Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed: Tree Peony

Communities > Forums > Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed
bookmark
Forum: Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and ChickweedReplies: 2, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
edcd
Morristown, NJ
United States

April 26, 2010
8:18 AM

Post #7738440

We have a tree peony that has been in the family and moved from home to home for 3 generations. For some reason squirrels have decided to eat the flower buds in the late winter/early spring. Deer netting does not work. Any suggestions?
edcd
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2010
10:47 AM

Post #7738966

edcd, this would be appropriate to post in this forum:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/pad/all/
growsome
Traumuntana mountain
Spain

April 28, 2010
9:24 AM

Post #7745224

This my first entry into Dave's garden and the post concerning tree peonies I think may be a good place to start .
Sadly I cannot give any advice regarding Tree. peonies as I have only one years experience with these wonderful plants .Eighteen months ago I purchased an unnamed Peonie root rapped in paper and a little damp soil. It appeared to be barely alive. however I thought a little care and attention might prove very rewarding so. I potted the root in a large deep pot and looked forward to the first leaves and to my added delight one large flower bud the following spring..Such success prompted the purchase of a half wine barrel and then transplanting the plant into its new home.
This spring the plant has abundant leaves and several buds. The plant appears to be happy but I need advice regarding its long term treatment
My location is !400 feet above sea level in the Traumuntana mountains on the Balearic Islands {Spain } The climate is perhaps similar to California but with the governing effects of the Mediteranian sea
I look forward to hearing from anyone with experience of Peonies

Growsome

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
henbit, deadnettle and chickweed barbobbi 2 May 2, 2010 9:30 PM
dead nettie heygeno 3 Apr 26, 2010 4:04 PM
oh...deadnettle! ratlover1 1 Apr 26, 2010 6:36 PM
Chickweed patgeorge 2 May 2, 2010 2:03 PM
Sore all over... Rookerie 1 Apr 26, 2010 2:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America