Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Mid-South Gardening: Get together at my house June 5th

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-South GardeningReplies: 296, Views: 1,472
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
5:01 AM

Post #7759322

I've talked with a few of the local ladies about dates, and we've decided June 5th , the first saturday in June would be a good time to come out and visit the gardens, eat, visit and have fun for the day.

This is an open invitation to those who want to come and visit.

No particular arrival time yet.

and no menu yet either. What should we eat? who'd be willing to help bring a couple things food wise.

The gardens should be in full bloom the last week in may and first part of June. I hope to hav ethem in tip top shape by then, and I suppose I will clean the house too. ;0)

Who's coming:
Marilyn
Charlotte
Kim
Loretta
Crissy
Debra I think Debra isn't going to be able to make it. we'll leave her here just in case ;0)
Me plus ( a few local friends)
Karen
Janie
terrye
Sheila

When you know for sure your coming, I'll add your name .

Food:

Me: ham & cheese mini sandwhiches, veggie tray , fruit tray, Sweet tea, lemonade, Ihave all the paper products already.
Marilyn, Grape salad
Charlotte: Dessert of some kind
Kim: BBQ hot dogs.

Everybody's trade list

Kim (duckmother) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7764326
Crissy: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7764138
Marilyn: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7763700
Kathy_ann: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7765974
Debra: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7777593
Charlotte : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7806522
Janie: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7806617
Karen: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7812900
butterflychaser: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7819328
Loretta: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7819447

<

This message was edited May 19, 2010 10:22 AM

This message was edited May 21, 2010 7:27 AM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 8:16 AM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 8:47 AM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 12:03 PM
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 3, 2010
5:32 AM

Post #7759416

Don't worry about cleaning the house, KA! We'll be there to look at your gardens--not your house! LOL Since you were my co-hostess at our luncheon in February, it is only fair that I should return the favor and be your helper this time around. Just let me know what you want me to bring--or maybe I can come up with something. Charlotte's grape salad is always a big hit--I can bring that and some blueberry muffins, if you like.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
6:02 AM

Post #7759504

I love that grape salad, I will give it some thought today at work as to what I will make.

perhaps those little sandwhiches, but with ham instead of pork loin. Amber will be home and she likes to bake, I'll talk her into baking something LOL or perhaps giving me some ideas on what to make.

I got to clean house a little, Danny's looking forward to the clean house. ;0)

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
6:10 AM

Post #7759522

Kathy Ann I will be glad to bring some kind of desert.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
6:40 AM

Post #7759608

Oh man!! I want to come to yours too KA!! I don't know if I'll be able to though, I'll be at my mom's the weekend before, wonder if I can talk Dave into Jeri's, my mom's, and your house! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! I'm going to see what I can do... Dave's not real crazy about Louisiana because we're on such a budget we really don't want to spend the money on a hotel room. Also Dave's going to want to stop and spend the night in Shreveport, which isn't good for the budget either... I'll talk to him tonight.
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 3, 2010
6:56 AM

Post #7759654

Well... I will have to do some checking on this one! I think I have to pick Kyle up from Boy's state at UCA on the 4th, and then have him back in Fayetteville on the 6th for a different camp... not sure if I am up to that much driving. The 5th is also my anniversary - but it sure seems like there is SOMETHING else going on that day too... I need a PDA or a smart phone to help me keep up with everything! Sure hope I can make it. IF i can, I will be happy to bring whatever food you need, although a dessert is easier to deal with from this distance!

Genna
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
7:38 AM

Post #7759792

Genna, almost all the newer cell phones have calendars, I have a LG through AT&T that's not a smart phone or PDA and it let's me know hat's on my calendar for that day, of course I never have anything going, I put something on it to see if it would work.

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 3, 2010
9:28 AM

Post #7760120

LOL... i need to try to start using mine ! Going in WAY too many different directions and can't keep up! Been trying since February to come up with a Sunday afternoon to have an Eagle Scout ceremony for Kyle... and I am just about ready to give up and have it on a weeknight because I can't find a TIME!

Genna
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
1:47 PM

Post #7760880

It 's also a short notice on this date too, but I wanted to have it when the plants were in full bloom.

Marilyn can you dmail me that recipe for the grape salad, that's dessert tonight.

I'm going to make those ham/cheese sandwhiches on little buns and a fruit tray and veggie tray so far, charlotte if you want to bring a dessert that would be wonderful, Marilyn's bringing the grape salad.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
2:47 PM

Post #7761039

I found the recipe.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
6:54 PM

Post #7761841

I'm going to think out loud and see if anyone can come up with a scheme, of sorts...
Yours is just a one day thing because you're close. If I tell Dave I'm going to give some of these extra plants away he won't balk, however...
He knows about Jeri's and wants to go but he's unsure about the cost since he's out of work, and it would be at minimum a 2 dayer. He also doesn't want me to go by myself because it's such a long distance if he finds a job between now and then. I have to go see my mom in OKC the last weekend of May, can't do anything about that. If I tell Dave about your shindig he won't want to go to Jeri's at all. If I don't tell him and we end up going to Jeri's, then I'll go to my moms, then tell him I want to go to yours he'll balk about the miles I am putting on my car and the cost of gas. I don't know what to do.

KA, I'm coming to yours unless the weather gets bad. There! I've made a decision. Let me know what I should bring!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
7:17 PM

Post #7761912

Just yourself girl. we'll have plenty to eat.

I talked to Loretta, she's coming too.

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2010
7:28 PM

Post #7761934

Sounds like alot of fun to me too. If all goes well... I should be coming this year. I do have a grandson's birthday on that day - but not sure what they are gonna be doing this year. Are we gonna do a plant swap, or just come with plants maybe ? If so, I will need to get to digging. And if I do get to come -- KA - I will check with you on what you want me to bring in the line of food, etc. Have to see how all goes with Jim on his chemo, so hopefully he and Kenny may could come with me. But regardless... I am forsure gonna do my darndest to come this year, since I didn't get to come to the last one KA had.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2010
7:32 PM

Post #7761949

oh I'm so glad to hear that Bonnie!! Will be great to have you here. Plant trade? of course we are.

I think Loretta has something i'm wanting of hers too LOL and I'll have your siberian iris ruffled velvet dug by then and potted, and your variegated petitsites will be doin g good by then also.

Let's do trade plants

and Let's Have door prizes, we always have a blast with door prizes.

I know Kim's coming also.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 3, 2010
7:46 PM

Post #7761993

Golly, y'all are making a lot of work for an old lady! LOL I may beg off on the plant trading but I will definitely be there with the grape salad. Sorry I didn't get back to you on the recipe, Kathy Ann. For some reason, DG's page wouldn't load for me this afternoon--don't know what is up with that! My 9 yr. old grandson, Zachary, will be 10 on June 2nd and I am sure his mother will have his birthday party on that Saturday but it will be for his friends so I don't think he will miss me if I am not there. She might have a sleep-over for him on Friday night, though, and invite a few of his friends. I can always just take his present by there and drop it off. When they get to be 10, it is not imperative for grandma to be at the party with their friends--just as long as they get a gift! LOL

Door prizes are always fun. I have my "welcome" frog door prize hanging at the entrance to my new shade garden. Are you putting a dollar limit on the door prizes, Kathy Ann?

Bonnie, it would be great if you and Kenny and Jim can make it to Kathy Ann's!

obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

May 3, 2010
8:49 PM

Post #7762168

Sounds like fun. Depending on how things are going with Jim we want get in till late that Saturday from vacation, otherwise we would ride over. If Bonnie can make it we will however send plants with her. Since he is not able to lift anything yet I have been trying to spend a few hours each evening down there setting stuff out, but seem to be making little progress. Giving it away right now sounds really good. LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
4:24 AM

Post #7762541

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it Kenny. I'm glad I got to see youg while I was over near memphis. Be safe on your vacation. Glad Jim is doing better. You'll be missed.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
5:22 AM

Post #7762638

I will bring bbq weenies...unless I come up with something else ;o)

Are we starting a plant list on here or another thread? Or will each of us have a thread?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
5:39 AM

Post #7762671

I like the way Jeri did that but I don't know how she did it. feel free to do it which ever way is most convenient. we can do it here if you want to.

with Jeri's around the corner and so much other things going on , we may not be trading much LOL Like marilyn said, she's pretty much traded out . I'm goin g to dig up some more poppies and root a few things I know will take root before the gathering.

let me know if candice and oksana are coming and i'll put them on the list.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
5:43 AM

Post #7762678

If you know how to do the trade list the way Jeri did it on her's go for it Kim. I'm not sure if I"ll have that much time to sit down to the computer long enough to get that done.

My DD is moving back home, sometime today I have to go see if I can help her. I'm really glad she's moving back home. I've missed seeing her pretty face around here.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
6:00 AM

Post #7762717

Nice. I hope she does not miss her U of A Barbie ;o)
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
12:04 PM

Post #7763615

LOL, she's not noticed at all. nor will she ever.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 4, 2010
12:31 PM

Post #7763700

My trade list:

Shasta Daisy
Sedum, Autumn Joy and/or Autumn Fire
Purple coneflower
1. Karen
Monarda, Jacob Cline
1. Karen (2)
2. Janie
Monarda, Stone's Throw Pink
1.Karen
Mexican Petunia--Dwarf Katie Blue(not the tall kind--these are mounding and will get from 10-12 inches high)
1. Karen
2. Nancy Ann
Elephant Ears, Big Dipper
1.Charlotte
2. Karen
3. Nancy Ann
Blue Fortune Agastache
1. Nancy Ann
Torch Lily (Red Hot Poker)
1. Karen
2. Janie

Clerodendrum bungeii (Mexican Hydrangeas--the butterflies love these but you need to give them plenty of room to spread out)

what I am asking for from others:
Charlotte: white anemone
raspberry monarda

Kim: Night before Christmas hosta
Yellow Splash EE
Purple shamrock
Yellow flowering Stonecrop
Illustris EE

Kathy Ann:
Dwarf Fireball Monarda
Lady in Red Hydrangea, if it roots
Royal Red Buddleia, if it roots

Karen:
Sea Stars Stonecrop
Painted Daisy

Nancy Ann:
Blue heirloom iris
Peach heirloom iris
Showy Pink Evening Primrose
Black Moudry Fountain Grass

This message was edited May 29, 2010 10:32 AM
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2010
1:27 PM

Post #7763861

This will be mine.

chinese parasol trees

testing to see if this works when we edit our post.

This message was edited May 4, 2010 9:47 PM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
1:32 PM

Post #7763871

I'll try my best to do this when everybody 's finished posting their trade list.

No I don't have foxglove to trade LOL just wanted ya'll to see how pretty it was, they won't be blooming when you get here.

I rooted about 4 flats of cuttings today after work, I hope they all root well.

I'll work on a trade list also this evening.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Click the image for an enlarged view.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
2:55 PM

Post #7764138

My Trade List:

I Have: (I'll count quantities tonight)
Many single velvet pink brugs (still, except they're in dirt now lol,)
There are approx 58 stems in 15 pots.
Toad Lily
1. ButterflyChaser
Pachysandra

I'll more than likely have some EE and other miscellaneous plants I don't know what they are.

This message was edited May 23, 2010 9:43 AM

Thumbnail by crissyr

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
3:21 PM

Post #7764202

I saw a big folding table in the dressing room at work, I may ask my boss if I can borrow it for the gathering. that will give us two large tables to put plants on, and I have a fold out table for door prizes.

If this turns into a large gathering, I might ask a couple folks to bring a fold out card table if they have one.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
4:05 PM

Post #7764326

Kim's List:

Peacock Fern--NA--potted
Sensitive Fern
1. NA--potted
2. Extra--potted
Fire and Ice Sport Hosta
1. Extra--potted
Fire and Ice Hosta
1. KA--potted
Night Before Christmas Hosta
1. Marilyn--potted
2. KA--potted
Lamb's Ear--Janie--potted
Miranda EE
1. Charlotte--potted
2. Extra--potted
3. Extra--potted
Yellow Splash EE
1. Marilyn--potted
2.Karen--potted
Purple Shamrock
1. Marilyn--potted
Green Shamrock
1. Extra--potted
Yellow Flowering Stonecrop--Marilyn--Christine--potted
Hardy Pink Begonia
1. Extra--potted
Illustris EE
1. Marilyn--potted
2. Karen--potted
3.NA--potted
4. Extra--potted
Black Runner EE
1. NA--potted
Jap. Maple ssedlings--KA--potted
Green yellow splash EE
1. NA--potted
2. Extra--potted
Clumping Fern
1. NA--potted
2. Extra--potted
Mammoth EE Bulbs
1. KA
Red Dragon
1. NA
2. Charlotte
3. Extra
Touch-Me-Not Seeds--NA--Terrye

Want:
Charlotte-ajuga, impatiens, beefsteak begonia
Janie-artemisia
Karen-stonecrop, Irish moss
Nancy Ann-pale yellow iris, spanish moss, black grass seedlings
Loretta-pink forsythia, gourd

This message was edited Jun 4, 2010 7:49 AM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
4:46 PM

Post #7764464

Kim could I have a Miranda EE?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
5:33 PM

Post #7764619

I'd love a fire & Ice hosta.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
5:39 PM

Post #7764633

Ok, I've posted some links at the top of the page see if they work to direct you to your trade list,

I may have to redo crissy's her picture shows up in her trade list. Not sure if she wanted it to or not.

she may have to post hers again in another post without the picture.

It's still daylight after my walk, so I'll go out and make a list now.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
5:51 PM

Post #7764665

But can we edit on the link page? You cannot edit on link page but when edited on this thread, it will edit on link page. Make sense?

I will add y'all's request...

Charlotte, I also have a pink hardy begonia for you...or do you want me to bring it friday? I would not plant it just yet but I a couple of weeks you can. Just let me know...

This message was edited May 4, 2010 7:58 PM
lorettad
Batesville, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2010
6:31 PM

Post #7764796

Here is my spot, don't know what I will have just yet.

Loretta

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
6:56 PM

Post #7764927

Actually Kimmy pink begonia is finally coming up and Ialso found one at the MG plant sale very cheap so I bought it. So why don't you keep it or pass it on to someone else.

The alba begonia is coming up good but I'm going to wait until it gets a little bigger to dig and bring it to you on the 5th.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
7:12 PM

Post #7764983

If you click on your link above, and then click on
the link that says

Get together at my house June 5th, it will take you directly to your post where you originally posted your trade list, then you can edit it from there, and make your changes, when you click finish, it will automatically be edited in that first link.

is that clear as mud ? LOL

Those of you who saved spots, post when you do edit and add your list so I can go back and add it to the top thread.

I didn't get to make my list up tonight, I plan to take some more cuttings tomorrow . cause I"M OFF WORK!! yeah, i'm screamin with excitement. I can use some days off. I may get to finish shampooing my carpets too.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
7:15 PM

Post #7764998

If your coming to my house by way of GPS, You should know, I used my daughter's tom tom for a week or so, in town, and it took me about a mile from my house and told me I was at my destination. sooooo, If you get lost, just call LOL
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
9:04 PM

Post #7765304

I do not own a tomasina tomasina or a tom tom ;o)) You will have to give me directions as it gets closer to time.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
9:05 PM

Post #7765309

Oh yeah, I forgot we had a female didn't we. I'll get you here one way or another, everybody can follow marilyn too LOL she knows the way.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 5, 2010
4:06 AM

Post #7765568

Yep, I know the way, so y'all just come to my house and we can have a convoy!!
LOL

Kim, I would like that Night before Christmas hosta and yellow splash EE and yellow flowering stonecrop and the purple shamrock, if that is not too much for one person to ask for, please and thank you.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 5, 2010
4:08 AM

Post #7765572

Crissy, ask Kim if that yellow flowering stonecrop would be a good border plant for your flower bed.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 5, 2010
4:14 AM

Post #7765578

Kathy Ann, I have posted some plants to my trade list now.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
6:00 AM

Post #7765768

Crissy, stonecrop is an excellent border plant...in anything except deep shade. Do you want some? Peacock fern is also great for anything except full sun. Do you want some?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
7:08 AM

Post #7765974

Ok, I have my list ready I think

this one is copied from Jeri's trade list, but I had some time to take cuttings and root some other things also

Garlic chives
cameleon plant
pantyloons campanula,
wild ginger canadense
variegated dwarf bamboo (5 or ^6)
clerodendrum bungii
Strawberries & cream canary grass
Lunaria
Zebrina malva,
Sensative fern (5 or 6)
sweet woodruff (7)
porcelain berry plants
yarrow ortels rose
Yarrow cherise queen
Mint: List
Basil mint
Habak mint
Fruit sensations
Hillary sweet lemon
Mojito
wild berries
Julia's sweet citrus
Monarda dwarf fireball
Monarda cambridge scarlet
Mum Clara Curtis
poppies
solomon seal variegated

Here are some things I've taken cuttings off of and are rooting now. Don't get your hopes up if they don't root, :0) I'm bad at rooting the limelight hydrangea, so we'll see how it goes. I took green cuttings. but they just don't like to root for me.

Sedums:
Abbydore
autumn fire
crazy ruffles
mediovariegata
brilliant
Black adder agastache
raspberry summer agastach

Buddleias: trying again with the

royal red
white profusion
I have one black knight buddleia rooted already gone
Ricepaper plant
pink cleome plants

Coral reef monarda
yellow 4 oclocks seedlings
hot pink 4 oclock seedlings
creeping jenny regular green & lime green
white flowering monarda
Some no name TB iris I need to divide if I find tags i'll label them
leeks
chinese sedum
Black and blue salvia

iris
TB
honey glazed
smoke rings

Wants:

Kim : Sagae hosta

Marilyn:
Fireball monarda
lady in red hydrangea
royal red buddleia
black knight buddleia
raspberry summer agastache
abbydore sedum
mediovariegata sedum

Karen: zebrina malva
sensative fern
honeyglazed iris
sultans palace if I have it

Janie:
Clara curtis mum
variegated solomon seal

Nancy:

julias sweet citrus mint
sensitive fern
yarrow ortels rose
Yarrow cerise queen

This message was edited May 23, 2010 8:46 AM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 12:22 PM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
7:10 AM

Post #7765977

My trade list is posted now, and at the top.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #7765985

Chinese Lantern and Sweet Woodruff...so far...I will have to look up a lot of it ;o))
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
7:25 AM

Post #7766015

LOL, I just pulled about 25 chinese lanterns this morning and threw them in the woods, I'll go pot some up I'm pulling every one of them this year. they look like weeds till they turn to seed, sorry, if I turned you against them. LOL

start a want list for everybody
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
7:35 AM

Post #7766049

LOL Just bring me one then. I may throw it away before the season is over.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
7:40 AM

Post #7766061

OH well, now your gonna throw my plants away ha? I'm just sick over this ;0)

ROFL Ok, i'l ljust bring you one
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 5, 2010
7:56 AM

Post #7766099

Kathy Ann, is this the yarrow you are calling Cherise Queen? I couldn't find it under your spelling but this is what came up in plant files:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/48883/

It looks to be the same color as the Oertel's Rose.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
8:10 AM

Post #7766134

ortel's rose
http://www.northcreeknurseries.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/plants.plantDetail/plant_id/2/index.htm

cerise queen
http://www.smgrowers.com/products/plants/plantdisplay.asp?plant_id=27

mine are a little different, my ortel's rose doesn't get as tall as cerise queen, a nd cerise queen takes over,

I lost my main plant of the richard nelson, it's a darker pink, but I see it came up in another part of the gardens,

Cerise queen is the proper spelling, and it is one of those that likes to take over.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
8:11 AM

Post #7766136

I have lots of other yarrows but their all real tall and about to bloom, not the best time to divide them. I'd like to find terracotta yarrow.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
9:08 AM

Post #7766307

i've added these things to my list

I've been cleaning and redoing the bed along the front of my house so I can plant the dynomite red crepe mertyles across there, have dug up everything adn replanted what I wanted, here are some extra things if you want them

Daylily
innerview
fire power

iris
TB sultan's palace
honey glazed
smoke rings

Let me know,
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
11:20 AM

Post #7766642

are any of the iris dwarf?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
11:47 AM

Post #7766706

the honey glazed is an Intermediate boarder the rest are TB's
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
12:07 PM

Post #7766756

KIM! Yes I would like some stonecrop please! That is a 8+ hours a day sun area. I planted pansy seeds but they never came up.

KA I had the picture because I was asking a question about it. I don't have to have it on the new link.

This message was edited May 5, 2010 2:36 PM
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 5, 2010
1:26 PM

Post #7766967

I'll take whatever iris you have that nobody else asks for, Kathy Ann. None of my EE's came back in the front heart-shaped bed so I have room for some more plants. and iris will do well there. If you don't have enough to go around, give them to others. I can always get some from you at a later date.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
1:31 PM

Post #7766981

Marilyn don't give up on them yet, Diana has a bunch that haven't started coming up yet.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #7766991

I have plenty marilyn.

My pink china is coming back but not my big dipper, Ih ope it comes back, if it doesnt' no more ee's for me at all.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
1:35 PM

Post #7767002

Kim i'll bring your plants friday, so if there is anything else you want, holler before then
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 5, 2010
1:45 PM

Post #7767023

Chrissy, does Diana know for sure that her EE's have made it through the winter. I would think hers would have come back by now since you all are further south.

Kathy Ann, my Big Dipper is making lots of pups--that thing certainly knows how to reproduce! LOL I will be more than happy to share some with you. It won't matter to me if it doesn't come back for you. I'll have more next year, I am sure. My Illustris hasn't come back and neither have the two "just plain" EE's that I had in the ground. I have looked every day and there is still no sign of Illustris, although it did come back for me last season.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
2:17 PM

Post #7767101

I will take a honey glazed, KA. My big dipper EE is still rather small...but it is growing quicker than my mammoth EEs which usually are the first out of the ground...go figure.

Marilyn, do you want an Illustris EE?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
2:25 PM

Post #7767116

I'm just gonna pass marilyn, on the ee's, I'm really going to try to stick wtih stuff I don't have to replant. I still have all kenny's ee's he gave me, their in pots, just now coming back from dormancy from storage in the garage. thank you though.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
6:25 PM

Post #7767803

My EEs that were in storage have all came back, except for the Lime Zinger, most of them never died out, I'm guessing because the garage never got below 40*. We went out and looked yesterday, there are a couple that are coming back, her Giant is and another one is, no sign of the Black Magic yet or other miscellaneous ones. Around the corner someone has a huge EE plant that was planted over 3 years ago I know, it's not coming back yet either. My brugs aren't coming back yet. Hang on just a little longer, I'd say that if you don't have some ears by the time KA has her gathering, you're not going to get any. I bet they will come back though. I need to find a place to put mine, I really don't have any good place for them :-(

Kim, remember I asked you about that Canadian Goose? Well, there are now two adults and I think Diana counted 8 chicks!!!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
6:34 PM

Post #7767849

LOL I am glad that the momma was just nesting.

I forgot about my Lime Zinger...I bet it is a goner, as it was in the ground.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
6:40 PM

Post #7767873

Christine I'm not sure when you planted your pansy seed but pansies are a winter plant. I always plant mine in the late fall (I buy plants have never tried seed). They bloom some during the winter and then really do great in the very early spring. It is now about time to pull them up. They only last one season and the hot weather will kill them. They like cold weather.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
6:45 PM

Post #7767884

I had some huge just plain elephant ears last year and I see just a couple of little tiny pups up now. I had taken some out to Wildwood and just a couple of small pups are poking up there also. My Pineapple Princess I got from Kenny is coming up. I have a variegated one I kept in the pot in the garbage and of course it is ok. I planted my lime zinger from Kenny in the ground and haven't seen any sign of it. I really like that one so I bought a fairly big one at Rita's.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
7:03 PM

Post #7767956

My lime zinger did not come up until very late last year.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 5, 2010
7:03 PM

Post #7767958

Kim, somebody is supposed to bring me one to Jeri's RU, but if I don't get one, then I would like one from you, please. I'll let you know after we get back from Jeri's, if that is okay with you. I'm speaking about the Illustris, of course! LOL

This message was edited May 5, 2010 9:10 PM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
7:06 PM

Post #7767961

So there is still hope that some of the EE's will still make it!! I put tags in the ground for them so I know where they are supposed to be.
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 5, 2010
7:14 PM

Post #7767983

Christine, my Black magic isn't up yet either. It comes up a little later than the others but this winter really did a number on a lot of the EEs. My Black Stem and Red Stem are barely showing now and only in one clump that was more protected. I lost most of the ones I wintered over.

KA, maybe we'll get to come but I won't know until later. I hope so. I'd love to see your gardens again, especially since you've added so much more since I've been there.

terrye
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

May 5, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #7768017

Don't give up on the ears yet. I do believe with the cold winter we had alot froze out, but I noticed the other day a few beginning to pop up. I going to try to work down at Jim's tomorrow and get the rest of his set out.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
7:38 PM

Post #7768092

WE'd love to have you and Sandra Terrye.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 6, 2010
7:08 AM

Post #7769030

Marilyn, I will go ahead and pot an illustris. If you don't need it, someone at work will take it ;o)
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 6, 2010
9:02 AM

Post #7769317

OK, thanks, Kim!
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2010
6:23 AM

Post #7777120

Count me in! I'll bring snakes ... I mean, snacks. How about a veggie/cheese/dip tray? Just let me know what you need and I'll bring it.

I have tons of plants to give away but don't want anything in exchange. Seriously, I'm desperately trying to get rid of plants as we clear the beds. We are clearing near the house to try to reduce the # of snakes and redesigning several areas. If anyone would like to come now or anytime before we go to Kathy's and help yourself - you are welcome to come. Please! Not sure how much I can load up and transport. Some are shrubs, etc to transplant. Will list when I figure out where to do it.

Where are the trade lists? Are we starting individual threads for those?

Happy Mother's Day!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #7777199

I'm glad you can make it Debra, You just post your trade list in a new post and I'll copy and paste a link to the very top post so you can look at all the other trade lists up there

If you want to see what everybody else has for trade, just go to the top post up there and click on eveyrbody's link

you'll have a link too as soon as yo upost a trade list.

BTW Bonnie's not going to get to come WE will miss having her.

Terrye & Sandra, are considering so we hope we can twist their arm into coming.

They can stay the night if they need to and go back home the next day!! maybe that will coax them LOL

I'm not sure we'll need any more food so far there's not many folks coming. I think we'll have lots

fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2010
9:47 AM

Post #7777593

My trade list:

HAVE
These are all established plants/shrubs - not seedlings or cuttings unless stated otherwise and I would love for anyone to come get these now if you are able instead of waiting for the RU. I have several of most plants or they are large enough to divide. You are welcome to come out with your boxes, bags and pots and look around to see if there is anything you would like. One at a time or in groups - doesn't matter - just please come get these plants so I don't have to throw them away. I'll provide shovels and David will help if he is here.

hydrangea - Lady in Red
hydrangea - Endless Summer
ajuga - bronze beauty
crepe myrtles - pink, purple, maybe white
barberry - crimson queen?
lorpedlum (chinese fringe) - plum delight (depending on designer's suggestions)
clematis - pink and purple
beauty berry
misc ferns
hostas
daylilies - NOID yellow and orange
blackberry lily
Nepeta Walkers Low
purple asters
obedient plant
solomans sword
helleri holly
canna - NOID red
purple pincushion plant (can't recall name)
liriope
misc iris rhizomes (dug last fall but should do fine once planted)

WOULD LIKE:
I'm seriously trying to remove many plants to reduce our snake population. A landscape designer will be presenting plans for most areas later so I'm not replanting yet and don't need plants in exchange. I don't need ANYTHING in exchange but would not refuse any extras you may have of soaps, bird houses, wind chimes, birdbaths, etc. :)

Will update later.

Thumbnail by fleursdefouquet

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2010
10:38 AM

Post #7777696

I posted alink above on the top post to your trade list. :0)

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 9, 2010
12:06 PM

Post #7777865

Debra, I betcha I could take a fern or two or several ;o) I would also like a holly...unless it is too big to bring.
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2010
5:11 AM

Post #7779536

I could probably bring a fern or two but the hollies are too big. Want to come get some?

I have a couple of young men working for us this summer - if several are interested in coming at one time I could schedule them to be here to do the digging. They will be digging them up anyway.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2010
7:24 AM

Post #7779913

I would love some iris, I really don't have any more space bbuuuuuuttttt... LOL
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2010
9:55 AM

Post #7780417

any particular colors?
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 10, 2010
10:44 AM

Post #7780567

Debra: I will take the hydrangeas. I will be gone to Jeri's RU the 13th-16th but if you schedule a day some other time for several people to come while your guys are there, please let me know.
thanks,
Marilyn
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2010
2:00 PM

Post #7781122

No, no particular colors, I have purple and yellow, and one that looks like this...

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2010
2:01 PM

Post #7781129

That's a yucky pic... here's a better one...

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2010
2:02 PM

Post #7781130

I have these guys too...

Thumbnail by crissyr

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #7781210

Debra, I can give you some soap, In trade for all those azaleas and forsythias you gave me. :0) and I'll even giv eyou a lotion LOL
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2010
3:48 PM

Post #7781353

Kathy, I don't want anything for those plants. Consider them your hostess gifts for this next RU at your house. If you ever have more of those scraps you throw away I'll gladly take some of those. We use them all the time and give away the nice ones. LOL!

If anyone is interested in coming as a group and having helpers here to dig for you, let me know and I'll make the arrangements. It needs to be soon though. These beds need to be readied for the new design/clean up project. Anyone interested in this coming weekend? I could probably arrange something then.

Kathy - don't mean to take over your thread. I really don't have much to bring to the RU. Everything is too big. My offerings are more of the 'come get it' variety.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 10, 2010
7:55 PM

Post #7782156

Girl, I have a huge box full, we'll look through that box when you get here. I put all the end pieces in there.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2010
6:35 AM

Post #7782891

LOL Debra I understand that! Mine are all growing and in full bloom, so I'm going to have to wait until they die out before I can dig. I need to move some daylilies around.

I don't have room for anything else! WWWAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #7782927

I have some things to bring but I don't have time to figure it all out right now. Marilyn and I are going to Jeri's this weekend and I have my plate full right now. But I do know I have:
toad lilies
strawberry begonia
canna red with thin flower
dead nettle
a forysthia (this is not a rooted cutting but a grown plant I am digging up) (Marilyn)
I have impatiens coming up like crazy again this year. I don't want them covering everything in my yard, so I'm going to pot up some of them and bring.

This message was edited May 17, 2010 9:22 PM
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2010
7:28 AM

Post #7783086

I have tons of shade, so I will be happy to take some impatiens!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2010
1:57 PM

Post #7784319

I don't have hardly any shade and the impatiens I took last year didn't come back this year :(
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2010
3:42 PM

Post #7784618

So this is who's coming so far right?

Terrye, do you think you and Sandra will be able to come?

Marilyn
Charlotte
Kim
Loretta
Crissy
Debra
Me

If you think you might know someone on DG that may want to come and you think they haven't seen the thread yet, please let them know for me.

If we only have this many coming, then we'll have plenty of food with out anybody else bringing anything.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 11, 2010
3:58 PM

Post #7784660

Terrye and I will have to let you know closer to time. You know we want to, but I will have to be feeling better to come, I can always hope--LOL !
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 11, 2010
4:41 PM

Post #7784792

KA, I'm planning on coming. Like Sandra I will have to wait until closer to time to know for sure.

Terrye
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2010
4:43 PM

Post #7784805

Ok, sounds fair enough, hope you both can make it.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 11, 2010
4:50 PM

Post #7784822

We promise to bring food if we come--LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 11, 2010
6:05 PM

Post #7784922

You trying to fatten us up, Sandra? LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2010
6:32 PM

Post #7785012

Some of us are already close to that LOL

I'm fixing a large veggie tray with dip and a large fruit tray with dip and those mini ham/cheese sandwhiches with melted butter and poppy seeds on top LOL I bought a couple of those large serving trays from the deli at walmart today for the fruit and veggies,
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
5:17 AM

Post #7791839

Kathy Ann I'll be there! Can't wait to see your gardens - I'll post a list of what I have here in a few days. I really don't need anything since I have broken the bank and the planting arm this spring - HOWEVER, I am going to be redoing a bed at my daughters house in NWA in a few weeks and I am looking for easy care plants in mostly red and purple - her siding on her house is yellow so I'm staying away from that color. This is a west facing bed so it'll have LOTS of afternoon sun. I have some red daylilies and a couple of purple salvias but if you guys have some suggestions I'm open to them. She isn't a flower person (yet) so I don't want anything to labor intensive or it'll for sure DIE!!
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
6:23 AM

Post #7792002

Karen, I have several purple plants if you would like them. The ajuga blooms purple. I have lots of purple coneflower seedlings popping up. This is Nepeta - Walker's Low (catmint)

fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
6:25 AM

Post #7792009

Soloman's Seal?

fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7792016

Purple clematis.

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
6:46 AM

Post #7792052

Debra those would be great! When do you want me to come get them - I know you are trying to get those things out of the way. Is the catmint invasive?
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
6:59 AM

Post #7792088

I love clematis but don't have a place to put one. I guess I could put it at the bottom of a tree and keep it trimmed so it doesn't get out of control... hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
7:39 AM

Post #7792163

Karen, the catmint grows in a circular shape and has gotten larger since it was planted a couple of years ago but is not invasive. It doesn't have anything around it to keep it contained and it hasn't gone anywhere! I should be around Sat and Sun afternoon. Let me know when you want to come and I'll plan to be here. Will be easier to catch than last time, I promise!

Crissy, the clematis needs to be tied to a support. It won't climb on it's own. It can be tied straight up a narrow pole, along a long fence, or over an arbor. I've also seen it allowed to grow on the ground around the base of a tree like a ground cover. I'm whacking the vines back this weekend and will have large root balls that can be divided.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
8:12 AM

Post #7792237

Debra, that solomon seal? or questionable plant looks like some salvia I might have gave you a year ago or so, saphire blue salvia is what it looks like

So glad your able to make it Karen,

fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
8:18 AM

Post #7792246

You're right, Kathy! That's why I had the question mark. Sapphire Blue Salvia - it puts out a lot of blooms! And definitely can take the sun.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #7792435

yes, it's beautiful stuff.! I love mine and it spreads nicely too.

Karen have you talked to Janie to see if she wants to come? we need to get her a message to come .

kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
6:10 PM

Post #7793491

Janie is coming KA

Debra Janie and I will come out Sat - when we finish at the Conway MG sale - wait will you be home just in the afternoon? If so, I'll need to check with Janie cause I figure will be back out here by 10:00 or so. We can call when we finish if you are not sure about your day:)

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
6:31 PM

Post #7793566

I didn't understand that question? is that something youwere asking janie? if she was going to behome just in the afternoon? LOL

glad she's able to come too
JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

May 14, 2010
7:01 PM

Post #7793675

Kathy_Ann, I got down on my knees and begggggggggged Karen to let me come with her (lol).

fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #7793720

Karen, my daughter's graduation is Sat morning. We need to run some errands while in town and prob won't be home until mid in the afternoon. Can you come then?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #7793732

So you guys aren't coming till the afternoon?
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 15, 2010
4:51 AM

Post #7794231

Kathy - Karen is talking to me about she and Janie coming out today to dig up plants. Sorry if we confused everyone.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 15, 2010
5:21 AM

Post #7794280

LOL, ok, as long as ya'll are coming here before lunch time cause i can't guarantee that there will be any food for you if you don't ha !
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 15, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #7794512

I have a few seedling jap. map. if anyone is interested.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 15, 2010
7:44 AM

Post #7794613

Duh!! of course i'd love to have them, I just bought 4 off ebay. LOL

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 15, 2010
7:45 AM

Post #7794617

Kathy Ann, the green seedling you gave me several years ago is really getting pretty now--did you not keep any of those?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 15, 2010

Post #7794620

No, I guess I didn't, I think I may have lost them in the greenhouse. someone sent me those in a trade and sent like 20 of them, I gave them all away but a few of them.
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 15, 2010
8:51 PM

Post #7796318

Debra, I could have sworn I posted a note here last night that Janie and I wouldn't be able to make it this afternoon. I have no idea where that post went to. I MAY be able to come tomorrow afternoon - but I'll have to see since I have the three grandkids tonight. I might be just too worn out by tomorrow:) I'll for sure call before I come out so don't change plans on my account.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 17, 2010
8:23 PM

Post #7802667

Bonnie I would love to have a Chinese Parasol Tree!

I will edit my list and add this week. Too busy for the next few days.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
5:14 AM

Post #7803344

Bonnie's not coming, I forgot to remove her list. I use to have some parasol trees, but the ones I didn't get put into the ground that I kept in pots , died on me . I don't know how long it takes for them to make flowers and drop seeds, I have one tree almost as tall as me now. and I just got it from bonnie last year.

if it ever drops seeds and makes babies, i'll be giving away a ton also LOL

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #7803447

Sorry to hear she's not coming. Will get my list updated later this week.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
7:17 AM

Post #7803837

Yep, we need to talk about her now, so her ears will burn! LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2010
1:15 PM

Post #7804860

I have one plant for you, Charlotte, from Jeri's RU which got mixed in with my stuff.
I also have 2 or 3 plants for you, Kathy Ann, that people sent you. One is the Henry Duelberg salvia from Sandi. I can't remember what the other ones are right now. I have been outside all morning and my mind and my body are tired! LOL Also, Becky gave me a white salvia which she thinks might be an Augusta Duelberg salvia but she isn't sure. Anyway, it was pretty big and when I planted it today I discovered that there were two smaller sections in the pot with the bigger plant. I divided them and I have one to bring you, KA, and an extra for someone else--whoever asks first.

I'm sorry Bonnie won't be able to make it to your house, KA. Is Terrye coming or does she know yet? I have a "Gentle Giant daffodil bulb for both her and Crissy.

By the way, Kathy Ann, my red and yellow milkweeds are blooming--didn't notice the orange ones blooming yet. Also, the Copper King and the Fantasia hardy hibiscus you gave me last fall are both alive and about 4 to 5 inches tall. :o)) I also have an echinacea blooming that I thought I had lost. I don't know if it is Tomato Soup or what but it is orangey red but not the same as Tiki Torch which is also an orangey red.

Thumbnail by marsue

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
1:52 PM

Post #7804944

4 to 5 inch Kopper King? Mine is about 5 ft tall! It grew one stem straight up. It's on the left.

Thumbnail by crissyr

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2010
1:58 PM

Post #7804957

LOL, Crissy. I would be thrilled if mine was that tall but since I thought both of the hibiscus were dead, I am thrilled they are 5 inches tall. :o))

Kathy Ann gave me two small penstemons in March. They are both blooming now.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2010

Post #7804964

The gi-normous hollyhocks are now blooming! This is the pink one.

Thumbnail by marsue

tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 18, 2010

Post #7804967

Marilyn, I'm planning on coming. I have your Einstein dug and ready to go so hopefully I'll make this one.

Terrye
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2010
2:03 PM

Post #7804972

oh, good, Terrye! It will be good to see you again! :o))

This is the now-even-taller-than-Kathy-Ann white holly hock.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2010
2:05 PM

Post #7804979

a broader view of the hummingbird/butterfly bed

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2010
2:10 PM

Post #7805002

red fox veronica and blue salvia in bloom

Thumbnail by marsue

tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 18, 2010
2:10 PM

Post #7805005

Marilyn, your beds are looking great. Many of these RU/nursery trips and you have them full in no time.

terrye
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2010
2:15 PM

Post #7805015

Well, I just realized I am still on Kathy Ann's get together thread. I should be posting these on the May blooms thread! LOL As long as I am here I might as well post one more photo

Kathy Ann gave me this green hellebore which is still blooming. She also gave me the sedum on the left.

Thumbnail by marsue

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
2:20 PM

Post #7805032

Marilyn is your Kopper King bushy? If it's just one stem, look out, it grows like a weed!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 18, 2010
2:35 PM

Post #7805076

So far it is just one stem but it has about 4 leaves on it which is good considering it is only 5 inches tall. LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
2:37 PM

Post #7805082

I lost my copper king, but I got another one coming.

your beds are looking fabulous Marilyn.

I've been outside all morning also. now i'm pullin ticks off me, and Danny just poisoned for ticks before the rain.

i'm not sure if that's tomato soup or not, (check out this web site) http://www.highcountrygardens.com/catalog/product/46047/ needs to be a bit bigger, my echinaceas are just starting to bloom and bud

here's the one I got in memphis, it's brand new,

hot papaya

It' s been working o n making it's mound on top for several days now, my coral reef is just starting to mound up on the top of the flower also

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
2:39 PM

Post #7805086

Gosh I'm affraid ya'll are going to miss some blooms in 2 l/2 weeks, oh well, we had to make this date when we could.

Maltese cross, Ilove this color

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
2:40 PM

Post #7805091

Here's my hot lava echinacea

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
2:41 PM

Post #7805097

That's the way mine started too, just one small thing with some leaves on it, then the next week it was huge!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
2:42 PM

Post #7805099

Those are pretty KA, love the Hot Lava!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
3:34 PM

Post #7805256

Marilyn your garden's are looking really good!!!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
6:21 PM

Post #7805619

I sent a few private messages to a few folks that live close enough. and sent one also to edenawaitsme and butterflychaser. I haven't heard anything from Sheila, I don' tknow if she's on daves much any more, but Butterflychaser is not sure yet.

WE need to coax her into coming! LOL I think she'd have fun, she hasn't been here in years, and nothing is the same as it was the last time she was here. And the same goes for her place. I think she's even done some changes to her house. We need to get together nancy and go nursery shopping at jonesboro LOL

I guess I'll have to tell her to come over here and read this thread now ;0)

I've invited a couple of local people, my boss for one. she likes plants too.
edenawaitsme
Augusta, AR
(Zone 8a)

May 18, 2010
8:20 PM

Post #7805891

Hey everybody! Your right Kathy I haven't been on dg for a while. I have been missing all of my gardening friends, and am excited your having a get together. So count me in. Let me know what I need to bring...foodwise.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 18, 2010
8:58 PM

Post #7805970

Hey Sheila. so good to hear from you. What have you been up to?

Glad you can make it.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
5:10 AM

Post #7806345

WE had about 3 days of rain this past week, and we're about to go through some storms again tonight and all day tomorrow. I don't know how much more torture my gardens can take, I dug up a sedum yesterday and cut off the rotted part and repotted it . and I've lost a dahlia also they rot right where they come out of the ground at, and I noticed my humunous black knight buddleia was wilted yeserday but not today , if we get another rain like we have, I may have some trouble with it, I Hope not cause it's full of blooms.

Rain is good but too much is reeking havock on my plants.

And then the weeds grow back LOL

and I won't have any diet drinks to offer so if your into diet drinks. you might want to bring some,
I think I have enough lawn chairs . but one or two more wouldn't hurt.

I am no good at planning games.
I also haven't had time to plan any.

if someone wants to come up with one or two, I'll supply the gifts LOL I won't tell ya'll what they will be;0) (let me know if you want to plan a couple games for the group)
which reminds me I still have to pick up my door prize.

You'll want to bring a door prize sheila, we're doing door prizes .

This message was edited May 19, 2010 6:26 AM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010

Post #7806522

I'll start my trade list finally.
1. Several red bud seedlings

2. Fall blooming anemone (these are white single bloom) (have several)
1. Marilyn
2. Terrye

3. Toad lily (have lots)
1. Karen

4. Dead nettle (have lots)
1. Karen
2. Janie

5. Red canna (don't know the name but is the thin spider looking bloom)
1.Karen
6. Caitlin's Gaint Aguga (have lots)
1. Kim

7. Rasberry monorda
1. Marilyn

8. Impatiens plants (I will just pot up a bunch - until I get tired- and bring up. I've had them for so long they reseed every year and have actually become invasive!! There is not a spot in my back yard that doesn't have impatiens coming up
1. Karen
2. Kim

9. Moonvine seedlings
1. Nancy Ann

10. Rose of Sharon

11. Beefsteak begonia (Kim)

This message was edited May 19, 2010 7:51 AM

This message was edited May 19, 2010 7:13 PM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 7:34 AM

This message was edited May 28, 2010 8:15 AM
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 19, 2010

Post #7806524

LOL KA! if we do play games and I win one of them, I want either the lemongrass or the lavender in that new product you have made. Hint, hint. LOL
Your new echies are beautiful! I went to the link you posted. I will have to go out and measure the bloom on what I think is Tomato Soup. I don't know if it is 5 inches across or not but maybe the next bloom will be. They get bigger after they open up--at least the bloom on my Tiki torch did. Is that Maltese Cross an allium?

Sheila, it's good to hear from you. I'm so glad you will be coming to KA's house on June 5th. The red dragon persicaria you gave me in 2008 is huge. I really like the color of the leaves and the bees and butterflies just love those tiny white blooms. Same for the Joe Pye Weed. :o))

I am adding the following to my trade list:
5 torch lilies (these are small)
6 clerodendrum bungeii ( I have 4 in one pot and 2 in another pot. they can be separated when we get to KA's.)

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 19, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7806527

Charlotte, I would like the white anemone, please, and a raspberry monarda.
JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

May 19, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #7806617

My list is short. My list has on it what must be the (3) most common, everyone has some, hardiest, cant kill (not that I want to at this stage in gardening) plants.

Tall Mexican Petunias - (3) in one pot, but they can be separated. Pot goes to Kathy Ann
Elephant Ears-I call them "common" elephant ears. (2) Pot goes to NancyAnn
Artemesia-dont have the original tag-but looks like limelight to me. (lots) Kim
Orange Pixie Asiatic Lily (3) Marsue ask for (1)

This message was edited May 19, 2010 12:32 PM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 6:36 PM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 6:53 PM

This message was edited May 24, 2010 7:13 AM
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 19, 2010
8:10 AM

Post #7806854

KA - that maltese cross is pretty... is it a bulb or what? does it just bloom once per year?I have never heard of it.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
8:15 AM

Post #7806873

Charlotte, please put me down for ajuga and impatiens (color does not matter).

Janie, please put me down for some limelight.

I am glad you are joining us, Sheila!

This message was edited May 19, 2010 9:16 AM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
9:20 AM

Post #7807119

This is my first year really doing good wtih the maltese cross i think it drops seeds, I f I get new plants next year. I'm sure you'll hear of my offering it. I really don't know how it spreads though. it sure is an eye catcher though. and tall and sturdy against my high winds here.

I'll go add your trade list up above on the first post charlotte.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
9:24 AM

Post #7807130

got your trade list up at the top too janie.

Janie I'll take those petunias if noone wants them, I jjust bought one yesterday

I'll keep that in mind Marilyn for that scent LOL are you volunteering to be in charge of games? just one or two is all we need.

it will take along time for folks to walk around the yard lol. and pick veggies ha. I think i'l lhave greenbeans by then and tons of squash.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
12:11 PM

Post #7807686

I've been buying milk and butter from this lady down the road who has a couple of jersey cows, she sells the butter for 3.00 a pound if anybody wants any of it, it's frozen when she sells it.

Let me know I'll pick some up for you. It tastes pretty good. I don't believe she puts salt in it either which is how I like it.

Milk is fabulous. I'm glad to have found someone who has fresh milk and it tastes good. I do have to take the cream off it before anybody will drink it.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
12:50 PM

Post #7807768

Is it salted butter?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
12:52 PM

Post #7807780

No, it's not.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
12:53 PM

Post #7807782

Better let me call and find out for sure. it doesn't taste like it is but then I could be wrong
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 19, 2010
1:03 PM

Post #7807805

I would like a pound of that butter, too, KA, or better yet, 2 pounds, even if it has salt in it.

No, I was not volunteering to be in charge of games, LOL. I'm not creative when it comes to stuff like that. If you want us to play games, someone else will have to be in charge.

I am adding Big Dipper EE's to my list. KA, you said you lost yours over the winter. Do you want one or two pups? Mine are really coming back good. It is almost as if you can see them growing before your very eyes!

This is Big Dipper from last season.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 19, 2010
1:05 PM

Post #7807810

This is the reason it got its name.

Thumbnail by marsue

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
1:44 PM

Post #7807898

Well, Guess what is coming up out there in the back yard? My big dipper finally. little tiny pups , so I guess it's hardy for me too, my pink china is coming back too. I guess I won't be needing any , thanks though.

I'll put you down for 2 pounds of butter.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
1:46 PM

Post #7807906

Marilyn I would like to have one of your big dipper EE pups.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #7808085

AAWWWW Look at the pups!!

I'm not good at games either, seems we all are good at the same thing, chatting!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 19, 2010
4:00 PM

Post #7808232

Okay, Charlotte, I'll put your name on a Big Dipper.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7808732

I'm going to add some rose of sharon to my trade list. I have several I can dig. The tree they are around is white with a dark pink center. No guarantee as to what they will be however.
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7809067

Crissy ain't it the truth that we are all best at chatting too bad that isn't a party game. I'm good with games but I did the powerpoint last time and NO ONE wants to hear me chattering on again so we need to look for someone else.

I worked myself into complete exhaustion today. Stayed home from Pellaland to get some outside things done. I believe I have mentioned the bazillion pots on the back deck to be planted. First I had to go into town to run an errand which put me right in the path of Lowe's in Bryant. Of course I couldn't pass by without checking out their clearance. I was so proud of myself standing there at the clearance rack and seeing NOTHING I wanted when some lady pushed over one of those big silver carts filled with stuff and said "everything on here is a quarter" WHAT!!! Now you know I brought home a whole new slew of stuff. I got two different ground covers in a six pack for a quarter - the pack was regular $10.00. So as if I didn't have enough to do outside there was some more. Plus they had their hibiscus (not the hardy kind) for $1.00 each. I only spent 8 dollars but add that up and you'll see that my car was full AGAIN!! I can't remember right now what I even bought:(

When I got home I put down two truckloads of mulch after wetting and putting down cardboard in two of the beds. Of course I had to weed as I went but still it wasn't too bad. Then I potted up 4 containers with stuff and then I tried to sort stuff - 1 stack of stuff to plant at my daughters in mid-June, 1 stack to go to the swap - I had to pot all this stuff up - maybe tomorrow or Friday I'll get a list of stuff to swap on here. Then I cleaned the deck up so we can actually use it to sit on. Threw away a bunch of old stuff - planted about 30 plants - then cleaned off the bottom deck as well. WHEW!!! what a busy day!! Finally I tarped the dump truck load of dirt DH had delivered this morning for leveling a spot for the pool. I wish it had been up today cause I sure could have used it:)

The worst thing is I'll need at least two more truckloads of mulch to finish the job and I am already tired of mulching. Well off I go for a whirlpool bath and some tylenol - maybe I'll sneak one of DH's 800 mg ibuprofen's to help me sleep.
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
7:41 PM

Post #7809074

Well I just finished that novel and still forgot to say - don't you just LOVE the look of a newly mulched bed - kinda like icing on a cake or dressing on a salad - good without it but amazingly different with it. My beds just look so healthy and complete with mulch on them:)
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
7:51 PM

Post #7809113

I talked to the lady with the butter, and she did say it was very lightly salted. I can't taste it, it still tastes good to me but I buy unsalted butter from walmart too
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
8:49 PM

Post #7809327

Wow, Karen...I wish I would have been with you!!!! I need to mulch my beds but I am going to Pittman's nursery this weekend and I most likely...okay likely...oh okay...I will be buying more stuff for my beds ;o) Then I will mulch.

Too bad...I like VERY salted butter ;o) I am going to Magnolia tomorrow. I will check in on Saturday night. I believe that I have a Black Stem EE pup showing. Anyone want him?

For all of you that will be close to BJs Plants and Produce on Monday, all plants will be 1/2 price!
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2010
9:11 PM

Post #7809418

It was crazy and apparently the vendors are the ones they decide what is clearanced and for how much - the lady at the checkout just said okay when I told her what the lady said. Maybe Wednesday around 10:00 is the time to go there because there were a lot of people there who had on vest that said vendor and they were going thru everything they had. I seriously NEED to STOP buying plants - but it doesn't seem likely:(
JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

May 20, 2010
4:09 AM

Post #7809733

Looks like another lunch run to BJs monday. Of course getting lunch to go from their restrauant is a good deal also.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 20, 2010
7:39 AM

Post #7810228

Well, I found the list of echinaceas I ordered from fairy's co-op last year and my mystery coneflower has to be either Tomato Soup or Sundown. The information which I googled said that tomato soup is a red coneflower and mine is more the color of tomato soup when you put milk in it. So the mystery still is not totally solved but for now I am calling mine Tomato Soup until I can see a Sundown "close-up and personal".
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
7:59 AM

Post #7810270

I didn't think I had sundown, but I do, here's mine. but it gets alot redder than this

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 20, 2010
8:12 AM

Post #7810295

I guess I will just have to bring one of the blooms off my echinacea when I come up to your house, KA. We can compare them to your Tomato Soup and also to your Sundown. Hopefully, yours will have some blooms at that time and mine will, too. It's really hard to tell about color in a photograph.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
8:22 AM

Post #7810323

That's a good idea.

If we keep getting any more rain, I may loose some echinaceas. I lost my green jewel to rot cause of all the rain, I'm about ready for some sunshine, I'm tired of cleaning house LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 20, 2010
8:45 AM

Post #7810398

Yeah, me, too--tired of cleaning house--and I haven't even gotten started yet! ROFLOL I am off to Wal-Mart--need to pick up some RX's and that E600 glue Charlotte told me about.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 20, 2010
9:23 AM

Post #7810513

Be very careful with the E-6000--it really works, it will be where you put it !!
You can do a cup and saucer with it
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 20, 2010
9:35 AM

Post #7810581

Well, mine came from Fairy's coop and still has the tag with it, but it has the fat middle... so I have no idea what it is... sure it pretty though! :)
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 20, 2010
10:39 AM

Post #7810787

I am going to glue my pot man to my ladder with it. Charlotte said if I ever wanted to move the pot man that I could always pry up the glue.

Genna: does your tag say that you have Tomato Soup? Maybe they got the wrong tag with it.

Now I really do have to go and run those errands. :o))
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 20, 2010
11:37 AM

Post #7810988

Yep, my tag says tomato soup... but I dont' think that is what I have. It will probably be tomorrow before I can attempt to get a pic. We have sports banquet tonight and I am to be there as soon as possible after work. Porbably won't be home until at least 9:30!

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
11:46 AM

Post #7811023

Fairy did a pretty good coop, hate to think she sent you the wrong plant in that coop

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 20, 2010
11:51 AM

Post #7811039

Sometimes things just get mislabeled, sometimes the soil makes a difference in the color too.

I guess you all have noticed that I have not committed to come yet, I was talking to Crissy this morning and I told her I will have to wait until that week to decide. My back is no better. If I watch what I do it acts pretty well, yesterday and today has been pretty rough days with the weather front coming through, not only with the back, but my neck has been giving me a lot of trouble too.
Terrye, if you go, I sure WANT to go--but will have to wait until that week to make the decision.

gen2026
Camden, AR

May 20, 2010
1:04 PM

Post #7811196

I think that if it was labeled wrong, it must have been at terra nova - or wherever she got the plugs from. I will take a pic when I can and maybe ya'll will know what I have. I was supposed to have two Tomato Soups but I am pretty sure I lost the other one - will have to double check.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 20, 2010
1:48 PM

Post #7811334

Kathy Ann, I would like one of your dwarf Fireball monardas, please if you have any left. Also, please feel free to take my name off any iris you were going to give me. I really don't have any place to put them since I brought some home from Jeri's RU. Maybe this fall I will have a new iris bed and I can get some from you at that time.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
1:58 PM

Post #7811358

I think I gave you all the iris already, when I brought all those plants to you that I was sending down to Jeri's

so your good to go LOL I'll put you down for the monarda though.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
2:02 PM

Post #7811362

Oh I see now, your still on the list for getting iris, Kim's plants were stil there too but I brought hers also,

I took those iris off. added the monarda and I wanted to tell you that under neath the mother bush of the royal red buddleia was a new bush coming up. I dug it and potted it in a gallon pot, it's really nice sized, and it's looking great after that rain we had yesterday , no longer wilting. it's got your name on it and I forgot to give you a black knight buddleia when I came down there so I'm going to go add that to your want list. cause I had one left and you said you wanted it.

I got some more poppies about to open, I've been out there twice today to see if they opened, but I realize it's like watching a pot of water boil, it will never happen if you keep watching them LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
2:05 PM

Post #7811373

I also have fresh rainwater I can trade ! No joke. I'll put it in quart jars.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
2:56 PM

Post #7811501

Dang Karen! That's awesome! I'm sure the vendors do say when somethings going to be on sale, usually when something goes on sale it's on sale everywhere that plant is sold. Maybe I need to be taking lunches at Lowes on Wednesdays.

Sandra I'm waving my magic wand over here that your back gets better. Dang it all!
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 20, 2010
3:53 PM

Post #7811658

Sandra, if you get to go we will do the trip the easiest way we can for you. I've got my fingers crossed! And toes too! except for one! lol

terrye

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
3:58 PM

Post #7811672

Sure hope you all get to come!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
4:05 PM

Post #7811697

Don't be crossin that broke toe now.

Is it hard on you to ride in a car Sandra?

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 20, 2010
4:07 PM

Post #7811703

LOL at Terrye for crossing all her toes but one !!! One thing is for sure, if we go and spend the night--I am bringing you a flashlight !!!!!!

Thanks for the magic want there crissy--try waving it around a few more time--it sure can't hurt-LOL

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 20, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #7811708

Yes, it is, Kathy Ann--it is hard to do anything for long, except sitting in my recliner with my leg up. Walking---standing---even laying, I am just like a wiggle worm most of the time, from one thing to the next.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
4:11 PM

Post #7811719

I got flashlights LOL and I already told Terrye ya'll can spend the night if you want to. I feel bad for you Sandra, surgery was suppose to make things better. doens't always work out that way.

off to walk. i'm trying to get that l0 pounds back off me.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 20, 2010
4:53 PM

Post #7811837

Sure hope all the folks from TN and MS get to come to Kathy Ann's, especially since we didn't get to see you at Jeri's! I don't have back trouble but Buddy did and I know just from observing him how difficult it is to get comfortable at times. He would sit with the heating pad on his back for hours, literally. I think he used it so much that he burned the nerve endings or something! Some days he just couldn't get comfortable and like Sandra said, it is like being a wiggle worm in hot ashes! You all sure have my empathy and compassion plus my prayers!
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 20, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #7812244

I'll definitely need that flashlight! lol

I've got to get started back walking. Between these flares and my toe, I;ve been benched for several weeks now and I can tell it. I haven't been able to dance either. I really miss that!

Terrye
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
5:26 AM

Post #7812900

Here's part of my trade list

Daylilies
Whimsical

Fairy Tale Pink

Stella D'oro
1 Marsue (marilyn)
2 Marsue (marilyn)

Mambo Maid

Hello Dolly

Sweeter Music

NOID Orange with Red (my favorite one)

unknown yellow daylilies
4 o'clocks
Sea Stars Stonecrop
1Kim
2 Marsue - Marilyn
La Iris probably Black Gamecock
Painted Daisy
Frobelli Spirea (these are growing from cuttings so they are a maybe)
Irish Moss
1Kim
Light Purple Butterfly bush
1Butterfly Chaser
Lemon Mint

This message was edited May 23, 2010 8:56 PM

This message was edited May 24, 2010 3:42 AM
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2010
6:01 AM

Post #7812999

Karen I would like one of those sea stars stonecrop, please, and a painted daisy.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2010
6:09 AM

Post #7813024

Y'all please check my trade list. Not very many of you have asked for anything. I already have the torch lilies and clerodendrum bungeii and the autumn joy and autumn fire sedums in pots. I'm not going to dig up anything else unless somebody requests something on my current list. No since in making work for myself if none of you wants any of the plants that I have. Does that sound reasonable to y'all?

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
6:43 AM

Post #7813115

Karen I would like one of your painted daisies.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
11:32 AM

Post #7814060

I have one beefsteak begonia rooted. It already has several new small leaves. I root them just for the fun of it. I only have one. Does any one want it? It is an indoor plant but it is very striking. It could be kept outside in a shaded area during the summer, but it would need to be brought in early Sept.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
11:36 AM

Post #7814072

I'm waving it, I'm waving it! This thing better work, it's my second one. I had another one but it didn't work so I traded it in for an upgraded model.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
12:26 PM

Post #7814215

Are you waving for the beefsteak begonia? I assume you are. What was the upgraded model you traded for?
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
1:40 PM

Post #7814370

I'm waiving my upgraded magic wand to make Sandra's back feel better. LOL

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
2:16 PM

Post #7814474

OK beefsteak begonia still on the list.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
2:18 PM

Post #7814484

LOL I don't have anymore room for anything, my beds are full! I'm just coming to hopefully give some plants away and enjoy ya'lls company.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
5:34 PM

Post #7814999

Boy I hate to say this, but my gardens are pretty much in full bloom now, not sure what they'll look like in 2 weeks.

I think I overshot the date as far as ya'll getting to see the majority of the blooms.
I hate that.
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 21, 2010
5:53 PM

Post #7815040

KA, you have such a wide variety of plants I'm sure you'll still have plenty in bloom and, if not, we'll enjoy the foliage! lol

terrye
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
6:06 PM

Post #7815080

I hope so.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
6:08 PM

Post #7815084

Amber helping her dad change the oil in her car.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
6:09 PM

Post #7815089

Here's amber giving Danny the what for LOL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010

Post #7815091

Here's danny giving it right back!

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010

Post #7815094

You'd think they found money up under that car or something LOL

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2010
6:16 PM

Post #7815121

they did--black gold (oil)! LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
6:18 PM

Post #7815125

Ha! good one LOL

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
6:40 PM

Post #7815224

Cute pictures of Danny and Amber.

I agree with Terrye with all that you have something will be blooming!!! You even have interesting foliage.
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
7:36 PM

Post #7815450

Marilyn I would like some Jacob cline Bee Balm - can I have two? and a purple coneflower, a big dipper and a mexican petunia. OHHH and a torch lily.
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
7:39 PM

Post #7815457

Kim can I have an Illustris and a yellow splash - not a single one of my ee from the fall swap lived:(
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
7:44 PM

Post #7815473

Charlotte I'd like a red canna, dead nettle, toad lily and impatiens

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2010
8:05 PM

Post #7815552

Karen: if I can get them to root, you may have two Jacob Cline. I have a Stone's Throw Pink monarda already potted up. Do you want it, too? I'll put your name on the other things you asked for.
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
8:12 PM

Post #7815583

kathy ann could I puleeze have a Zebrina malva a sensitive fern, a innerview daylily and a firepower daylily, a honey glazed iris and a sultan's palace iris - THANKS!!
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
8:13 PM

Post #7815585

Sure Marilyn I love monarda and I'm sure it'll look great up there on the deck waiting to be planted:)
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
8:18 PM

Post #7815594

i'm out of those daylilies, they laid around here for 2 weeks so I gave them to the lady down the road got evreything else though i'll put you down for them

and I have to check on the sultans palace too, that was one that wasn't labeled out there and I'm not sure where it is now since it's done blooming.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2010
9:38 PM

Post #7815733

Karen will put you down for the things you asked for.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 22, 2010
5:39 PM

Post #7817972

I have been at the MG state meeting in Magnolia...I did not bring home as much as I did with KA (either outing lol). I think, 3 ferns, 1 coleous, 1 euphorbia, 1 azalea, 2 pink dwarf balloon flowers and 1--oh I don't know what they are called, ya know, the little plants that really don't need water, are like parasitic plants (latch on to a tree and live there), anyway, I got of of those inside a terre cotta duck ;o) I won a metal heart planter at the silent auction. Plus, found a very nice wood duck Christmas ornament. Ate enough for 3 people and saw some lovely houses and gardens. I will tell y'all the story later, but I also saw Zebras, Camels, Buffalo, Alpacas, Goats, Ducks and ducklings...nope I did not go to a zoo! lol

Okay, let me see if I can catch up...

Marilyn, did you want the illustris?

Karen, I would like stonecrop and irish moss, if you still have some available. I have you down for 2 EEs. Will pot them tomorrow.

Charlotte, do you still have beefsteak left? If so, I will be happy to give it a new home.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 22, 2010
6:26 PM

Post #7818109

Kim, if nobody else wants the Illustris, I will take it. I got a small one at Jeri's RU but I have room for another one. :o))

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 22, 2010
7:43 PM

Post #7818329

I'll put your name on the beefstead Kim. Sounds like you had a great time. Want to hear the story about all those animals!
JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

May 22, 2010
8:08 PM

Post #7818428

Since I havent got the plants I purchased at the Faukner County MG sale last week planted, nor the ones Karen has shared with me from her Lowes trips-I need more. Dont you all agree?

Kim-I would like Lambs Ear
Marilyn-a Jacob Cline Monarda and a Red Hot Poker Torch Lily
Kathy Ann-a Clara Curtis Mum and some Solomon Seal
Charlotte-some Dead Nettle
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 22, 2010
8:20 PM

Post #7818469

I'll put your name on the list, Janie. (P.S. Why should you be any different from the rest of us--getting more plants than we have time to plant? LOL)

I have to tell y'all that the torch lilies are very small, so don't expect much from them for a couple of years. Also, I gave my cousin two of them today, so now I only have one left for the asking, after putting Karen and Janie down for one each.

Also, I found some Blue Fortune Agastache babies today that I potted up so they are available. I think I have 3 or 4 of those.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
6:11 AM

Post #7819185

Marilyn, I already have illustris potted for you...just wanted to make certain that you still wanted it ;o)

Janie, I have you down for lamb's ear.

I also found a few black runner EEs if anyone is interested.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
7:14 AM

Post #7819328

I'm thinking about coming to the party. I don't know for sure yet. But I'm beginning to lean that way. (I better be careful or I'll topple right over!)

To share, I have these if anyone wants any:

Mother-in-law Tongue (sanseveria) - houseplant

Sanseveria Cylindrical - houseplant

Spearmint
1. Crissy

Sweet Million tomato (grape tomatoes, constantly producing until a good freeze)
1. Crissy

Perennial blue ageratum - blooms in the fall - tiny blue/purple poms poms
1. JanieP

Pink Soapwort
1. JanieP

Blue Spiderwort
1. JanieP
2. Kjuddy

Hot Pink Spiderwort (Red Cloud, I believe)
1. Loretta
2. JanieP

Hardy begonias - prefer shade, survives winter here in zone 7
1. Marsue

Datura - Moonflower bush - fragrant, also toxic if ingested
1. Crissy

Heirloom bearded irises - very pale yellow
1. Kim

Heirloom bearded irises - peach
1. Crissy
2. Marsue

Heirloom bearded irises - dark purple
1. Crissy

Heirloom bearded irises - pale blue
1. Crissy
2. Marsue

Passiflora incarnata - passion flower
1. JanieP

You can see pictures of my Louisiana Irises at:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v626/thebutterflyranch/Plant%20Auctions/Louisiana%20Irises/

Louisiana Iris - Iris Hexagona - blue
1. Kjuddy
2. Loretta

Louisiana Iris - Bajazzo
1. Cperdue
2. Kjuddy

Louisiana Iris - Dorothea K. Williamson
1. Kjuddy
2. Loretta

Louisiana Iris - Little Rock Skies
1. Kjuddy
2. Loretta
3. KathyAnn

Louisiana Iris - NOID fuscia (like Dorothea K Williamson but more fuscia than purple)
1. Kjuddy
2. Loretta

Japanese roof irises - 2 fans (thought I had more but that's all I can find)
1. LorettaD

Clerodendron bungeii - Mexican hydrangea - mmmmm, smells divine, butterflies think so too!
1. Cperdue

Dwarf Solomon's Seal (not variegated)
1. CPerdue

1. Marsue
2. Cperdue
3. JanieP

Stonecrop Sedum with yellow flowers - gets about a foot tall:
1. Crissy

Daylilies: You can see pictures of some of these at:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v626/thebutterflyranch/Plant%20Auctions/Daylilies%20for%20sale/

Frans Hals (triple fan)
1. Kjuddy

Grape Adventure

In the Dark
1. Kjuddy

Sea of Stars
1. CPerdue

Butterfly Kisses
1. Kjuddy

Pardon Me

Duke of Durham
1. Cperdue
2. Kjuddy

Foxwood's Little Pumpkin (2 tiny fans - it's a small plant anyway, but it was covered with lumber)

Mariachi (1 large fan, 1 small fan)

Hudson Valley - 1 large fan

UR11 - an unnamed pink

UR20 - an unnamed peachy pink

UR21 - an unnamed red - looks like a Munson daylily

Stella D'oro
1. Marsue

Black Moudry Fountain Grass
1. Kim

2 Bags of Spanish Moss for decorative purposes
1. Kim

Swan Gourds
1. Kim

What I want from Everyone:

Kim:
Black runner ee
Yellow splash ee
Illustris ee
Peacock fern
Sensitive fern

Crissy:
Toad lilies
ee's if you don't find a place for them.

Kathyann:
sensitive fern
yarrow ortels rose
Yarrow cerise queen
Julia's sweet citrus mint

Cperdue:
Toad Lilies
Moonvine
Pots

Kjuddy:
light purple butterfly bush
Irish Moss

JanieP:
elephant ears
Pots

From Marilyn:
Big Dipper ee
Dwarf Katie blue tradescantia
Blue Fortune Agastache

Loretta:
Sweet Kate Tradescantia

TriLiv:
Pots

What I'm looking for:

Colorful glass, tiles, mirrors, glass beads, etc for doing mosaics - can be broken items
Lots of pots - gotta move tons of plants
Birdhouses
Windchimes
Butterfly decor
Sun Sculptures or plaques (weatherproof)
Any plants for a wedding/love themed garden--daylilies or irises with a love-themed name, whites, pinks, etc.

Any plants that LOOK tropical but are hardy

Named Louisiana Irises
Named Daylilies - new varieties
Hardy unusual hibiscus like Turn of the Century, Confederate Rose Hib, White Texas Star Hib
Hardy palmettos
Hardy Brugmansias (Angel Trumpets)
Beauty Berry bush
Chaste Tree
Hardy Gingers (already have white butterfly ginger)
Unusual Honeysuckle vines (no yellow)
Clematis vines (already have Sweet Autumn and a large single purple)
Unusual cannas, particularly with peach or pink blooms
Ornamental Grasses (have quite a few, looking for some I don't have)
Purple Majesty Millet, Black Leaf Millet
Double Peonies
Black Lace Elderberry
Aucuba shrubs
Loropetalums (Chinese fringe flower)
Golden Euonymous - the one with golden foliage
Amorphallus
Bottlebrush tree
Japanese maples with unusual foliage
Black Magic or Illustris Elephant Ears or other EEs hardy in zone 7/8
Plants with a love/romance theme or name (for a wedding garden)

While I'm not interested in any tropicals, only plants that will survive in zone 7/8, I AM interested in any plants that "look" tropical

I am open to other interesting perennials, trees, and shrubs. So tempt me.

This message was edited May 24, 2010 5:48 AM

This message was edited May 24, 2010 10:35 AM

This message was edited May 25, 2010 7:25 AM

This message was edited May 25, 2010 1:49 PM

This message was edited May 29, 2010 7:25 AM
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
7:37 AM

Post #7819384

I would like a pale yellow iris, NA
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
7:38 AM

Post #7819388

Kim, I'd love some of your:

Black runner ee
Yellow splash ee
Illustris ee
Peacock fern
Sensitive fern

Crissy, I'd like some of your:
Toad lilies
ee's if you don't find a place for them.

I have a yellow blooming stonecrop sedum that would be great for your border. It gets about 12" tall and doesn't need much water.

Kathyann could I have some of your:

sensitive fern
yarrow ortels rose
Yarrow cerise queen
Julia's sweet citrus mint

Cperdue, could I have some of your:

toad lilies

Kjuddy, could I have your light purple butterfly bush, if no one has claimed it?

JanieP, could I have some of your elephant ears? I lost all mine this past winter.

Will y'all take a look at my list and see if I have something you want? If not, then email me. I might have a little something I can share with you.

This message was edited May 23, 2010 8:55 AM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
7:41 AM

Post #7819395

I don't think Debra's coming here, most of her plants are too huge for her to dig up .

glad your coming Nancy.

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010

Post #7819407

Oh, her trade list is still up in the first post. I thought it was Marsue who wasn't coming. How far does Debra live from you?

Kim, I got you down for the yellow iris. Are you sure you don't want some peach and purple ones too?

Oh, I have some pale blue ones also that are pretty, but not showy enough for me. And I added more things to my trade list. I'll add more after I do an inventory of my gardens.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
7:46 AM

Post #7819409

sorry, no it's debra, she lives about 2 hrs from me.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
7:46 AM

Post #7819413

Marsue better come, she's cohosting this shindig LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
7:48 AM

Post #7819422

I just posted your trade list at the top and updated mine with yours and janie's wants.

so I think i'm up to date now.

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
7:54 AM

Post #7819429

Marilyn, could I have some of your Big Dipper ee's if you have any left?
lorettad
Batesville, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
8:03 AM

Post #7819447

Here is what I have so far:

10 Martin Bird House gourds dried and ready to decorate
Kim
2 Pink Forsythias
Kim
Kathy Ann
4 Sweet Kate Spiderwort
JanieP
Karen
Nancy Ann
6 Clerodendrum ugandense "Butterfly Flower"
Sandra
Terrye
Charlotte
Marilyn
Ruth

Loretta

This message was edited May 23, 2010 3:47 PM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 5:38 PM

This message was edited May 23, 2010 8:11 PM

This message was edited May 24, 2010 4:31 AM

This message was edited May 25, 2010 9:08 AM

This message was edited May 25, 2010 5:16 PM
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
8:09 AM

Post #7819465

Kathy, it looks like y'all have the food situation covered. Tell me what I can bring. I could bring:

Chips and cheese dip OR
fruit and my blender and make y'all some fruit smoothies loaded with antioxidants OR
a banana split pie (with sugar free pudding and lots of fruit and banana split toppings)

What do y'all prefer?
dbibb
Inverness, MS
(Zone 8a)

May 23, 2010
8:14 AM

Post #7819477

Oh...I so want to come...it is only 4 hours...I could do it...right????
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
8:54 AM

Post #7819562

Loretta, please a pink forsythia and a dried gourd (I love 'em!)

NA, I love your banana split pie...but we seem to have lots of fruit already, so maybe chip and dip? Also, at the moment, I am out of yellow splash. I do have several that are still green without splashing. Do you want one of those and hope it splashes? If not, I will keep an eye out for one that is splashing.

db, you bet you can do it! Come join us!

This message was edited May 23, 2010 9:57 AM
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
9:18 AM

Post #7819611

Kim, I'll take any ee. I'm doing a tropical area in one part of my yard that behaves like a zone 8. So I'm doing gingers, windmill palms, ee's, cannas, pink pampas grass and lots of things that may not survive in other parts of my garden.

I'm still updating my trade list as I see more in the garden. So y'all keep checking back and see what else I have. Kim, I hope you can find something else you want from me.

NancyAnn
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
9:21 AM

Post #7819617

Okay, I will get you some green yellow splash ;o) I will take one of the spanish moss.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
9:23 AM

Post #7819621

Ok, you can have them both if you want them. What's on your wish list? I didn't see a "want" list for you. Anything in particular you're looking for?
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
9:26 AM

Post #7819629

Do y'all mind if I wrap the roots of my plants instead of potting them? I'm running low on pots (and could use any that you can spare). I'm redesigning my entire yard and have to dig up just about every plant in the process--at least entire sections at once, which means 100's of plants. If you need your pots from the plants you're giving me, you're welcome to just wrap their roots too and keep your pots.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
9:36 AM

Post #7819653

Nancy I've added you to my list. I've also added how many of what I have, and I have some miscellaneous things that I don't have a clue what they are. I'm bringing everything that is in pots, we can always divide it there.

Nancy I'll take:
1 spearmint,
1 Million Tomato,
1 Datura
Stonecrop Sedum
1 each Peach, Dark Purple, and Pale Blue bearded Iris

I'm voting for either the smoothies or the banana split pie.

You can do it dbibb!!!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
9:38 AM

Post #7819660

I think I have some extra pots I can bring, I just need to find them :-p
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
9:38 AM

Post #7819663

Oh, and I don't mind if the roots are wrapped.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
9:54 AM

Post #7819694

Crissy, I have lots of spearmint and datura so you'll get a good hunk of those. Some are going to be composted if not taken. I'll put you down for the other stuff too.

Maybe I'll bring a bs pie in addition to the chips and dip then. They really are awesome! I'll bring a small one and you and I can eat it. We won't have to share with Kim. Like little piggies at the trough, we'll just nudge her out. LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
11:02 AM

Post #7819909

pink forsythia? i've not heard of that, if you have one left Loretta, I'd love one, not a big deal if their gone though.

Everybody's welcome Dbibb, we'd love to have you.

Loretta, i'm going to put your trade list above on the first post.

Do we think it's time for a new thread?

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 23, 2010
11:06 AM

Post #7819923

So where have you been hiding D,have not seen you for a long time--school will be out then, so go for it !
dbibb
Inverness, MS
(Zone 8a)

May 23, 2010
11:07 AM

Post #7819929

I just finished my masters...so that has kept me pretty busy...but I'm back now... How have you been?

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 23, 2010
12:18 PM

Post #7820112

Congratulations, that is great ! Pretty well, my back is acting crazy again--other than that I am fine.
I am hoping to make the trip to Kathy Ann's, but not giving a definite yet.
dbibb
Inverness, MS
(Zone 8a)

May 23, 2010
12:23 PM

Post #7820121

Yeah...I'm thinking of going...will have to decide soon though...maybe I will see you there..
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2010
12:28 PM

Post #7820130

Loretta: I would like a pink forsythia, too, please, if you have any left. If not, I'll get one another time.
Nancy Ann, I will pot up a Big Dipper EE for you--no problem. Mine are producing a lot of pups. They need lots of room, to spread out because they are prolific!

Yes, I am definitely going to be there, Kathy Ann, :o)) and I have invited my cousin to come with me. I don't have a definite answer from her yet, but I will let you know as soon as she decides for sure.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
12:36 PM

Post #7820151

Marilyn,

Can I also have some of your Dwarf Katie Blue tradescantia and your blue agastache?

Check my list above and see if I have anything you need.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
1:20 PM

Post #7820246

KA, feel free to start new thread...if you want. I never have any trouble but I know others do...and I am terrible at realizing we need a thread!

NA, hey, I am a little piggy, too ;o)) I collect hostas, ferns, EEs and coleus...the only problem, they have to be named and I have most of the common ones. No worries, I have enough plants that I have still not planted, so I really do not want or need anything. However, I will take both of the spanish moss if no one else declares it.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
1:26 PM

Post #7820258

Loretta I would like clerodendrum.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2010
1:44 PM

Post #7820289

Nancy Ann, I will put you down for the agastache and the Dwarf Katie Blue.
I would like a Showy Pink Evening Primrose and one each of the
blue and peach heirloom bearded iris. thanks!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
2:11 PM

Post #7820369

Good deal, Marilyn. I'll put you down for those.

Kim, I guess Crissy and I can let you feed at the trough with us. :-)

Kim, do you have any of the "Tiara" hostas--the little miniature ones? I've got one or two I could bring you a start of but I'm not sure their tags are still there. Maybe they are. Just about all my hostas died in a drought and I pulled most of the tags out. Then the next summer, a few of them came back up! I had several different Tiaras, but only two or three are left. Need a start?
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
2:38 PM

Post #7820443

I'm adding some hardy begonia babies to my trade list. These have survived winter here for several years. They like shade. They're just tiny babies now, but they grow fast.
lorettad
Batesville, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
2:53 PM

Post #7820491

NancyAnn

I would like to have Hot Pink Spiderwort

Thanks Loretta
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #7820503

I was reading about the spiderwort and the information in Plant Files and other places on the 'net says it is invasive. Have you all found it to be invasive?

Nancy Ann, I would like some of that hardy begonia, too, please. I can put them in my new shade garden.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2010
3:11 PM

Post #7820536

Loretta, that butterfly flower (clerodendrum ugandense)--is that the same as the Mexican Hydrangea? If it is a different plant and not invasive, I would like one, please.

I just looked it up in plant files and I do want one. thank you.

This message was edited May 23, 2010 4:21 PM
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
3:26 PM

Post #7820597

Yes, NA, I have tiaras...don't you see it shining on top of my head?! LOL Thanks anyway. Do you happen to know the color or your hardy begonia?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
3:39 PM

Post #7820641

It's different marilyn but it's not hardy . i'm not loretta but i've grown that particular one before. the flower looks like a butterfly. not sure if it attracts butterflies though
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
3:39 PM

Post #7820642

Loretta, you're welcome to the pink spiderwort.

Marsue, I'll put you down for the begonias.

Oh, how did I miss that tiara, Kim?? Oh, I know! My own was outshining yours! LOL

My hardy begonia has green foliage and pink or salmon blooms. Maybe I have a picture somewhere. Let me see.

My picture doesn't have blooms, but mine looks like this one:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/261737/
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
3:41 PM

Post #7820649

That's my hardy begonia also, mine does'tmultiply much though, not sure why, once it was growingon the ground of the greenhouse and I had that all over the place, but it doesn't spread much for me outside, I do love it , it's got very neat looking leaves.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
3:48 PM

Post #7820669

Nancy I would like a pink evening primrose and a clerodendron bungei. Have you down for the toad lily.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
3:52 PM

Post #7820678

Got ya down for them. Thanks!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
3:54 PM

Post #7820682

Marsue, the spiderworts aren't too invasive for me. The common blue ones re-seed, so they tend to pop up several feet from where they were originally, but they're easy to dig up and they don't reseed abundantly.

The hot pink that I have is a shorter spiderwort. It does tend to ramble a big, but it's easy to control.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2010

Post #7820683

Thanks, Nancy. That begonia is very pretty.
Charlotte, I have clerodendrum bungeii, too, if you want more than one. You realize that you will have them everywhere, don't you? They are a sun-loving plant. Where do you plan to put them in your shady yard? I wouldn't think you would want them in your front yard. Just my opinion, though.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010

Post #7820685

Marilyn I've not found the spiderwort to be invasive. Mine is in part shade so that might be the reason.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 23, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #7820686

Well, thanks, Nancy, but I think I will pass on the spiderwort although I do like the flowers on it. I have enough things now that I have to "control". LOL

We crossed, Charlotte. I have the pachysandra you gave me and the toad lilies plus some ajuga that Kathy Ann gave me, and if those three plants don't take over my shade bed, then I might try the spiderwort at some time in the future. LOL

This message was edited May 23, 2010 4:58 PM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #7820697

I plan to put them in the back in an area that get some sun. I push things that say they need sun. They will grow but don't get as many blooms and shouldn't be as invasive as in the sun. My monorda in in a lot of shade and it blooms all summer.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
4:04 PM

Post #7820712

My clerodendrons get quite a bit of shade. Some has even travelled UNDER my porch and comes up between the porch and the house and blooms! The blooms smell soooo good, so put them where you can sniff them. The foliage stinks though, so don't go sniffing until it blooms. The sweetly scented blooms will overpower the stinky foliage.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
4:21 PM

Post #7820750

Thanks! Will do.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
5:02 PM

Post #7820836

NA, I have the same hardy begonia, so please give to someone else.

Loretta, do any of your gourds look like a duck/goose/swan? I still will take whatever you have, just asking.

Y'all please take a look at my list and make certain that I have you down for what you asked for...also, if you see that I have not potted it please remind me. I should have all ready to go except for KA's baby jap. maps.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
5:06 PM

Post #7820845

Nancy that sounds awesome! LOL Yea Kim, I suppose we'll have enough to let you invade. LOL

Wow I'm learning a lot here. Wish I had some place to put larger shrubs. Maybe in a few years.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
5:11 PM

Post #7820854

Just do like me Crissy, stick them where ever. LOL my gardens have no design to them what so ever.

no organization, and my walking paths are pretty much gone now. LOL plants grown around them so when you all come, just don't step on anything green an dyou'll be just fine. ha.
JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

May 23, 2010
5:27 PM

Post #7820892

NancyAnn and "dbibb" looking forward to meeting you.

NancyAnn (1) of each of the following-If you have any left to share.
Perennial Blue Ageratum
Pink Soapwart
Blue Spiderwort
Hot Pink Spiderwort

I have you down for the EEs.

Is any pot to small? I have several sizes I will bring.
JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

May 23, 2010
5:29 PM

Post #7820903

Loretta,
I would like a Sweet Kate Spiderwort.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
5:43 PM

Post #7820930

Janie, any pots will do, but bigger is better. Small pots I'll use for cuttings and seeds. The bigger pots will be used to move my gardens for my redesign. I've been trying to give away a bunch of it so I don't have to deal with it again. I've got a ton of new plants to put in as I clear out a section. Thanks for the ee's!

Kim, I have some swan gourd seeds. Do you want to grow your own?
JanieP
Jacksonville, AR

May 23, 2010
5:47 PM

Post #7820939

I am adding (3) of these to my will bring if wanted list.
They are Orange Pixie Asiatic Lilies.

I promise to try and not bring the creeping charlie, and other weeds that surround them.
This is the first bed I made, and I thought I moved everything out of it last fall-except for artemesia.(sp).

Thumbnail by JanieP

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #7821048

No, NA, I don't have sunlight or room to grow my own.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
6:39 PM

Post #7821089

Kim, tomorrow I'll check and see if I have any of the swan gourds left. I have a few gourds out there and there might be a swan or goose. If so, they're yours. Your yard is just the opposite of mine. I have almost no shade. I've planted trees so one day I'll have to give up some of my daylilies when my trees get big. Ahhhhh, forget that! There's still a vacant lot next door. I could just move the property lines one more time...
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 23, 2010
6:43 PM

Post #7821102

NA, I should have some extra pots. I'll bring you some of those.

Terrye
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7821114

New thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/pf.php
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
7:17 PM

Post #7821193

Hmmmmm...I don't find a new thread...
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #7821217

Ha.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1100433/

try this one
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
7:43 PM

Post #7821282

Thank you, Terrye! Do I have anything you want?

NancyAnn - going to new thread now...
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
8:08 PM

Post #7821355

Butterfly Chaser I'd love some blue spiderwort, all 5 kinds of LA iris and daylilies - in the dark, Rocket City, FransHals and Butterfly Kisses
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2010
8:11 PM

Post #7821365

sorry me too:-)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America