Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

April Pictures

Ripley, MS

I thought I would start a new thread for pictures since things are really popping now.
Of course if we want to chat, we will chat too !

White Verbena

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Evelyn Salvia

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Silver Swan Euphorbia
It looks pretty in front of the yellow barberry bush, although it only got put there because there was an empty spot of dirt--LOL--worked out pretty good anyway !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Purple Homestead verbena

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

This is a named columbine, but I don't remember its name, I will look and edit later

I went and looked--her name is Dorothy Rose, I think I bought her at Dabneys last year.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2010 1:52 PM

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Same one

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

This picture is for Bonnie--See how pretty the golden creeping Jenny has gotten you gave me, also this bed has the JM you gave me in it at the very back

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Bleeding hearts

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Variegated Solomon Seal

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Don't these just make you smile when you look at them
violas--or Johnny jump up's

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Last one for now
Calendine Poppy--did I spell that right Kathy Ann???

Thumbnail by slcdms
Booneville, MS

Sandra, your pics are great! You'll have to save some seed from that columbine. That's a pretty one.
I took a few pictures today. Not many. I have been working in the yard all day while I can.

Here is my Lady Banks. She is about a fourth of the size she was last year. I cut her way back last fall to move the fence. We built the trellis a couple of weeks ago.

Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
Booneville, MS

Here's the steps to the lake. they are looking pretty good right now if you ignore the weeds. lol

Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
Booneville, MS

Bonnie, I had to show you this pic. I finally got the Creeping jenny to come back after how many tries! lol I put it in 3 places and they all came back.

terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
Booneville, MS

I wish I could remember the name of this rose. I have had it for 20 years and it has never had black spot and it has never been sprayed.

Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice pics, Sandra, and Terrye. You 2 have a lot going on there.

Hello, Terrye, I'm Karen. Sandra knows me from the Fun, Crazy, Sillies thread in the Parking Lot forums. Obviously I'm not so far along here, but I'm not too far behind y'all. We've gotten a head start here because of mild weather coming sooner than normal. We even had one day up to 90 here, a record for a day in April. And we broke a record for rainfall in March. Over 11" that month.

Karen

Ripley, MS

Karen, you are certainly welcome to add some of your pictures here too, we love seeing other peoples plants. You have some great photography too !!

Booneville, MS

Hi, Karen. Great to see you on Midsouth.

Terrye

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Ohhh Sandra,so glad your JM is doing that well. I have tons more creeping jenny if you need it. It is puttin on a show here too.

Terrye - your Lady Banks is beautiful !

I'll share a few pics since some of these won't be blooming next week when you all get here.

clematis - elsa spath and asao

Thumbnail by n2birds

Probably my favorite bed - but really my favorite when the goats beards bloom.

Thumbnail by n2birds
Jacksonville, AR

Would you believe this is from my yard? Didnt think so. Went to Garvin Gardens for the first time today. Wanted one of each type plant, in every color they come in. One or two of the bridges and waterfalls would be nice also.

Thumbnail by JanieP

columbine

Thumbnail by n2birds

pink azalea

Thumbnail by n2birds

Janie - that azalea is so pretty. I hope that is the same one I planted out front this year.

clematis - nellie moser

Thumbnail by n2birds
Jacksonville, AR

My Weigelia's do not have flowers almost the length of the branch.

Thumbnail by JanieP

Clematis - Crystal Fountain (new to me last year)

Thumbnail by n2birds

Clematis - Multi Blue

Thumbnail by n2birds

Terrye - your creeping jenny looks great where you have it in contrast with what that is beside it. You may wish you never got it started. lol

iris - ima kinda lima (Genna - I think I sent you one of these)

Thumbnail by n2birds
Jacksonville, AR

I hope your Azalea is like the ones that were in the gardens also. They had so many shades of purple and pink. One of my favorites was the one in this picture, but this picture doesnt show the foliage clearly. It it is a Florida ?? Native Azalea.

Thumbnail by JanieP

Iris - Tea Leaves (not very impressed with this one - small blooms)

Thumbnail by n2birds

Janie - I am trying to "plan" my color scheme out front - lol - don't know how long that will last. lol I have planted the whites, yellows, oranges, lavendars and reds (which I haven't done yet) - we will see how that goes.

Iris - Broadband (little blurry - sorry)

Thumbnail by n2birds

Small - noid iris - first bloom out by my koi pond. See my babies in the background?

Thumbnail by n2birds

Allium - haven't looked up the name of this one yet. (Isn't this the coolest bloom!!)

Thumbnail by n2birds
Ripley, MS

Wonderful pictures, keep them coming. I love all the iris, I saw Kathy Ann posted some on FB--we are going to get her, she needs to be over here-LOL

Booneville, MS

Bonnie, love that Elsa Spath! I'm going to have to look for that one. Asao is the only one I have open so far but all the others are close.

I have a habit of planting things I later regret. I spent today thinning obedient plant, mums and sedums along with others. lol The color of the creeping jenny just makes it irresistable.

Charlotte, you will love that Sango Kaku. That is one of my favorite JMs.

Terrye

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, more nice pretties! Thanks for the welcome, Terrye. Sandra, I'll add a few, though they're probably ones you've already seen.

n2birds, I really love that Broadband iris. Gorgeous!

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

That was 'Leonard Messel' magnolia. Here's another shot of it.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

One more of that one.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Pulsatilla (pasque flower).

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Yellow double primrose.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.