More chit chat 3

Ripley, MS

My goodness we do talk a lot !!!
I wanted to wish all the MOM'S a very Happy Mother Day this Sunday and hope you all enjoy your families.

Thumbnail by slcdms
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Same here from me! Happy Mother's day, everyone!

Thanks Sandra for starting this thread. I just had to take the time to show y'all what is blooming in my garden this morning! LOL It's a Kathy Ann plant! :o))

Thumbnail by marsue
Ripley, MS

Oh not--the monster hollyhock is taller than Kathy Ann--LOL_LOL_LOL

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow -- that is some holly hock! Sandra that rose is absolutely gorgeous..... which one is it??

Genna

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna hopefully you get to go to the powderpuff game, if not and you're still on the computer, there are some nurseries along the way between Caddo Valley and Hot Springs on Hwy 7, I always stop and check out the goods when I take a drive. I think there's one in Bismark and two others on the way to Hot Springs, or at least there was last year.

That's a gorgeous rose!!

Ripley, MS

That is Mr. Lincoln in bud

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Mr. Lincoln is very handsome!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann told me that she is 4',10 1/2" tall, so now you know just how gi-normous that hollyhock is--and it is loaded with buds!
Mr. Lincoln is very handsome, indeed!

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Marilyn - I want one of those KA plants. Think you can dig me one up ?

That Mr. Lincoln is very nice.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Or maybe she can propagate that KA plant.... I want one too...just THINK of how much stuff we could get done if we all had our own personal KA!! ^_^

I might have to add Mr Lincoln to my want list.... that is really nice and I have heard that Mr Lincoln is supposed to smell really nice too.

Booneville, MS

Me too, Genna. lol I think all of us could us a KA.
I told Ray yesterday I needed a wife , too. Maybe I ccould get caught up then. NOT!

Terrye

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

That KA is the best looking thing posted in a long long time, LOL!

Mr. Lincoln looks pretty good but can't hold a candle to KA.

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms, Grandmoms, and fill-in Moms.

E

Ripley, MS

Well, I came face to face with a copperhead this morning, so I promptly sent Jerry to town to get the flea and tick stuff we always put out. The last 2 summers we have used it and I did not see one snake, now one already. I made a picture with my cell phone and Jerry said yes, it was a copperhead.
He is mowing now and will put the stuff out tomorrow, after the rain moves through tonight.
It was short and fat--
Cindy, I got all my bulbs put out today !!! Hooray for me !!!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

KA and I are home from our 10 nursery in 1 day trip! We both got a few things...I needed to get my usual bedding plants, so I bought those and a few new named things ;o) As always, we had a blast!!

My haul minus some plants that KA brought to me...

Thumbnail by duckmother
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, y'all. I suppose we could clone KA --do you think she would let us do that? ROFLOL

Sandra, you are going to have to call Debra and get some advice from her. She has "met" several snakes in her garden this spring. She even took out some of her flower beds to discourage the snakes. I don't think it worked. :o(( She lives in the "boonies" like you do and lots of trees surround her house.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

We crossed, Kim. I was wondering if you and Kathy Ann had made it back from your nursery hopping tour. I am assuming you found the nursery in Conway without much trouble? It certainly looks like you made quite a haul: begonias, impatiens, coleus, is that a Gerbera Daisy (red)?

Yes, we found it with ease. The Gerbera is tagged Dark Eyed Scarlet. As a matter of fact, I bought it in Conway.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Hey I'm home, but will be back in a bit. Have to go unload plants.

love the holly hock,

Ripley, MS

I am in for a Kathy Ann clone too, she could be so happy here with all that needs to be done around here !
The stuff we put out seems to work, we had just failed to get it broadcast this year. We have used it for 2 summers and not seen any.

Kim, I can just see all those beautiful plants on your patio this fall, they were so pretty last year. I wish I could have kept all those coleus you gave us alive.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I've put it off long enough--gotta go mow the yard. BBL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Just make her skinnier and hotter LOL WE want a hot skinny little mama 4 foot l0 l/2 ROFL

I had a great time today, got a case of double vision at the end, but I made it home ok and it's gone now. Here's my haul. Love that huge begonia in there. got 3 or 4 new sedums I didn't have. That made me happy.

I also took alot of pics of the yard today, For bonnie, since she's not goin g to be able to come to my house in June. I'm going to post them on FB but will try to post them here too later on tonight.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn bought me this cute little plaque, which so very true!!

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Here's that begonia, I'm going to have to post it in the begonia forum to see if i can get it id'd it's huge

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Some stuff for a few containers. My containers here are doing quite well. growing like weeds. I think we're about to have some more rain.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here's a picture of my $7 basket from Lowes last night - I'm not sure what he meant by them being all beat up! He said these were regularly $20 baskets. I love the petunias in this one.

This message was edited May 7, 2010 6:41 PM

Thumbnail by kjuddy
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

You got the pretty much picasso super tunia in that basket. I'd say you did fantastic. that's a brand new petunia this year.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

What should I do about my poppies, we've had an aweful lot of rain and more coming, their turning yellow and the tops of some of them are turning brown.. should I use some sort of fertilizer on them?

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i'll go post my yard photos in the June pics thread

Glad you made it home, KA...and feeling better! I don't think you bought as much as me! You need to put that sedum on the succulent forum and see what it is. That stinker should not have taken out the tag!!! Too bad we could not find those phlox in a smaller container. I will keep a look for them. I am going to Pittman's in 2 weeks so, send me the names and I will look there for ya.

Karen, you got a great buy! Which Lowe's? lol I may need to run by there ;o)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yeah, those phlox were beautiful. I really wanted that grape lollipop one, oh well.

I'm pretty sure that sedum was novem. i doubt they could id it it looks too much like alot of other purple ones.

I am goin g to try to get that begonia id'd though.

I can't remember the name of the salmon colored one, but that other one was cotton candy and grape lollipop

Hey thanks for the id on that one KA - I told Janie I thought it was a supertunia but I don't know much about those. I am super excited about that. I did see one of the new plants I had in the fall slide show at some garden center the other day. I think it was the yellow petunia.

Just as I went to post the picture of my $2 Presto Coreopsis we had a power outage - yucko but here we are again. These came from the Lowe's in Bryant. They seem to do a LOT of clearance stuff!

Thumbnail by kjuddy
Ripley, MS

Do you think it is the heat, instead of too much water? We have had a very hot week for this time of year. For the poppies, I mean

Did you start a June thread already? LOL

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Kim - you going to Pittman's in magnolia??

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I lost you all! But here you are! I want one of those wife's too Terrye!!!!
That hollyhock is incredible Marilyn!!
It's a long story - too long to explain here - but my phone is literally falling apart. I ended up talking to a tech guy on the phone after it was connecting me to a Cricket number this morning that told me there was a problem with my account. I was dialing my home number when it did this and not only was it connecting me to cricket when I called my house, I don't have cricket service but Sprint!! Anyway the guy told me they would replace my phone at no charge (I don't have insurance - but I did have him look up when my contract expired). So I had to go over to McCain in N. Little Rock because the Sprint store in Little Rock does not have a service department. Then they kept telling me I was going to have to pay 119.00 - they finally hit the next button on the computer and found out that I was right!! The lady helping me was having a real attitude problem and when she discovered I was right she turned beet red including her arms!!!LOL I had my afternoon totally planned and this little problem totally changed all my plans. I was so frustrated with it all that when I got through with them I ended up going plant shopping!!! Now I have to go back over there Mon or Tues and pick up my new phone.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Karen when do you want to get your obedient plant? I can just put it in front of my garage and you can just PU if I'm not here.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL that's a no on the june thread, I postd on the may continuation thread LOL

Ripley, MS

Please don't rush winter--we just got over it-LOL

Charlotte if you'll just set it outside I'll come by sometime this weekend and pick it up - THANKS!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

WE're getting ready for Amber's College Graduation this morning.

Here's what I got Charlotte yesterday wit h Kim

3 ornamental pepper plants going to do an arrangement with them
begonias several kinds sinbad and river nile is 2 of them
sedums novem, lynda windsor, mr postman, lemon ball and moonlight serenade
campanula dickson's gold
hydranga semme's beauty looks alot like the oakleaf alice, I hope their not one in the same.
scuttelarrias 3 colors, these things are cute, going to do a container with them too
mother fern
echinacea hot papaya
new guinea impatients peach/pink colored and
pink annual verbena
and sweedish ivy all 3 of these are for a container too

I htink that's it,

kim gave me cuttings off all her coleus a nd some tomatoe plants and a hosta and some peacock fern.

I'm good to go for a while now LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

You got some good stuff. I got a few things to put in containers too yesterday. I did buy heuchera crimson curls. I really liked the way it looks. I have some I need to dig up and move and I'm going to put them all together. I'm going to sweep the floor and then I'm headed outside.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.