Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

"IT'S A BIRD'S WORLD" VOLUME 8

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

The last thread, found here, http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1075157/ , is packed with smiles and laughter. Now, with this new one, we'll have more room for those cute, funny bird moments.

I'll start us off with this one. These were taken from a bird blind in North Carolina. The owner of the property feeds the birds all sorts of wonderful treats and they come very close to the blind and perch on all sorts of beautiful perches he has. So, they were almost captive, but not quite.

Patti

This message was edited Nov 10, 2010 2:32 PM

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Marlton, NJ

Good one Patti ! Thanks for starting the new thread!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

How fitting! Yup yup that the sweet Carolina Wrens alright, and how 'proper' the Cardinals could be. I love it Patti.

Marlton, NJ

Mourning Dove musings.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOLing..... nice Pelle.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Pelle, LOL! :Good one. I'm just waiting for the next frame where the dove pushes the cardinal out of the way and starts looking in that "greener" spot. :O)

Marlton, NJ

Papa Chickadee

Thumbnail by pelletory
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

ROFL-ing, it happens in the bird's world too? lol.

Marlton, NJ

Hey C'mon, Where are all our comedians at? I know plenty of you have funny ones to share. Please post. :-)

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL! Pelle, That's a good one! Great shot too.

Patti

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

"Welcome to our Patch" said the Carolina Wrens to the new arrivals.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Marlton, NJ

So cute Lily!

Marlton, NJ

Papa Chickadee's latest thoughts.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Poor Papa!! (he looks it too) LOL, Pelle.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Lily, That's so cute! What a lovely place to sit and enjoy nature.
Pelle, LOL. Papa Chickadee needs a time-out.

Patti

Sandusky, OH

Nice ones all! Looks like a mini-van is in order here...

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

This fish is too small to keep...guess I'll just toss it...whaaa?

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Marlton, NJ

LOL Burd! Love them!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Burd, good ones! The second pix is of a turtle? My goodness, what's a catch! He who doesn't ever need a dentist! LOL.

Sandusky, OH

Yes a Blanding's Turtle Lily, he just happened to pop his head up for a yawn actually. I figured since we don't have a wildlife caption thread.... Id just throw it in here...couldn't help myself lol. To finish the caption in whole...if you caught a fish to small to keep for dinner you would have to toss it back in the water...the Turlte is suggesting I toss the small fish to him, and he is fully confident he would "catch it" in his mouth.lol

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Burd, that's a rare catch....not the fish but the pix of the Turtle, lol. I get to watch the pros. on tournaments (perhaps), they quickly toss those little fish back into the water without admiring them. Pooouyeee!!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Burd, I love the little goslings! They are so cute. I didn't have a clue what the other critter was. Glad you and Lily cleared that up. What a great catch! There was a Black-crowned Night Heron that would hang out on the end of my Sister's dock in Galveston when we were fishing. He knew he'd get all the little ones and he never missed. It was fun watching him scarf down those fish.

Patti

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I had some time to play today... Had to dig deep in the archives for these pics.

First couple are of the Blue Jays and their beloved peanuts.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

One more Jay

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I guess Mr. Squirrel thought turn-about was fair play ...

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

A Black-bellied Whistling Duck plays Simon Says

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

This Northern Mockingbird got every single strawberry before I even had a chance. Little devil thought I planted them just for him.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Marlton, NJ

LOL, Good ones Patti!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Teehehehehehe! I especially like that one of the duck. Thanks Patti.

Richland, MS(Zone 8b)

Why do people who hate wildlife build homes and golf courses on the edge of the water?

Thumbnail by f_chisolm
Marlton, NJ

AWWWW.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Awww, love those mother geese, their love for the little ones are so unconditional.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

One of 4 male RWBBs that feed from the finch feeders with niger seed...silly birds! :D

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Marlton, NJ

Well that is different! :-)

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I thought I'd better revive this thread before it gets so far gone we never see it again.

Where are all the jokesters? Anybody got any funny stuff to post? I really need a laugh. Have to go back to work tomorrow after a 5 day weekend.

One from me...

This was actually the same bunny - two photos taken just seconds apart. I flipped one and, well, you know the rest.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Marlton, NJ

LOL... that is cute!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

P_Edens,

Too Funny! Glad you found the thread. I was too lazy to search for it before I posted the Juvie House Finch story...oh well...shame on me! :/

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm sure LOTS of bird life has similar thoughts. I know we do !!!

Thumbnail by linthicum
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

How appropriate, Linth!

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

Who are those drunken masked marauders ?

Did you know that Cedar Waxwings are susceptible to alcohol intoxication, and even death, from eating fermented fruit ?

Thumbnail by linthicum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.