Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed: Chickweed

Communities > Forums > Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed
bookmark
Forum: Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and ChickweedReplies: 2, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
patgeorge
Nurmo
Finland
(Zone 4b)

April 26, 2010
9:33 AM

Post #7738698

Common Chickweed is just as common in my native England and here in Finland. It goes quite nicely in salads, and is rich in vitamins and minerals, although an excess can be diuretic.
Bluesplash
Bridgeville, DE
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #7741726

I just heard last week about chickweed tasting like corn on the cob and I tried it and it DOES! I don't know why we didn't eat it children around here - we ate everything else including the dog food. I didn't know an excess could be diuretic thank you for that info.
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

May 2, 2010
2:03 PM

Post #7757594

Chickweed is a hateful thing if it gets away from you in the strawberries.
So you all are eating it?

Hummmmp!

Are you really, really sure?

Well, I guess while I am picking the strawberries I could fill up on chickweed instead of my strawberries.

Is it one of those things that you put salad dressing on, or do I eat it straight?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
henbit, deadnettle and chickweed barbobbi 2 May 2, 2010 9:30 PM
dead nettie heygeno 3 Apr 26, 2010 4:04 PM
oh...deadnettle! ratlover1 1 Apr 26, 2010 6:36 PM
Tree Peony edcd 2 Apr 28, 2010 9:24 AM
Sore all over... Rookerie 1 Apr 26, 2010 2:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America