Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Kitchens: Ideas about crown moulding....or ceiling moulding....

Communities > Forums > Kitchens
bookmark
Forum: KitchensReplies: 1, Views: 58
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Terrycw
Dunellen, NJ

April 28, 2010
1:15 PM

Post #7745777

So, I'll attach a photo of our cabinets so you can imagine what i'm saying here.

I couldn't afford 39" cabinets, so we had to go with 30" - which is fine, after all, I'm 5 foot tall - what the heck would I do with shelves I could never reach without the use of a ladder! lol
Anyway, the place we got the cabinets said we can order crown moulding to go on top of the cabinets at anytime, and we thought we probably will. Here's my trouble: we need to put molding around the celing because we put up a glue up tin ceiling and need something to edge it. I had planned on a very very basic kind of "old new england" flat 2" moulding around the ceiling, as the base moulding AND on the top edge of the bead board - would all that look to be too much at the cabinet tops and ceiling? Do you know if people put cabinet crown molding up AND ceiling moulding?
Help! Please!!!
And thank you!

Thumbnail by Terrycw
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Allison28

May 7, 2010
9:28 AM

Post #7772155

I would have the ceiling molding take backstage to the cabinet molding, so do a 2 inch one like you suggested or have one that you can paint the same color at the walls to almost hide it. Have the cabinet molding be a focal point and do a 3 inch or so height. I like the cabinet finish, BTW

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Kitchens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
If you were replacing a countertop, what would you choose? LooneyLinda 198 Apr 30, 2014 6:14 PM
As requested on another thread, here's my kitchen re-do Connie_G 53 Jun 3, 2007 5:32 AM
anyone use Sears to reface cabinets? ssdogwood 15 Aug 3, 2007 10:21 PM
Our kitchen is done ! CountryGardens 24 Oct 13, 2007 3:12 PM
Stainless Steel Appliances - Any suggestions?? azrobin 18 Jun 3, 2010 3:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America