Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Perennial Plant Association selects Baptisia australis as the 2010 Perennial of the Year: Love this plant!

Communities > Forums > Article: Perennial Plant Association selects Baptisia australis as the 2010 Perennial of the Year
bookmark
Forum: Article: Perennial Plant Association selects Baptisia australis as the 2010 Perennial of the YearReplies: 0, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
starcat
East Rochester, NY

April 26, 2010
7:31 AM

Post #7738256

I have one of these plants - and it is just beautiful. It is a good 3' x 4' now - in the sun, in sandy soil, and is watered by my neighbor's downspout. It sits next to the neighbors driveway & garage. It is 6 years old now. My neighbor loves it too, and so I have left it where it is. I have had to put in some shade lovers right next to it - since it does throw a shadow. It looked like nothing when I first bought it, and did nothing where I first planted it - in a sunny perenial bed so I moved it in year two to its present location and it just took off . I think the downspout is the reason. It did not bloom until the third year, but every year since it has bloomed better & better. And grown a little bigger each year. Wonderful plant. I have read that if you cut it back by a third you can get a second bloom. Is this true? It is so pretty, I hate to touch it, but would love more flowers.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Perennial Plant Association selects Baptisia australis as the 2010 Perennial of the Year Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
'minim' carrielamont 3 Apr 25, 2010 6:06 PM
Thanks for the reminder! Igrowinpa 7 Apr 26, 2010 6:10 PM
difficult to move! purplefinch 2 Apr 26, 2010 6:13 PM
Long Lived? At least 12 years! devonrose 1 Apr 26, 2010 3:13 PM
Baptisia australis Hypatia10 4 Aug 2, 2010 7:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America