Tod's 2009 Dahlias for Postage

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yes, its that time again, actually I'm quite late again! I will be offering most of my 2009 tubers in flat rate boxes (one per requester), as many as will reasonably fit and still ensure tuber safety. Last year the box cost was $10.35, I have to check if that went up by now.

I will do this on a first come first serve basis, and keep it going till all are gone. As I go through my orders from this year, I may add some of the freebies that I've received to the available list. You can post your preferences here, or send me a dmail.

Anyway, you'll find the varieties available below, with a tuber count. This count is the number of tubers I have, they are not all sprouting yet by any means. I don't want to send you a non-sprouting tuber, so I've put them in bags of potting soil by windows, so they should be coaxed awake if possible. As a reference, here are the links to the photos I posted of the offerings. Some available you will not see there, as no decent flowers were produced before frost.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1020605/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1041077/

I will likely have another contest if I only have one box left and more than one requester remaining.

Here are the varieties available:

Abracadabra (3), Ad Lib (4), Aitara Majesty (3), Almand Supreme (4), Alva's Supreme (1), American Dream (1), Angela Dodi (10), Anna (5), Argyle Ray (2), Arthur's Delight (13), Barbara Hardisty Kantor (2), Belle of Barmera (8), Bloomquist Glow (5), Bob Fitzjohn (7), Cafe au Lait (8), Candy Jayne (6), Clearview Snowcap (4), Corin (4), Creekside Volcano (3), Curly Flame (7), Debra Ann Craven (5), Dick Westfall (7), Elma Elizabeth (6), Enbun (3), F. E. Mae (3), Fern Ridge Pride (3), Flapjack (3), Freedom Fighter (4), Gitt's Respect (1), Grand Prix (3), Hollyhill 6-in-1 Red (5), Hollyhill 6-in-1 Yellow (3), Hollyhill Jester (4), Inland Dynasty (3), Island Flare (8), Jewel Huston (3), Kea Magic (4), Kenora Jubilee (3), Kogane Fubuki (5), Laura's Dream (1), Lavender Perfection (2), Lupin Peltier (4), Marlene Joy (6), Marvelous Mel (2), Masurao (3), Mingus Fern G. (5), Mingus Kay Lynn (10), Mom's Special (8), Mr. Larry (3), Ms. Megan (3), "Mystery Tuber" (5), "Narnia" (11), Northern Lights (3), Oreti Stacy (1), Parkland Glory (5), Penhill Andrea's Memory (3), Penhill Maroon Globe (2), Pinelands Cyrowen (3), Polyand (3), Prime Minister (4), Radegast (8), Regina (7), Ryn Fou (3), Sea Helado (2), Skipley Grande (12), Snoho Doris (19), Snoho Triumph (7), Sorbet (9), Survivor (5), Sylvia Hunter Craig (9), Tartan (2), Tabejo (2), Thomas Edison (1), Tioga Autumn (1), Twilight Time (5), Vagabond(7), Variegated Akita (5), Walter Hardisty (7), Wanda's Aurora (7), White Kelvin (7), Winkie Colonel (5), Wyn's Delta Frank (6), Wyn's Honeycomb (1), Wyn's N.E.W. Paster (13), Wyn's Radiant Star (6), Wyn's Simon's Honor (5), Wyn's Sundazzler (3), Xenon (4), Zorro (5)

This message was edited Apr 26, 2010 12:56 PM

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Tod - Looks like I am first in line on the request list for the year. I had pretty much filled my available gardening space, but now I am slowly expanding out into the lawn - digging it up foot by foot to prepare new beds...... I'll send you a dmail of the list of requests.

By the way, Medium size flat rate postage for this year is $10.70.

Thanks a lot!!!!!
Dianne

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Oh, gosh, so excited, Tod. Could I get these:

Grand Prix
Hollyhill 6-in-1 Yellow
Inland Dynasty
Kenora Jubilee
Masurao
Parkland Glory
Winkie Colonel
Wyn's Delta Frank
Wyn's Radiant Star
Wyn's Sundazzler

Boise, ID

Man, I looked through that list a few times and I keep finding new ones every time I look. Parkland Glory and Inland Dynasty are fantastic choices.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Tod,

I'd love to have a box. Any Mingus, Penhill or Wyn's you choose are perfectly fine with me.
Please let me know when you'd like to receive postage.

Thank you so much,
Susan

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh man Christmas in April! Here's my list...drool

Debra Ann Craven
Bloomquist Glow
Elma Elizabeth
Almand Supreme
Inland Dynasty
Parkland Glory
Survivor
Wandas Aurora
Sorbet
Sylvia Craig Hunter
Wyn's Sundaler
Argyle Ray
Kenora Jubilee

I am beyond excited!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Todd, I truly appreciate your generosity.

Cafe Au Lait
Curly Flame
Inland Dynasty, if still available
Kelvin's White
Sorbet
Survivor
Mingus Fern
Mingus Kay Lynn

Thanks!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WILL YOU BE LETTING US KNOW HOW MUCH POSTAGE IS ??? THAKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY
FROM MICH ALSO :)

ANNA
CANDY JANE
CLEAR VIEW SNOWCAP
KENORA JUBILEE
MASURAO
MINGUS KAY LYNN
MOM;S SPECIAL
HOLLYHILL SIX IN ONE RED
INLAND DYNASTY
SUVIVOR
VEGA BOND
WANDAS AURORA
SORBET
SNOHO DORIS

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

VAGABOND
REGINA
SURVIVOR
ANNA

thank you for your generosity

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Clearview Snowcap
Ms Megan
Narnia
Parkland Glory
Babara Hardesty Kantor
Migus Fern (I think those are all gone)
Kenora Macop
Bob Fitzjohn

I hope I have not ask for too many and if they have already been spoke for, I would be happy with just any......
This is unbelieveable! I did a stupid thing last year and lost mine, I am so excited and promise NOT to do another stupid thing.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I too would love a box of these beauties. No specifics, just grab whats left please?
Thanks
LK

The postage is $10.70 for a regular size flat rate box. On average I get about 8 in there, depends on how small/big they are. I really don't know how the professional sellers get so many more in there. :)

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Tod I'd like a box as well. Whatever you have. I'm not particular.

Thanks,
Juanita

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

is your address in the exchange so we can mail you the postage now ???

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

This is my list.If some is already gone anything will really do...Thanks so much..I missed out on this last year....
Candy JAne
Kenora Jubilee
Masurao
Smoho Triumph
Vagabond
Sorbet
Ryn For
Lupin Peltier
Ad lib
Holly Hill Six in one Yellow

New Hyde Park, NY

Tod, just to let you know that I sent you a D-Mail!

Thanks again!

Carol

Bartlett, TN(Zone 7b)

oh my!!! don't know what to say!! Those all look amazing & very kind of you!!
D- mail sent!!

Kristy

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Tod once again your generosity is tremendous!! I'll send you a dmail...I would be happy with any that are not spoken for! thanks so much!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Tod - I'd be thrilled with American Dream and Ms. Megan - that's all. Thanks so much.

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Tod, I have none and any left overs would be appreciated. Thanks
Faye

Port Sanilac, MI

Hi Tod: I sure would like a box; you sent me one last year and they all bloomed! The picture is of Devil Durio Albert. Any of the flowers you have listed will be just fine as I have none of them. I have your address and will get my check out tomorrow. I will d-mail you my address. Thanks again for your generosity. Kay

Thumbnail by kays_camelot

pirl, i saved the American Dream with you in mind, but I don't have tremendous hope for it, it wasn't a perfect tuber. We'll see. Ms. Megan is sort of iffy too. Doesn't it bum you out when one you really like doesn't produce a good crop? :(

If I can't wake it up, White Flower Farm has American Dream:
http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/40869-product.html

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

I would like of box of your beautiful tubors, if you please? No preferences, just surprise me. Sending dmail. Thank you so much!

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Tod,
I would be interested in any leftovers that you might have left also. I only have one that I just bought at Lowes so any would be appreciated.

Thanks anyhow, Tod. If there was something else I wanted from WFF it might be worth ordering but with the cost of shipping I'll skip it.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I would be glad to pay for postage for a few if you have any left. I collect dahlias as well. especially the dwarfs.
Thanks, let me know if any left.. Debra

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Do you have any left? Please let me know as I would love to send the postage for them.

Burleson, TX(Zone 7b)

I'm not picky. I would appreciate any you have left.
Thank you. What a fun effort on your part!
Karen

Note sure if I can get to the last requests yet, but I will see. If not, the last box will be offered in a contest for all the remaining people who didn't get one.

You are one VERY NICE GUY, Tod!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I second that!!!

Boise, ID

Indeed. Way to spread the love, Tod!

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

If there are any left, I would love to try growing some. I don't have any dahlias.
Thanks,
Pam

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Well, forget worrying about me, I do have dahlias.. if any left and not in a contest give my request to someone who doesn't have any of these beautys..
Debra

Lindenhurst, NY

Oh what a nice generous offer, if you have any left I will send postage for some.
thanks

edited to say:
In case you do have some left, here's the ones I would love to get:
CAFE AU LAIT
ARGYLE RAY
BARBARA HARDISTY KANTOR
BELL OF BARMERA
ELMA ELIZABETH
SYLVIA HUNTER CRAIG
ZORRO
SURVIVOR
SKIPLEY GRANDE

This message was edited May 1, 2010 12:08 AM

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Pleaseeeeeeeee, I would love any of them. Just let me know the postage amt. and it's yours.

dahtzu, your chances are good, looking at your ranking, but I will have to get further along to see.

Turner, OR

I I email a while back and was wondering if you still had some dahlias for postage or trade
Marie

Hi Marie,

I am just getting started with mailing, but I have you on the list.

Tod

Turner, OR

Thank you so much
Marie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images