Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Moles, voles, mysterious holes: Check out YouTube

Communities > Forums > Article: Moles, voles, mysterious holes
bookmark
Forum: Article: Moles, voles, mysterious holesReplies: 1, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bbhow
Edinboro, PA
(Zone 5b)

May 3, 2010
7:36 PM

Post #7761960

I've had a terrible time with voles here in NW PA. All the tulips, nearly all the lilies, Siberian Iris, gone. A young Apple girdled. Potatoes gnawed. I won't poison because lots of critters eat them here. YouTube has some excellent how-to videos on how to use mousetraps. I tried the "bait w/peanut butter and poke plastic traps down hole" technique with some success. Am now cutting the narrow side from short sections of rain gutter. Placed over the opening of a tunnel, unbaited traps facing both directions. Mousetraps [classic Victors] drilled so they can be spiked to the sod with a large nail so they don't waste kinetic energy flipping. I hope they work.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 4, 2010
3:37 AM

Post #7762466

Thanks for the good tips!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Moles, voles, mysterious holes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very useful and informative article! CapeCodGardener 3 Apr 4, 2011 6:40 AM
News to me! Sundownr 2 May 3, 2010 7:42 AM
Thanks for the information! rjones8194 2 Apr 28, 2010 11:34 PM
caster beans ARWadoo 2 May 3, 2010 6:45 PM
moles, voles waplummer 10 May 7, 2010 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America