Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Salvia Leucantha

Starkville, MS

Does anyone in zone 7b have salvia leucantha coming back? It has done so for me for years-----but, I see no evidence of it after the brutally cold winter we had. Yet, the very tall (6 foot) yellow one---whose name will not come to my 78 year old brain---is up and growing just fine.

Shirleyd

Candor, NC

Sometimes these will peter out when they get 5 or more years old. Dividing every 3 years is not a bad idea. It should have become a good sized clump by that time.

Many New World sages maintain themselves by layering, thereby providing themselves with new root systems for the following years.

Starkville, MS

Thanks for info. I may have to get a start of it from someone whose plants are coming back--

Shirleyd

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I love to grow this every year but it never comes back for me, last year I dug mine up and stored it in to the garage and replanted it this spring it's finally taking off now, i'm zone 7 but should be 6 l/2 LOL

Union Grove, AL

Shirleyd,
I had given up on mine, but as of about a week ago, 2 have come back and so far 4 have not. Good luck Zone 7

Starkville, MS

bermudakiller------finally, I am seeing a few sprouts coming up. Considering the winter that we had, it is a miracle that any survived. I guess there is no chance my Anthony Parker or Tula will appear. But, I have lots of salvia madrensis coming back.

Shirleyd

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.