morning - the neighbors would probably turn me in for air contamination or something.

Will everyone be prepared to receive irises next week - I am going to try to get them ready to mail on Monday - if you are ready, if not let me know and I will put yours on "hold".

Oh, and I have ants and aphids and too many morning glories - oops, may have gotten a little carried away.

I was in on the group helper thing - thought I would volunteer - sounded pretty good to me until someone mentioned the helper being inside. No way will I volunteer for that! However, running all over the US helping in everyone's gardens sounded pretty good. A week here, a week there..heck, I could just be a garden hopper for the rest of my life. Work me, feed me and send me on my way - sounds much better than staying home with a screaming banchee!!

You all have a great day - I will dream of peace and quiet while I can still remember what that was like.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 23, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #7729638

Go pull out a FEW morning glories the smallest ones, leave the larger stronger ones. Just yank them rascals out.
i need that group helper too. Boy, will she go into shock...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 23, 2010
12:36 PM

Post #7730468

Well, I have decided she can come here FIRST. By the time she is finished here and goes on to your places, she'll think yours is a piece of cake. I'll break her in so to speak!
Love the iris Hunybunch! You have them looking great.
Skellogg, I bet if you mulch the azaleas they would survive for you. I kept my white bird of paradise that is suppose to be in zone 11 outside here in zone 7 and it did great and about knee high now. Some people in florida lost theirs to freeze this past winter and they are much warmer than us. Just mulch the dickens out of them and see how they do. Wouldn't hurt to try.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 23, 2010
12:39 PM

Post #7730473

The mulch will help keep them cool in summer Warm in winter. Best thing is Keeps weeds down too. Line it with newpaper then pile on the mulch.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 23, 2010
12:50 PM

Post #7730493

Speaking of newspaper - should someone have mentioned that it is not a great idea to use newpaper where you will have raw edges? It doesn't work out real well, seems to creep out and you suddenly have your news showin'. It is working out great for me in places that are contained with edging or brick.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 23, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #7730527

Did you wet your paper down when laying it? Mine usually just disintergrates after it gets wet a few times. (Make sure you don't use the shiny kind.)It doesn't break down good.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 23, 2010
3:24 PM

Post #7730837

yes RJ we have hummers in our yard ive already bought 10lb sack of sugar they go through 5lb bag in a week once they get started we get about 5 little red throat first then they go out and gather all their friends. then the fights start sometimes they turn mean. fly through the porch stop hover and look you in the eye i like them to stay in the yard. mekos thanks for the seed. 9ll do my very best with them.and enid id love a peach iris. sorry i mis spoke about the wife.dh would expect me to be a good hostess if you know what i mean.dh just went to town to get us some dinner im ezcited no cooking still have one load of clothes to fold love to all need to go do that. nettie
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 23, 2010

Post #7730850

Thank you all for your kind words about my lil iris garden..I know its not much but the blooms have brightened my world...I can sit here at my computer and look at them it reminds me of easter for some reason...When Im in the kitchen cooking or when we are at the table they are pretty out there... Now im going to have to fill that area with something that blooms because those irises wont last forever...Its raining or storming here this afternoon..I did manage to plant some hosta today and made a LG and sowed it with impatiens seeds around my shade bed...The only bog garden I have going is in an old cast iron pot that is hanging between 2 post..I have some flag iris and mini cat tails in my bog garden.. kinda pitiful lol ... my lil pitcher plant died.. waaaaaa... This is my lil peruvian daffs in bloom...

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 23, 2010
3:46 PM

Post #7730876

I bought a pack of peruvian daffodills about 4 years ago and to this day they have NEVER bloomed. They come up and put out leaves and NOTHING! Big let down.
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 23, 2010
4:47 PM

Post #7730973

Wish you were here to see the irises Jan. I have hundreds of stalks that are loaded with buds just waiting to explode with all their colors.

I'll try to get some pictures for you. Seray and Huney have some beautiful irises. Thanks for sharing pictures everyone!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 23, 2010
5:37 PM

Post #7731100

Here is one of mine. Mitt, I bet they are gorgeous.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 23, 2010
5:41 PM

Post #7731115

WooHoo---- bring on the pictures!!!! I'm loving it! Never seen so many beautiful blooms in my entire life. When I win the lottery, I'm coming to see everyone that has some. Gotta love the irises. I just went out and found my orange one about to bloom and the circus clown has a big bud as well. I do believe this is MY year to see all the blooms I've been waiting for. Yee-Haa!!! This is the orange one.

Thumbnail by mekos

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 23, 2010
5:42 PM

Post #7731122

i got one with sort of brown edges that want to get a pic of too. It is so pretty.
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 23, 2010
5:51 PM

Post #7731150

RRM that iris is a beauty. Do you have a name for it?

You know Kelly started all these wonderful pictures of her irises she potted up. I hope she has some more pictures to share. Has any of Mindy's or Robin's bloomed? I think I'm about a week away from my tall bearded to start blooming
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 23, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7731208

Mitt, you started this with donating the prize for the games we played and what a prize they were. YOU have great taste and beautiful plants. If my health were better so I could tend the gardens, I'd have them everywhere. You are one amazing guy.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 23, 2010
9:06 PM

Post #7731782

RRM you have d mail nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 23, 2010
9:14 PM

Post #7731790

Yup, Mit started it all - lol... The only other one blooming is Strickly Jazz. I saw buds on another one tonight and I'm hoping it's Spice Lord. I really want to see that one in person!

Off to bed - it's been a loooooooonnnnnnngggggggggg week with the new puppy. It's like having a newborn in the house again. Enid, I can totally sympathize on the baby thing right now - lol. My youngest is almost 9 so it's been a long time. This puppy is so delicate. Our other Yorkie is a brute. I think he was twice her weight at her age and not nearly so delicate - she's just so tiny. I freak out if she blinks the wrong way - lol. And I make everyone take off their shoes when they come into the house so they don't step on her!

Nitey nite peeps. Talk to you tomorrow!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 23, 2010
10:34 PM

Post #7731920

Just checking in, peeps. Love all the beautiful iris pix from all over, mine are coming a month later. I planted over 200 tulips back home only to go on vacation while they bloom this week.

Went North of Flagstaff today to view the South rim of the Grand Canyon, taking lots and lots of photos to show later when I get home. Weather has been cold, even snowy at high altitudes near the Canyon. Plenty to see and do. Haven't run out of food and coffee yet. The airplane trip is still "up in the air" because of heavy overcast weather, other pilots are playing it safe on the ground, will maybe improve later in the week

"Wish you were all here!"
Al

This message was edited Apr 24, 2010 10:16 AM
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 24, 2010
3:24 AM

Post #7732065

Al, I figure if you have food and coffee, life is good no matter where you are. Heck, I might even be able to skip the food for awhile if there was plenty of coffee. Coffee must be the nectar of the gods, cause it is really good!!

53 and very windy here! Wishing for clear skies and no wind for Al, hope you get to fly!

Thank goodness the baby is gone to see his momma this weekend - give Gma a couple of days off. Of course, no baby in the house but the puppy decided he needed to go out at 4:30 so here I am - up anyway. Oh well, no schedule today - maybe I can catch a nap.

If I would stay out of the garden store, I would have far less to do around here - seems I keep buying "cool" plants.

I think I only killed a couple of scrawny rose bushes with the over application of weed and feed - everything else seems to be unharmed. Not nearly as many dandelions were in bloom yesterday so maybe I got part of them.

Everyone have a wonderful day, I will check in later.
seray53

April 24, 2010
7:25 AM

Post #7732410

Thanks for the rain whoever sent it my way!!! Morning everyone. South rim is where I went Al. It is so fantastic. We're hoping your tulips will be late so we can see the pics when you get home.

Thank you again Mitt. I have a iris that opens almost every other day. They are sooooo beautiful. When the rain quits I'll take some more pics.

Hugs to all Have a great day!

Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 24, 2010

Post #7732738

HI Everyone I'm puppy sitting until tomorrow afternoon. Bandit got into something and has sores all over his back end and back legs. Two of them are really serious looking so off to the vet for him Monday morning when his owner gets him back. I bawled her out for not taking him already but she said those two places were small and just kept getting bigger. And don't you know my Mindy is in heat so I have to juggle 3 males and her for bathroom and outside time. Oh well he's one of my babies too since Mindy is is mommy.

Mitt I haven't checked my iris bed today will do that in a bit before it starts raining and taking the camera with me just in case any are blooming.

You all have a good day Hugs .

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 24, 2010
11:32 AM

Post #7732913

Hi everyone. Woke to rain this morning and suppose to be non stop till Monday and spotty Monday. But nice and not too hot or cold.
Went baby store shopping this morning to buy some stuff for baby to use here so we don't have to keep moveing everything from her house to mine every time I babysit. I bought a beautiful bed for my angel and play mats for the floor with pretty stuff to occupy her when she is a little older, and changing table, and outside play yard-BIG hard molded plastic tower to climb and slide down with a swing for her and a jumper thingy to hang from a tree limb or over the door and hang down to exercise her little legs (when they get long enough),
a few more soft toys and a little thingy to hold her tiny head from rolling around in the car seat. Was a great day looking at all the baby stuff. Hubby was just as excited as me. Everything he looked at he said" you want this?" Proud Papa!
The trip sounds like so much fun Al. Hope the weather straightens up for you.
Enjoy your rest Lori, I'm sure you will feel much better with some TLC and lots of sleep and coffee.
Sorry about the puppy Mindy, do you have any neosporin or tripple antibiotic ointment? You can put some on him until he goes to the vet and see if it helps.
I'm catching lots of rain water for the bog gardens. Washing away lots of pollen too.
Have a great day everyone!
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 24, 2010
12:21 PM

Post #7733158

I had to take a break. The bugs are attacking me like they haven't eaten for six months. I'll try some spray and hope it works. I'm trying to prepare a small area for some iris seedlings. I have a few crosses I made from last year and the plants are getting too big in the house

I think all the iris lovers should try to cross a couple irises and create a new iris today. Its so easy a bee can do it. Where is Sundance and Huney? Get your tweezers out and head for the garden. I'll meet you out there.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 24, 2010
12:22 PM

Post #7733160

Bandit is doing pretty good my friend sent some antibiotic cream to use on him but he licks it off so DH put some spray antibiotic on him and it works faster so by the time he thinks to lick it's already working on him. I distracted him from licking for a pretty good while by taking him outside to check out my property. He's not been here for a long time so everything is new to him except his mommy LOL. Now my baby Robbie is pouting at me because of Bandit needing my attention so much. Giving him extra attention doesn't cut any ice with him LOL so I'm sure he's going to be happy when Bandit goes back home tomorrow afternoon.
How is your DIL doing now Mekos hope she's feeling alot better and doesn't have any more setbacks.

Mitt I checked the irises while I was out with Bandit. Only one showing color and will probably be another week before I see it fully open but there's more and more buds showing on the others.

Well I'm off of here been storming here and sounds like we are getting a down pour now.but without the thunder and lightening.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 24, 2010
12:25 PM

Post #7733163

Hmmmm Mitt I just read your post and might just let our honey bees do the crossing and let the irises go to seed this year. We have 2 hives and hoping to catch a swarm soon so the flowers have plenty of pollinators flying around.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 24, 2010
12:58 PM

Post #7733208

Hey you guys look what I just found blooming. It is a cutting someone from hawaii sent me at Christmas time. It's just starting to open.

This message was edited Apr 24, 2010 3:59 PM

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 24, 2010
12:59 PM

Post #7733212

Another view.

Thumbnail by mekos

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 24, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #7733213

mekos, that is great and pretty! Yard work for me today got put on hold due to rain and thunder. Darn!! We're due to have rain for the next 3 - 4 days. Oh Well.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 24, 2010
1:08 PM

Post #7733232

OK Mitt. I got tweezers in hand but I feel I must warn you we are gonna get WET!

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 24, 2010
1:11 PM

Post #7733240

Hi Marti. Rain just started here today but gonna be here all weekend too and spotty showers Monday, but we needed it so won't complain much. Rain barrells are filling up and need more containers.Got to go fill some empth containers from the barrell so it will have more room for more rain.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 24, 2010
4:39 PM

Post #7733644

Please send me some rain! They keep saying chance of rain but none for a while.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 24, 2010
4:56 PM

Post #7733682

I'll send you some of mine when I send you your surprise package.LOL (little sandwich baggy full) ;0)
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 24, 2010
8:34 PM

Post #7734367

Hello everyone... Lots of wind and rain here over night and this morning..Some of the irises looked a little frazzled... I had this beauty blooming today ..Its called afternoon Delight"

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7735166

Beautiful! WOW.
Bad storms went through yesterday and tornados killed 10 and injured more than a dozen in Mississippi. Calmed down a bit before getting here and was sunny and beautiful this morning.
Big hugs everyone. Have a great day.
Al, I hope you didn't get blown away.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2010
8:46 AM

Post #7735386

Hey Folks - The weather finally cleared enough to fly yesterday Saturday!! We took a rental Cessna 172 Cardinal out of Sedona airport for 2 hours complete with another pilot and tour guide. What a beautiful sight, we were flying right between the Red Rocks in the mesa area!! The airport itself sits on a huge rock mesa and the planes actually leap into space at the end of the runnway. I hope you peeps are going to be ready for tons of pictures next week on my blog page, can't send them just yet on this company computer. We've got two more days here then back home on Tuesday.

Wishes to All
Al

This message was edited Apr 25, 2010 11:47 AM
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 25, 2010
8:52 AM

Post #7735395

Prayers for families of those with damages and lost lives from tornadoes.. Its a bright and beautiful morning here... I've waited till it got hot to decide its time to get up and get outside, but ive got soe seeds I need to get planted... I hope you all have a great day..Hugs...

Mekos sounds like you had so much fun shopping for the new things for the GB..Thats a beautiful flowering cactus too...

Can anyone ID these lil pink flowers.. They are growing on at an old house place in the shade, stand about knee high.. They have real thin stems and the leaves are narrow..I dug a few up and brought them home with me what ever they are, I thought they were cute...

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 25, 2010
8:58 AM

Post #7735410

We cant wait to see your pictures Al.. Sounds like you all are having so much fun.. Lots of beauty in that part of the world.. Stay safe I'll get those irises to you next time I go to town I will stop and dig you some and get them mailed out..Trish

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2010
10:57 AM

Post #7735684

Mitt, I don't know the name but I can get you a piece of it, if you want.
Now this is good color on the brownish one on right. Got more I used to have the names but over time they were lost. I put out tags and they fade or disappear.

enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 25, 2010
12:05 PM

Post #7735794

You guys are making me so jealous! You have all the good stuff! Pretty irises RRM - do you have one of everything?
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2010
12:07 PM

Post #7735799

Huny I believe your flower is phlox. Old timy or heirloom as they say. They have narrow leaves and stand about knee high and different shades of pink and blue as the soil allows. Different kinds of rich soil can change the color a bit. Mine are blue. Actually a soft blue but where I got them were darker.
Take a blue hydrangea and put pennys at the base and watch it turn purple.
seray53

April 25, 2010
12:12 PM

Post #7735809

I'm digressing from digging. lol Can't wait for your pics Al.

Here's the iris 'Art Show'

Thumbnail by seray53

seray53

April 25, 2010
12:14 PM

Post #7735821

And this is huge. It's called 'Vibrant' Happy dancing I am!

Thumbnail by seray53

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2010
12:37 PM

Post #7735871

Waiting for pictures Al. Take bunches. We got time.
WOW Seray, what a beauty. You better be glad I'm not in a begging mood or my watering mouth would be begging for that beautiful yellow. That is amazing! I have a big white one like that. It's not open yet.
seray53

April 25, 2010
3:14 PM

Post #7736257

If you saw it you'd be digging a spot for it. The picture doesn't do it justice.

This one is the same that Huney has: Afternoon Delight

Thumbnail by seray53

seray53

April 25, 2010
3:17 PM

Post #7736265

This one is the same as Locas: Smoked Gouda It looks slightly different. It's almost a champagne color. Very Cool!

Thumbnail by seray53

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2010
3:56 PM

Post #7736383

these are browner than they look, but pretty and they smell nice too. No names, I've lost them. I know they had names when I got them.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 25, 2010
4:01 PM

Post #7736395

Great Iris peeps!

I think mekos is right on the phlox. It is pretty.

Al, glad the weather turned nice so you could fly! Can't wait to see all the pics!
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 25, 2010
4:20 PM

Post #7736469

Found another iris to rescue in July.

Thumbnail by marti001

Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 25, 2010
5:12 PM

Post #7736600

RRM
Thank you for your kind offer but I'm trying not to add irises this year. My intention is to sell some to make room for the seedlings and some newer 2010 irises to hybridize.

I'm sorry I can't help with the names of those two beautiful irises. How long have you had them? There are many that look very similar.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2010
5:17 PM

Post #7736616

OK Mitt. I had tweezers and went out in the RAIN and where was YOU?!?
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 25, 2010
5:19 PM

Post #7736620

I was there Jan. I was the one holding the umbrella.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2010
5:21 PM

Post #7736628

Then how come I got soaked? ...Oh I know. You held it over you?!?
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

April 25, 2010
5:23 PM

Post #7736632

Well, ...yeah of course lol
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 25, 2010
5:49 PM

Post #7736707

Lol go figure...That smoked gouda is pretty.. it looks small and charming.. I have a chocolate chess.. I wasnt overly impressed with it at first but it sure has grown me...

Mitt did you see my picture of "afternoon Delight" That was one you sent me...My "heavenly Haze" is just loaded...Nothing happened with my "diamond Bracelet" so I think she may be a cubics zirconia lol... Let us know what you have for sale Im sure we will all support you...Id rather buy mine from you than any one else I know..

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2010
5:55 PM

Post #7736727

I've had these for a while. It's like this one. It has an old fashioned type look but is so pretty.

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 25, 2010
5:55 PM

Post #7736728

thanks for that flower ID I thought they were some type of phlox but wasnt sure...here is a picture of my peony with one lonesome bloom..

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2010
5:58 PM

Post #7736738

My Oriental peony is blooming. it is always first peony to bloom.

enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 25, 2010
6:41 PM

Post #7736872

Still drooling - this is what I have this year. She is pretty and lonely - it's the only one blooming right now - looks like I may have three or four more blooms this year. I consider myself lucky, didn't think any would bloom since I dug everything last fall.

Mitt - when you get ready to sell Irises, please let me know. I would love to help you make room for your seedlings.

Mekos - you know better than to let anyone hold the umbrella for you - it never, ever works out! I usually end up on the edge where all the water runs off on me - be better off with just the rain!

Gotta go shower and hit the hay. Long day today - got a lot done and I am pooped!

Thumbnail by enidcandles

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2010
6:49 PM

Post #7736897

Beautiful pictures everyone. I love them. Huney the peony is georgeous. I love them but can't grow them. I bought some for my Mom and hers are great and blooms so pretty. I just go snif and look at hers. Sigh!
Well, next time, Mitt, You will have to forget the umbrella and show me how to do it. You gonna have to name a real pretty new one after my grand baby. Kaylee's joy. That sounds good to me. Then I'll forgive you for getting me all wet.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 25, 2010
7:15 PM

Post #7736967

enid you need to rest a little while get you some bananna popsickles don,t eat them while you are on the puter hard to get off the key board they will make you feel better you can work off the sugar in the yard later.what are you doing back their anywaycan.t be that bad can it i just lieve to far away to help you.come on calm down.where is the boy teach him how to use a shovel he might need to dig some worms for fishing took my son to tne creek behind the house to day he dug some real nice furns for his moma today they are real nice. going to get them in the ground in the morning.is that nice or what. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 25, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #7736993

rrm i like the chicken and flower love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2010
7:33 PM

Post #7737031

Yea Girlfriend, I ment to ask you was that a silver duckwing chicken? I liked it to. Hi Nettie. I bet you found some pretty ferns, we have some nice ones growing at our creek. Some got huge too.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 25, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #7737121

Very pretty peony RRM..How do you start pieces from peonies? cuttings? or dig and seperate at the roots? Heres a mini TBI "Maslon"

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 25, 2010
8:09 PM

Post #7737138

mekos they are real big and healthy i lost some of myne when they cut the big tree limbs out they missed judged where they were gona fall got two flower beds and top of my storage shed. the shed has been fixed but im still working on the flower beds, the fern bed got hit hard.my poor babys. some will hsve to be replacsd. some can.t be replaced,ill just do the best i can with what is left. the tree limb was gona fall on the house had to be cut off hate that but have to do the things that are necessary. ill get it done. i bet you.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2010
8:11 PM

Post #7737143

Now huney that is just beautiful. I love the mixed colors.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2010
8:12 PM

Post #7737148

I bet you will too, Nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 25, 2010
8:24 PM

Post #7737178

honey bunch you need roots with at least 2 eyes on them ask me this fall . some of them need winter chil or they don,t bloom good. mynr seam to all bloom good the big white ones were my grandmothers grand mother bramlett gave grannie harmon a start whrn she moved out here on the home place im glad they did trade plants its like haveing a little or them left here for me. i think of them often. they were both near 100 when they diedmy mom and dads families are all gone never hear from any of them well enough of that love and hugs little nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 25, 2010
8:32 PM

Post #7737205

RRM love the iris littlenettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 25, 2010
9:10 PM

Post #7737324

most of my iris are LA. had to make a special bed for them still need to order a red one i just can,t make up my mind which one i like best. so much beauty if they only have one red one this would be easy.anyone have any ideas what would you do.got to get off for tonight hard day tomorrow lots to do.love and hugs nettie
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

April 26, 2010
4:43 AM

Post #7737752

Beautiful Iris pics, love them. I don't have any but remember my mom had some purple ones (bearded) with a yellow stripe that smellled like lemons. I used to every year give a flower to my teacher in elementary school.

I just transplanted my great white, super snow, white queen, chocolate cherry, tommy toe, green zebra, purple cherokee, black krim, black zebra cherry (and some more kinds) tomatoes. Also some cinnamon and lime basil, this I had so much of i had to throw away. Also the pumkin on a stick and Egg plant (not the vegetable kind)
Still cannot put anything out til the threat of frost is gone...
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 26, 2010
5:31 AM

Post #7737858

Trish, how sad - I feel bad for you! Everyone planting and showing off blooms and it is still cold there. Remind me not to ever move to Ohio - Oklahoma is bad enough with April 15 as last frost date.

Nettie - I am on a mission! If I ever get finished, I will rest (or I might wait til I am dead to rest). My goal is to get this place looking really good so I can sell candles directly from my shop here at the house. I would really like to get into doing some garden statues, stepping stones...to sell along with the candles. I am almost to the point I can have strangers out here and not be embarrassed.
I think DH is going to shell out the money to have someone panel my shop - I was going to do it but he has seen me use a saw - kinda scarry! I don't think I could cut a straight line if my life depended on it. Then you have to cut out all the spaces for light swithches, plug ins... best left to the pros.
I make a great demolition crew - not quite so good at being a fixer upper! Wish my dad was still alive, he was Mr. Fix It - had a construction company for years. Had I known that someday I would have to be my own handyman, I would have paid more attention! A lot of knowledge died with that man, there was nothing he couldn't fix.

Off to the Dr. - just my monthly med refill visit - nothing serious. Then diggin in the dirt...what a life!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 26, 2010
7:23 AM

Post #7738212

Wonderful, ain't it????
These roses were here when we moved here and they smell so good. LIke Roses should.
Honeybunch, from the roots.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
8:52 AM

Post #7738563

Good morning everyone. Nice sunny day already. Little windy but hoping that will change. Got to go out and look to see if any blooms opened when I wasn't looking. Hope everyone is safe and having a good day.
Back later. Pretty rose RRM. Too hard on yourself Enid. You are doing great.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 26, 2010
9:02 AM

Post #7738593

Morning everyone! Forecast is for 93 today then cooling down into the 70s mid-week. I hope the 100s hold off a bit longer. I'm sooooooooo not ready for that!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
9:43 AM

Post #7738732

Woo Hoo, went out to look and circus clown is blooming.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010

Post #7738739

I got a couple huge buds about to open in another couple days that look totally black. Not sure what they will be just yet. Never bloomed before.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
9:48 AM

Post #7738745

And my orange baby trying to pop.

Thumbnail by mekos

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 26, 2010
10:00 AM

Post #7738785

Hint! Hint!! sure would like a piece of that orange.
Mekos is the black superstition?? I have one but it is not Black black. that is pretty.
Been working on my pond planting and pulling weeds. Thorny weeds to in form of blackberries. Still got a ways before I'm finished. Planted a ginger over there. first year with gingers.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
11:22 AM

Post #7739037

Honestly don't know the name of it. I bought several a couple years ago and planted without saving the name thingy and they never bloomed till this year. I only started keeping name tags after I joined DG and needed to. For me, names are not important. I just like the colors and bloom shapes. I have some soft pink and soft blue and solid white heirloom and solid bearded with huge blooms and there are a few different blacks and black/with other shades in there. I got a few later in the fall that are still small and one is black gamecock I think and some others but won't bloom for another year or so I'm sure. I have some peach and some blue/purple and some dark dark purple heirloom with smaller blooms. And some others never bloomed that I don't know names or colors till they pop open. Gonna have some pretty blooms later on. YE-HA!
Had a rose about to open today. Smelled sooooo goooood!

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
11:25 AM

Post #7739045

Here is something pretty with all the red trumpet shaped blooms. The rain yesterday knocked most of the blooms off.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
11:28 AM

Post #7739055

OK Loca, my lantana bloom.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
11:30 AM

Post #7739062

Last one today, Job started crying.
Edited to say Job's Tears Plant. More babies sprouting now.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2010 4:19 PM

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
11:37 AM

Post #7739072

Sorry, I forgot to show you my english dogwood starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by mekos

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 26, 2010
11:48 AM

Post #7739101

mekos, I love that English dogwood. How big does it get? bush or tree? And where do I get one?
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
12:29 PM

Post #7739184

It is a bush. If I could dig I would get you a piece. They make great hedge for privacy fences or just a big bushy bush. Little ones come up around it and I been sending to others in trades last year, but My Dr. won't let me garden right now. My heart isn't doing great right now. I'm just enjoying blooms from what I already did. If you not in a hurry and want to remind me later on when I'm more able, I'll gladly share.

Thumbnail by mekos

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 26, 2010
12:56 PM

Post #7739261

Take care of yourself Mekos. Mind the doctor.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
1:07 PM

Post #7739288

I'm being good right now, but must admit it sure is boreing. Haven't had much fun at all lately.
Did I tell ya my little brugs are popping up?

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
1:09 PM

Post #7739296

One of my oregon grapes covered in grapes.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
1:11 PM

Post #7739307

My little patio peach about 2 feet tall covered with peaches. The little brugs are the ones left outside all winter and is now wakeing up.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
1:13 PM

Post #7739311

My big white bearded iris trying to open.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
1:16 PM

Post #7739320

What is left of my alstromeria about to open. I can't wait to see this one. Most of it died back in the winter.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 26, 2010
1:23 PM

Post #7739348

Great pics mekos. Like RRM says - mind the doctor!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 26, 2010
2:05 PM

Post #7739462

Dang Mekos, if I lived just a little closer, I would bring my shovel and do the diggin' for ya!

Look, I can finally play along in the picture game. This Lantana is "Dallas Red" can't wait for it to get big!!

Thumbnail by enidcandles

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
3:01 PM

Post #7739647

Would that be like this one? I have this one. And one that blooms pink and yellow, and one yellow and orange.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
3:03 PM

Post #7739652

Yours is nice Enid and it won't take long for it to make a bush full of blooms. I think it may be the same as mine. I also have a lavender but it hasn't woke up yet.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 26, 2010
3:11 PM

Post #7739677

Thanks Mekos - I went all out and bought mine at the garden center!! LOL I just can't wait for seeds - it takes waaaay too long! The fact that I don't know what to do or how to do it probably doesn't help matters much!
They do look a lot alike - there are so many cultivars of Lantana and some of them are sooo close I can't tell the difference. I don't have that experienced eye.

Thank goodness I read the Iris Forum last night! I went out to look at my plants this afternoon and discovered my one iris bloom laying on the ground. I looked like someone came along with a sharp knife and chopped it off. I would have blamed my hateful neighbors but after what I read last night - I would say this is the work of one really fat squirrel. I fed the dang thing all winter and this is what he does.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010

Post #7739742

OH my. I'm sorry that is a bummer. I'd be having squirrel for supper. Later in the summer after the lantana starts to bloom you will start seeing small round green dots on the plant and when they turn black they are ready. get them and dry them. That is the seeds. You will see when it's time. You are doing great with your gardens. My red one has yellow at times mixed in but sometimes it's just blood red . I love it. I use to have a white one but rabbits got it before it could get big enough to survive.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 26, 2010
5:51 PM

Post #7740206

You got to keep at it Enid, the more you garden, the better you will be. If I lived close enough I would help you.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 26, 2010
6:01 PM

Post #7740231

I can feel the heat, Kelly! You're right, 92 degrees! We're in Scotsdale as we speak getting ready to fly out on the "red eye" to Detroit tomarrow night. Just one more day of sightseeing and visiting friends in Scotsdale. Should be home early Wednesday morning. Talk to all when I get home!

Al
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
6:22 PM

Post #7740306

Have a safe trip Al.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 26, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #7740333

huney those look like wild sweat williams to me they are blooming all over in this part of thr state now, the birds have planted some down in the rock garden i just love the smell of them. you need one of carl hunters books wild flowers of arkansas it is a good book to have he also has one on trees and vines i think you would like both books love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 26, 2010
7:47 PM

Post #7740618

hi al hope your trip is going great be safe and have fun, took that crazy cousin of myne 200 mater plants yes i was so glad she got them roma maters ill get some salsa and caned maters .she is a good cook just piokey about her maters tries to make me crazy. i wone this time and you helped me win thank you and love nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 26, 2010
8:48 PM

Post #7740785

Safe travels, Al! Enjoy your vacation and we can't wait to see all the pictures!
I love seeing everyones beautiful pictures! We are still waiting for things to get going good here, and just to add insult to injury, it snowed again! So glad really that none of my plants or trees are blooming yet. Maybe we can get some fruit this year off our trees, if they just wait a little longer, and the late freezes don't get them. We are supposed to have great weather tomorrow, in the low 60's, and high 60's on Wed. but then weather is supposed to turn bad again. They are even forecasting more snow for the weekend! Yuck!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
9:47 PM

Post #7740891

Poor skellogg, I got peaches on my trees that are bigger than your thumb and plums and cherries. We always get a late frost about the middle of April and so far nothing. I'm scared to death it will happen one night when I'm not expecting it and ruin everything for me. The trees have more fruit on them than ever before. Weird weather causes this. My blackberry vines are blooming and my strawberries are in full bloom too.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

April 27, 2010
4:28 AM

Post #7741140

The blackberry vines are in full bloom here too and we have already picked and eaten ripe strawberries from Calebs lil strawberry patch...They were delicious.(Best he has ever eaten so he says).. I also have Thumb size peaches hanging on my trees and Mekos (shhhhh) I sure we hope we dont get that late frost...Ive been really lazy when it comes to planting veggies this year..I dont know what has happened to me.. All of a sudden all I want to plant is flowers, lots of them.. Did you guys do this to me? lol Hope you have a great day.. DH is off today.. We gotta mow and weed eat.. A tutor from the school is coming later to work with Caleb and I on Math.. ewwww Algrebra...Hope to get a few new pictures today...Talk later Trish

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 27, 2010
6:03 AM

Post #7741452

He sounds like he is doing good. I am so glad. give the little fella a kiss on the forehead form me.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 27, 2010
6:19 AM

Post #7741510

waaaaaa! I want blackberries and strawberries. I want peaches, plums, apples. I want! I want! I want!. I wish I could hire someone to come in here and get this place ready to plant today. I wish I had the money!!

Oh Well, a day at a time. One step at a time. I'll get all these things. Next year will be a better year. Till then I'll just keep enjoying all the posts and pictures of everyone elses gardens so that I can plan for mine.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 27, 2010
8:27 AM

Post #7741944

Me too marti! Problem here is we have such low chill hours that we can't grow most fruits (apples, blueberries, etc etc etc) here... Citrus does great here as does pomegranates. There are a few low chill varieties but in my opinion they don't produce the amount or size of fruit for me to make it worth my while... If you're lucky enough to live outside the city and have a little microclimate you can grow decent peaches and stuff, but where I'm at no way.

Hope you had a safe trip back Al. Looking forward to your pictures. Maybe you can start a thread and link it from here since this thread is pretty long already. If Robin doesn't step in and make a new chat thread I'll do it later today, but I think your trip deserves a thread of it's own!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

April 27, 2010
9:13 AM

Post #7742069

Kelly, Why don't you send me some heat, and I'll send you some cold, and we can have the best weather! lol I agree, and hope that Al sets up a thread! Great idea! Can't wait for the pictures.
Marti, that is what is so great about this place! We get to live vicariously thru everyone else's pictures and gardens while we just wait! Teehee!!
So glad some of you are having great weather. And don't let the tornadoes blow you away! So glad we rarely have to worry about those here. I hated them when I lived in the south.
Gotta get some new seeds started, as I am sure spring will arrive sooner or later! May Day is right around the corner! WooHoo!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 27, 2010
9:15 AM

Post #7742081

I'd love to ship you some heat - 93 again today - argh! Supposed to cool off into the 70s next couple of days and chance of rain (yeah, right!)...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
11:45 AM

Post #7742494

Hello everyone. I was going to say morning but it isn't any more, bad headache day! Man, the wind is about to blow us away. I just saw frost warnings for the mountains above me and I'm drawing up in knots. No warnings for here yet, but sure was windy and chilly today. Crazy weather.
You home yet Al? I was looking for pictures.
Well, have a good day everyone planting and gardening and for those with all this wind, hang on!
Check back later. Hugs for everyone and cookies for Charlie. Big smooch Charlie!
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 27, 2010
12:33 PM

Post #7742600

Al hope you had a safe trip back and rest up quick so you can show us pictures.

Cold and rainy here today

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 27, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #7742929

Munch! Munch! munch! mule want more cookies from Mekos. Favorite Cookie person in whole mule world, MuncH! Here's a nuzzle for you Mekos, make headache go away. Nuzzle, nuzzle.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2010
9:28 AM

Post #7745236

We're home again safe and sound (mind?) It'll take a couple of days to recover from this jet lag, I'm still trying to eat breakfast at 4:30 AM darn it all. I'll promise to sort my pictures out soon so all can see. We went from Kelly's 93 degree heat to the 50's here in upstate NY overnight. We were at the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden just yesterday. My garden tulips even survived the week at home.

Al

This message was edited Apr 28, 2010 12:30 PM

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2010
9:44 AM

Post #7745283

Glad you're home safe Al! The DBG is great, especially in the spring with all the wildflowers. Looking forward to your pictures.

Low 90s again today and windy. I think mekos sent me her wind;o) Cooler for the next few days.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
10:23 AM

Post #7745393

Yep, the wind was bad yesterday and thought for a while we were going to go flying with AL. But today it is sunny and cool and barely any wind at all. Really nice. They had a freeze and frost this morning in the mountains above me. Was CHILLY here but no damage.
Glad you made it home safe and sound,Al. Rest up and bring on all the pictures. You pay for the trip and we'll enjoy it.LOL Sounds like fun to me.
Have a great day everyone. Charlies nuzzles got rid of my headache yesterday, love ya Charlie. A big mojito fo you this morning and cookies! I'm even tossing in a big apple for desert. Later dudes.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2010
10:40 AM

Post #7745446

Mojitos for breakfast??? Now that is one spoiled mule - lol!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
10:47 AM

Post #7745471

ANYTHING for my Charlie! I love him he loves me, were a great big family with a great big hug and a smooch from me to him, can he come play with me?
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 28, 2010
11:35 AM

Post #7745567

Good afternoon everyone. Seems like the day has disappeaed without me getting much done.

Anyone want to take a look at this baby and tell me what it might be? I dumped some dirt in pots out when plants in them died forgot I had planted seeds in said pots before putting said plants in them and now I have stuff coming up I don't remember what might be.

Thumbnail by Mindy03

Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 28, 2010
11:37 AM

Post #7745571

And here's the newest bloomer at my house.

Easter Monring Azalea

Thumbnail by Mindy03

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #7745627

I don't have a clue Mindy on the tiny seedling up there. But it sure looks nice.
Love the azaleas, I rooted some of those a couple years ago and they are blooming right now just like them. How cool. I love the colors.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:09 PM

Post #7745767

Look what I just found in my garden!

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:13 PM

Post #7745772

And this nice yellow

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:15 PM

Post #7745779

It is soooo dark brown. The sun is so bright right now the color doesn't do it justice. WOW!

Thumbnail by mekos

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 28, 2010
1:16 PM

Post #7745782

Beautiful, mekos, Beautiful.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:21 PM

Post #7745797

Orange is almost there.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:24 PM

Post #7745805

I have one more iris out there with a bud black as the ace of spades. I can't wait for it to open. Probably tomorrow with the orange one. My beautiful light pink and powder blue is going to open probably tomorrow also. Ye-Ha!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:28 PM

Post #7745818

Forgot to put the picture on there.:0(
Black is back with blue and purple and red. Been blooming all winter in my greenhouse.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:31 PM

Post #7745827

How about this baby.Double blooms

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:35 PM

Post #7745839

I rooted these year before last and they are blooming this year for the first time. huge blooms too.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:54 PM

Post #7745885

Here is the BLACK bud.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
2:07 PM

Post #7745925

The orange iris still sleeping.

Thumbnail by mekos

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 28, 2010
3:13 PM

Post #7746132

Been off prowling again. Friend of my sisters told his friend that I was interested in getting plants for my garden. We got permission to go on his property and remove some plants. His property runs up a hill and down into a canyon. There is about 15+ acres. Anyway his doing some grading and has a small waterfall that he is going to fix with a cement runoff cause he tried of hiking thru the mud to cross the area. He said I can have anything in the marked off areas. I came home with a trunk load and will be going back to get more. I found what looks to be wild hydragea bushes growing in the area he is grading. I brought home two. One still had dried flower head on it and it looks like a dried hydrangea flower. If they survive the transplant and bloom I'll find out. I also found Elderberry bushes on his land and dug one up for my yard. I found other plants that looked interesting so dug up anything I could find. Will post pictures when I can.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
3:45 PM

Post #7746201

WOW Marti, sounds like you found buried treasure and a good haul at that!
Here is one of my Amorphophallus. Putting up a second tree.

Thumbnail by mekos

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 28, 2010
3:51 PM

Post #7746212

Is that what is called a Devil's tongue or Voodoo Lily?
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #7746258

This one.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
4:16 PM

Post #7746275

Here is the voo doo lily or devil's tongue or rivieri. That is grandma before she died with hers.

Thumbnail by mekos

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 28, 2010
4:19 PM

Post #7746280

Someone said they really smell when they bloom. Do they?
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 28, 2010
4:25 PM

Post #7746291

Now I have really done it - I went to Aldi's today because they had JM (crimson red) for $12.99 in a one gallon pot. The looked pretty wilted but figured it would come out of it with some TLC. On closer inspection, they have been grafted and the graft looks fairly fresh to me. Any idea how to take care of them? I got two for me and one for my BF - the price was right! Should have known better than to buy a tree at a discount grocery store!!

(I am posting this in more than one location so some of you will see this same post more than once)

Mekos - I LOVE the brown iris! That is awesome.

Mindy - wow - what a deal!! Hope you found some real treasures!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 28, 2010
4:33 PM

Post #7746312

Mekos I have a new Amorph coming up and it seems to take forever. got 5 more pots I'm watching.
Here is the little darling.
Lori, they will be o.k. A lot of jpm are grafted.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
4:51 PM

Post #7746357

Lori my green cutleaf is grafted and I just plant in the ground and leave it alone except to water in the hot dry summer. They are usually easier to live if it is grafted.
My mouth waters, RRM. Do you know which one it is.
Marti, almost all the Amorphs. stink to high heaven when they first bloom open. But after a day or two it goes away. It stinks to attract blow flies. It uses the blow flies to pollinate it. :0)
Stinks like a dead animal or rotten meat. YUK

This message was edited Apr 28, 2010 8:16 PM
seray53

April 28, 2010
6:32 PM

Post #7746735

That's got to be the scariest guardian of the Amorph gate I've ever seen RRM! LOL

Glad to see you made it home AL! And got to enjoy your tulips.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 28, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #7746771

I think I'll leave you to grow it. I doubt it will grow outside here year round and I would not want it in the house incase it blooms.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
7:08 PM

Post #7746869

It won't bloom inside during winters girl. You take the bulb out of the pot and dry it on a window sill then plant it in spring. lol Actually some of them are cold hardy to zone 5.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #7746914

seray - I was thinkin the same exact thing - lol...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 28, 2010
8:00 PM

Post #7747073

mekos the seed came today thank youill let you know how they do im sure i can do this, love nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 28, 2010
8:06 PM

Post #7747087

thisafternoon i cut big seed of that tree peony its never done this before anyone ever hear of anything like that before i can,t find anything about seeds don,t think they would grow anything cause thost poeny are grafted i think.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
8:07 PM

Post #7747091

I'm glad they made it to you and sure hope they all sprout. I think you will like them, they are all pretty. I like the blue colored ones growing.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
8:08 PM

Post #7747097

I never heard of that Nettie. You will have to take a picture of it and show us.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 28, 2010
8:26 PM

Post #7747143

What is this hosta doing?

Thumbnail by enidcandles

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
9:22 PM

Post #7747265

It's making a bloom little buddy.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2010
9:36 PM

Post #7747296

Here's Strickly Jazz...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2010
9:37 PM

Post #7747299

Just Teasing, Strickly Jazz and Smoked Gouda...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2010
9:37 PM

Post #7747300

Spice Lord - I love this one!

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2010
9:39 PM

Post #7747304

Grandpa Otts seedling blooming - lol...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2010
9:41 PM

Post #7747308

Baby likes her belly tickled - looks like she's laughing...

Thumbnail by locakelly

enidcandles
Enid, OK

April 29, 2010
4:07 AM

Post #7747535

Ah, cute pup!

Thanks Mekos - I thought for a minute it had a tumor! I forgot hostas bloomed - thought they just stayed green. I have no idea what I am doing! I keep doing it though and things are starting to look pretty good around here.

Here is a bloom from one of my $1.98 Hino Azaleas. I bought three, two Hino and one white one - forget the name at the moment. They are small but healthy, I have no idea why they were on clearance but they are doing good for me (so far).

Thumbnail by enidcandles

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 29, 2010
5:46 AM

Post #7747682

Chicken Love, Lil Rooster has a new girlfriend. donkey tried to make chicken pate. Durn donkey!1I put her in here with him. He is in love.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 29, 2010
10:27 AM

Post #7748553

OH MY! Loca, those are amazing! I love them, especially the spice lord and the picture above it-the blue/white one. TO DIE FOR! The puppy is adorable too. Just makes you want one. Kisses for puppy (:0).
RRM, I love the rooster, wouldn't be safe to turn your back on it if I was close!!! Poor chicken, no need for shicken soup.
Hi every one, beautiful cool sunny day today.
Have a great day little buddies.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 29, 2010
4:00 PM

Post #7749312

He gentle, but he won't let you get close. that's Ms. chicken his new wife. rescued from Longears. she is getting better, healing very well. Poor ms. Ckn.
Dogs don't bother them either, they are all in same pen.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 29, 2010
7:13 PM

Post #7749909

enid planted those peach iris late thisafternoon they seam happy ill try and be a good moma love little nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 29, 2010
8:56 PM

Post #7750185

Hey you guys, I went to the grocery store a found a fruit coctail tree with 4 kinds of fruit on it and it is LOADED with fruit. It is about my height. So I bought me one. probably should have got 2 for pollenation purposes but didn't think till I got home with it. It has peaches, plums, nectarines,and apricot. AND the best part it didn't cost the 35-40 plus shipping costs I saw in the nursery catalogs, it cost me $14.00. What a deal! I may go back tomorrow and get another. Preserves are a coming!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 29, 2010
9:01 PM

Post #7750195

ok day has been long going to bed. hugs all around hope it warms up in the north and rains at my place good night all love nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

April 29, 2010
9:04 PM

Post #7750206

rj long thread help please thank you
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

April 30, 2010
4:13 AM

Post #7750459

I went yesterday and got me some echinceas. I found tomato soup, mac and cheese, sundown, kim knee high, now i just have to wait for good weather. lol.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

April 30, 2010
7:18 AM

Post #7750853

Sounds like you are about to have a garden of summer beauty. Show pictures. We love pictures.
I'm on my way back to the dr. this morning to get another round of bad reports, don't know why I go in the first place, I can get depressed enough without her help.(;0(
Good morning world. Have a great day!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

April 30, 2010
7:51 AM

Post #7750956

New thread peeps... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1092947/

Happy Friday!

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

May 11, 2010
9:54 PM

Post #7785523

huny ive started teaching my grown kids to beg for flowers missy came by this afternoon with the back in full they are all in my push cart waiting to go in the groung bless hershe is a good girl and a hard worker she is going to help me clean all the carpet in this house. we will be wore out by the time we fenish. it was her idea not myne ill do all the low stuff cause im 5 ft tall she is 5ft7in. so glad ive got her she helps me alot
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

May 11, 2010
10:16 PM

Post #7785543

me to post a picture if i could do yhis by myself wou better. what i need is plain englidh owners manual that is not going to happen. sure wish i could. love youall nettie and thank s to everyone for the happy moyhers day that was very nice

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America