Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Get together at my house June 5th

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've talked with a few of the local ladies about dates, and we've decided June 5th , the first saturday in June would be a good time to come out and visit the gardens, eat, visit and have fun for the day.

This is an open invitation to those who want to come and visit.

No particular arrival time yet.

and no menu yet either. What should we eat? who'd be willing to help bring a couple things food wise.

The gardens should be in full bloom the last week in may and first part of June. I hope to hav ethem in tip top shape by then, and I suppose I will clean the house too. ;0)

Who's coming:
Marilyn
Charlotte
Kim
Loretta
Crissy
Debra I think Debra isn't going to be able to make it. we'll leave her here just in case ;0)
Me plus ( a few local friends)
Karen
Janie
terrye
Sheila

When you know for sure your coming, I'll add your name .

Food:

Me: ham & cheese mini sandwhiches, veggie tray , fruit tray, Sweet tea, lemonade, Ihave all the paper products already.
Marilyn, Grape salad
Charlotte: Dessert of some kind
Kim: BBQ hot dogs.

Everybody's trade list

Kim (duckmother) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7764326
Crissy: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7764138
Marilyn: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7763700
Kathy_ann: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7765974
Debra: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7777593
Charlotte : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7806522
Janie: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7806617
Karen: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7812900
butterflychaser: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7819328
Loretta: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7819447

<

This message was edited May 19, 2010 10:22 AM

This message was edited May 21, 2010 7:27 AM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 8:16 AM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 8:47 AM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 12:03 PM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Don't worry about cleaning the house, KA! We'll be there to look at your gardens--not your house! LOL Since you were my co-hostess at our luncheon in February, it is only fair that I should return the favor and be your helper this time around. Just let me know what you want me to bring--or maybe I can come up with something. Charlotte's grape salad is always a big hit--I can bring that and some blueberry muffins, if you like.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I love that grape salad, I will give it some thought today at work as to what I will make.

perhaps those little sandwhiches, but with ham instead of pork loin. Amber will be home and she likes to bake, I'll talk her into baking something LOL or perhaps giving me some ideas on what to make.

I got to clean house a little, Danny's looking forward to the clean house. ;0)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann I will be glad to bring some kind of desert.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh man!! I want to come to yours too KA!! I don't know if I'll be able to though, I'll be at my mom's the weekend before, wonder if I can talk Dave into Jeri's, my mom's, and your house! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! I'm going to see what I can do... Dave's not real crazy about Louisiana because we're on such a budget we really don't want to spend the money on a hotel room. Also Dave's going to want to stop and spend the night in Shreveport, which isn't good for the budget either... I'll talk to him tonight.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well..... I will have to do some checking on this one! I think I have to pick Kyle up from Boy's state at UCA on the 4th, and then have him back in Fayetteville on the 6th for a different camp...... not sure if I am up to that much driving. The 5th is also my anniversary - but it sure seems like there is SOMETHING else going on that day too.... I need a PDA or a smart phone to help me keep up with everything! Sure hope I can make it. IF i can, I will be happy to bring whatever food you need, although a dessert is easier to deal with from this distance!

Genna

Genna, almost all the newer cell phones have calendars, I have a LG through AT&T that's not a smart phone or PDA and it let's me know hat's on my calendar for that day, of course I never have anything going, I put something on it to see if it would work.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL.... i need to try to start using mine ! Going in WAY too many different directions and can't keep up! Been trying since February to come up with a Sunday afternoon to have an Eagle Scout ceremony for Kyle..... and I am just about ready to give up and have it on a weeknight because I can't find a TIME!

Genna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

It 's also a short notice on this date too, but I wanted to have it when the plants were in full bloom.

Marilyn can you dmail me that recipe for the grape salad, that's dessert tonight.

I'm going to make those ham/cheese sandwhiches on little buns and a fruit tray and veggie tray so far, charlotte if you want to bring a dessert that would be wonderful, Marilyn's bringing the grape salad.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I found the recipe.

I'm going to think out loud and see if anyone can come up with a scheme, of sorts...
Yours is just a one day thing because you're close. If I tell Dave I'm going to give some of these extra plants away he won't balk, however....
He knows about Jeri's and wants to go but he's unsure about the cost since he's out of work, and it would be at minimum a 2 dayer. He also doesn't want me to go by myself because it's such a long distance if he finds a job between now and then. I have to go see my mom in OKC the last weekend of May, can't do anything about that. If I tell Dave about your shindig he won't want to go to Jeri's at all. If I don't tell him and we end up going to Jeri's, then I'll go to my moms, then tell him I want to go to yours he'll balk about the miles I am putting on my car and the cost of gas. I don't know what to do.

KA, I'm coming to yours unless the weather gets bad. There! I've made a decision. Let me know what I should bring!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Just yourself girl. we'll have plenty to eat.

I talked to Loretta, she's coming too.

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Sounds like alot of fun to me too. If all goes well.... I should be coming this year. I do have a grandson's birthday on that day - but not sure what they are gonna be doing this year. Are we gonna do a plant swap, or just come with plants maybe ? If so, I will need to get to digging. And if I do get to come -- KA - I will check with you on what you want me to bring in the line of food, etc. Have to see how all goes with Jim on his chemo, so hopefully he and Kenny may could come with me. But regardless... I am forsure gonna do my darndest to come this year, since I didn't get to come to the last one KA had.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh I'm so glad to hear that Bonnie!! Will be great to have you here. Plant trade? of course we are.

I think Loretta has something i'm wanting of hers too LOL and I'll have your siberian iris ruffled velvet dug by then and potted, and your variegated petitsites will be doin g good by then also.

Let's do trade plants

and Let's Have door prizes, we always have a blast with door prizes.

I know Kim's coming also.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Golly, y'all are making a lot of work for an old lady! LOL I may beg off on the plant trading but I will definitely be there with the grape salad. Sorry I didn't get back to you on the recipe, Kathy Ann. For some reason, DG's page wouldn't load for me this afternoon--don't know what is up with that! My 9 yr. old grandson, Zachary, will be 10 on June 2nd and I am sure his mother will have his birthday party on that Saturday but it will be for his friends so I don't think he will miss me if I am not there. She might have a sleep-over for him on Friday night, though, and invite a few of his friends. I can always just take his present by there and drop it off. When they get to be 10, it is not imperative for grandma to be at the party with their friends--just as long as they get a gift! LOL

Door prizes are always fun. I have my "welcome" frog door prize hanging at the entrance to my new shade garden. Are you putting a dollar limit on the door prizes, Kathy Ann?

Bonnie, it would be great if you and Kenny and Jim can make it to Kathy Ann's!

Olive Branch, MS

Sounds like fun. Depending on how things are going with Jim we want get in till late that Saturday from vacation, otherwise we would ride over. If Bonnie can make it we will however send plants with her. Since he is not able to lift anything yet I have been trying to spend a few hours each evening down there setting stuff out, but seem to be making little progress. Giving it away right now sounds really good. LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it Kenny. I'm glad I got to see youg while I was over near memphis. Be safe on your vacation. Glad Jim is doing better. You'll be missed.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I will bring bbq weenies...unless I come up with something else ;o)

Are we starting a plant list on here or another thread? Or will each of us have a thread?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I like the way Jeri did that but I don't know how she did it. feel free to do it which ever way is most convenient. we can do it here if you want to.

with Jeri's around the corner and so much other things going on , we may not be trading much LOL Like marilyn said, she's pretty much traded out . I'm goin g to dig up some more poppies and root a few things I know will take root before the gathering.

let me know if candice and oksana are coming and i'll put them on the list.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

If you know how to do the trade list the way Jeri did it on her's go for it Kim. I'm not sure if I"ll have that much time to sit down to the computer long enough to get that done.

My DD is moving back home, sometime today I have to go see if I can help her. I'm really glad she's moving back home. I've missed seeing her pretty face around here.

Nice. I hope she does not miss her U of A Barbie ;o)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL, she's not noticed at all. nor will she ever.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

My trade list:

Shasta Daisy
Sedum, Autumn Joy and/or Autumn Fire
Purple coneflower
1. Karen
Monarda, Jacob Cline
1. Karen (2)
2. Janie
Monarda, Stone's Throw Pink
1.Karen
Mexican Petunia--Dwarf Katie Blue(not the tall kind--these are mounding and will get from 10-12 inches high)
1. Karen
2. Nancy Ann
Elephant Ears, Big Dipper
1.Charlotte
2. Karen
3. Nancy Ann
Blue Fortune Agastache
1. Nancy Ann
Torch Lily (Red Hot Poker)
1. Karen
2. Janie

Clerodendrum bungeii (Mexican Hydrangeas--the butterflies love these but you need to give them plenty of room to spread out)

what I am asking for from others:
Charlotte: white anemone
raspberry monarda

Kim: Night before Christmas hosta
Yellow Splash EE
Purple shamrock
Yellow flowering Stonecrop
Illustris EE

Kathy Ann:
Dwarf Fireball Monarda
Lady in Red Hydrangea, if it roots
Royal Red Buddleia, if it roots

Karen:
Sea Stars Stonecrop
Painted Daisy

Nancy Ann:
Blue heirloom iris
Peach heirloom iris
Showy Pink Evening Primrose
Black Moudry Fountain Grass

This message was edited May 29, 2010 10:32 AM

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

This will be mine.

chinese parasol trees

testing to see if this works when we edit our post.

This message was edited May 4, 2010 9:47 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll try my best to do this when everybody 's finished posting their trade list.

No I don't have foxglove to trade LOL just wanted ya'll to see how pretty it was, they won't be blooming when you get here.

I rooted about 4 flats of cuttings today after work, I hope they all root well.

I'll work on a trade list also this evening.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

My Trade List:

I Have: (I'll count quantities tonight)
Many single velvet pink brugs (still, except they're in dirt now lol,)
There are approx 58 stems in 15 pots.
Toad Lily
1. ButterflyChaser
Pachysandra

I'll more than likely have some EE and other miscellaneous plants I don't know what they are.

This message was edited May 23, 2010 9:43 AM

Thumbnail by crissyr
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I saw a big folding table in the dressing room at work, I may ask my boss if I can borrow it for the gathering. that will give us two large tables to put plants on, and I have a fold out table for door prizes.

If this turns into a large gathering, I might ask a couple folks to bring a fold out card table if they have one.

Kim's List:

Peacock Fern--NA--potted
Sensitive Fern
1. NA--potted
2. Extra--potted
Fire and Ice Sport Hosta
1. Extra--potted
Fire and Ice Hosta
1. KA--potted
Night Before Christmas Hosta
1. Marilyn--potted
2. KA--potted
Lamb's Ear--Janie--potted
Miranda EE
1. Charlotte--potted
2. Extra--potted
3. Extra--potted
Yellow Splash EE
1. Marilyn--potted
2.Karen--potted
Purple Shamrock
1. Marilyn--potted
Green Shamrock
1. Extra--potted
Yellow Flowering Stonecrop--Marilyn--Christine--potted
Hardy Pink Begonia
1. Extra--potted
Illustris EE
1. Marilyn--potted
2. Karen--potted
3.NA--potted
4. Extra--potted
Black Runner EE
1. NA--potted
Jap. Maple ssedlings--KA--potted
Green yellow splash EE
1. NA--potted
2. Extra--potted
Clumping Fern
1. NA--potted
2. Extra--potted
Mammoth EE Bulbs
1. KA
Red Dragon
1. NA
2. Charlotte
3. Extra
Touch-Me-Not Seeds--NA--Terrye

Want:
Charlotte-ajuga, impatiens, beefsteak begonia
Janie-artemisia
Karen-stonecrop, Irish moss
Nancy Ann-pale yellow iris, spanish moss, black grass seedlings
Loretta-pink forsythia, gourd

This message was edited Jun 4, 2010 7:49 AM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim could I have a Miranda EE?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'd love a fire & Ice hosta.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, I've posted some links at the top of the page see if they work to direct you to your trade list,

I may have to redo crissy's her picture shows up in her trade list. Not sure if she wanted it to or not.

she may have to post hers again in another post without the picture.

It's still daylight after my walk, so I'll go out and make a list now.

But can we edit on the link page? You cannot edit on link page but when edited on this thread, it will edit on link page. Make sense?

I will add y'all's request...

Charlotte, I also have a pink hardy begonia for you...or do you want me to bring it friday? I would not plant it just yet but I a couple of weeks you can. Just let me know...

This message was edited May 4, 2010 7:58 PM

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Here is my spot, don't know what I will have just yet.

Loretta

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Actually Kimmy pink begonia is finally coming up and Ialso found one at the MG plant sale very cheap so I bought it. So why don't you keep it or pass it on to someone else.

The alba begonia is coming up good but I'm going to wait until it gets a little bigger to dig and bring it to you on the 5th.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

If you click on your link above, and then click on
the link that says

Get together at my house June 5th, it will take you directly to your post where you originally posted your trade list, then you can edit it from there, and make your changes, when you click finish, it will automatically be edited in that first link.

is that clear as mud ? LOL

Those of you who saved spots, post when you do edit and add your list so I can go back and add it to the top thread.

I didn't get to make my list up tonight, I plan to take some more cuttings tomorrow . cause I"M OFF WORK!! yeah, i'm screamin with excitement. I can use some days off. I may get to finish shampooing my carpets too.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

If your coming to my house by way of GPS, You should know, I used my daughter's tom tom for a week or so, in town, and it took me about a mile from my house and told me I was at my destination. sooooo, If you get lost, just call LOL

I do not own a tomasina tomasina or a tom tom ;o)) You will have to give me directions as it gets closer to time.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh yeah, I forgot we had a female didn't we. I'll get you here one way or another, everybody can follow marilyn too LOL she knows the way.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yep, I know the way, so y'all just come to my house and we can have a convoy!!
LOL

Kim, I would like that Night before Christmas hosta and yellow splash EE and yellow flowering stonecrop and the purple shamrock, if that is not too much for one person to ask for, please and thank you.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy, ask Kim if that yellow flowering stonecrop would be a good border plant for your flower bed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.