What is this Peonies name?

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

A friend game me this Peony. I love it but what is its name?

Thumbnail by ctindell
springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I don't know, but I have one named Dancing Butterflies that looks like it. There is probably several that look like that.
here is mine.

Thumbnail by FrillyLily
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

I have one from years ago Wal-Mart (3 for $5, true name anyone's guess). I did not really like it but my wife did so I still have it.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose

I got mine at WM about 5 years or so ago.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

It may be a Nymphe. I got this from Costco and I kept the box that it came it. It came 3-4 in a package, and the shades ranged from lighter to darker pinks. The single petals with prominent yellow stamens, and the profusion of blooms, and the fact that it is sold through a large retailer makes me think that it may be the same plant. It has tripled in size in three years, so it must be a very easy variety to propagate so cheaply. Cheap or I, I like it because it is my earliest blooming peony.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

My single is definitely not 'Nymphe' which is listed as late, fragrant and cupped. Check the link below.

http://www.paeon.de/aaa/02954.html

the thing is Wal mart Costco, Lowes, all those big box stores do not label things reliably, and I believe they flat out make up names sometimes to sell things.
there is no telling what you get when you buy from those.

The one I have labeled Dancing Butterflies blooms and the blooms fade before any of my others bloom.

the age of the bloom makes a HUGE difference when comparing photos, I have one that opens pink, really pink, but it fades to nearly a bright white as it ages.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images