Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Show us your plants and arrangements from Rita's

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Post your pics here and what you got at Rita's here.

that other thread was way too long even for high speed.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Just posting to mark the thread so I can enjoy everyone's pictures.....

Genna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

WEll, about 85% of mine are already in the ground, so I'll have to go around with my little note pad and write them all down to let you know what all I got LOL

i'll try to get that done real soon.

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

I've been working like a 1-armed paper hanger today trying to get mine somewhat grounded. Got at least 1/2 of it done, but I did take a few pictures.

Here is part of what I brought home.

(Thanks KA for the new thread)

Thumbnail by n2birds

And some more...

Thumbnail by n2birds

This is what Sharon's sweet MIL brought me (all except that bottom one on the right). Lots of goodies !

This message was edited Apr 26, 2010 5:17 PM

Thumbnail by n2birds

Here is one of the pots I did along with my bird hanger gift. Isn't that the cutest bird hanger ! I have to find just the right thing to put on him now.

Thumbnail by n2birds

This is some I plan on putting into a pot. This will sure be a "bright" grouping, huh ?

Thumbnail by n2birds

Charlotte - has Sara joined DG yet ? We need her to show us her pretties too. She was into "purple" at Rita's it looked like. She sure was alot of fun.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, Bonnie, if you have already planted 1/2 of all those plants, you have really been busy! Looks like you made quite a haul! That bird plant hanger is really cute!

Kathy Ann, Charlotte and I swapped plant trays today so we now have the right plants! LOL I got them all in the ground today except the rice paper plant. I was reading about it in plant files and the information there said that it can get quite big and is invasive. Is it that way for you? I will bring your milkweeds and other plants to you tomorrow.

Isn't that bird hanger cute - it is pretty heavy duty too.. I think heavier than Kim thought it would be. I think next year though - I will tell everybody "no gifts". It was like a birthday or something for me - when it was Kim's birthday.

Ripley, MS

I am back on line, and I had lots of fun--and lots of pain !!! I did not make many pictures either, I did make some at Rita's on Thursday, but have not unloaded them yet. I scrambled to get the house straightened up this morning, so the Dixie-Net guys could come in my bedroom where the boxes are located, and then they sent the stuff home with Cayla when she got off work and she fixed it.

Glad you are back with us Sandra. Are you any better at all ?

Kenny told me Jim is doing so well from his surgery that they are probably gonna let him go home tomorrow. I think the pathologist report is supposed to be back tomorrow as well.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2010 6:03 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yes, I couldn't figure why you wanted that one and didn't take the variegated petitsites, cause the petitsites is less invasive as the ricepaper plant is. It's not too bad though, you'll just have to pull the babies up when their unwanted, the leaves are big and beautiful and you can under plant things like the asarum canadense under it. or any other things like ajuga. which is what I do.

I see you've been busy Bonnie.

I just tore myself away from the sewing machine, can go get a list now of what I bought.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Bonnie you got some really neat stuff and you have been busy!!! I got a little more of mine done today but still have a lot to do. I am going to be really busy this week but I am going to try to stay home for most of tomorrow and get some things in the ground. I think I have over committed myself this week - going to have to learn to say NO!
Sandra I'm so sorry you want be going to Rita's! But I do understand that sometime you do just have to do what is best for your body! Hope you get some relief from you pain soon!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

What do you mean she won't be going to Rita's any more?

I was able to go out and write down what I bought, I didn't buy much to put into pots, but some, not had time to plant them in pots yet though.

This is what all I got, not all at Rita's but from the whole weekend

I'm embarrassed to type it all up there's so much LOL

This isn't including the plants that Charlotte and bonnie gave me. and the ones that Marilyn is bringing me tomorrow. But remember, I have a new garden to plant LOL

Hydrangeas:
Oakleaf alice
little honey
abracadabra orb
annabelle
moonvine climbing hydrangea

Foxglove giant shirley
cuphia twinkle pink
basil valentina
ajugas ; dixie chip and toffee chip and matallica crispa
fennel
green globe artichoke
some tomatoes
one was variegated
2 iochromas
mojito elephant ear
henry garnet sweet spire
maestro sedum
Phlox: junior dance, junior dream, laura, p barton, white flame, orange perfection, starfire, sherbert cocktail
coral nymph salvia
leucantemun (spelling) banana cream (shasta daisy)
filipendula ulmaria variegata
eupatorium maculatum gateway
golden tansy, I lost mine last year
stachys pink cotton candy
cardinal queen victoria
yarrow strawberry seduction
columbine blue angel
echinacea green jewel and avalanch
coriopsis lightning flash
agastache summer glow
4 varieties of coleus

think I got enough?

I got everything planted but the bushes and the shade plants.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I meant to say sorry that Sandra does not feel like going to Jeri's - not Rita's!!! Tired tonight! You did get a bunch and have been busy if you've got that all in the ground!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

You must have worked like a beaver on Sunday if you got all that in the ground, Kathy Ann! I can see you running around your garden in "fast forward" LOL

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow , Kathy Ann that is some list. I bet it is going to be beautiful. I finally got that new petunia " pretty much picasso" Thanks to Kathy Ann for pointing it out to me ... I probably would have missed that too if she hadn't.

We got a lot of the same plants , But I looked for a coral nymph salvia and usually find it at Rita's and never did see it , where did you find yours ? Mine usually reseeds it self profusely, but so far no seedlings ...maybe it got TOO cold for the seeds this winter..I don't know???

sorta disapointed , I always get Supertunia vista bubblegum pink petunias to plug in my beds for all summer color and outstanding growth and performance... could not find them anywhere at any of the nurseries.. Rita's had some in Hanging baskets but was out of the individual pots. We went to Morris and 4 seasons after we left yall, it was on our way home. We also stopped and dug up red buckeye trees on the side of the road going home..those things have a taproot on them from heck

How was Homestead ? They probably had the supertunia I was looking for..... I hate I missed it...I could probably never find my way down there on my own and Max was tuckered out from two days of driving and sitting waiting on me... so I could not really push my luck too much!! Ha , Ha

Sandra - Did you get the two iochromas you wanted ? I have the purple one , if you want one?

Great Thanks to Bonnie for a great lunch and day at her house...her home and gardens are beautiful and the food was deliscious!! Looking for rendevous rub now, so we can give our smoker another try. The hash brown casserole and grape salad was awesome , too. Thank you so much for everything you and DH did for us !!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OK here are mine again - group 1

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

The second group

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

One of my pots with new plants in it.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Another pot.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hanging basket with Rita's gold fern in it. The other fern I dug from the yard. I'm headed outside in a little while to try and get the rest of my stuff in the ground. I have somewhere to go tonight, but I have decided I'm not leaving my house today until then. Got to wash dirty clothes, clean dirty, dirty house and get some things done in the yard.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Ripley, MS

I did not get the iochroma, because Becky was bringing me one to Jeri's the color that Rita had. I never did see the red one anywhere. I might just have to wait until next year and order that early in the season, since I am not going to Jeri's.
I did not even think about canceling until we got to Homestead--I bent over to look at a tag in a pot, I was way up on that hill where the hosta were and I thought I was going to have to live there--I would not have even walked up there except Kenny told me the verbena was there and I wanted to find a red one for Mamma, which there was not a red one anywhere except the annuals. My back bothered me the whole week end, but that was a real wake up call.
I will probably sit here and cry all week end you all are down there, but if I got 6 hours from home and it went completely out on me, I would be in real trouble. I have been so bad I could not stand long enough to shower without tears flowing and I really don't want to push until I get into that shape again
As much as I love our outings, I have to let common sense prevail, some days I go to Ripley and get a few groceries and just pushing the cart will put me down for a few hours, so Jerry had the joy of telling me he knew the week end would be too much--MEN-- !!!!!!!! You all notice he did not say a word before we left though, he knows me too well--LOL !!!!
Now everyone has to have fun for me and eat my share of all the good food !!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra we are going to really miss you at Jeri's!!!! But like you say common sense does have to prevail sometime. I hope you can get some relief from your back soon! Yes men like to be able to say "I told you so"!

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Great buys ladies, and KA - only thing I can say is WOW girl! LOL That is some list of plants!! Can't believe you have them planted already!

Bonnie - that bird hanger is adorable!

Sandra I am so sorry you are feeling bad and that I won't get to see you at Jeri's. But you really do have to take care of yourself. I'll miss you bunches and bunches!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Nice list KA!! I can't believe you already have them all planted!! I love the look of that starfire phlox..... started to order it on the bluestone coop but it was one on the want list that had to be cut! LOL It said it didn't like humidity so I wondered how it would do here so let me know................... Bet that Green Jewel echie is nice too!

Sandra, I am so sorry your back is causing you problems again! I know how much that hurts..... mine has started to give me trouble again and the doctor said I was probably looking at a third surgery but I told him it was going to have to get worse before I went under the knife again. I am REALLY tired of being cut on! I hate that you won't be able to go to Jeri's..... I was looking forward to seeing you again!

Genna

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, I don't have anything planted ;o) I spent Sunday cleaning out beds and pots...maybe I will get some stuff planted today...maybe.

This is a picture of the goodies that I got

Thumbnail by duckmother

Plants that I got...minus a few coleus cuttings and a mother fern. All in all, I brought home around 40 plants.

Thumbnail by duckmother
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

You got some great stuff too. I'm out planting now. Had to come in and reload the washing machine!

Hahahaha...that is why I am inside ;o) On my way out the door to plant some more.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I am so sorry you are down, dang, and just as sorry you won't be going to Jeri's either. I might have to go to my mom's that weekend and Dave hasn't made up his mind if he wants to go or not, so I won't know til last minute. Probably not, but maybe the garden Gods will be with me. LOL

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Nice plants ya'll!! Wow Charlotte, looook at all of that!!! How exciting!! KA that is quite the list you have there, I don't think I could handle that many plants at once, well in fact I know I couldn't handle that many plants at once. I'd be panicked, it would put me over the edge. LOL

Back in to take care of laundry.

Bonnie, the bird is too cute...KA and I knew you would like it! You got more plants than I realized. Is that an EE that I see? LOL

Sandra, I am sorry that you are not feeling any better. I know everyone will be sorry that you are unable to go to Jeri's. I guess the two of us can talk on DG while they are all shopping at nurseries ;o)

Golly, KA, I am always so amazed at the amount of stuff that we can get into your car!

Charlotte, the pots look great!

Back outside I go...

Yeah -- go ahead and say it Kim.... I am a L..r !!

KA sure can pack a car, huh ? Did I see a shelf in her trunk? I don't know how in this world ya'll got all that stuff home. Charlotte's group had as much as you 2 did - and they had the whole bed of a truck.

Might I say today... I HATE MY JOB !! Here most of you are out playing with all your new plants and here I sit at work.... waaa waaaa.

Ripley, MS

Not me--it is cold here, I tried to walk around and look and had to come back inside for a coat !! that wind is cold here.

Ripley, MS

I made some pictures of some things at Rita's when we went on Thursday, I know the rain spoiled the fun on Sat, so I will show some of the containers I made pictures of

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

next

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

another

Thumbnail by slcdms

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.