Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Taggarts of Tyler County West Virginia

Cocoa, FL(Zone 9a)

I've been searching my fingers and eyes off on the net looking online for more information on the Taggart side of my family. So far I've only been able to get as far as my Great Great Grandfather, James William Taggart born c. 1856 died c. 1921. I'm not sure if those dates are right but they fit the name, which is very common and in no way unique. He had 3 sons with his wife Suscelia Jane Polen.

The names of their sons are as follows: Vance Rue Taggart, Persia Earl Taggart, and James Isaac Holly Taggart. The sons all moved to Lawrence County, Illinois area at least two of which worked for the Big Four Oil & Gas Company. I'm trying to find more information about both James William and Suscelia Jane Polen but so far have not had any luck. I was lucky enough to find the information on my Great Grandfather Vance Rue Taggart.

If anyone can offer some assistance I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm basically hoping to trace my Taggart Family back to the United Kingdom or where ever my Tree my lead me.

Thanks,
Katie

Linton, IN

My grandfather was Vance Rue Taggart. I also am trying to find more information.

Linton, IN

I have some information dating back to 1785. James William Taggart lived on Wheelers Run which he inherited from his father James Taggart, Jr. Born 2/18/1820 died 9/18/1862 in Tyler County , West Virginia. He married Serena Hanks McCrum 9/12/1845. James and Cecilia had 11 children.

Linton, IN

I don't have your address but I will copy the information I have and mail it to your father.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.