-
AuthorContent
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
12:34 PM

Post #7739203

Post your pics here and what you got at Rita's here.

that other thread was way too long even for high speed.
gen2026
Camden, AR

April 26, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #7739385

Just posting to mark the thread so I can enjoy everyone's pictures...

Genna
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
1:37 PM

Post #7739392

WEll, about 85% of mine are already in the ground, so I'll have to go around with my little note pad and write them all down to let you know what all I got LOL

i'll try to get that done real soon.

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2010
3:14 PM

Post #7739689

I've been working like a 1-armed paper hanger today trying to get mine somewhat grounded. Got at least 1/2 of it done, but I did take a few pictures.

Here is part of what I brought home.

(Thanks KA for the new thread)

Thumbnail by n2birds
Click the image for an enlarged view.

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2010
3:15 PM

Post #7739694

And some more...

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2010
3:17 PM

Post #7739700

This is what Sharon's sweet MIL brought me (all except that bottom one on the right). Lots of goodies !

This message was edited Apr 26, 2010 5:17 PM

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2010
3:20 PM

Post #7739706

Here is one of the pots I did along with my bird hanger gift. Isn't that the cutest bird hanger ! I have to find just the right thing to put on him now.

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2010
3:24 PM

Post #7739719

This is some I plan on putting into a pot. This will sure be a "bright" grouping, huh ?

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2010
3:26 PM

Post #7739727

Charlotte - has Sara joined DG yet ? We need her to show us her pretties too. She was into "purple" at Rita's it looked like. She sure was alot of fun.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 26, 2010
3:42 PM

Post #7739765

Wow, Bonnie, if you have already planted 1/2 of all those plants, you have really been busy! Looks like you made quite a haul! That bird plant hanger is really cute!

Kathy Ann, Charlotte and I swapped plant trays today so we now have the right plants! LOL I got them all in the ground today except the rice paper plant. I was reading about it in plant files and the information there said that it can get quite big and is invasive. Is it that way for you? I will bring your milkweeds and other plants to you tomorrow.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2010
3:50 PM

Post #7739784

Isn't that bird hanger cute - it is pretty heavy duty too.. I think heavier than Kim thought it would be. I think next year though - I will tell everybody "no gifts". It was like a birthday or something for me - when it was Kim's birthday.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 26, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #7739806

I am back on line, and I had lots of fun--and lots of pain !!! I did not make many pictures either, I did make some at Rita's on Thursday, but have not unloaded them yet. I scrambled to get the house straightened up this morning, so the Dixie-Net guys could come in my bedroom where the boxes are located, and then they sent the stuff home with Cayla when she got off work and she fixed it.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2010
4:02 PM

Post #7739825

Glad you are back with us Sandra. Are you any better at all ?

Kenny told me Jim is doing so well from his surgery that they are probably gonna let him go home tomorrow. I think the pathologist report is supposed to be back tomorrow as well.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2010 6:03 PM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
4:03 PM

Post #7739828

yes, I couldn't figure why you wanted that one and didn't take the variegated petitsites, cause the petitsites is less invasive as the ricepaper plant is. It's not too bad though, you'll just have to pull the babies up when their unwanted, the leaves are big and beautiful and you can under plant things like the asarum canadense under it. or any other things like ajuga. which is what I do.

I see you've been busy Bonnie.

I just tore myself away from the sewing machine, can go get a list now of what I bought.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
7:41 PM

Post #7740597

Bonnie you got some really neat stuff and you have been busy!!! I got a little more of mine done today but still have a lot to do. I am going to be really busy this week but I am going to try to stay home for most of tomorrow and get some things in the ground. I think I have over committed myself this week - going to have to learn to say NO!
Sandra I'm so sorry you want be going to Rita's! But I do understand that sometime you do just have to do what is best for your body! Hope you get some relief from you pain soon!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
7:54 PM

Post #7740649

What do you mean she won't be going to Rita's any more?

I was able to go out and write down what I bought, I didn't buy much to put into pots, but some, not had time to plant them in pots yet though.

This is what all I got, not all at Rita's but from the whole weekend

I'm embarrassed to type it all up there's so much LOL

This isn't including the plants that Charlotte and bonnie gave me. and the ones that Marilyn is bringing me tomorrow. But remember, I have a new garden to plant LOL

Hydrangeas:
Oakleaf alice
little honey
abracadabra orb
annabelle
moonvine climbing hydrangea

Foxglove giant shirley
cuphia twinkle pink
basil valentina
ajugas ; dixie chip and toffee chip and matallica crispa
fennel
green globe artichoke
some tomatoes
one was variegated
2 iochromas
mojito elephant ear
henry garnet sweet spire
maestro sedum
Phlox: junior dance, junior dream, laura, p barton, white flame, orange perfection, starfire, sherbert cocktail
coral nymph salvia
leucantemun (spelling) banana cream (shasta daisy)
filipendula ulmaria variegata
eupatorium maculatum gateway
golden tansy, I lost mine last year
stachys pink cotton candy
cardinal queen victoria
yarrow strawberry seduction
columbine blue angel
echinacea green jewel and avalanch
coriopsis lightning flash
agastache summer glow
4 varieties of coleus

think I got enough?

I got everything planted but the bushes and the shade plants.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2010
8:07 PM

Post #7740689

I meant to say sorry that Sandra does not feel like going to Jeri's - not Rita's!!! Tired tonight! You did get a bunch and have been busy if you've got that all in the ground!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 27, 2010
5:00 AM

Post #7741261

You must have worked like a beaver on Sunday if you got all that in the ground, Kathy Ann! I can see you running around your garden in "fast forward" LOL
savagegardener
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2010
5:35 AM

Post #7741371

Wow , Kathy Ann that is some list. I bet it is going to be beautiful. I finally got that new petunia " pretty much picasso" Thanks to Kathy Ann for pointing it out to me ... I probably would have missed that too if she hadn't.

We got a lot of the same plants , But I looked for a coral nymph salvia and usually find it at Rita's and never did see it , where did you find yours ? Mine usually reseeds it self profusely, but so far no seedlings ...maybe it got TOO cold for the seeds this winter..I don't know???

sorta disapointed , I always get Supertunia vista bubblegum pink petunias to plug in my beds for all summer color and outstanding growth and performance... could not find them anywhere at any of the nurseries.. Rita's had some in Hanging baskets but was out of the individual pots. We went to Morris and 4 seasons after we left yall, it was on our way home. We also stopped and dug up red buckeye trees on the side of the road going home..those things have a taproot on them from heck

How was Homestead ? They probably had the supertunia I was looking for... I hate I missed it...I could probably never find my way down there on my own and Max was tuckered out from two days of driving and sitting waiting on me... so I could not really push my luck too much!! Ha , Ha

Sandra - Did you get the two iochromas you wanted ? I have the purple one , if you want one?

Great Thanks to Bonnie for a great lunch and day at her house...her home and gardens are beautiful and the food was deliscious!! Looking for rendevous rub now, so we can give our smoker another try. The hash brown casserole and grape salad was awesome , too. Thank you so much for everything you and DH did for us !!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
5:41 AM

Post #7741385

OK here are mine again - group 1

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
5:43 AM

Post #7741390

The second group

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #7741397

One of my pots with new plants in it.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
5:46 AM

Post #7741403

Another pot.

Thumbnail by cperdue

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
5:51 AM

Post #7741413

Hanging basket with Rita's gold fern in it. The other fern I dug from the yard. I'm headed outside in a little while to try and get the rest of my stuff in the ground. I have somewhere to go tonight, but I have decided I'm not leaving my house today until then. Got to wash dirty clothes, clean dirty, dirty house and get some things done in the yard.

Thumbnail by cperdue

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
5:52 AM

Post #7741422

I did not get the iochroma, because Becky was bringing me one to Jeri's the color that Rita had. I never did see the red one anywhere. I might just have to wait until next year and order that early in the season, since I am not going to Jeri's.
I did not even think about canceling until we got to Homestead--I bent over to look at a tag in a pot, I was way up on that hill where the hosta were and I thought I was going to have to live there--I would not have even walked up there except Kenny told me the verbena was there and I wanted to find a red one for Mamma, which there was not a red one anywhere except the annuals. My back bothered me the whole week end, but that was a real wake up call.
I will probably sit here and cry all week end you all are down there, but if I got 6 hours from home and it went completely out on me, I would be in real trouble. I have been so bad I could not stand long enough to shower without tears flowing and I really don't want to push until I get into that shape again
As much as I love our outings, I have to let common sense prevail, some days I go to Ripley and get a few groceries and just pushing the cart will put me down for a few hours, so Jerry had the joy of telling me he knew the week end would be too much--MEN-- !!!!!!!! You all notice he did not say a word before we left though, he knows me too well--LOL !!!!
Now everyone has to have fun for me and eat my share of all the good food !!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
5:59 AM

Post #7741435

Sandra we are going to really miss you at Jeri's!!!! But like you say common sense does have to prevail sometime. I hope you can get some relief from your back soon! Yes men like to be able to say "I told you so"!
Ems_Garden
Slidell, LA
(Zone 8b)

April 27, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #7741629

Great buys ladies, and KA - only thing I can say is WOW girl! LOL That is some list of plants!! Can't believe you have them planted already!

Bonnie - that bird hanger is adorable!

Sandra I am so sorry you are feeling bad and that I won't get to see you at Jeri's. But you really do have to take care of yourself. I'll miss you bunches and bunches!!!
gen2026
Camden, AR

April 27, 2010
7:23 AM

Post #7741702

Nice list KA!! I can't believe you already have them all planted!! I love the look of that starfire phlox... started to order it on the bluestone coop but it was one on the want list that had to be cut! LOL It said it didn't like humidity so I wondered how it would do here so let me know... Bet that Green Jewel echie is nice too!

Sandra, I am so sorry your back is causing you problems again! I know how much that hurts... mine has started to give me trouble again and the doctor said I was probably looking at a third surgery but I told him it was going to have to get worse before I went under the knife again. I am REALLY tired of being cut on! I hate that you won't be able to go to Jeri's... I was looking forward to seeing you again!

Genna
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
8:28 AM

Post #7741949

Well, I don't have anything planted ;o) I spent Sunday cleaning out beds and pots...maybe I will get some stuff planted today...maybe.

This is a picture of the goodies that I got

Thumbnail by duckmother

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
8:32 AM

Post #7741959

Plants that I got...minus a few coleus cuttings and a mother fern. All in all, I brought home around 40 plants.

Thumbnail by duckmother

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
8:55 AM

Post #7742012

You got some great stuff too. I'm out planting now. Had to come in and reload the washing machine!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
8:58 AM

Post #7742022

Hahahaha...that is why I am inside ;o) On my way out the door to plant some more.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
10:28 AM

Post #7742271

Sandra I am so sorry you are down, dang, and just as sorry you won't be going to Jeri's either. I might have to go to my mom's that weekend and Dave hasn't made up his mind if he wants to go or not, so I won't know til last minute. Probably not, but maybe the garden Gods will be with me. LOL
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
10:29 AM

Post #7742278

Nice plants ya'll!! Wow Charlotte, looook at all of that!!! How exciting!! KA that is quite the list you have there, I don't think I could handle that many plants at once, well in fact I know I couldn't handle that many plants at once. I'd be panicked, it would put me over the edge. LOL
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
11:12 AM

Post #7742427

Back in to take care of laundry.

Bonnie, the bird is too cute...KA and I knew you would like it! You got more plants than I realized. Is that an EE that I see? LOL

Sandra, I am sorry that you are not feeling any better. I know everyone will be sorry that you are unable to go to Jeri's. I guess the two of us can talk on DG while they are all shopping at nurseries ;o)

Golly, KA, I am always so amazed at the amount of stuff that we can get into your car!

Charlotte, the pots look great!

Back outside I go...

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2010
12:12 PM

Post #7742557

Yeah -- go ahead and say it Kim... I am a L..r !!

KA sure can pack a car, huh ? Did I see a shelf in her trunk? I don't know how in this world ya'll got all that stuff home. Charlotte's group had as much as you 2 did - and they had the whole bed of a truck.

Might I say today... I HATE MY JOB !! Here most of you are out playing with all your new plants and here I sit at work... waaa waaaa.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
1:00 PM

Post #7742646

Not me--it is cold here, I tried to walk around and look and had to come back inside for a coat !! that wind is cold here.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
1:27 PM

Post #7742713

I made some pictures of some things at Rita's when we went on Thursday, I know the rain spoiled the fun on Sat, so I will show some of the containers I made pictures of

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
1:28 PM

Post #7742719

next

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
1:29 PM

Post #7742722

another

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
1:32 PM

Post #7742736

I am having problems getting the pictures to load

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
1:32 PM

Post #7742740

took 3 tries for the last one

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
1:34 PM

Post #7742748

third try for this one

Thumbnail by slcdms

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
1:35 PM

Post #7742750

I don't have all of them planted, I went through the list again and only have less than half in the ground.

I'm headed out the door again, Loved the photos, will look closely again tonight at them.

homestead was great.

we have good taste Sharon LOL

coral nymph came from that nursery in Hernando that we stopped by. if you got one that already has bloomed chances are it won't come back next year as it only comes back by seed.

I spent less this year than I ever have before, I must have got some good deals LOL

I was also only buying perennials. i'll have to behave myself when I go to Jeri's

NOT!!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
1:36 PM

Post #7742756

Like you know how to do that Kathy Ann--LOL

Thumbnail by slcdms

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2010
1:52 PM

Post #7742790

You know what to buy KA. I just need to follow you around and pick up what you pick up, but then when I get home, I don't know what I have. lol. (not that I do now)
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 27, 2010
2:01 PM

Post #7742822

Those are great pictures, Sandra. I love all those beautiful container plants! I didn't go to Rita's but I do have a container plant on the way from Florida. One of my Cubits friends is sending it to me--she mailed it last night. I can't pronounce it but I sure am looking forward to getting it. Here's the link:

http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/80030

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
2:12 PM

Post #7742863

It is not wanting me to take upload pictures today, I will try again, I have more

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
2:15 PM

Post #7742872

Maybe it will take them all now

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
2:16 PM

Post #7742875

try again

Thumbnail by slcdms

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
2:18 PM

Post #7742882

Don't feel bad bonnie, I worked today too. (in town) won't get another chance to go play outside till Friday, and i'll probably have to sew part of that day here .

I just love the tall phlox, my bright eyes gets my waiste high. (maybe not ya'lls though) and doens't ever fall over. it's georgious. I had to get all those new phlox, and hope to see a few blooms this year but doubtful.

Charlotte, when you learn to say no will you teach me? pretty please!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
3:09 PM

Post #7742999

Great pix, Sandra.

Bonnie, I would not call you the "L" word...you may be a cheat, con artist, deceiver, deluder, dissimulator, equivocator, fabler, fabricator, fabulist, falsifier, fibber, maligner, misleader, perjurer, phony, prevaricator, storyteller, trickster, or you may be a false hooder.but never the L word. LOL

KA and I actually had room left for more plants but our buying time was over!

More laundry and then back to plants...

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
3:37 PM

Post #7743066

Here is another

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
4:41 PM

Post #7743247

trying again

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 27, 2010
4:43 PM

Post #7743255

Rita's new fountain, it was in the back

Thumbnail by slcdms

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2010
6:11 PM

Post #7743536

Mr. Rita, (I guess in spanish he would be Senor Rita lol) was so very kind and quite funny. I was so thrilled that he showed me all of the petunias and what they will look like.

The potty fountain was pretty funny.
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

April 27, 2010
6:23 PM

Post #7743602

Here is a link to many containers at Rita's then on to Bonnie's Backyard Haven. I hope you enjoy
http://picasaweb.google.com/riverland711/20100426?authkey=Gv1sRgCMPxp_W9navUcQ&feat=directlink
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2010
5:25 AM

Post #7744562

Great job Cindy ! Thanks for not showing too many of my weeds. The pics of Ritas is something we can refer back to when we want to do containers too. She really does an unbelievable job on them don't she. I sure was liking those leap frogs until I saw the prices of them. lol.
savagegardener
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2010
5:35 AM

Post #7744580

pretty pics !! Yes , yet again I will have to go back to see the containers ...I missed seeing those completely ! Ha

Charlotte , It was nice meeting you ...sorry we did not get more time to talk...BTW , What is the plant in the back one gallon pot in the far right of your above pic

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7741385

I have that plant that ...I got it from Picabu - Betty and lost the tag and have never known what it is

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
6:04 AM

Post #7744669

Sharon it is good to have a face with a name and maybe we can visit more next time!! I will go out in a little bit and get the information off the tag. I've moved them all around so I'll have to locate were I put it! LOL You are talking about the one on the far right that is sort of by itself and can see all of the pot.
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

April 28, 2010
6:08 AM

Post #7744683

It is so cold here again today. The wind just bites you. 50 degrees. I worked in it yesterday but don't relish another day of it. I need at least 70.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
6:10 AM

Post #7744685

I can't believe you stayed out yesterday, it was too cold for me. I might get out today, it is going to be warmer today--72 perfect !
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
6:11 AM

Post #7744692

Cindy, the pix are spectacular! I really enjoy walking around Bonnie's yard and looking at all of her lovelies!!!

Sharon, you got home with quite a few plants, too.

savagegardener
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2010
6:22 AM

Post #7744722

Yes, I did, didn't I ...even though I spent two days trying to catch up with yall...They are fast shoppers, I tell ya!!! LOL

Charlotte , it is on the far right , not really by itself, sorta behind and to the right of a hosta, but yes , you can see the whole pot..if I had Zoom on this thing I could probably make out the name on the tag..has a very upright growth pattern .. I just love it!!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
6:34 AM

Post #7744758

Sharon the tag says
Filipendula rubra "venustra"

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
6:49 AM

Post #7744789

try to show a few more today

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
6:51 AM

Post #7744794

The head

Thumbnail by slcdms

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
6:52 AM

Post #7744797

Bonnie if it's any consolation I work all day too, I completely understand your pain!

It was cold here yesterday too, and the day before. It's supposed to be real warm here Thursday and storms on Friday and Saturday. Ug!

Sandra nice pics!! I hope your back is better, mine's bothering me today, I seem to be stove up.

Well I've got to get to work here, so I'll see ya'll later!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
6:52 AM

Post #7744798

Beautiful

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
6:54 AM

Post #7744803

Sorry you are stove up Crissy !! I hope the day is kind to you

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
6:56 AM

Post #7744810

Last one

Thumbnail by slcdms

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2010
7:04 AM

Post #7744833

Seeing these Sandra, makes me want to go back now.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
8:21 AM

Post #7745044

It was sure a lot prettier on Thursday than Sat !!!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
12:35 PM

Post #7745694

I got my few pots fixed today
Did anyone else get the Euphorbia that Rita bred?
She calls it Hot Tamale, I think she said the sedum is Japan something

This message was edited Apr 28, 2010 2:50 PM

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
12:36 PM

Post #7745696

I pulled up some of the golden creeping jenny to put with my pretty blue lobelia

Thumbnail by slcdms

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2010
12:52 PM

Post #7745732

Nice job Sandra. And I thought you didn't get anything except for your momma. I didn't see the Hot Tamale. I seemed to recall hearing something about it, then must have gotten side-tracked.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
12:53 PM

Post #7745734

Cindy I got the morning glories set out that you brought me today too, I put the osteospermum you found in a pot also and the Patio tomato.
I put those crystals I have had since last year around the tomato, in hopes of keeping the cat out of them. I need to get some more of those little pebbles to put on it too.

Thumbnail by slcdms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #7745739

Bonnie, I got those on Thursday when we went. I am going to go to Mamma's and get her stuff fixed tomorrow. I thought she had all her pots on the porch filled, but she informed me this morning that she still had a place for 2 pots that she wanted some of the petunias in. She will direct my little trowel and I will put the other stuff where she wants it.
I did not get new plants because I am not able to drag the water hose around the yard and water, so I just got a few thing to keep on the porch. I will try Ruth's trick and water them from the dish water !! That is how she kept Cindy's Rita's Gold ferns looking so good last year until she got to deliver them.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
1:20 PM

Post #7745793

Nice containers Sandra, I didn't get that euphorbia, I've lost a few of them, so I figured I wouldn't get any more.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
1:43 PM

Post #7745857

I just wanted to get something of Ritas and I think it is pretty neat, the Mother plant was cut way back she said and it was still pretty big, she said it bloomed all summer last year and it does not have any thorns--I hate thorns
gen2026
Camden, AR

April 28, 2010
2:13 PM

Post #7745944

Pretty Sandra.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
3:27 PM

Post #7746157

Pretty pots Sandra. I like the way you did the pebbles.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
3:30 PM

Post #7746168

I like those pebbles too, it keeps the dirt from splashing on the plants when you water them, I need to pick up some more when I get back to Hobby Lobby.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #7746222

Very nice, Sandra. I did not get any euphorbia. Maybe, next year. I better start making a list now ;o)
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 28, 2010
5:54 PM

Post #7746540

great photos, Sandra--of Rita's containers and of your own pots!
Cindy: I really enjoyed the photos of Rita's that you took, too, and Bonnie's place is absolutely gorgeous!
Bonnie: maybe I will get to see your gardens in person some time. I hope so!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

April 28, 2010
5:57 PM

Post #7746543

I hope you can too Marilyn, her Japanese Maples are worth the trip. Also the blue angel hosta ! not to mention everything else. I know you would love to see Paul's pets too.
I know Cindy made more than the one picture of Paul's pets, wonder why she didn't post them??
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

April 28, 2010
9:06 PM

Post #7747234

Well some people don't like snakes. I like your pots and I like the pebbles. I still haven't done the tomatoes yet.

I did a few pots today

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

April 28, 2010
9:06 PM

Post #7747235

another one

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

April 28, 2010
9:07 PM

Post #7747237

next

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

April 28, 2010
9:08 PM

Post #7747240

I bought the sumac but I separated it into two pots

Thumbnail by Riverland

Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

April 28, 2010
9:12 PM

Post #7747246

Last one I took pictures of. I made about 6 more. The wind has been so bad here that my brugs are getting wind burn. I will try to get pics of those tomorrow.

Thumbnail by Riverland

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2010
5:39 AM

Post #7747670

Wow Cindy - great job. What amazes me is, how many different items it takes to fill a container. When I thought I had bought enough, I've still had to get back out for more "filler" items. Went to Dan West on the way home yesterday and was very bad, bad !
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 29, 2010
6:12 AM

Post #7747746

Lovely pots, Cindy!
Bonnie: I didn't know that Paul had pet snakes! I could tolerate them as long I knew they weren't poisonous. LOL
Ems_Garden
Slidell, LA
(Zone 8b)

April 29, 2010
6:16 AM

Post #7747755

great pots Cindy - love that purple iochroma
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2010
6:25 AM

Post #7747781

Well Marilyn - he has quite a few. All of them are out in another building - none in the house. He likes to raise them and see what colors, patterns, etc.he gets. It isn't legal to have native snakes, or poisonous snakes either - so everything we have are just common snakes - like California king snakes, Central American Milks, Black pines, variety colors of corn snakes, etc. Cindy actually got some nice pictures of alot of them. He gathered up alot of babies that he had and took them off to a friend of his. Before he left, my neighbor asked if a little boy down the street could have one (of course he could) - so they came over and actually picked out 2. Now I am thinking maybe this little boy might want my bearded dragon too.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 29, 2010
6:35 AM

Post #7747820

Are you trying to find a home for your "dragon"?
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2010
7:14 AM

Post #7747921

He just needs a better home than mine. I thought maybe a young boy that is into reptiles would give him more time than I do. Just if someone comes up and wants him, why Marilyn - do you want him ?
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 29, 2010
8:09 AM

Post #7748108

I hope you find the perfect home for that sweet little dragon.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 29, 2010
8:12 AM

Post #7748123

He didn't look so sweet to me. LOL
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 29, 2010
8:13 AM

Post #7748127

Well, you didn't get as close to him as I did. lol
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 29, 2010
11:23 AM

Post #7748723

Uh, thanks, Bonnie, but no, I don't need a dragon, no matter how sweet he is! I was just curious. I think Kim needs him! LOL
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2010
12:00 PM

Post #7748800

Kim did kind of like him.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 29, 2010
1:30 PM

Post #7749005

Kinda? I loved that cutie. I would take him in a second...and Jeff would let me if I gave up ducks, soooooo, no dragon for me ;o)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America