Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Where can I find little plastic pots (round or square)

Warren, IN(Zone 5a)

I have some young seedlings that I started in Jiffy Pellets, and they are now ready to be potted up. I at one time had hundreds of these little pots, all sizes, but I gave them away. Now I sure wish I had just a few. Does anyone know where I can get some, either free or cheap or for trade.

Windsor, CT(Zone 6a)

Free or cheap may be a challenge at the beginning of the season. Maybe check your local Craig's list. Around here some of the independent garden centers (that grow their own) sell the 4, 3, & 2 inchers individually. And there's always eBay.

Know anyone who eats alot of yogurt? Even tin cans will work in a pinch. Or those heavy duty paper cups. For stuff with long tap roots I save & use half & half cartons. If you have curbside recycling you could go out on a night raid with a big shopping bag.... you might find just the thing!

Hardeeville, SC

There are a ton of things around your house you can use to upgrade your seedling's living space...soda bottles, salad containers, and when you use those things, you throw out less garbage! Recycling at the easiest level! My co-workers always ask me why I never throw out my plastic bottles, I just cut the top off and add holes to the bottom and wa-la! Instant plant container! I even grew lettuce in my salad containers from fast food places.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I have yogurt for breakfast day so I accumulate lots of yogurt cups. They make wonderful little flower pots.

If you have to buy something, styrofoam coffee cups are cheap at the dollar store.

Thumbnail by kqcrna
Hardeeville, SC

Can't beat a dollar a bag! They are great transition size.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Use plastic Solo drinking cups! Cheap and work great!

Warren, IN(Zone 5a)

Thanks to everyone that has given me some good suggestions. Gloria

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.