Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Antiques and Collectibles: Pottery ID

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 6, Views: 82
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 1, 2010
4:11 AM

Post #7753519

This pitcher has been around ever since I can remember ,Iam thinking its from the 40s .It is marked on the bottom,but I cant read it clearly ,the stamp is filled with glaze.I can make out the first letters corn ,it dosent look like it says corning,did corningware make Black glazed pottery ?

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 1, 2010
4:12 AM

Post #7753522

the mark is not real clear

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

schickenlady
Sherrie In, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 1, 2010
5:02 AM

Post #7753590

Corning made white/off white and clear glass stuff. Then newer stuff colors started to change. If they made black way back I have never seen it.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 2, 2010
2:31 AM

Post #7756216

I can definitly read cornelson----,but it looks like there are 3 or 4 more letters after that,that mark is small letters following along the topside of the circle mark.Then in larger letters I can read Corn______,under that I can read small letters,it says, since. It almost looks like fiesta ware??? did they do black??
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 2, 2010
4:14 AM

Post #7756301

I identified it,it is a cornelison/Bybee art pottery since 1845 still in buisness .Located in madison co. kentucky,outside Louisville.My parents must have purchased it or got it as a wedding gift in 1943.My father was from Madison in southern Indiana, so it makes sense.Iam soo glad I figured it out ,it has been in my life 51 yrs.

This message was edited May 2, 2010 7:31 AM
schickenlady
Sherrie In, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2010
9:05 AM

Post #7760059

Cool - you got it! Sometimes it can be so hard to identify something. Good going girl
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 4, 2010
3:30 AM

Post #7762461

Yes ,Boy that Google,I tell ya !!! I typed in cornelson,when I looked at the mark again I saw the son ,thats how I came up with that,when it came back and said did you mean cornelison ? then I looked down there it was a picture of other pitchers in other colors,and a whole story,still family operated,the grandson who throws pots now was in the band Exile ( kiss you all over 1978)for 18 yrs and came back home to throw clay,how cool is that !!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America