Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges': Are Euphorbs salt tolerant?

Communities > Forums > Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges'
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges'Replies: 2, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
beachbum8
Palm Coast, FL

April 19, 2010
5:55 AM

Post #7717489

I was wondering if any of the Euphorbs are tolerant of salt spray? We live near the ocean. Also, do they have any shade tolernace?
rcn48
Lexington, VA
(Zone 6a)

April 20, 2010
2:55 AM

Post #7720220

I'm not real familiar with "salt tolerant" plants since it's not a problem for us so I had to do some research. I couldn't find any of these Euphorbias listed as being salt tolerant. The one exception I found was Euphorbia polychroma 'First Blush' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/76537/ so I suspect any of the Euphorbia polychromas would work. This species does tolerate shade but some have more striking foliage color if grown with more sun, i.e. E. 'Bonfire' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/123889/.
beachbum8
Palm Coast, FL

May 2, 2010
8:23 AM

Post #7756791

To answer my own question, I found out Euphorbia peplis and E. paralias are tolerant of salt spray.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hardy Euphorbias in the Garden An Untamed Passion for 'Shrubby Spurges' Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very well presented article pirl 7 Jan 26, 2008 2:11 AM
Lovely Shrubs debnes_dfw_tx 3 Jan 28, 2008 5:52 PM
Wow, I'm impressed! darius 7 Jan 26, 2008 8:12 PM
Oh mercy.... Chantell 2 Jan 26, 2008 1:51 AM
Talisman Tiger? bearroadie2 6 Apr 20, 2010 10:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America