Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

May pictures continues

Ripley, MS

The rose I can't say or spell without looking it up
Zephrine Drouhin
It smells heavenly, there are several open right now and it smells so good

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

iris and glads

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Ruth shared this fern last year, anyone know it's name?

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Charlotte gave me this painted fern last fall

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

my lady in red from Kathy Ann

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

I could go on and on with plants from my friends, Loretta, shadowgirl, gave me the rose I can't say, Bonnie gave me the amsonia, Cindy gave me the byzantine glads,
Terrye gave me this stained glass hosta, and lost hers, we are hoping this one will grow some babies soon, so I can give back !

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Wild honeysuckle that God gave me--lol--it is at the back of the yard and smells so good.

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra your Lady in Red Hydrangea is really growing. I need to take mine out of the small clay pot it is in and get it in the ground. On the to do list. I plan to spend all day Sat. and Sun afternoon in the yard!

Kim I got the Liger iris from one of several places. Could have been the Snowpeak iris coop, elizabethtown in Dave's classified and from one other person on classified that I can't think of at the time. It it big enough that I can give you a piece. I will give you a piece this fall - don't forget to remind me.

Ripley, MS

I have had mine for a couple of years now, Kathy Ann gave it to me when we went to her house, Kathy Ann--how long has it been now--it is so much fun there, everything is beautiful. I know it was before the greenhouse burned, but my mind is bad !

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Who knows Sandra, my mind is worse than yours LOL

This is the second winter the greenhouse is gone.

You should come with Terrye to the garden party at my house on the 5th.

Ripley, MS

I am reading the thread, I don't know if Terrye has seen it or not, she is planning her trip to see her sis in Chicago on Memorial Day-
You know I would love to come, but it AGAIN will probably depend on my back. I am still having lots of pain with it. I hate not being able to do things I want to do, I worked outside for a little while yesterday and really got it stirred up--by night, every step I took caused pain. It is some better today, not much though.
We had such a good time at your house, I will be crying in my soup if I miss it, just like I will be crying when Jeri's comes too--

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i'm upset about not getting to go to Jeri's too.

Ripley, MS

We will have to keep each other company while they are all having fun.
I have been to Jeri's twice and both times were great.
When your in pain, there is not much fun though

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I know, I hate that your having so much back trouble, what can they do about it?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Here's some more peonies Marilyn, they won't be blooming on the 5th, but they are huge now.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

a pink one in with the whites

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Another pretty pink one

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

more peonies

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

A lovely snake NOT

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Love this iris

Sultan's palace

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Akebias and blue muffin viburnum

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Salvia snow hill,

hope I didn't post this one already

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Ripley, MS

I love the peonies, looks like all the rain did not bother them too much.
I have not had an MRI yet, I am trying to hold off for a while yet, sometimes it will heal on its on, given time.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

They were pretty much still in bud when the rains came, I think we're suppose to get more rains soon.

Booneville, MS

Loving all the pics! I'm putting my hands up on the iris, too. Not many though!

Sandra, the kittens are so sweet. makes me want one .... but not for long! lol I'll come play with yours.
I'd love to go to KAs but Kelley has asked me about possibly keeping the boys that weekend so I'll have to wait and see.
My iris are on the ground too. I have a few still standing. I meant to do some trimming today but had to work in the shop.

sandra, I fuss about the honeysuckle vine all the time when I'm having to pull it up out of flowerbeds, but when it blooms nothing smells better.

Terrye

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Like those peonies!

Don't like snakes, but he's a good one!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous peonies, Kathy Ann, and all the other flowers, too. Yours are too, Sandra. I think I commented on both your photo albums on Facebook.

I put some impatiens out in the new shade bed the other day and laid down some stepping stones in it yesterday. Today I cleaned out behind the shed, so that area is ready for some EE's. (Did I say this on the previous thread? I forget what I have posted where because I am posting on several threads on both DG and Cubits! LOL)

Here's a view of the new shade bed with the impatiens in it. Everything you have given me for that bed, Charlotte, is doing very well except for the fern. It looks a little sad--don't know what is wrong with it. Did I tell y'all that some critter ate my American Spikenard right down to the nub?!!!! GRRRRRR That was the most expensive plant I bought at Pine Ridge Gardens in March and it was growing good--at least a foot tall and then something ate it! The nerve!

This message was edited May 6, 2010 11:07 AM

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is another view of the new shade bed looking down behind the shed. This was taken before I raked up the leaves back there but you can't really see them in this photo anyway.

Thumbnail by marsue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn your shade garden looks really good!!!

I haven't been able to play in the garden much this week. No fun!! I'm planning to do nothing Sat and Sun afternoon but work in the garden. May have to fit a little housework in also. This place is beginning to look like it needs to be condemned!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Charlotte! I came by most of the plants in there courtesy of you!
I doubt that your house needs to be condemned! LOL You should see the dust on my coffee table right now. I have spent most of my time outside the last month and housekeeping has come in way down on the bottom of my list of things to do.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

It's not just the dust on the table tops but the dust bunnies, dirt and pine needles on the floor!!! With two adults and two shaggy dogs running in and out the back door all day, it's amazing the junk we can bring into the house. Not to mention the dirty laundry - the fact that all my summer clothes are now in one big pile on the bed in a guest bedroom and the closet is a wreck from me starting to take out the winter stuff and store. Makes for quite a challenge when I get dressed every day!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL

Ripley, MS

It is a hard and fast rule that only emergency housekeeping be done in the spring ! We have all winter and the hottest part of summer to do all those things-now it is play time !
We all must follow the rules on this forum--no rule breaking allowed !

Even those of us who don't feel like working can still make pictures and post them and find various other ways to "play" and not break the rules here !

Marilyn, your shade garden is going to be beautiful, it looks pretty already and when it get to growing, you are really going to enjoy it.
I have several scapes on the daylilies now. I am hoping they will get taller than the weeds, so i can get some good pictures of them.

Terrye, I remember you telling me about Kelley needing you to baby sit, I am probably not going to be able to go anyway (back) so don't change your plans because of me.
A couple of years ago, we were on the go so much that Amanda accused me of having to make an appointment to see me-LOL, I know Kelley is feeling the same way!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra there is not any danger of me breaking the rules!!! I do have to get the clothes off the bed before June 13! My grandson is coming then and will expect to be able to sleep in the bed that is now piled high with clothes!!!LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Nothing like company coming to give you an incentive to get things done! LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is Mead's Strain amaryllis. Kelli from CA on the weather thread sent me this last year. I sent her one of my St. Joseph's Lilies.
Some kind of critter ate a hole in one of the other blooms on Mead's Strain, which stunted it. :o((

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

this is St. Joseph's Lily

Thumbnail by marsue
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

All the flowers are beautiful. Are all the byzatine glads the same color?? I had spotted some at an old homeplace on my road and I wondered if it was the byzatine - now that I have seen Sandra's picks, I am almost certain that is what they are.....

Would it be ok for me to dig some of the bulbs now? Or should I try to mark them and wait until Fall??? I am not sure if anyone mows the yard there but they are just out in the yard so if I mark them and they mow over it I will never find them.....

They sure are stunning. Are they ok in full sun??

Ripley, MS

Cindy is the bulb expert--but I think I would dig and pot now, while I was seeing them, don't get arrested !!! I think there is only one color, my pictures look different as one of them by tea cup, gets almost full sun and the other is in half day shade. Soil condition affects bloom color as I showed last year with the verbena blooms.

Booneville, MS

This was my lovely little surprise when I walked out on the deck this morning. This is one of my pots from the weekend at Rita's. I'm didn't see what dug into it. My cats have never dug in my pots before. I had fertilized with fish emulsion yesterday. ray thinks it might have been a raccoon.

Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.