Photo by Melody

Mums and Asters: Chrysanthemum leaves are turning yellow.

Communities > Forums > Mums and Asters
bookmark
Forum: Mums and AstersReplies: 2, Views: 56
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
one3k
Eutaw, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 27, 2010
3:49 PM

Post #7743099

A few leaves at the bottom of my heirloom chrysanthemums, (Cathy's Rust), are turning yellow with dark areas. They had a lot of aphids at the tops of the stems several weeks ago, but I pinched those parts of the stem off and the aphids now seem to be gone. The plants have really multiplied since I planted them last summer. What could be causing the leaves to turn yellow? What might prevent this problem? Thank you.
luis_pr
Hurst, TX
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
7:18 PM

Post #7765009

Has it been dry over there? Does the soil around it feel dry to the touch? How many leaves are we talking about? A handful? Half of the bush? Have the stems been damaged? Are the veins also turning yellow? Do you see any leaf deformation, leaf wilting or leaf twisting?
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 13, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8847936

Have you had a lot of rain in your area recently? Too much rain can cause the leaves to turn yellow sometimes.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mums and Asters Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mum's the Word... SILLYLILY 18 Nov 23, 2009 6:47 PM
Aster Blue Ribbon Sue_WA 8 Nov 27, 2009 11:54 PM
Pinching back mums...... orange_knickers 11 Aug 17, 2007 5:16 AM
Cutting back fall Asters? rainy_jane 27 Aug 30, 2007 3:26 PM
How many others have lost their mum? leaflady 40 Jul 9, 2007 1:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America