-
AuthorContent
ARWadoo
Srinagar
India

May 3, 2010
3:27 AM

Post #7759144

Your article is informative .I tried casterbeans plant. Instead of the beans i encircled my peach and fig trees (which were liked more by the underground devils) with the dried stems of the plant in autumn. The moles never came near the encircled trees during winter months . I have now introduced caster beens in the apple orchard , I have sown the caster seed near all the trees . Let us hope the trick works.The moles get away from the twigs of this plat as much as they hate the seeds A caster bean plant had grown to about 10 feet ht in my Kitchen garden

Thumbnail by ARWadoo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
5:56 AM

Post #7759482

Thank you for telling other readers about how you use the castor bean plant and twigs. It could be very helpful to someone. Good luck with your fruit trees!
tcfromky
Mercer, PA
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2010
6:45 PM

Post #7761789

I hope there's no danger of the Ricinus communis seed leaching toxins into other plants' roots. I don't think I'd be planting such a poisonous plant near food source plants.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Moles, voles, mysterious holes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very useful and informative article! CapeCodGardener 3 Apr 4, 2011 6:40 AM
News to me! Sundownr 2 May 3, 2010 7:42 AM
Thanks for the information! rjones8194 2 Apr 28, 2010 11:34 PM
moles, voles waplummer 10 May 7, 2010 5:23 PM
The Final Solution eskarp 2 May 3, 2010 5:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America