Photo by Melody

Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed: fields & fields clothed in purple

Communities > Forums > Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed
bookmark
Forum: Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and ChickweedReplies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gardennot
Willingboro, NJ

April 26, 2010
7:37 PM

Post #7740578

Have not seen such an expanse of this plant in the past as I have now. I thought surly that nature was announcing the soon return of "The King"
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

May 2, 2010
2:07 PM

Post #7757606

It is really pretty, I have to admit. It can make a lawn in certian areas where the grass is thin to be almost solid purple.

It also will disappear in the heat of the summer. I made the mistake one year of letting a few go to seed in the flower gardens, and next spring they ---- well it would have been easier for me to pull up the few from the year before than the million that came back the next spring.

I sure watch for it in the strawberries. It could crowd them out reall quick.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: More Wascally Winter Weeds! Henbit, Purple Deadnettle, and Chickweed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
henbit, deadnettle and chickweed barbobbi 2 May 2, 2010 9:30 PM
dead nettie heygeno 3 Apr 26, 2010 4:04 PM
oh...deadnettle! ratlover1 1 Apr 26, 2010 6:36 PM
Tree Peony edcd 2 Apr 28, 2010 9:24 AM
Chickweed patgeorge 2 May 2, 2010 2:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America