Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Kitchens: Different backsplash designs?

Communities > Forums > Kitchens
bookmark
Forum: KitchensReplies: 4, Views: 115
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ForeverEmily
Floyds Knobs, IN

May 8, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #7774684

Hi! All we have left to do in our kitchen is to find a back splash design. We both would like something different from the norm and we cannot come up with a unique design. Our kitchen is not that big (10 x 10) wall space that we need to put this on. We live in the country in a woods. We have light pickled cabinets with a gray/brown/gold granite counter tops. Anyone have any ideas or pictures for us? Thanks
(this was added after this post)
We have decided to go with a sunrise scene cut from tiles. A half sun rising from behind the top of the counter tops with rays cut out of tiles. I now need ideas on how to do this if anyone has any pics they can share with me. thanks again.

This message was edited May 11, 2010 9:23 AM
gavafriend
northeastern, AZ

May 15, 2010
10:02 PM

Post #7796445

Find a quilting pattern on line or at the library. Then you can transfer it from the fabric to tile. Try different layouts. You can even "glue fabric" to your backsplash to audition the design and colors with fabric starch. Just wash the starch off the wall before putting up the backerboard. The fabric will peel right off when you want to put up a different one or have your design finished. Have fun.
ForeverEmily
Floyds Knobs, IN

May 21, 2010
5:01 PM

Post #7814887

Now that's a thought, but maybe colored paper would work too. You do have me thinking. Thanks. . .
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

June 2, 2010
9:29 AM

Post #7851853

Lowes has a Tin style back splash it comes in copper look , tin, brass, and other colors its back in the counter top section next to the lamnit its not hard to instal very durable and looks awesome for a country setting and they have samples and lititure for you to look at. gook luck .
ForeverEmily
Floyds Knobs, IN

June 4, 2010
4:09 AM

Post #7857590

Thanks Ret! I will look into that also. Our home might be in the country but it is contempory style and does not have a country look to it. I really love glass tiles. thanks for taking your time for suggestions for me.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Kitchens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
If you were replacing a countertop, what would you choose? LooneyLinda 198 Apr 30, 2014 6:14 PM
As requested on another thread, here's my kitchen re-do Connie_G 53 Jun 3, 2007 5:32 AM
anyone use Sears to reface cabinets? ssdogwood 15 Aug 3, 2007 10:21 PM
Our kitchen is done ! CountryGardens 24 Oct 13, 2007 3:12 PM
Stainless Steel Appliances - Any suggestions?? azrobin 18 Jun 3, 2010 3:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America