-
AuthorContent
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 11, 2010
9:01 AM

Post #7783354

We came from here in case anyone wants to go back and read the changes we have been discussing, and look at all the birthday pressies.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1091194/

We welcome anyone who would like to join us in our Birthday Club. Please stop by and chat with us often. Anything goes!

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15
Rainy_Jane- (Jane) Feb. 9
ClanCambell -(Chris) Feb. 28
Mcrochet - (Marilyn) Mar 05
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9
Sissy70 - (Judy) April 16
Marti001 (Mary) April 17
momoftwo607 (Erin) May 6
Purpbutfly -(Cindy) May 27
Deejay9 (Susie) July 9
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1
Barhea7 (Bre) Sept 7
Diamond9192002 (Anita) Sept. 19
Ddbydeb (Deb) Sept. 22
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9
catbirdsue (Cathy) Nov. 23
Ptilda (Priscilla) Nov. 23
Froggies_girl (Julie) Dec. 17
Dahtzu -(Faye) Dec. 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28

Hopefully this will help us all keep track and one single person doesn't have to notify everyone about the upcoming birthdays.

Likes and Dislikes Thread here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1012872/
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2010
9:04 AM

Post #7783359

Thanks for the new room!
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 11, 2010
9:36 AM

Post #7783467

Morning FOTV. How's your day going? Rained last night, cool right now.
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

May 11, 2010
11:55 AM

Post #7783855

Ok Now I wont go cross eyed for a while trying to catch up LOL!
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

May 11, 2010
12:00 PM

Post #7783868

Erin where do I find your "Want" list please :)
Deb
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2010
12:35 PM

Post #7783938

So glad for the new thread.
Boy is our club growing fast
Welcome Deb. Hope you will love the special people here.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 11, 2010
1:58 PM

Post #7784322

Thanks for the new room!

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2010
3:36 PM

Post #7784596

Deb, Erin's list is just a few posts above yours. Here's the link and it's also in Marilyn's top block: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1012872/

Geez, speaking of "the list" I haven't updated mine yet for Gift Certificates.

Anita, I just have to tell you from Bluestone I'm getting Agastache "Summer Love", Centaurea "Gold Bullion" and Buddleia "Honeycomb". Yeah! I'm really turning into an Agastache nut and the only butterfly bush I have is White. Thank you, Girlfriend!

Good luck, Joy! Check in when you can and let us know how you and Lite are doing.

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

May 11, 2010
4:02 PM

Post #7784672

Ok I am a doofus what is a "Top Block" LOL! Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! I was out today taking pic or at least TRYING to take pics of the brids but the little boogers would not coperate . Dang things wouldl not come to the feeders hardely while I was out there with camera in hand but let me come in and sit at the embroidery machien and go to work and man it was party city at the every feeder and the bird bath to boot! LOL! I was so mad LOL! Got a few pics this evening though. Hopefully in the morning I will get some of our pretty boys the painted buntings. we have 2 familys here this year.
Deb
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 11, 2010
5:31 PM

Post #7784840

I am terrible. I forgot to post that I had gotten my box of goodies from Fruit of the Vine. She sent me some very nice things, including some seeds for my garden and a nice card with a cat wearing sunglasses and pearl necklace. I love the card. I got footies for cold nights.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2010
5:40 PM

Post #7784862

LOL Deb, I should have been clearer. Top block just means it's posted at the top of this page.

No problem, Marti. Your gifts were basically a mirror of the ones I sent to Judy. Yours had a purple theme and hers was pink. So glad you like them! I thought that cat card was hilarious too, know how much you love cats.

mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 11, 2010
5:42 PM

Post #7784867

Post real quick here, got to get myself to bed! dead all day today, and tomorrow I am NOT oversleeping. :)
Bre sent me a great birthday gift, will do my best to get pics asap, but for now will try to tell you about it.
sent me a planter with sunflowers on it, (love it) and stuffed in the planter were hand towels, beautiful sunflower yellow.
A notepad with two separate sections, one for Notes, and one for To do. It has a brown cover and the pad has beautiful magnolias on it. love magnolias.
A citrus cranberry candle complete with it's own holder. Two cute candles in their own little basket made of seed packets. scent of the candles is one daisy the other one sunflower. cool!
and a recipe box! it has redvelvet cake shower gel and sweet creamy frosting shower gel. the smell is to die for! and how did you know that red velvet cake is my favorite? love it. and the recipes for the 'real' deal is also in the recipe box.
thank you so much Bre, I love it all!
girls I have been going crazy with my glasses! still do not have my new ones yet. I know how Kris felt now waiting on hers to come in, and then having to wait again because they put the wrong lens in them. I just want mine to get here. If they don't come this week, I'm going to have to take a few days off. I'm getting headaches looking through the crack in my lens.
got to get to bed now, 19 days of school left!
((((((((((((hugs to all)))))))))))
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2010
5:46 PM

Post #7784885

Haha! Thanks Fruit! :) I didn't realize their was a new thread until now! :P

Erin
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2010
5:50 PM

Post #7784893

Very nice gifts, Marilyn. Bre always does such a great job. OK, Marilyn, the countdown's on til school's out and you've just got to get your new glasses so you can see how to drive to the RU next month. Take care and I'll see you on the other thread.

mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 11, 2010
5:55 PM

Post #7784902

Fruity, I'm doing my best to try to get there. My glasses are setting me back nearly $500.00! I nearly croaked when they told me the price! and I had to order new frames, they don't make this frame anymore, of course not! they work well! no screws to contend with. love them, where I put them on my face is where they stay.
can't go without my glasses so they can put lens in my old frames, and since my frames are six years old, they wouldn't do it anyway. grrrr,,,why not? the shape of the lens are not that much different than the new ones I had to order? go figure.
but yes, looking forward to summer and June! trying my hardest. keep your fingers crossed.
good night all and sleep well, sunshine and blue skies tomorrow for all!
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
really going to bed this time. :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2010
5:56 PM

Post #7784903

Hi Erin, Marilyn's great about starting a new thread for us as our old ones fill up quickly. You know how much we all love to chat...LOL Watch your mailbox tomorrow!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2010
6:02 PM

Post #7784910

I've been watching! I'm like a little kid, I can't wait for the mail to get here! hehe :P

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2010

Post #7784911

WHAT NO JUNE B-DAYS ????? Does that mean I Get June & July :)))))) ??? won't that be fun HEHEHE;

Just Dropped in to let the may b-day gals KNow that I Have not forgot The weather is Not the greatest here right now to play out side But as soon as I Can I Sure will

I will Post as soon as I get them in the mail .
susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #7784946

You are too funny, Susie! Ya never know when a June bug, like my Dad was, is out there lurking and might like to join anyday.

I know what you mean, Marilyn. My glasses were $500 December a year ago. Bi-focals are the pits and it took months for me to get used to them. I thought the ground or the stairs were literally jumping up to meet me. I'll probably never be able to play golf again, but at least I can read my neighbor's license plate from across the road and all the other things I'd missed. The strange thing is just a few years ago I used to read and do needlework like cross-stitch "up close" without the aid of glasses. Hang in there, my Friend, I know if there's anyway you can, you'll be at the RU with bells on your toes!

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #7785005

Hi everyone.. just wanted to send a huge thank you to Marti.. I received your present today and I LOVE IT!!.. Ladies, she sent me a rock lol.. but oh my! She painted an emperor penguin on it (Am I correct, Marti.. emperor?) It's just gorgeous and is going in a special spot with the other rocks I've received so far.

She sent a funny card with it too. It says "the bad news is: I forgot your birthday. The good news is: I also forgot how old you are" LOL.. gotta love that!

The flowers in the picture are from my DD and SIL for Mother's Day.. it's called "Orange Star" Ornithogalum dubium.. isn't it beautiful? I thought Marti's penguin went well with that color :)

Thanks again Marti.. and guaranteed, you sure don't have to worry about this being "one present"... it's wonderful :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
Click the image for an enlarged view.

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 11, 2010
6:34 PM

Post #7785019

I am so glad you like it. I love painting rocks when I can find the right shade and size. With you move I thought you could use something funny.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2010
6:44 PM

Post #7785048

I do like it!! I immediately thought of the movie "Happy Feet" when I saw it :) And you're right.. funny was the best thing for me. :)

thanks again!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2010
7:14 PM

Post #7785149

Marti, I've had the privilege of seeing your work on other threads and think your hand-painted rocks really do ROCK! Since yours have smooth surfaces, do you collect them from a nearby riverbed? Around here, we just have jagged quartz or slate.

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2010
7:35 PM

Post #7785229

I love that rock too! Wish I could paint, and yea, still wishing I did needle work, quilt or even sing. Sounds like I do nothing, lol and I'm quite good at it.
Hugs to all, Faye
ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

May 11, 2010
8:07 PM

Post #7785304

Marti your rock is adorable! I have yet to jump into painting rocks. I have all Lins books though LOL! One day! I like to paint on those rectangular brick ones you can get at Lowes or Walmart as well as the round ones. I have some of them out inthe yard I did with a Lady Bug on one and a Dragonfly on another. They are heck on the hands though getting htem prepped tears up your hands unless I use gloves. Afte they are sealed they are a lot better to deal with.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 12, 2010
4:46 AM

Post #7785769

I use smooth river rock. My problem around here all I can find is shale. I have an order for a painted rock to stand up with the peoples name on it. I may be able to use the shale for that, but need to find smooth river rock. I know I can get it in Arkansas, but hope there is someplace closer. If anyone knows of a place closer, I would really appreciate it if you would let me know and I can paint you a rock in return.

I'm so glad everyone likes my penquin. He was the first penquin I painted.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 12, 2010
1:17 PM

Post #7787224

Marti, Wonder if you check with quarries in your area if they'd be able to let you know where you might be able to search for river rocks locally? Just a thought.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 12, 2010
1:41 PM

Post #7787315

Marti, almost wishing my Bday was sooner just for one of your painted rocks. Love it.
Ladies with the glasses problem, did you ever try contact lens? I love mine.
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 12, 2010
2:08 PM

Post #7787381

Ms. Faye, loved contacts when I wore them, but when my far-sightedness started interfering with my near sightedness, had to go to glasses for the bi-focals. I tried the contacts for that problem, but couldn't stand them moving around in my eyes to focus. And if I wear contacts for far away, I have to wear reading glasses, and those I cannot keep up with. If they aren't on my face, they are lost. :)

question about my hibiscus Ms.Faye. One did survive, do I leave it in the pot or can I plant it outside, and where should I plant it, sun or shade, what type soil, any special instructions? I think this is the yellow one. The pink one didn't come back. Don't know that I did anything different with them, but one lived one didn't.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 12, 2010
2:52 PM

Post #7787513

I started wearing glasses for near-sightedness and astigmatism when I was 12 years old, they were ugly dark-rimmed plastic, but what else would you expect in 1970? I would rather have had the rhinestone encrusted Cat glasses so famous in the 1960's...LOL Then I switched to hard contacts in 1972, those were a trip, and wore Bausch and Lomb soft contacts til I was in my mid-40's. I had the same problem, Marilyn, couldn't see to drive looking far away or reading close-up.

Are your contacts bi-focals, Faye? You don't have to answer that question if it's too much info...LOL

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 12, 2010

Post #7788064

LOL, Marilyn, I know I'm old as dirt, but why do you call me Ms. Faye? That is what my Sunday School Children call me. As for the Yellow Hibiscus, last year was the first for me. The seed came from a DG friend as part of my Bday. I planted 3 in the ground, and kept one in a very large pot that wintered in the garage. Only one of the ground ones have come back, but where I let seeds drop in one place, I have several Hibiscus. This dirt is red hard clay, so when I dug to plant, I mixed top soil & miracle grow potting soil with some of the original dirt. The Seeds from the pink Hibiscus were from my bush and the best luck I've had was in the seeds that fell and now they are plentiful. They even came up after I heavily mulched. Is it to hot to mail the little pinks? If not I'll send you some.
LOL now my old eyes. I have glasses , (get this) tri- focals! I am both far sighted and near sighted. My contacts are for mono vision, and they work great. My left eye sees close up and my right eye sees at a distance, and together my brain thinks I'm doing it right. Boy did I luck up when that worked for me.
American Idol coming on, talk later.
Love ye!
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 12, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #7788351

I'm from the south Ms.Faye, we always call our elders ms. or mr. and I just have a habit of it.
I'll try to call you Faye from now on. :)
It's not to hot yet, we are having great weather right now. I do have to water daily though, as we haven't had any rain in days. that's the only complaint, but when it does rain, it will be a deluge for a few hours and then none again for days. :) That's just Florida weather.
I think I will transplant the yellow one into the ground, and if it looks like it's not doing as well, I'll stick it back into a bigger pot.
another day, still no glasses came in. grrrrr 18 days until school is out.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
6:20 AM

Post #7789171

Ok, did I miss it somewhere??? Where did our June birthday girl go?? Tishrh.. I didn't see her posting that she was dropping out. She's been sending presents to everyone, I hate that she won't get any herself.

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
6:22 AM

Post #7789173

She (Tishrh) posted on the dislikes/likes forum that she was dropping out about a week ago.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
6:23 AM

Post #7789180

Chris I did get your bday present yesterday. Thank you both wall hangings are beautiful. I will post pics when I get a second this afternoon. :)

Erin
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7789194

I guess I don't go over there enough! Well, pooh... I just went over and saw it.

Well, she's only subscribed to May 26th, I wonder if she's going to drop out of DG completely.

Edited to add: Glad you like them.. I thought the larger one might go out in the garden rather than hanging it up, since you don't like knick-knacks.

This message was edited May 13, 2010 7:29 AM
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
6:36 AM

Post #7789225

I could hang them on my tree stump ! :)
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 13, 2010
7:57 AM

Post #7789450

Marilyn, please call me anything you want. I love Ms. Faye, I was taught the same thing. Call me anything, just call me!
Hope everyone has a good day. Misty here and I'm wishing for rain. Three of the Baptist Men from church are here building a ramp so I will be able (in time) to at least get Ray outside.
Hugs!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
8:07 AM

Post #7789487

I'm trying dig a hole for my pond. The kids are helping so its taking a little longer. :)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
9:46 AM

Post #7789811

Received my bday present from FOTV! Kids love the bubble wrap. ENTERTAINMENT! :)) She sent me a face for a tree (hilarious!) , A sunflower bird feeder. I absolutely LOVE sunflowers, and I don't believe that I even listed that on my likes! Well done Susan! :) She also sent me a chocolate bar,love candy! Daylily 'always afternoon',daylily 'dacquiri', daylily 'cool jazz'! All of these will look great either around my pond or in my shade garden! Thanks!! I'll post pics later, rightnow I am trying to put in a preformed pond! YAY!

Erin
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
11:19 AM

Post #7790065

ok. Came in to rest for a bit. First picture is from Chris (ClanCampbell). Thank you very much! :)

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2010
11:20 AM

Post #7790070

This one is just of the sunflower bird feeder and the tree face. I already planted the plants. :) Thanks FOTV! :)

Erin

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2010
3:15 PM

Post #7790661

Looky! Looky!!! What I got!! A gift certificate from Anita (Diamond192002) for Bluestone Perennials. AND they sent a catalog! Have been thru the catalog 3 times already and marked many things I'd like to have. Now just have to get serious and pick the things I want the most. They have the Oakleaf Hydrangea I want and Hosta's, and so many things. Will take a few days to think about it and make my final list.

Thank you so much, Anita. I love it.

Thumbnail by marti001

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 13, 2010
3:54 PM

Post #7790733

I know, Marti, isn't that the hardest thing you ever had to decide? That slick catalog made me want at least one of everything. Good thing hubby likes grass or I wouldn't have any left to mow...lol

Erin, So glad you liked your goodies and Daylilies. I thought your kids would get a kick out of that Tree Face too. Never realized Bubblewrap could be so entertaining...LOL Show us pics of your pond when you can.

Wonderful news, Faye!

ddbydeb
Summerville, SC
(Zone 9b)

May 13, 2010
4:43 PM

Post #7790848

[quote="marti001"]I use smooth river rock. My problem around here all I can find is shale. Hi
Marti have you tried any landscaping places or places listed as selling gravel and stuff. I got some nice rocks here at a place like that and paid for them by the pound :) It was like a treasure hunt digging around to find just the right ones. The had all kinds of rocks there. I need to go out this year and look. Bill took my rounded river rocks and put them out at the corner of the front flower bed where the water hits it when it rains. Hmm... I will have to "Bil"l him the amount of the rocks so he can replace them LOL! ( I greatly amuse my self )
Erin what lovely gifts you have gotten so far!
Deb

This message was edited May 13, 2010 6:44 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 13, 2010
4:50 PM

Post #7790865

I'm collecting ideas about what to paint for Elfie's and Goober's September Rock Swap and think "A Garden Is Where the Soul Feels at Home" is another perfect one. Very nice, Chris!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060880/
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2010
5:09 PM

Post #7790915

I know about that grass problem. If it were not for my sister, there would be no grass on this 1/2 acre.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 13, 2010
5:29 PM

Post #7790986

Think of the time & gas we'd save too.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 14, 2010
4:07 AM

Post #7791719

hi everyone chris love the rock good job marti sissy--judy
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 14, 2010
4:28 AM

Post #7791751

tish sorry to here you are leaving I have your present ready to send sissy--judy
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 14, 2010
4:50 AM

Post #7791782

Deb, that's what I'm doing right now. The local landscape rock supplier only has small rocks at this time. The ones I'm getting from him are great for painting small frogs, ladybugs, mice etc. You can hold them in palm of your hand. My penquin rock is from Bakersfield in Kern County, Calif. He's came here to KY with me.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2010
4:48 PM

Post #7793292

Ok FOTV this one's for you! Anna with the tree face eyes. lol. :P

Erin

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 14, 2010
5:32 PM

Post #7793409

That's so cute & hilarious too, Erin! Anna's a cutie pie. Have she and Max finished popping the bubblewrap yet?

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 14, 2010
5:43 PM

Post #7793433

All the bubble wrap is gone! Max laughs histarically when Anna puts those eyes up to hers. lol
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 14, 2010
6:06 PM

Post #7793484

hey cute little girl

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 16, 2010
6:42 AM

Post #7796963

Good Morning,
Just wanted Chris to know I received my b-day pressie. Thank You I love them. The Lavender butterflies are so pretty. And the windchime is awesome!!!! Can't wait to get them hung.

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 16, 2010
10:53 AM

Post #7797614

hey marti love the painted rock sissy--judy
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 16, 2010
11:04 AM

Post #7797644

bre what is a fairy garden sissy judy
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 16, 2010
11:09 AM

Post #7797659

Thanks Judy. I'm busy painting more rocks and will post more as I finish them. I'm going to be going to the flea market to sell them and my birdhouse gourds.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 16, 2010

Post #7797711

Catbirdsue _Cathy: I was wondering if we could do a trade or something. I would like some of your hosta for my shade garden. I like the lime green hostas. Let me know what you think . :)

Erin
barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

May 16, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7799071

Judy.. a farey (fairy) garden is a miniature garden and you plant things/ have things to attract farey's.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 16, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #7799330

marti001 wrote:Thanks Judy. I'm busy painting more rocks and will post more as I finish them. I'm going to be going to the flea market to sell them and my birdhouse gourds.

Do you paint your birdhouse gourds? How much do you sell them for?

Erin
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 16, 2010
8:05 PM

Post #7799343

Yes I paint my birdhouse gourds. Depending on the size and difficulty of painting it, ie the flowers on it I sell them for $15.00 - $30.00 plus shipping.

This is one I did for $15.00

Thumbnail by marti001

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 16, 2010
8:08 PM

Post #7799350

This is one with sunflowers and bees on it. Also $15.00

Thumbnail by marti001

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 16, 2010
8:09 PM

Post #7799354

Gourd #3. This was a present to a nice person.

Thumbnail by marti001

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 16, 2010
8:11 PM

Post #7799358

This is a large birdhouse with red roses on it that I'm working on right now. Plus I have one with sunflowers that I'm doing.

Thumbnail by marti001

barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

May 16, 2010
9:51 PM

Post #7799574

Wow, they are wonderful! I (for the past 2 years) have been trying to get mine to grow... any tips?
Thanks
Bre
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 16, 2010
9:57 PM

Post #7799580

All I know is that they are very heavy feeders. I have always bought my gourds. My sister is trying to grow some gourds this year. Well, she wants to grow gourds it will be up to me to take care of them, so this will be a first for me. There is a lady that comes to town every year and brings in hundreds of gourds, so for as little as a dollar each. They need to be cleaned but that's OK with me. I'm saving money up to buy a large amt from her this year.
barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

May 16, 2010
10:01 PM

Post #7799585

Thanks, I will keep that in mind :)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2010
4:14 AM

Post #7799771

Those are beautiful! I tried growing them too. The vine part did fine, climbed 10 feet! But no gourds. :( I love the sunflower one!

Erin
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 17, 2010
7:42 AM

Post #7800265

FruitoftheVine, Sissy70, Marti001 Did you ladies get your bday gifts in the mail yet?
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 17, 2010
7:57 AM

Post #7800298

I got mine. I thought I had posted it. Sorry
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 17, 2010
9:24 AM

Post #7800588

Marti, you porbably did. I missed some posts. Did you order anything fun? I was checking out the website. It's so tempting but I don't need any more plants!
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 17, 2010
10:53 AM

Post #7800965

I can not make up my mind. I have several things I want and must make up my mind. They just have so many beautiful things. I think gift certs make wonderful gifts.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2010
11:19 AM

Post #7801027

Good Lord... I wondered why there weren't any birthday posts. Guess it is because I forgot to "watch" the thread. Ladies, don't get old. :0)

I better catch up. sure am glad I checked in. Yeesh...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 17, 2010
2:19 PM

Post #7801505

Nice work Marti I have Just planted some BH Gourds & Many other ones that FOTV Shared with me :)))
Not sure what I will do with them for I'm not crafty but sure I can sell them this fall :))

New Duckling 's born yesterday :)
swimming lesson over time to dry off

Thumbnail by deejay9

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2010
3:35 PM

Post #7801718

Sissy, Here's the link to the Tiny Garden Forum where you'll find lots of ideas for Fairy Gardens:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/tinygardens/all/

Cute, cute. You raise Muscovy Ducks, don't you Susie? We only have Mallards here around the lake and those are really the only ones I'm familiar with except a few at the Coast.

I sure did, Anita, and had a ball going through the catalog and looking at their website. Posted up there on May 11th I'm getting Agastache "Summer Love", Centaurea "Gold Bullion" and Buddleia "Honeycomb". You did great, Girlfriend...Thank You :)

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 18, 2010
7:08 AM

Post #7803804

I received my pressie from Erin, Thank You. I love all of the seeds that you sent. And the coasters are so cool. I will use them in my bedroom, because those are the colors I am going to use in my quilt that I am going to make. I.m not much of a writer so I don't know what I will put in the journal, lol.
Thanks, Erin

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2010
8:10 AM

Post #7803994

I don't use mine as a journal, I use it for phone numbers and addresses and keep one in my purse and one in my kitchen drawer. You could also use it for to do lists or plant files.

Erin

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 18, 2010
9:01 AM

Post #7804149

Aw good idea :-)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 19, 2010
12:08 PM

Post #7807678

Here is my tree face on our pine tree. :) From FOTV

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 19, 2010
12:11 PM

Post #7807684

Heres a picture of the pond that I am putting in our backyard. Waiting for the oxygenator to get here tomorrow from foster and smith. :)

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 19, 2010
12:35 PM

Post #7807719

Sissy and Marilyn, I finally got your bday presents out in the mail today. Hope you like them.

FOTV, picked up your present today and will get it out in the mail.

Hows that?? I'm slowly getting caught up!!!
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 19, 2010
1:21 PM

Post #7807844

Nice job on the pond Mom! Keep us posted with on the progress with pictures
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2010
4:23 PM

Post #7808294

Your tree face looks so cool, Erin, and so does your new pond. I can appreciate how much hard work you put into digging the spot for it, not to mention you've been planting up a storm.

You're doing great, Marti! Thanks a bunch in advance for mine but like I said before, I'm happy with a card. I'm still chasing my tail and hope to get Cindy's out Saturday or early next week.

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 19, 2010
4:27 PM

Post #7808310

I saw my first hummingbird of the season!!!! I saw him (or her) sipping on a columbine. :) Just 10 minutes ago. Now me and the kids are making hummer food for the feeders and going to put them out in a few minutes. YAY!!!

Erin
barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2010
5:21 PM

Post #7808558

I (finally) got Judy, Mary, Erin, & Cindy's gifts mailed out today :) I am all caught up! Yeah!!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 19, 2010
6:15 PM

Post #7808745

Wow ! Your quick Bre! :)

Erin
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2010
12:51 PM

Post #7811174

Bre, awesome job. A true Bday club member.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2010
7:12 AM

Post #7813225

cindy its ready to fo ope gets there in time . blessings.. Happy Birthday happiness alwaysl
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 21, 2010
9:07 AM

Post #7813600

Received my present from Bre today. I will take a pic in a little bit. I got english mint plant, another plant (dk what it is), candles, sewing kit and microfiber cloths. Thank you Bre! :)

I DO HAVE TO SAY THOUGH NO MORE CANDLES PLEASE. I AM ALLERGIC TO THEM AND SO IS MY HUSBAND.
THANK YOU.

Erin
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 21, 2010
9:27 AM

Post #7813686

here is the picture of the presents that Bre sent to me.

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2010
11:15 AM

Post #7814010

FOTV Well I finallly got your present out in the mail today.

Still finishing a couple of other presents and will let you know when they go in the mail.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 21, 2010
1:45 PM

Post #7814389

hi everyone received 2 gifts today 1from marti and 1 from brewill post pics later
not moving to well today fell last nite nothing broken but sure am sore
PS yes anita received your gift ceritifact and have all ready received my plant that i ordered
it is a mock orange bush and it isn its new home

hey bre can i plant the english mint out doors or in the house?

sissy--judy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2010
5:09 PM

Post #7814920

Thank you, Marti. I'll let you know the day it arrives.

Take care of yourself, sissy. Feel better soon.

Nice goodies from Bre, Erin. So sorry about your allergies. Around here candles are like potato chips, can't have just one.

Marilyn, We can see you. Can you see us yet? How's the new glasses coming?

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2010
5:40 PM

Post #7815013

Was just wondering about you too Marilyn. Fruity beat me to it. She is one on the ball lady!
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 21, 2010
8:48 PM

Post #7815641

Ladies, have been trying not to 'lurk' to much. :)
still not seeing. Glasses came in, cannot wear them, have taken them back, and waiting another 7 to 10 business days for the new ones to come back. grrr. In the meantime I'm still trying to wear the broken ones. I can't take off work, this close to the end of school.
I do the route, come home, take them off, and only put them back on when I have to go back to work. I'm having a time! But one soon hopefully I can see as good as I did before all this started.
Odd thing is, I don't see much of the floater in my eye, until I put my glasses on? I can't figure that one out.
12 days of school left.
going to go to bed now, am beat, heat takes it right out of me on that bus. wish we had air. :) never happy are we? :)
good night ladies. hope to be back in the groove someday!
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2010
4:26 AM

Post #7816093

Marilyn what do floaters in the eyes mean? I've had them since I was young. Doctors have always told me its nothing.

Erin
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2010
4:38 AM

Post #7816105

Erin floaters are just little clumps of vitreous humor that are stuck together. Everyone has them. Sometimes they "float" in and out of your field of vision. As long as you don't have an episodes of flashing lights or lightening they are no big deal. Just annoying.

Hang in there Marilyn. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the glasses just right.

Neener
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #7816372

you are right Neener, annoying as h_ _ _! I have this one that just won't go away! But the flashing lights haven't returned so far. thank goodness!
It's just aggravating and frustrating to keep seeing the 'window blind' as I call it. and that eye is so sore. it may just be my imagination, but to me it's sore. It feels twice the size of my other eye.
just something I will learn to deal with I guess, along with the zillion other things I'm dealing with right now.
Girls don't give up on me, pressies will come,,,I'm good for them. Just give me some more time.
going to go for now. son is going out of town for several weeks, so getting all his clothes done in the laundry and he can figure out what he's taking and get his bag packed tonight. He's in class today and leaves out tomorrow.
How I wish I could have been making the money they are making at their age, when I WAS their age. LOL
have a great weekend ladies and I will be back.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 22, 2010
9:26 AM

Post #7816786

Hi All!!!

I received 3 b-day pressies yesterday
From Bre, Faye and Susie

This is what I got from Bre...English Mint plant, 20 yards of lavender rafia, 5 package of seeds for veggie garden, Vanilla scented Reed diffuser, Patriotic dishtowels and dishrags

Thanks Bre

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 22, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #7816861

From Faye, I received Sunflower note pad, Body Sensuals, candle holder, Precious Moments trinket box, music note bud holder

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

May 22, 2010
9:58 AM

Post #7816895

From Sudie, a Mixed Lobelia saddlebag

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2010
10:28 AM

Post #7816956

here is the pics of all the nice things Bre sent to me.
love the candle and the english mint and everything else

This message was edited May 22, 2010 12:30 PM

Thumbnail by sissy70

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2010
10:36 AM

Post #7816976

here is what Marti sent a wonderful pair of what I call nippers they sure are the nices ones I ever owned thanks marti

Thumbnail by sissy70

barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2010
10:38 AM

Post #7816983

Hello.
I am so sorry about the candle - I didnt realize you were allergic - just re-gift it :)
The English mint is hardy and I have mine planted outside - however, if you don't want it to take up your garden... put it in a pot!!
The other plant is a shamrock plant (sorry, I forgot to label it). It has really neat leaves & flowers. It is a houseplant that LOVES sun. At times it will appear dead but it comes right back... I have had mine for 6 years and it does that.
I am glad you enjoyed & sorry about the candle again
Bre
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2010
3:35 PM

Post #7817661

Very nice pressies, Judy & Cindy. Hey, I was at my girlfriend's today, we're always swapping plants, and she kept pulling up what she called a groundcover that comes back every year. It was everywhere in her old veggie garden...square stems with such pretty purple leaves so it must be some sort of a mint but don't have no clue which one.

What a pain, Marilyn. Hang in there til your new specks come. I'm counting down the days with you too til "School's Out For Summer". Sorry about the flashback to Alice Cooper :0)
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2010
4:21 PM

Post #7817784

Oh Fruity! I've got that song! going to find it and play it for the teenagers the last day of school when they are having their paperball fight on the bus. lol
They are looking forward to that. I let them do it last year. It was so funny. I crossed the railroad tracks, onto a dirt road, I got on the loud speaker and said, 'Okay, if you've got paper balls or airplanes you're just dying to throw, let them fly.' Nothing, absolutely nothing happened! They all just looked at one another, and then one said, 'She said let them fly'.
It looked like snow in my rear view mirror, :), then we had to go back out on the paved highway, no paper flying on the bus, then we turned down another dirt road, and it snowed again. By the time I finished my route, you couldn't tell there had ever been such a paper ball fight. Those teenagers cleaned up everything. I have a great bunch of young men and women on my route.
well, got to get off here and go fix a bite to eat. both boys are in for the evening, they will be leaving tomorrow for parts unknown, lol, one north and one south. so going to fix them a good home cooked meal before they leave again. I'll try to get a new thread for you all later this evening or early tomorrow. This one is getting a little long again for our dial-uppers. (have to keep them happy. :) )
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2010
4:38 PM

Post #7817814

That's so cool...crank it up for them, Marilyn! I bet you're the best bus driver those kids have ever had and they'll remember you for the rest of their lives :)

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 23, 2010
1:29 PM

Post #7820267

anita a pic of present from you sissy--judy
she is getting ready to bloom

Thumbnail by sissy70

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #7820460

How pretty, Sissy. Keep us posted please when it blooms and hope you can take another pic.

And here's one of mine from Susie today. The Cherry bushes have shown amazing growth in only 6 weeks. TY!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 23, 2010
3:52 PM

Post #7820680

greetings! New to the thread so I'm not sure what's happening here, but since today's my birthday and I saw this on my watched forums, I thought I'd pop in and say Hi and Happy Birthday to anyone sharing my day! :)

Carey
tubbytee
Ames, NE
(Zone 5b)

May 23, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #7820688

Carey
Happy Birthday

Tubby

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 23, 2010
4:08 PM

Post #7820721

Thanks Tubby! To make up for the occasion I picked up a random Frangipani at our local Home Depot today. Don't know which one until it blooms, but I'm so very excited!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2010
4:11 PM

Post #7820724

Happy Birthday, Carey! Hope your day was extra special.

Hi tubby too:)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 24, 2010
9:02 AM

Post #7822662

Sissy, Thanks for posting a picture. What did you get? What kind of plant is it?
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 24, 2010

Post #7823039

Anita its a mock orange when I was a child at home our neighbor next door had one
in her side yard and I have always wanted one but could not find one.
thank you sissy--judy
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 24, 2010
11:21 AM

Post #7823042

Got a really nice box of presents from barhea (Bre). She sent me a spray bottle (how did she know I was wanting one?), Bamboo reed diffuser(love it) note pad (I always need more of those) and 2 plants: 1 is English Mint the other is an Oxalis (I think), and a little sewing kit to keep in my purse.

Thank you Bre.

Thumbnail by marti001

barhea7
(Bre) Sellersville, PA
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2010
2:04 PM

Post #7823548

Your welcome! I am glad you enjoyed it!! And yes it is an Oxalis,, shamrock plant :)
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2010
2:31 PM

Post #7823640

very nice ladies.. hope you are all well i have really been down and sick so much pain..

blessings everyone.. Cindy mailed yours. so next is June.
mcrochet
Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 24, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #7824405

New thread ladies. sorry took me so long.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1100752/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America