CLOSED: Birthday Club #34

Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here in case anyone wants to go back and read the changes we have been discussing, and look at all the birthday pressies.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1091194/

We welcome anyone who would like to join us in our Birthday Club. Please stop by and chat with us often. Anything goes!

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15
Rainy_Jane- (Jane) Feb. 9
ClanCambell -(Chris) Feb. 28
Mcrochet - (Marilyn) Mar 05
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9
Sissy70 - (Judy) April 16
Marti001 (Mary) April 17
momoftwo607 (Erin) May 6
Purpbutfly -(Cindy) May 27
Deejay9 (Susie) July 9
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1
Barhea7 (Bre) Sept 7
Diamond9192002 (Anita) Sept. 19
Ddbydeb (Deb) Sept. 22
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9
catbirdsue (Cathy) Nov. 23
Ptilda (Priscilla) Nov. 23
Froggies_girl (Julie) Dec. 17
Dahtzu -(Faye) Dec. 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28

Hopefully this will help us all keep track and one single person doesn't have to notify everyone about the upcoming birthdays.

Likes and Dislikes Thread here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1012872/

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Morning FOTV. How's your day going? Rained last night, cool right now.

Summerville, SC(Zone 9b)

Ok Now I wont go cross eyed for a while trying to catch up LOL!

Summerville, SC(Zone 9b)

Erin where do I find your "Want" list please :)
Deb

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

So glad for the new thread.
Boy is our club growing fast
Welcome Deb. Hope you will love the special people here.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the new room!

Joy

Deb, Erin's list is just a few posts above yours. Here's the link and it's also in Marilyn's top block: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1012872/

Geez, speaking of "the list" I haven't updated mine yet for Gift Certificates.

Anita, I just have to tell you from Bluestone I'm getting Agastache "Summer Love", Centaurea "Gold Bullion" and Buddleia "Honeycomb". Yeah! I'm really turning into an Agastache nut and the only butterfly bush I have is White. Thank you, Girlfriend!

Good luck, Joy! Check in when you can and let us know how you and Lite are doing.

Summerville, SC(Zone 9b)

Ok I am a doofus what is a "Top Block" LOL! Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! I was out today taking pic or at least TRYING to take pics of the brids but the little boogers would not coperate . Dang things wouldl not come to the feeders hardely while I was out there with camera in hand but let me come in and sit at the embroidery machien and go to work and man it was party city at the every feeder and the bird bath to boot! LOL! I was so mad LOL! Got a few pics this evening though. Hopefully in the morning I will get some of our pretty boys the painted buntings. we have 2 familys here this year.
Deb

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I am terrible. I forgot to post that I had gotten my box of goodies from Fruit of the Vine. She sent me some very nice things, including some seeds for my garden and a nice card with a cat wearing sunglasses and pearl necklace. I love the card. I got footies for cold nights.

LOL Deb, I should have been clearer. Top block just means it's posted at the top of this page.

No problem, Marti. Your gifts were basically a mirror of the ones I sent to Judy. Yours had a purple theme and hers was pink. So glad you like them! I thought that cat card was hilarious too, know how much you love cats.

Post real quick here, got to get myself to bed! dead all day today, and tomorrow I am NOT oversleeping. :)
Bre sent me a great birthday gift, will do my best to get pics asap, but for now will try to tell you about it.
sent me a planter with sunflowers on it, (love it) and stuffed in the planter were hand towels, beautiful sunflower yellow.
A notepad with two separate sections, one for Notes, and one for To do. It has a brown cover and the pad has beautiful magnolias on it. love magnolias.
A citrus cranberry candle complete with it's own holder. Two cute candles in their own little basket made of seed packets. scent of the candles is one daisy the other one sunflower. cool!
and a recipe box! it has redvelvet cake shower gel and sweet creamy frosting shower gel. the smell is to die for! and how did you know that red velvet cake is my favorite? love it. and the recipes for the 'real' deal is also in the recipe box.
thank you so much Bre, I love it all!
girls I have been going crazy with my glasses! still do not have my new ones yet. I know how Kris felt now waiting on hers to come in, and then having to wait again because they put the wrong lens in them. I just want mine to get here. If they don't come this week, I'm going to have to take a few days off. I'm getting headaches looking through the crack in my lens.
got to get to bed now, 19 days of school left!
((((((((((((hugs to all)))))))))))

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Haha! Thanks Fruit! :) I didn't realize their was a new thread until now! :P

Erin

Very nice gifts, Marilyn. Bre always does such a great job. OK, Marilyn, the countdown's on til school's out and you've just got to get your new glasses so you can see how to drive to the RU next month. Take care and I'll see you on the other thread.

Fruity, I'm doing my best to try to get there. My glasses are setting me back nearly $500.00! I nearly croaked when they told me the price! and I had to order new frames, they don't make this frame anymore, of course not! they work well! no screws to contend with. love them, where I put them on my face is where they stay.
can't go without my glasses so they can put lens in my old frames, and since my frames are six years old, they wouldn't do it anyway. grrrr,,,,why not? the shape of the lens are not that much different than the new ones I had to order? go figure.
but yes, looking forward to summer and June! trying my hardest. keep your fingers crossed.
good night all and sleep well, sunshine and blue skies tomorrow for all!
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
really going to bed this time. :)

Hi Erin, Marilyn's great about starting a new thread for us as our old ones fill up quickly. You know how much we all love to chat...LOL Watch your mailbox tomorrow!

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I've been watching! I'm like a little kid, I can't wait for the mail to get here! hehe :P

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WHAT NO JUNE B-DAYS ????? Does that mean I Get June & July :)))))) ??? won't that be fun HEHEHE;

Just Dropped in to let the may b-day gals KNow that I Have not forgot The weather is Not the greatest here right now to play out side But as soon as I Can I Sure will

I will Post as soon as I get them in the mail .
susie

You are too funny, Susie! Ya never know when a June bug, like my Dad was, is out there lurking and might like to join anyday.

I know what you mean, Marilyn. My glasses were $500 December a year ago. Bi-focals are the pits and it took months for me to get used to them. I thought the ground or the stairs were literally jumping up to meet me. I'll probably never be able to play golf again, but at least I can read my neighbor's license plate from across the road and all the other things I'd missed. The strange thing is just a few years ago I used to read and do needlework like cross-stitch "up close" without the aid of glasses. Hang in there, my Friend, I know if there's anyway you can, you'll be at the RU with bells on your toes!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone.. just wanted to send a huge thank you to Marti.. I received your present today and I LOVE IT!!.. Ladies, she sent me a rock lol.. but oh my! She painted an emperor penguin on it (Am I correct, Marti.. emperor?) It's just gorgeous and is going in a special spot with the other rocks I've received so far.

She sent a funny card with it too. It says "the bad news is: I forgot your birthday. The good news is: I also forgot how old you are" LOL.. gotta love that!

The flowers in the picture are from my DD and SIL for Mother's Day.. it's called "Orange Star" Ornithogalum dubium.. isn't it beautiful? I thought Marti's penguin went well with that color :)

Thanks again Marti.. and guaranteed, you sure don't have to worry about this being "one present"... it's wonderful :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I am so glad you like it. I love painting rocks when I can find the right shade and size. With you move I thought you could use something funny.

I do like it!! I immediately thought of the movie "Happy Feet" when I saw it :) And you're right.. funny was the best thing for me. :)

thanks again!

Marti, I've had the privilege of seeing your work on other threads and think your hand-painted rocks really do ROCK! Since yours have smooth surfaces, do you collect them from a nearby riverbed? Around here, we just have jagged quartz or slate.

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

I love that rock too! Wish I could paint, and yea, still wishing I did needle work, quilt or even sing. Sounds like I do nothing, lol and I'm quite good at it.
Hugs to all, Faye

Summerville, SC(Zone 9b)

Marti your rock is adorable! I have yet to jump into painting rocks. I have all Lins books though LOL! One day! I like to paint on those rectangular brick ones you can get at Lowes or Walmart as well as the round ones. I have some of them out inthe yard I did with a Lady Bug on one and a Dragonfly on another. They are heck on the hands though getting htem prepped tears up your hands unless I use gloves. Afte they are sealed they are a lot better to deal with.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I use smooth river rock. My problem around here all I can find is shale. I have an order for a painted rock to stand up with the peoples name on it. I may be able to use the shale for that, but need to find smooth river rock. I know I can get it in Arkansas, but hope there is someplace closer. If anyone knows of a place closer, I would really appreciate it if you would let me know and I can paint you a rock in return.

I'm so glad everyone likes my penquin. He was the first penquin I painted.

Marti, Wonder if you check with quarries in your area if they'd be able to let you know where you might be able to search for river rocks locally? Just a thought.

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Marti, almost wishing my Bday was sooner just for one of your painted rocks. Love it.
Ladies with the glasses problem, did you ever try contact lens? I love mine.

Ms. Faye, loved contacts when I wore them, but when my far-sightedness started interfering with my near sightedness, had to go to glasses for the bi-focals. I tried the contacts for that problem, but couldn't stand them moving around in my eyes to focus. And if I wear contacts for far away, I have to wear reading glasses, and those I cannot keep up with. If they aren't on my face, they are lost. :)

question about my hibiscus Ms.Faye. One did survive, do I leave it in the pot or can I plant it outside, and where should I plant it, sun or shade, what type soil, any special instructions? I think this is the yellow one. The pink one didn't come back. Don't know that I did anything different with them, but one lived one didn't.

I started wearing glasses for near-sightedness and astigmatism when I was 12 years old, they were ugly dark-rimmed plastic, but what else would you expect in 1970? I would rather have had the rhinestone encrusted Cat glasses so famous in the 1960's...LOL Then I switched to hard contacts in 1972, those were a trip, and wore Bausch and Lomb soft contacts til I was in my mid-40's. I had the same problem, Marilyn, couldn't see to drive looking far away or reading close-up.

Are your contacts bi-focals, Faye? You don't have to answer that question if it's too much info....LOL

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL, Marilyn, I know I'm old as dirt, but why do you call me Ms. Faye? That is what my Sunday School Children call me. As for the Yellow Hibiscus, last year was the first for me. The seed came from a DG friend as part of my Bday. I planted 3 in the ground, and kept one in a very large pot that wintered in the garage. Only one of the ground ones have come back, but where I let seeds drop in one place, I have several Hibiscus. This dirt is red hard clay, so when I dug to plant, I mixed top soil & miracle grow potting soil with some of the original dirt. The Seeds from the pink Hibiscus were from my bush and the best luck I've had was in the seeds that fell and now they are plentiful. They even came up after I heavily mulched. Is it to hot to mail the little pinks? If not I'll send you some.
LOL now my old eyes. I have glasses , (get this) tri- focals! I am both far sighted and near sighted. My contacts are for mono vision, and they work great. My left eye sees close up and my right eye sees at a distance, and together my brain thinks I'm doing it right. Boy did I luck up when that worked for me.
American Idol coming on, talk later.
Love ye!

I'm from the south Ms.Faye, we always call our elders ms. or mr. and I just have a habit of it.
I'll try to call you Faye from now on. :)
It's not to hot yet, we are having great weather right now. I do have to water daily though, as we haven't had any rain in days. that's the only complaint, but when it does rain, it will be a deluge for a few hours and then none again for days. :) That's just Florida weather.
I think I will transplant the yellow one into the ground, and if it looks like it's not doing as well, I'll stick it back into a bigger pot.
another day, still no glasses came in. grrrrr 18 days until school is out.

Ok, did I miss it somewhere??? Where did our June birthday girl go?? Tishrh.. I didn't see her posting that she was dropping out. She's been sending presents to everyone, I hate that she won't get any herself.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

She (Tishrh) posted on the dislikes/likes forum that she was dropping out about a week ago.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Chris I did get your bday present yesterday. Thank you both wall hangings are beautiful. I will post pics when I get a second this afternoon. :)

Erin

I guess I don't go over there enough! Well, pooh... I just went over and saw it.

Well, she's only subscribed to May 26th, I wonder if she's going to drop out of DG completely.

Edited to add: Glad you like them.. I thought the larger one might go out in the garden rather than hanging it up, since you don't like knick-knacks.

This message was edited May 13, 2010 7:29 AM

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I could hang them on my tree stump ! :)

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Marilyn, please call me anything you want. I love Ms. Faye, I was taught the same thing. Call me anything, just call me!
Hope everyone has a good day. Misty here and I'm wishing for rain. Three of the Baptist Men from church are here building a ramp so I will be able (in time) to at least get Ray outside.
Hugs!

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm trying dig a hole for my pond. The kids are helping so its taking a little longer. :)

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Received my bday present from FOTV! Kids love the bubble wrap. ENTERTAINMENT! :)) She sent me a face for a tree (hilarious!) , A sunflower bird feeder. I absolutely LOVE sunflowers, and I don't believe that I even listed that on my likes! Well done Susan! :) She also sent me a chocolate bar,love candy! Daylily 'always afternoon',daylily 'dacquiri', daylily 'cool jazz'! All of these will look great either around my pond or in my shade garden! Thanks!! I'll post pics later, rightnow I am trying to put in a preformed pond! YAY!

Erin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images