Favorite gardening magazine

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Which magazine do you enjoy the most?

My favorite is Fine Gardening. I love the articles, the features and the fabulous photos (one pictured here). I find it inspiring.

Thumbnail by pirl
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Alberta Gardening. I'm sure everyone reads that one ^_^

Probably many people in Alberta do!

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

phoenix home and garden magazine and sunset magazine

Is it the articles, photos or some other feature that you enjoy?

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

gardening in southwest is very tricky and different from other climates. Phoenix home and garden magazine has monthly gardening calendar as well as a feature on some one's home garden. It also has trouble shooting articles as well.
Sunset has nice ideas--garden plans for southwest region as well as travel places ..etc.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks lovetropics. I'm SO subscribing to Phoenix H&G when we start snowbirding.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

LOL dahlianut. we welcome you to AZ.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The monthly calendar will be SO great for me.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Fine Gardening, Horticulture and Country Living Gardener.

By the way, this is clematis Multi Blue, compliments of pirl! Love wandering the garden and smiling when I see a gift plant from a fellow gardener, makes it special. :-)

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

I must have lost my memory. I have no recall of that at all.

Such a lovely photo, Sue.

I absolutely agree about thinking of friends when I see a plant given to me by someone.

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

Is Country Living Gardener still in print. I thought it went out a few years ago. I will surely be interested if it is still available.
Veronica

I'm still reading my old ones!

Oh woe is me, I totally forgot that Country Living Gardener has ceased publication! But I still enjoy my old issues.

Well, and the forgetfulness continues, your memory is MUCH better than mine pirl, I have that clematis from seedpicker, LOL!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You dears are way too much fun ^_^

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

I still have my old ones too. Country Home Gardener which became Better Homes and Gardens Country Gardener also went by the wayside. I loved them both. Like going on garden tours in my own living room. I like Horticulture, Fine Gardening and Garden Gate but the personal aspect is missing.

Rochester, NY(Zone 6a)

I like Garden Gate, Fine Gardening, and Backyard Living.

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

Hmmm Backyard Living is new to me. Will have to check it out.

New to me as well. Time to investigate it.

I'm still catching up with some old Gourmet and Bon Appetit...from the 70's and 80's, as well as five years of untouched Food & Wine.

Sue - I think it's Hosta plantaginea that I sent you. I knew it wasn't the clem!

Yep, I knew that one but for some reason screwed up the clems ;-) And the hosta is doing great by the way!

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

gardening mags have been a disappointment b/c they seldom cover my zone9. Then the local publications are so full of advertising, there's very little of interest to read. Besides, since I got hooked to the PC, I don't read printed matter nearly as much as I used to.

I think computers take up the time many of us used to use for reading.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.