Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Landscape: Zone9B Xeriscape: Unbelievable! When can you do mine?

Communities > Forums > Landscape: Zone9B Xeriscape
bookmark
Forum: Landscape: Zone9B XeriscapeReplies: 1, Views: 346
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
waywardgarden
Clearwater, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 18, 2010
7:57 PM

Post #7716722

Unbelievable! It makes me want to go out and redo my entire yard right now! I love it on so many levels. Excellent way to deal with the heat, intense sun and sandy soil so characteristic of zone 9. I am totally inspired. I have only one question...how are the ants?
ogrejelly
Gilbert, AZ
(Zone 9b)

June 16, 2010
12:21 PM

Post #7894140

Sorry I have not looked at this thread in a while. Ants are pretty good as I have a very prolific lizard and bird population. Pretty early on I noticed that zero pesticides equal more lizards and birds which more than compensates for the lack of chemical control. Last month we did get quite a few invaders who seem to be seeking water not food. I placed a bunch of lizard water dishes outside in strategic locations (away from house) and they seem to have tapered off. I did not place them for the ants rather I'm trying to stop Tiger Whiptail lizards from taking a fatal dive in my pool. I have four lizard species in my yard and only the Whiptails seem to think they can swim. They can't!!! :(

Since the bowls have been in place, no more lizards in my pool. I hope this is not just a coincidence nor the ants leaving me alone since putting them in place. Thx for the nice comments on the project! It has actually been fun.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010 1:45 PM

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: Zone9B Xeriscape Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America