Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Sewing and Quilting: Online source for 'designer' fabric..??..

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 3, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jannz2
Pilot Point, TX
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2010
5:05 PM

Post #7767497

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for [online] specialty type stores that sell the more expensive designer type fabric..??..

My DIL has found that the fabrics at Hobby Lobby etc just don't seem to finish up as nice as the designer type fabric. She's making children's clothes among other small projects...ie; nap mats, etc. We were wondering if the difference was because there are 'more threads per inch"... like there are with the more quality sheets. ?? Dunno...??

ANYWAY...we have a couple of specialty stores available locally, but I wondered if there were others available online..??..

Thanks for suggestions / comments...

Jann
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 5, 2010
5:35 PM

Post #7767590

Fabric.com - An all round great site

Hancocks of Paducah - not a discount site, but an excellent site for lots of designers.
http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/

also lots of suggestions in the 'sticky' at the top of the forum
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/872425/

This message was edited May 5, 2010 8:39 PM

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 5, 2010
6:21 PM

Post #7767786

Fabric.com hands down... I have spent probably over $500 there so far and have not had a bad fabric yet.
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

May 5, 2010
6:57 PM

Post #7767943

Fabric.com for me, too. If you become a regular customer, they start sending you email coupons for 15 & 20% off your entire purchase - that has amounted to some crazy savings for me.

I bought a bunch of shaggy minkee for almost nothing, once - between the clearance price and the coupon, I think it was $1.60/yd. (reg $14/yd!)

And I recently bought four yards of Robyn Pandolph Beach House 108" wide backing fabric for $3.40/yd. (80% off!)

You can find some really outstanding deals on there and I've never been disappointed in a fabric I've bought from them. Quick shippers, too.

My other addiction is eBay. If she identifies the manufacturer or designer that she wants and then searches eBay for those fabrics, she's going to come up with some great buys on there, too.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America