Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Moles, voles, mysterious holes: Very useful and informative article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Moles, voles, mysterious holes
bookmark
Forum: Article: Moles, voles, mysterious holesReplies: 3, Views: 82
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
CapeCodGardener
Mid-Cape, MA
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2010
8:12 AM

Post #7745009

. . . especially as spring continues and the critters are coming out! Helpful to know that all the anecdotal evidence and testimonials about different "cures" do not have yet have laboratory-proven results.
BTW, I do use the Bokashi method of fermenting all my kitchen scraps, and when I bury the contents of my bokashi-bucket in my compost-bins over the winter, hungry voles do come by for a snack. The "pickling" of the scraps doesn't seem to deter them. I find their tunnels into the bins and occasionally, a dark little rodent jumps out when I take the lid off the bin to add materials. I don't know who actually jumps further! ;-) When spring arrives, the voles go back to eating plants in my garden.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2010
11:17 PM

Post #7747392

Hi, CCG,
Thanks for reading and adding some more information. And good luck with your little rodents!
mitaliano
Farmington, MN

April 4, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8470716

Before my husband blows up our yard I told him to try the sonic things I have seen that make some noise we cant hear but will drive pests out of the yard. Has anyone tried that or are they total scams? I did plug in a couple of sonic mouse deterrents in our garage and so far have not seen any evidence of mice...much to the disappoint of my house cat.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8470774

I hope some other readers can report back, but all I can say is that my research did not find them recommended by universities.
Your specific question will get more attention if you post a new thread with that topic in a Beginner forum (or other forum if you are a subscriber.)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Moles, voles, mysterious holes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
News to me! Sundownr 2 May 3, 2010 7:42 AM
Thanks for the information! rjones8194 2 Apr 28, 2010 11:34 PM
caster beans ARWadoo 2 May 3, 2010 6:45 PM
moles, voles waplummer 10 May 7, 2010 5:23 PM
The Final Solution eskarp 2 May 3, 2010 5:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America