Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Plant Collars to Put the Water to the Plants Roots: Plant Collars

Communities > Forums > Article: Plant Collars to Put the Water to the Plants Roots
bookmark
Forum: Article: Plant Collars to Put the Water to the Plants RootsReplies: 0, Views: 86
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
leslo
Findlay, OH

May 3, 2010
11:46 AM

Post #7760549

I sometimes cut the bottom from those flexible 1, 1 1/2, 2 gallon plastic pots that plants come in and use for this purpose plus wind protection for new plants until they get established. I flip them upside down and rotate into the ground at planting time. They can then be rotated out later on without disturbing the plant or they can be left in place. They may also provide some cutworm and rabbit protection.
Les

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Plant Collars to Put the Water to the Plants Roots Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
good idea btroje 0 Sep 1, 2007 3:49 AM
plant collars karen1950 1 May 3, 2010 7:13 AM
I like that idea hellnzn11 0 Apr 29, 2010 6:33 PM
sunken beds ARWadoo 0 May 3, 2010 2:59 AM
Enter this in the gardening contest Ninzerbean 0 May 3, 2010 4:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America