Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed: Tree Peony

Communities > Forums > Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed
bookmark
Forum: Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and ChickweedReplies: 2, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
edcd
Morristown, NJ
United States

April 26, 2010
8:18 AM

Post #7738440

We have a tree peony that has been in the family and moved from home to home for 3 generations. For some reason squirrels have decided to eat the flower buds in the late winter/early spring. Deer netting does not work. Any suggestions?
edcd
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2010
10:47 AM

Post #7738966

edcd, this would be appropriate to post in this forum:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/pad/all/
growsome
Traumuntana mountain
Spain

April 28, 2010
9:24 AM

Post #7745224

This my first entry into Dave's garden and the post concerning tree peonies I think may be a good place to start .
Sadly I cannot give any advice regarding Tree. peonies as I have only one years experience with these wonderful plants .Eighteen months ago I purchased an unnamed Peonie root rapped in paper and a little damp soil. It appeared to be barely alive. however I thought a little care and attention might prove very rewarding so. I potted the root in a large deep pot and looked forward to the first leaves and to my added delight one large flower bud the following spring..Such success prompted the purchase of a half wine barrel and then transplanting the plant into its new home.
This spring the plant has abundant leaves and several buds. The plant appears to be happy but I need advice regarding its long term treatment
My location is !400 feet above sea level in the Traumuntana mountains on the Balearic Islands {Spain } The climate is perhaps similar to California but with the governing effects of the Mediteranian sea
I look forward to hearing from anyone with experience of Peonies

Growsome

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
henbit, deadnettle and chickweed barbobbi 2 May 2, 2010 9:30 PM
dead nettie heygeno 3 Apr 26, 2010 4:04 PM
oh...deadnettle! ratlover1 1 Apr 26, 2010 6:36 PM
Chickweed patgeorge 2 May 2, 2010 2:03 PM
Sore all over... Rookerie 1 Apr 26, 2010 2:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America