Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed: fields & fields clothed in purple

Communities > Forums > Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed
bookmark
Forum: Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and ChickweedReplies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gardennot
Willingboro, NJ

April 26, 2010
7:37 PM

Post #7740578

Have not seen such an expanse of this plant in the past as I have now. I thought surly that nature was announcing the soon return of "The King"
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

May 2, 2010
2:07 PM

Post #7757606

It is really pretty, I have to admit. It can make a lawn in certian areas where the grass is thin to be almost solid purple.

It also will disappear in the heat of the summer. I made the mistake one year of letting a few go to seed in the flower gardens, and next spring they ---- well it would have been easier for me to pull up the few from the year before than the million that came back the next spring.

I sure watch for it in the strawberries. It could crowd them out reall quick.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
henbit, deadnettle and chickweed barbobbi 2 May 2, 2010 9:30 PM
dead nettie heygeno 3 Apr 26, 2010 4:04 PM
oh...deadnettle! ratlover1 1 Apr 26, 2010 6:36 PM
Tree Peony edcd 2 Apr 28, 2010 9:24 AM
Chickweed patgeorge 2 May 2, 2010 2:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America