Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: My Favorite Climbing Rose, ‘Zephirine Drouhin’: Zephirine Drouhin Rose

Communities > Forums > Article: My Favorite Climbing Rose, ‘Zephirine Drouhin’
bookmark
Forum: Article: My Favorite Climbing Rose, ‘Zephirine Drouhin’Replies: 3, Views: 66
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ctindell
Sterling, VA
(Zone 6b)

May 9, 2010
2:18 PM

Post #7778160

2nd year in my garden and sending out new canes like crazy. I love this rose.

Thumbnail by ctindell
Click the image for an enlarged view.

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 9, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #7778360

Beautiful! I'm glad it's doing so well for you. I just chopped the heck out of mine, pruning out old canes and also reducing its size (because it's determined to overgrow the deck steps). It's very forgiving! And I sure appreciate the fact that it has very few thorns, LOL.

Hey, just noticed your address... You should check out the Mid-Atlantic gardening forum! There are 2 spring swaps on the "Events" thread at the top, and the VA one shouldn't be too far for you.

I was in your neck of the woods yesterday, having a lovely time at DeBaggio Herbs. :-)
ctindell
Sterling, VA
(Zone 6b)

May 9, 2010
6:03 PM

Post #7778672

I am hoping to get to DeBaggios soon! Does your Zephrine Drouhin Rose bloom more than once. Mine only bloomed once last year.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 9, 2010
7:28 PM

Post #7778888

I get scattered rebloom, but usually only one big flush.

I was so excited to get there this year while the selection was still so good, especially on the lavenders. :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: My Favorite Climbing Rose, ‘Zephirine Drouhin’ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great idea! adinamiti 11 Jul 10, 2008 6:52 PM
Anyone have this rose in Zone 4? dahlianut 4 Jul 8, 2008 11:59 AM
Nice article about a nice rose. PaulFromAL 11 Jul 9, 2008 11:25 AM
Zephirine Drouhin msmouser 3 Jul 22, 2008 2:40 AM
no blooms jaxweaver 2 Jul 28, 2009 1:48 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America