Pottery ID

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

This pitcher has been around ever since I can remember ,Iam thinking its from the 40s .It is marked on the bottom,but I cant read it clearly ,the stamp is filled with glaze.I can make out the first letters corn ,it dosent look like it says corning,did corningware make Black glazed pottery ?

Thumbnail by huggergirl

the mark is not real clear

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Corning made white/off white and clear glass stuff. Then newer stuff colors started to change. If they made black way back I have never seen it.

I can definitly read cornelson----,but it looks like there are 3 or 4 more letters after that,that mark is small letters following along the topside of the circle mark.Then in larger letters I can read Corn______,under that I can read small letters,it says, since. It almost looks like fiesta ware??? did they do black??

I identified it,it is a cornelison/Bybee art pottery since 1845 still in buisness .Located in madison co. kentucky,outside Louisville.My parents must have purchased it or got it as a wedding gift in 1943.My father was from Madison in southern Indiana, so it makes sense.Iam soo glad I figured it out ,it has been in my life 51 yrs.

This message was edited May 2, 2010 7:31 AM

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Cool - you got it! Sometimes it can be so hard to identify something. Good going girl

Yes ,Boy that Google,I tell ya !!! I typed in cornelson,when I looked at the mark again I saw the son ,thats how I came up with that,when it came back and said did you mean cornelison ? then I looked down there it was a picture of other pitchers in other colors,and a whole story,still family operated,the grandson who throws pots now was in the band Exile ( kiss you all over 1978)for 18 yrs and came back home to throw clay,how cool is that !!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images