Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Great English gardens - Bide A Wee Cottage garden: zone

Communities > Forums > Article: Great English gardens - Bide A Wee Cottage garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Great English gardens - Bide A Wee Cottage gardenReplies: 4, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

irisMA

irisMA
South Hamilton, MA

April 23, 2010
3:16 AM

Post #7729270

I am surprised at the 8a zone designation on the northeast area. Great plant combinations & surprised the tree fern is growing there. Protection given by hills etc.?
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

April 23, 2010
4:45 AM

Post #7729370

Sue: Great article on a charming place. I enjoyed your descriptions and a visit sometime in the future would be wonderful!

Angie
kniphofia
Morpeth
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

April 23, 2010
10:05 AM

Post #7730145

Bide A Wee is situated in the Northumberland countryside near Morpeth. I visited last weekend when they were open for the National Gardens Scheme. The past winter has been the worst here for 30 and sadly the tree ferns look like they've suffered. They are sheltered by the quarry wall. I'll be visiting again in early May and see how they look then. Unfortunately the wonderful Euphorbia mellifera looked like it had been killed off.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sunblest5
Ashington
United Kingdom

April 23, 2010
11:32 AM

Post #7730334

Great Article Sue :) I've been lucky enough to visit Bide A Wee cottage garden on several occasions with Sue and I have been inspired by the many beautiful different variety of borders that are in the garden and have never been disappointed what ever the weather!

This message was edited Apr 23, 2010 3:36 PM
phoebesviolets
Land of OZ, CT
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2010
4:30 PM

Post #7730946

I enjoyed your article very much! The photos are lovely. As a matter of fact, now that I see your forum name, I recognize it easily, as I have been a fan of your photos for some time!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Great English gardens - Bide A Wee Cottage garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fantastic! NEILMUIR1 0 Apr 26, 2010 3:48 AM
Beautiful MacLomandra 0 Apr 26, 2010 6:08 AM
My favourite place Galanthophile 2 Apr 26, 2010 7:52 PM
Thanks for sharing this garden! Calif_Sue 2 Apr 26, 2010 11:08 AM
Bide a Wee Cottage Garden omasuziq 1 Apr 26, 2010 9:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America